Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
159 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: knockout
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
All I'm going to say is that in some countries in the Mid East you'd have your hand chopped off in public for knocking out an innocent elderly person. Sometimes deterring crime is the best way to prevent it...my two cents.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 3:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
As for white dudes in khakis / suits - if they are wasted, I absolutely avoid them. Spending as much time in hoboken as I have, I have seen as much messed up behavior there from people as I have when i've lived in very economically depressed areas....

take out the drunkenness - do you still avoid dudes in khakis /suits?

Who said they were drunk?

And I'd avoid them. In my experiences, people in khakis/suits have been douchier than those in suits. I'm glad I work for a start up now where people don't pretend that monkey suits make you more professional and/or productive.

CapNJon did in his quote above...but I'm glad you replied.

You're right, I missed that. Sorry.

Quote:
I can also assure you that even in the tech industry, unless you're Steve Jobs, you wear suits or you will be laughed at...

Even Zuckerberg understands this now...

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-zuckerberg-in-a-suit-2013-9

Do you care to qualify that statement? Because as-is, it's way too general to make sense.

Also, Zuckerman was meeting with politicians.. so how does that disqualify my point?

Posted on: 2013/11/26 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
I guess I should tell my story about being threatened by young black males. I had just had some drinks at the bar and was waiting for the light rail when a group of.them sat down near me and made a few sarcastic remarks. I said "I bet you're the toughest guys in your dorm." Zing! They looked angry but didn't know how to react. (Did he just call us Carlton Banks?) I was quite pleased with myself. It was insulting to insinuate that I would feel threatened by college students.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
As for white dudes in khakis / suits - if they are wasted, I absolutely avoid them. Spending as much time in hoboken as I have, I have seen as much messed up behavior there from people as I have when i've lived in very economically depressed areas....

And I'd avoid them. In my experiences, people in khakis/suits have been douchier than those in suits. I'm glad I work for a start up now where people don't pretend that monkey suits make you more professional and/or productive.

CapNJon did in his quote above...but I'm glad you replied. I can also assure you that even in the tech industry, unless you're Steve Jobs, you wear suits or you will be laughed at...

Even Zuckerberg understands this now...

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-zuckerberg-in-a-suit-2013-9

Posted on: 2013/11/26 3:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/26 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/26 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
No, I don't think you're saying anything controversial. I've seen preppy white boys from my college and in my high school engage in egregious behavior (inebriated or not) and it's not deemed pathological and I've seen black and latino kids who dress in hip-hop urban style who are completely nice. I just don't believe in the bifurcation of Ralph Lauren/Abercrombie (good kids) versus Hoodie, pants down (bad kids). I look for other CONTEXT CLUES in addition to how one is dressed, what are they discussing (sports, music versus "let's kick his MF'en ass, son"), are the stares menacing and persistent, are they really unruly, etc. And just because one is black and dresses in J. Crew and speaks really well will not innoculate him or her from racism or make him/her above reproach. I've witnessed it first hand. http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2012/03 ... -zimmerman-killed_25.html

That article is racist...here are just some wildy racist lines:

Quote:
It could be our cool pose, energy, or mere fact of existence that scares some white people.

Quote:
At an early age, we are made aware of the realities of race, "niggerized," and forced to understand what it means to be a problem.

Quote:
To be "white" is to be anything but "black."

Quote:
But in our absence, Whiteness would have to create new "black" people. Why? white people would eventually realize that being "White" is a lie, and all of the prejudices, stereotypes, and insecurities that are transferred onto black people would have to be processed elsewhere so that the collective White psyche could remain intact.

Quote:
Could there be something amiss in the heart of Whiteness?

Ultimately, the world is how you see it..if you only see it as black V white, then it will be that way.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/26 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
We all need to be street savvy and aware. I sometimes cross the street when I see a group of teenagers irrespective of race (white kids, black kids, Hispanic kids) by a gut feel I intuit and I don't talk on my cell phone or text while walking en route to my house or around JC. It's not dismissing it but as I said, I do think the media is trying to sway public opinion and talk about scary black people. And to the person who said, it's just how you dress and speak, not true. Anyone who knows me, knows how I dress and I've had some white people find me threatening. Why I don't know. Anyway, NYPost like everyone else needs to sell newspapers/sensationalism and this gives some anonymous JClist users a platform to flex their Drudge Report, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin skills. http://www.salon.com/2012/08/13/why_c ... lash_mobs_and_race_riots/

You cross the street when you see a bunch of teens dressed in suits or in button down shirts and khakis? Yeah, okay...
The kids that killed the homeless man in Hoboken two of them had on collared shirts and khakis.

Really? From what I saw one of them was wearing a wifebeater, another in a hoodie, and ankle long shorts...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... ss-man-game-knockout.html

Where do you see a collared shirt?
I got the number wrong then one has a collared shirt and khakis not two. He is the one I'm assuming you thought had a hoodie but that's not a hood the kid has dreads. Neither kid in shorts has the shorts to his ankle either. One has them at the knee and is wearing high white socks, the other you can clearly see has his shorts above the knee. The original video isn't blurred and I noticed the school uniform(khakis and collared shirt) and basketball shorts when I watched it on TV before they were caught. I just got the ratio of school to basketball clothes backwards.

You are right, those are dreads and what appears to be a polo shirt. Those shorts are definitely pass the knee's though...

In any case, I still stand by what I said...individuals who adopt "sagging" and utter curses in every sentence along with erratic behavior are the problem..regardless of race

Posted on: 2013/11/26 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
If I see Abercrombie/khaki wearing Hollister sartorial donning drunken white frat boys acting really loud and boisterous over by the beer garden, puking, etc. yeah I might just be apt to cross the street. They could yell epithets at me (happened in college to me), throw bottles (happened in college) etc. I dress conservatively, speak well, etc. but yes I've had white women grab their pocketbooks in my midst and once felt like an older white woman VISITING the building in which I RESIDE felt very scared just being on the elevator with me.

Well yeah...if they are drunk that changes everything. Wouldn't you try to avoid drunken people regardless of clothing...

What I'm saying is take away the drunkenness, loudness, you don't avoid a bunch of preppy kids...

However, you do avoid kids dressed like hoodlums - even if they are not drunk or loud.

Don't think I'm saying anything controversial...
Very few teens now a days dress like they did in the past. They wear all the same things in the hood as the kids in the burbs, Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, Ralph Lauren, True Religion etc. Baggy is also out, they where fitting and in some cases tight clothing now.

Umm, wtf, are you nuts? It's called sagging and it's not only popular, it's a trend. Kids in the hood DO NOT WEAR RALPH LAUREN. I can only assume you are joking...

Posted on: 2013/11/26 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
There's a problem. Nobody seriously believes its part of a race war. It's dumb kids getting into trouble, with serious, sometimes fatal consequences for their weaker victims. Who cares whether it's a new problem or not?

I don't want to hear a debate on causes. I'd rather hear the City recognizing the problem, and publicizing solutions on youth violence. Whether it's after-schools programs, anti-bullying campaigns, community outreach, gang-busting measures, foot patrols. I don't care. The silence from the City is simply maddening and shows a lack of leadership.
Send these two stories to CNN then they might stop denying it doesn't exist. http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... and_attempt_to_knock.html http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... ty_man_20_apologizes.html

Posted on: 2013/11/26 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
All true.

Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
No, I don't think you're saying anything controversial. I've seen preppy white boys from my college and in my high school engage in egregious behavior (inebriated or not) and it's not deemed pathological and I've seen black and latino kids who dress in hip-hop urban style who are completely nice. I just don't believe in the bifurcation of Ralph Lauren/Abercrombie (good kids) versus Hoodie, pants down (bad kids). I look for other CONTEXT CLUES in addition to how one is dressed, what are they discussing (sports, music versus "let's kick his MF'en ass, son"), are the stares menacing and persistent, are they really unruly, etc. And just because one is black and dresses in J. Crew and speaks really well will not innoculate him or her from racism or make him/her above reproach. I've witnessed it first hand. http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2012/03 ... -zimmerman-killed_25.html

Posted on: 2013/11/26 1:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/25 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
We all need to be street savvy and aware. I sometimes cross the street when I see a group of teenagers irrespective of race (white kids, black kids, Hispanic kids) by a gut feel I intuit and I don't talk on my cell phone or text while walking en route to my house or around JC. It's not dismissing it but as I said, I do think the media is trying to sway public opinion and talk about scary black people. And to the person who said, it's just how you dress and speak, not true. Anyone who knows me, knows how I dress and I've had some white people find me threatening. Why I don't know. Anyway, NYPost like everyone else needs to sell newspapers/sensationalism and this gives some anonymous JClist users a platform to flex their Drudge Report, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin skills. http://www.salon.com/2012/08/13/why_c ... lash_mobs_and_race_riots/

You cross the street when you see a bunch of teens dressed in suits or in button down shirts and khakis? Yeah, okay...
The kids that killed the homeless man in Hoboken two of them had on collared shirts and khakis.

Really? From what I saw one of them was wearing a wifebeater, another in a hoodie, and ankle long shorts...

I got the number wrong then one has a collared shirt and khakis not two. He is the one I'm assuming you thought had a hoodie but that's not a hood the kid has dreads. Neither kid in shorts has the shorts to his ankle either. One has them at the knee and is wearing high white socks, the other you can clearly see has his shorts above the knee. The original video isn't blurred and I noticed the school uniform(khakis and collared shirt) and basketball shorts when I watched it on TV before they were caught. I just got the ratio of school to basketball clothes backwards.

Posted on: 2013/11/25 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
There's a problem. Nobody seriously believes its part of a race war. It's dumb kids getting into trouble, with serious, sometimes fatal consequences for their weaker victims. Who cares whether it's a new problem or not?

I don't want to hear a debate on causes. I'd rather hear the City recognizing the problem, and publicizing solutions on youth violence. Whether it's after-schools programs, anti-bullying campaigns, community outreach, gang-busting measures, foot patrols. I don't care. The silence from the City is simply maddening and shows a lack of leadership.

Posted on: 2013/11/25 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
If I see Abercrombie/khaki wearing Hollister sartorial donning drunken white frat boys acting really loud and boisterous over by the beer garden, puking, etc. yeah I might just be apt to cross the street. They could yell epithets at me (happened in college to me), throw bottles (happened in college) etc. I dress conservatively, speak well, etc. but yes I've had white women grab their pocketbooks in my midst and once felt like an older white woman VISITING the building in which I RESIDE felt very scared just being on the elevator with me.

Well yeah...if they are drunk that changes everything. Wouldn't you try to avoid drunken people regardless of clothing...

What I'm saying is take away the drunkenness, loudness, you don't avoid a bunch of preppy kids...

However, you do avoid kids dressed like hoodlums - even if they are not drunk or loud.

Very few teens now a days dress like they did in the past. They wear all the same things in the hood as the kids in the burbs, Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, Ralph Lauren, True Religion etc. Baggy is also out, they where fitting and in some cases tight clothing now.

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
If anyone here feel like a depressing read, this website is a pretty good clearing house for urban mayhem.

http://thugreport.com/

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Be savvy and self-aware of your surroundings but as user and vigilante said, these are thuggish youths who could be of any race (the news just talks about black/Latino kids acting bad, not white suburban kids doing bad things, because the former sells newspapers, makes for good tv and establishes public policy). And I think the NYTimes just ran a piece about empathy and that teens/boys don't get it until 16/17? The narrative of scary black man goes all the way back to the antebellum period and is indelibly imprinted into the white imagination although most white people are likely to be attacked, raped, etc. by other white people. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/ ... rtin-and-i-aint-shit.html

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
All the JC racist calm the f down this is not a race thing its a youth thing..

it's not a race thing, it's a thug and ghettoness problem. You can be a thug and ghetto and be any race...

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
This has gone on for years but now it's easier to "share" videos and spread the trend. Teenagers can be talked into anything when they're in a group. Fact: Teens brains are not fully developed yet and fear is way down on their list. Some of them are stupid, some malicious and some just want to fit in but either way they should be punished to the full extent of the law. Is race a motivation? In a large percentage of the attacks it seems obvious. Is the press driving this? Yes and no. On one hand they are popularizing something that we really don't want and on the other they are just looking for content to fill their 2 hour morning shows.

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
All the JC racist calm the f down this is not a race thing its a youth thing..

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
and the flip side of all this fear mongering is Trayvon Martin, Reneisha McBride, Jonathan Ferrell and the Staten Island black mother during Sandy storm who lost her kids because the guy thought she was a scary [black] man.

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
you're funny. You and I both know that if I said "black kids" I'd get attacked for being racist. Does any form you fill out that asks ethnicity say "black"? No, they say "african american". Do they ever say "European American?" Nope, they say "white (other than...)"....

I spent a lot of time in Africa and no one that ever discussed race (that I spoke to) agreed with the term african american.

Do I call myself European American? Nope. At best, you'll get from me is American of irish ancestry... but once again, that's not a field I can fill out on any form I've ever seen....

Posted on: 2013/11/25 22:04

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017