Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 ... 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
"Samson was not referred to at all in a 360 page report released Thursday that Christie had sought to look into in the wake of the bridge scandal."

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... irman.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Posted on: 2014/3/28 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
"Whizzy" and "googly eyed"! Please stop! I'm going to wet my pants laughing!

I also have to thank you, Monroe. By continuing to repeat that Christie had nothing to do with Bridgegate, I became a believer. Because if you repeat something over and over, it becomes truth, right? I also like when you point out that Randy Mastro is a Democrat. That totally supersedes where his paycheck is coming from. I'm sure as a Democrat he wanted to hammer Christie, but the truth won out!

Can you please continue to repeat stuff about Lorreta Weinberg, so that maybe others can be convinced that if she's done something wrong somehere, it must mean that Chris Christie had nothing to do with Bridgegate? Come up with a cute nickname for her to really make the point.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Aren't you happy that your tax money paid for Randy Mastro to find out the truth?

The Whizzy/Loretta Inquisition is going to cost ten times as much.

It will really be amusing when the Federal investigation comes out before the Whizzy/Loretta version, with the same findings as lifelong registered Democrat Mastro had-then we'll see what kind of Kangaroo Court findings Whizzy/Loretta muster up to try and save face.

They can't go after googly eyed Zimmer without shining a bright light into the sewer of Democratic Hudson County. They can't go too deep into the Port Authority, because it's been a bi-partisan cesspool that has leaned Democratic for the last couple of decades. Patronage issues? No, they don't want to go there, especially Whizzy in Middlesex County. Pensions? Double dipper Loretta won't touch it with a ten foot pole. (Although she's still stung by losing over a million dollars with Madoff. Where'd she get so much do-re-mi?)

So it'll be fun to watch!

Posted on: 2014/3/28 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
$1M is a small price to pay for undisputed truth. I say add on a tip for the man.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 20:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Aren't you happy that your tax money paid for Randy Mastro to find out the truth?

Posted on: 2014/3/28 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
I owe a great deal of gratitude to Randy Mastro. All along, I was convinced that Chris Christie gave direct orders to cause the traffic problems in Fort Lee. But thanks to Mastro's comprehensive and impartial report, it seems that Christie had nothing to do with it. I am glad to have been educated.

I never learn. I once thought that OJ Simpson murdered his ex- wife and Ron Goldman. But after listening to attorney Johnnie Cochran, I became convinced that OJ could not have done it.

I also once thought that Joran Van Der Sloot must have killed Natalee Holloway. But again, an attorney set me right and convinced me that he did not do it.

I need to stop trusting myself. Thankfully, there are highly-paid lawyers who can educate me. I find the ones with the most expensive suits, or bow ties, or interesting hair to be the most informative. If you ever see an attorney with a Brioni suit, a sharp bow tie, and great hair, listen to him! He's educating you.

Funny!

Posted on: 2014/3/28 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
I owe a great deal of gratitude to Randy Mastro. All along, I was convinced that Chris Christie gave direct orders to cause the traffic problems in Fort Lee. But thanks to Mastro's comprehensive and impartial report, it seems that Christie had nothing to do with it. I am glad to have been educated.

I never learn. I once thought that OJ Simpson murdered his ex- wife and Ron Goldman. But after listening to attorney Johnnie Cochran, I became convinced that OJ could not have done it.

I also once thought that Joran Van Der Sloot must have killed Natalee Holloway. But again, an attorney set me right and convinced me that he did not do it.

I need to stop trusting myself. Thankfully, there are highly-paid lawyers who can educate me. I find the ones with the most expensive suits, or bow ties, or interesting hair to be the most informative. If you ever see an attorney with a Brioni suit, a sharp bow tie, and great hair, listen to him! He's educating you.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Mr. Samson, a prominent lawyer and close ally of the Republican governor, who appointed Mr. Samson to the authority?s board in 2011, inexplicably refused to be interviewed for the investigation commissioned by his patron.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/29/nyr ... -scandal-report.html?_r=0

Posted on: 2014/3/28 19:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Samson just resigned as head of the Port Authority.

The big question is why?

Remember that Christie has been behind him every step of the way.

Also, note the announcement late in the day on a Friday. Typically when the biggest stories are released, calculated to minimize exposure.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you Monroe for providing a balanced perspective. We always hear what we want to hear and sometimes it's nice to know that these shenanigans happen no matter what party affiliation.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
While I agree with some of what you say, the issue of him 'moving past' has nothing to do with his actions (taking responsibility, firing those associated with the traffic jams) and everything with the partisan press trying to demonize him to protect Hilary's POTUS ambitions.

Look no further than the silly (and ultimately flaccid) daily stories from the Star Ledger and nj.com. Stories, editorials, polls, opinion pieces, yadda yadda.

While no noise about Booker's former partners and political supporters stealing MILLIONS of dollars from the people of Newark. One or two stories and it's gone dark.

Wouldn't a sitting US Senator, whose close political ally gave herself a $209,000 severance package in 2006-but kept working until 2013, when she received another $454,000 severance package-all under the time Booker was the chairman of the Water Authority Board of Trustees-be under a bright light?

Or that after Booker became mayor, he steered the Water Authority law business to his old law firm partnership, worth millions in billings-the one that paid him over $500,000 while he was in office AS mayor?

So yes, the partisan press is doing everything it can to push the now disproven traffic jam narrative-that's why it's difficult for Christie to get past, not because of the facts.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
While I agree with some of what you say, the issue of him 'moving past' has nothing to do with his actions (taking responsibility, firing those associated with the traffic jams) and everything with the partisan press trying to demonize him to protect Hilary's POTUS ambitions.

Look no further than the silly (and ultimately flaccid) daily stories from the Star Ledger and nj.com. Stories, editorials, polls, opinion pieces, yadda yadda.

While no noise about Booker's former partners and political supporters stealing MILLIONS of dollars from the people of Newark. One or two stories and it's gone dark.

Wouldn't a sitting US Senator, whose close political ally gave herself a $209,000 severance package in 2006-but kept working until 2013, when she received another $454,000 severance package-all under the time Booker was the chairman of the Water Authority Board of Trustees-be under a bright light?

Or that after Booker became mayor, he steered the Water Authority law business to his old law firm partnership, worth millions in billings-the one that paid him over $500,000 while he was in office AS mayor?

So yes, the partisan press is doing everything it can to push the now disproven traffic jam narrative-that's why it's difficult for Christie to get past, not because of the facts.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Fatso gets heckled at his own Town Hall meetings and got booed during Super Bowl events.

He may try to throw anyone that's ever known him under the bus but the majority of people in this thread and in this state don't buy it.

I wonder what he will do when his governor term ends?

Heckled by a handful of union supporters, while the crowds are overwhelmingly positive-he's done well over 100 events, and the crowds are always supportive. At least try to be somewhat truthful, lol. And his biggest support has been in shore towns. When you compare what NJ has done vs NY re:Sandy damaged properties it's easy to see why.

In the link see-'In addition, not a single family out of 26,000 impacted by Sandy has received the rebuilding assistance promised by the city's Build it Back program. It has been 17 months since the storm hit. New Yorkers should no longer be suffering.'

Where is the press hammering Cuomo? Bloomberg, and now de Blasio? Too busy concentrating on a traffic jam, rather than people without housing for a year and a half.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-r ... king-sandy_b_5031256.html

Hilary hasn't slept in two nights I've was told.

The "press" has probably lost interest in hurricane Sandy and it's aftermath, as have many easily distracted voters. It's left to political/policy junkies like ourselves (on the right and left) to keep the issue alive.

But back to Christie and Clinton - Chris Christie adopted a different political persona than did Hilary, the consumate political insider who's not afraid to show it. Christie is continuing to have a hard time moving past this because he represented that he - and by extension his administration - was above this sort of thing (i.e., Bridgegate). The others you mention, perhaps with the exception of DeBlasio, have no qualms about being seen rolling in the political mud...

Posted on: 2014/3/28 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lol, Rachel Maddow is a fair and balanced source? He's already behind Hilary, no?

Posted on: 2014/3/28 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/28 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Resized Image

So the New York Post is ripping on fatso for being a liar and claims that NJ voters don't buy his story?

Definitely a liberal rag, ignore it! /s

Posted on: 2014/3/28 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
I think that this report did more damage to Christie. The press was quiet for awhile, and he should have kept low profile. Now the report made him look even shadier than before.

Remember the study on effects of smoking done by cigarette company? "Smoking doesn't cause cancer." Yeah, right.

Gee, a lifelong registered Democrat has unfettered access to the Iphones, government AND personal emails of the Governor and Lieutenant Governor (which the Whizzy and Loretta dog and pony show hasn't asked for!), examines over a quarter million emails, texts, phone messages by almost a hundred NJ employees up to the highest level-and they have come up with EXACTLY what Whizzy and Loretta have-nothing whatsoever to indicate that Christie had ANYTHING to do with the traffic jam.

And the national media is reporting the accuracy of the report, although the usual partisan hacks are, in vain, trying to spin it.

Better get ready for plan B-but be ready when that's used to devastating effect to his likely opponent.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I think that this report did more damage to Christie. The press was quiet for awhile, and he should have kept low profile. Now the report made him look even shadier than before.

Remember the study on effects of smoking done by cigarette company? "Smoking doesn't cause cancer." Yeah, right.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Not much noise about the fact that the former Federal prosecutor in charge of the investigation, Randy Mastro, not only had never met Christie prior to beginning the probe, but that he's a lifelong registered Democrat who has also represented far left clients such as Bill de Blasio and Betsy Gotbaum, and has filed lawsuits against former Mayor Bloomberg.

Sounds like someone with no political agenda or ax to grind-yet he's being portrayed as a Christie hack by the looney left.

Go figure.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 11:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/3/28 2:56
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i heard....life imitates reality

Posted on: 2014/3/28 2:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i'm watching scandal and it seems to have clinton/christie written all over it

Did you know a lead actor on that show was recently arrested for felony battery? Scandal!

Posted on: 2014/3/28 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i'm watching scandal and it seems to have clinton/christie written all over it

Posted on: 2014/3/28 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Chris Christie update: Guv?s losing the Politico primary

Along with plenty of other changes, one thing Bridgegate has done to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is permanently damage what was once an enviable relationship with the press. For years, Christie could seemingly do no wrong in the national media?s eyes, despite there being more than a few local New Jersey reporters willing to shed some light on the governor?s darker practices. Yet a new report from Politico ? historically, one of Christie?s biggest fans in the media ? shows that even the most clueless and Beltway-blinkered members of the press corps are starting to realize that Christie just ain?t what he used to be. At this rate, Christie?ll soon have only Joe Scarborough and Nicolle Wallace singing his praises.

Here?s what you should know about Christie:

Politico?s new piece on the shadow presidential primary happening right now within the GOP is framed around a truth long understood outside the Beltway but only just now starting to really sink in among the media?s political elite: He?s no longer the party?s 2016 front-runner. The report finds that insiders within the party and potential candidates now consider the race wide-open and believe Bridgegate has permanently ? maybe even fatally ? wounded Christie as a political figure.

In that same vein, Philip Bumb of the Wire makes a persuasive argument that, in the court of public opinion, Christie will never truly be cleared of any Bridgegate wrongdoing. No matter how many investigations are released without proof that the governor knew about the engineered Fort Lee traffic snarl, there will be plenty of people ? especially Democrats ? who will find more questions to ask and more reasons to raise suspicion. Don?t believe him? Google the following words: ?Barack,? ?Obama,? ?Benghazi.?

Proving Bump?s point, the Star-Ledger has a report on how the upcoming Christie-controlled internal inquiry, which reportedly finds the governor innocent, is playing among politicians and political insiders in the Garden State. The short answer: They think it?s a patently compromised joke and are lending it very little credence, if any at all.

Christie hasn?t had many successes in 2014 thus far, but he at the very least has done this much: He?s gotten a Democrat in Congress to admit his Republican colleagues may have been right. New Jersey Dem Frank Pallone is quoted in a Daily Beast report by Olivia Nuzzi?as intimating that Republicans who held up providing federal aid to New Jersey in the wake of Superstorm Sandy, worried it would be wasted and/or ?lost? due to corruption, may have been onto something.??I have to go back to the very people who said ?I didn?t want to vote for this because it wasn?t going to be managed properly? now that they?ve been proven right,? Pallone told Nuzzi. ?It?s very sad.?

More: http://www.salon.com/2014/03/26/chris ... ing_the_politico_primary/

Posted on: 2014/3/28 0:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Fatso gets heckled at his own Town Hall meetings and got booed during Super Bowl events.

He may try to throw anyone that's ever known him under the bus but the majority of people in this thread and in this state don't buy it.

Heckled by a handful of union supporters, while the crowds are overwhelmingly positive-he's done well over 100 events, and the crowds are always supportive. At least try to be somewhat truthful, lol. And his biggest support has been in shore towns. When you compare what NJ has done vs NY re:Sandy damaged properties it's easy to see why.

In the link see-'In addition, not a single family out of 26,000 impacted by Sandy has received the rebuilding assistance promised by the city's Build it Back program. It has been 17 months since the storm hit. New Yorkers should no longer be suffering.'

Where is the press hammering Cuomo? Bloomberg, and now de Blasio? Too busy concentrating on a traffic jam, rather than people without housing for a year and a half.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-r ... king-sandy_b_5031256.html

Hilary hasn't slept in two nights I've was told.

Posted on: 2014/3/27 23:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Resized Image

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Christie can either open a fast food franchise or join his buddy working in a bar!

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/3/27 22:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
A job at Giuliani Partners or the Port Authority, they owe him one

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/27 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/27 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
'What difference does it make, anyway?'

Oh, he can't use that, it's already copyrighted.

Posted on: 2014/3/27 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/3/27 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Resized Image

Resized Image

Christie's new political slogan:

IN-CHARGE OF EVERYTHING, ACCOUNTABLE FOR NOTHING

If he is (which he isn't of course-note his 2 hour epic press conference, not dodging a SINGLE QUESTION) he's only taking a page from the Democrats (Obama and Madame Hilary).

But again-since we haven't seen one scintilla of evidence, he's scot free.

Posted on: 2014/3/27 21:26

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 ... 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017