Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: The Best Cities for Millenials
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rycor wrote:
Quote:

jcdd wrote:
Welcome to JC! I moved here 12 years ago as a 20 something and am still here as a married 30 something mom. This town is strangely compelling, despite what the detractors say. We were briefly contemplating a move to the suburbs when our child was born, but the suburbs just weren't for us. My hubby said he "felt like his life was over" when we were looking at houses in the burbs. lol! JC is a great place to live.

My wife and I just went through the same thing, sorta. We have only lived in JC for going on our second year. When we found out she was pregnant we started looking in the suburbs for a home, we definitely need a bigger place. But we have fell in love with JC. Luckily we found something we think we can work with and look forward to raising our child here.

Do you plan to home school your children or send your children to private school? If not, how do you feel about sending your kids to one of the worst public school systems in NJ..?

Posted on: 2013/11/17 23:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/16 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
Here's The Atlantic's JC profile. Interesting comments about the dating scene and those moving in with their BF/GF (guilty). The appeal is different vs. Hoboken, but hopefully slightly cheaper rents and a more eclectic vibe will draw even more energetic peeps.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/jobs ... eal-sense-community/7568/

Posted on: 2013/11/17 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Funny article. I wonder what kind of tax abatements they give for luxury condo developments in Omaha...

Posted on: 2013/11/5 23:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/6 15:31
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcdd wrote:
Welcome to JC! I moved here 12 years ago as a 20 something and am still here as a married 30 something mom. This town is strangely compelling, despite what the detractors say. We were briefly contemplating a move to the suburbs when our child was born, but the suburbs just weren't for us. My hubby said he "felt like his life was over" when we were looking at houses in the burbs. lol! JC is a great place to live.

My wife and I just went through the same thing, sorta. We have only lived in JC for going on our second year. When we found out she was pregnant we started looking in the suburbs for a home, we definitely need a bigger place. But we have fell in love with JC. Luckily we found something we think we can work with and look forward to raising our child here.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 17:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks, all... Hamilton Park.

We're Bergen natives and did the post-college Hoboken thing, but feel JC offers more of what we're looking for right now. I'm sure I'll become more active once we get into the swing of things. Seems like there are a lot of new and exciting things happening in town as well as a lot of positivity. Wish us luck!

Posted on: 2013/11/5 2:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/3 1:43
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/11/5 2:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/16 21:02
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome to JC! What area did you move to?

Posted on: 2013/11/5 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Prismatic wrote:
Welcome and I'm always glad to see JC get some recognition.

But not with too much congestion.

Posted on: 2013/11/4 23:33
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome and I'm always glad to see JC get some recognition.

Posted on: 2013/11/4 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 15:19
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Sweet post, welcome to JC!

Posted on: 2013/11/4 19:35

The Best Cities for Millenials
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi All, first post here, as my GF and I are recent additions to JC (formerly in Hoboken). Ironically, while in the midst of a move-in, I came across this article, and figured I'd share.

The Atlantic magazine recently announced Jersey City as one of the top cities for our age group, millenials - a prototype for "the gem next door."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/nation ... lennials-right-now/71218/

Quote:
These more modestly sized, vibrant cities tend to be adjacent to giant ones. They mimic some of the charms of their bigger siblings, but at a dramatically reduced price point. In places like Milwaukee and Jersey City, local governments are more accessible, and the likelihood of being able to buy property or pay rent without scrambling is far higher. In each case, places like Chicago or New York are short drives or train rides away, but Jersey City and Milwaukee are more than mere commuter towns?they have attracted a niche of young people invested in their communities.

Looks like they will be profiling the town more in-depth in the coming days. What do you think? Looking forward to becoming a part of the JC community... thanks!

Posted on: 2013/11/4 19:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017