Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Tattoo Removal in JC?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
I just know that there aren't many of my tastes from 30 years ago that I'd like to display on my arm now.

Amen Brother! I shudder to contemplate having married any of the women I dated in my 20's. But I still like the same music...

Posted on: 2013/11/19 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Better idea: Don't get a tattoo in the first place. You really believe you're going to like that drawing of a flying unicorn 30 years from now?

Since I started this with my comment on this person's innocent request for information...I don't care if you have a tattoo. I defend your right to have one. And yeah, I've done plenty of things I regret, but most of them left no visible scars (on me or others). I just know that there aren't many of my tastes from 30 years ago that I'd like to display on my arm now.

Posted on: 2013/11/19 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Nah, it's not lack of confidence. I think the general consensus is a lack of tolerance for ignorance. I could be wrong.

But again, I pose the question: what do you do that is so unique and interesting?

Please understand my tone; not trying to be confrontational or a jerk about it. I am asking seriously so viewers of this board can get a better sense for what you find interesting or what you consider something acceptable.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
I get what you're trying to convey by providing that link, but it's not making the point you want to make. Bad tattoos (i.e. genuine mistakes, bad artistry) are one thing, but conceptually, what's so wrong with body art?

Do you do anything else besides wake up, military tuck your sheets, go to work, eat you cheese sandwich, come home and drink heavily? I'm kidding, sort of.

Come on man, you gotta lighten up a little. I'm still waiting for a response to my earlier post: what exactly do you do that is so unique and interesting? Or are those terms too frightening for you?

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Tattoos are a statement - part of your persona, part of your dress. It's tough to pick a tattoo that stands the test of time, no different to finding an item of clothing you'd want to wear all the time.

To me, some are gross and some absolutely rock. But the only person who's opinion matters is the wearer.

Just keep them covered up.

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/ugliesttattoos

That's my point. There is nothing unique about tattoos now that so many people have them. They went from "I was a merchant marine and travelled the world" to "I did 5 years for assault" to "I want attention". Just saying. They're a fad and that's all. And from the overly defensive responses I read here a lot of people are not very confident in their choices.

Where shall I begin? Actually no one cares. That's the mistake people make, they think everyone cares about their life story. There may be one or two people in your life who will listen or feign interest but ultimately no one really cares about your struggle with "individualism". In a few years the "no tattoo" look will come back around to being "in fashion". So what? Enjoy the tattoos while they still look half decent.

Posted on: 2013/11/19 16:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
I'd say that dog kicked a$$, as long as it's over 18 haha!

But it still needs to be on a leash

Quote:

soupydumplings wrote:
great another topic that turns into a back and forth between vigi and nyrgravey. I wonder what would be said if there was a dog off leash that had a tattoo...

in my opinion, which probably doesn't matter, is that everyone is different. different styles, different tastes, different opinions. if someone does or has something that doesn't harm anyone else. why does it matter? to each their own.

Posted on: 2013/11/19 16:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/5 3:11
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
great another topic that turns into a back and forth between vigi and nyrgravey. I wonder what would be said if there was a dog off leash that had a tattoo...

in my opinion, which probably doesn't matter, is that everyone is different. different styles, different tastes, different opinions. if someone does or has something that doesn't harm anyone else. why does it matter? to each their own.

Posted on: 2013/11/19 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Nah, it's not lack of confidence. I think the general consensus is a lack of tolerance for ignorance. I could be wrong.

But again, I pose the question: what do you do that is so unique and interesting?

Please understand my tone; not trying to be confrontational or a jerk about it. I am asking seriously so viewers of this board can get a better sense for what you find interesting or what you consider something acceptable.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
I get what you're trying to convey by providing that link, but it's not making the point you want to make. Bad tattoos (i.e. genuine mistakes, bad artistry) are one thing, but conceptually, what's so wrong with body art?

Do you do anything else besides wake up, military tuck your sheets, go to work, eat you cheese sandwich, come home and drink heavily? I'm kidding, sort of.

Come on man, you gotta lighten up a little. I'm still waiting for a response to my earlier post: what exactly do you do that is so unique and interesting? Or are those terms too frightening for you?

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Tattoos are a statement - part of your persona, part of your dress. It's tough to pick a tattoo that stands the test of time, no different to finding an item of clothing you'd want to wear all the time.

To me, some are gross and some absolutely rock. But the only person who's opinion matters is the wearer.

That's my point. There is nothing unique about tattoos now that so many people have them. They went from "I was a merchant marine and travelled the world" to "I did 5 years for assault" to "I want attention". Just saying. They're a fad and that's all. And from the overly defensive responses I read here a lot of people are not very confident in their choices.

Posted on: 2013/11/19 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/19 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Tattoos are pass? and not really very interesting.

So is your opinion on this topic. Therefore, please cover it up!

Posted on: 2013/11/19 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Tattoos are pass? and not really very interesting.

What I love about this quote is that, if tattoos are passe and not interesting, that means they've become more socially acceptable, which is awesome.

It used to be some conservative types would be aghast at the sight of a tattoo. So, maybe this is actually a good thing someone like Vigi posted this?

Posted on: 2013/11/19 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/19 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
I have had around 30 body piercings but no tattoos because I'm too indecisive. That said, I love tattoos on other people. Every single one tells a story. From the stereotypical tribal butterfly to the intricate, symbolism laden full back piece - there is no tattoo that doesn't symbolize a moment in someone's life (even if that moment was "I was 18, drunk, and stupid as shit").

Being anti-tattoo is just really boring and reactionary...do you get upset about swearing and skirts above the knee too? Aren't you special, hating on something like 60% of the population...it's like hating people who wear sneakers or something. Says more about your need to be negative than anything else.

There is nothing more dull than the person who is always hating this or that like a toddler who just learned the word "no."

Posted on: 2013/11/19 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Vigilante - Why do you care? Do you get equally bothered by the way folks dress?

Posted on: 2013/11/19 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/19 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/19 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
The JC List gods have Spoken!!! Let it be known!

Posted on: 2013/11/19 12:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I never mentioned people. Tattoos are pass? and not really very interesting. They should be covered up and not used like a slide show from your trip to Florida. "Oh tell me about this one." They used to be unique albeit crappy looking and usually were worn by people who were either sailors or ex-cons. Now so many people have them and have the SAME ones that they're just plain boring and pass?. Just telling it like it is. I don't think I'm bursting anybody's bubble here. It's obvious that they just have lost their panache.

Posted on: 2013/11/19 5:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Vigilante, I'm dying to know something: what's some of the more unique things you're known for?

(Disclosure, I have 2 tattoos but they're covered. Some good friends however are totally covered and they're great people).

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Tattoos are banal. Like shopping at Urban Outfitters.

Posted on: 2013/11/19 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
With the handle Vigilante? Fresh, like Charles Bronson is fresh.

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Because your take is so fresh, right?

Full disclosure: I don't have a tattoo.

Posted on: 2013/11/19 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Because your take is so fresh, right?

Full disclosure: I don't have a tattoo.

Posted on: 2013/11/19 2:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/11/19 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Ever done anything you regret doing?

Frequently. Fortunately for me the results are usually only displayed on the inside of my skull or on the bathroom scale. I never got a tattoo because I always figured if I don't know what I want for dinner how can I possibly know what what want on my skin forever? Do the indecisive never get tattoos?

Knew a guy in the 90's with several Simpsons tattoos and thought him rash, who knew he was so prescient, that it would be the longest lived scripted show of all time? He did have his Busch beer tat colored in though...

Posted on: 2013/11/19 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Good for you. I have one and don't regret it either. We'll leave Mr. Wilson to scream at the kids.

Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Better idea: Don't get a tattoo in the first place. You really believe you're going to like that drawing of a flying unicorn 30 years from now?

Posted on: 2013/11/19 0:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/29 22:56
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
:) Saw your response to the first response...

I love all 14 of my tattoos and don't regret any of them. The one I'm planning on getting removed is just to lighten it so I can get another one. I studied tribal arts in grad school so for that guy who thinks tattoos are foolish acts in our youth... well, I guess he didn't realize there are actually people who do it consciously and have no regrets.

Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

Quote:

JCishome wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/19 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

JCishome wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/18 23:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/31 18:01
From In your dreams
Group:
Registered Users
You are very welcome

Posted on: 2013/11/18 21:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
@SWTGRL81 Thanks :)

Posted on: 2013/11/18 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:

Yeah buddy, because time machines exist.

Posted on: 2013/11/18 21:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/31 18:01
From In your dreams
Group:
Registered Users
If your interested, my cousin went to Dr Rand in Manhattan. He is located at 347 5th Avenue Suite 1101. The number is 212-358-7500.

Posted on: 2013/11/18 20:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/18 20:18

Tattoo Removal in JC?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone get a tattoo removed here in JC or downtown Manhattan? Any info on a place to do it would be appreciated.

Posted on: 2013/11/18 19:47

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017