Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Gov Christie to Teacher: "I Am Tired Of You People!"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
When NJ loses jobs because of the ridiculous constitutional amendment raising the minimum wage-don't blame it on the Governor, he wanted a three year implementation with no lasso to inflation.

Bloomberg
Quote:
The increases in all three indicators lag the national median, in some cases severely. Employment is up just 2.2 percent, the sixth-lowest increase nationwide. Personal income has risen 10.5 percent, which sounds good but ties with Rhode Island for third-smallest gain in the country. Tax revenue is up 7.1 percent -- less than in 44 other states.

Let's see... third slowest gain in income increase... ranked 45th in tax revenue... That's all due to a minimum wage increase that hasn't even happened yet.

Facts don't lie.

I don't think they are all his fault. But it is pretty jarring when criminal like Corzine produces better than you...

Posted on: 2013/11/6 12:29
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
When NJ loses jobs because of the ridiculous constitutional amendment raising the minimum wage-don't blame it on the Governor, he wanted a three year implementation with no lasso to inflation.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Hahaha suggit you Booker voters! Revenge sucks.

I'm confused. What does Booker, who wasn't on the ballot, have to do with this election? Also, who should be sucking what? Is this NJ sucking further down the economic drain?

Exit polls show voters in NJ rightly don't blame Christie for the Obama economy. Exit polls show huge gains by Christie among women (more than half voted for him), African Americans, Latino Americans-plus 30% of Democrats pulled the lever for him.

For all those who may have claimed Obama had a mandate after his second election (even though less people voted for him AND his margin of victory shrank)-I guess you have to say Christie has a much stronger mandate after this election.

I don?t blame Christie for the economy either. I blame him for wasting NJ money. I credit him with being a bigot.

As Bloomberg news, that noted elitist liberal empire, noted: New Jersey has had slower post-recession growth than New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware and just about every other state in the country. But, yeah, that Obama is just sticking it to us.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Either you're truly dumb enough not to get the connection, or your smarmy self just comments to be the hip dissenter.

My vote is c: a blend of both.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

I'm confused. What does Booker, who wasn't on the ballot, have to do with this election? Also, who should be sucking what? Is this NJ sucking further down the economic drain?

I don?t know. Why don?t you explain it? Let?s hear how Christie being governor, winning in less than a landslide which should be an embarrassment, is ?revenge? for Booker winning Senator, only because he was too much of a coward to go up against Christie.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 2:40
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Either you're truly dumb enough not to get the connection, or your smarmy self just comments to be the hip dissenter.

My vote is c: a blend of both.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/6 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Exit polls show voters in NJ rightly don't blame Christie for the Obama economy. Exit polls show huge gains by Christie among women (more than half voted for him), African Americans, Latino Americans-plus 30% of Democrats pulled the lever for him.

For all those who may have claimed Obama had a mandate after his second election (even though less people voted for him AND his margin of victory shrank)-I guess you have to say Christie has a much stronger mandate after this election.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/6 2:02
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/11/6 1:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/15 23:01
Group:
Registered Users
Congratulations, the Bully won , I won't hold my breath waiting for his Property Tax Relief. I wonder if the great economic growth N.J . Has seen over the past 4 years will continue or improve( sarcasm) I already started putting money away in anticipation of the property tax increase for next year ( I know I should be thrilled with his property tax relief, when will the Governors of the other 49 States wake up and follow His lead , oh wait we already have one of the highest property tax rates in the Country ) I wonder where all the Sandy Money to help people went ? Oh that's right the Governor is using it to rebuild the Seaside Boaedwalk again after the fire , to those whose homes still haven t been repaired and those who still are out of their homes, don't worry Christie has only the best interests of the State in mind (sarcasm)

Posted on: 2013/11/6 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Christie called winner one minute after polls close. Can you say landslide?

Posted on: 2013/11/6 1:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Before Monroe responds with, "Special Election was to make sure NJ voters were represented and it wasn't just Christie's pick!"

Special Election October 16, 2013
Date Election would have been held on: November 5, 2013

14 days weekdays

Let's just use the conservative estimate that special election cost 12 million. I don't think approx 850k a day was worth it......

I hate to say it, but a couple of million of dollars is chump change in a state budget-especially a state who subsidizes Jersey City taxpayers by paying almost 75% of its almost 650 million dollar school budget-year after year after year.

So that's your excuse? The state gives children an education so it's ok to just outright waste millions in order for the cowardly governor to not have Booker on the same ballot.

Wow. Just keep root, root rooting for your team! No matter what, you'll excuse it away...

Excuse? Nope, just supporting our Governor who is overwhelmingly admired by NJ voters and will get voted in again with the help of Democrats from all over NJ.

Cool, what's the threshold of wasteful? 12.1 Mill? Send me the money....I will help him waste 12 million.

I like the argument though. Not that 12 mill wasn't a waste but XXX amount is an even bigger waste.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 23:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Before Monroe responds with, "Special Election was to make sure NJ voters were represented and it wasn't just Christie's pick!"

14 days weekdays

Let's just use the conservative estimate that special election cost 12 million. I don't think approx 850k a day was worth it......

I hate to say it, but a couple of million of dollars is chump change in a state budget-especially a state who subsidizes Jersey City taxpayers by paying almost 75% of its almost 650 million dollar school budget-year after year after year.

So that's your excuse? The state gives children an education so it's ok to just outright waste millions in order for the cowardly governor to not have Booker on the same ballot.

Wow. Just keep root, root rooting for your team! No matter what, you'll excuse it away...

Excuse? Nope, just supporting our Governor who is overwhelmingly admired by NJ voters and will get voted in again with the help of Democrats from all over NJ.

Admired? I wonder where the stats are on that.

In the meantime, I'd contend that millions admire Britney Spears. It doesn't mean they're intelligent. In fact, I'd contend that your life must be pretty sad to admire a guy like Christie. I also hold a higher standard for myself than he does for himself.

Lastly, you do know that it is possible to support a guy and think he's the best option while also admitting he has made an absolutely awful decision regarding the election, right? You won't lose your Republican registration if you say, "Yeah, Christie should not have wasted state money." It's allowed to have an independent, free thought.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 23:25
Dos A Cero

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Monroe, so 12 million dollars is chump change in the scope of the State Budget ? That would seem to indicate that the Governor had extra money laying around to frivolously waste on a special election a few weeks before the general election. I could find ways to put that "chump change" to better use, such as putting towards his great property tax relief so maybe the taxes would in fact be lower even if it was by a mere few dollars, at least then He wouldn't be deceiving the voters into thinking He actually is doing something positive for the people. Again He held a Special Election to benefit Himself, lets be honest and see things for what they are, He certainly isn't as Altruistic as He or his sheep would like people to believe. A true Altruistic Leader wouldn't resort to Bullying those who don't share in his opinion.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 23:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

14 days weekdays

Posted on: 2013/11/5 23:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

14 days weekdays

Posted on: 2013/11/5 22:49
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Beat me to it. It's hilarious the media is already tearing down a future 2016 republican candidate for president all the while boosting Hillary. A woman so deserving of scrutiny it's ridiculous.

This is indeed a fcking joke. Bought and sold years ago.

Quote:

ConstantReader wrote:
TIME just published a really interesting excerpt from the new 2012 campaign book DOUBLE DOWN by Mark Helperin and John Heileman, covering Romney's vetting of Christie as a potential running mate.

As TIME puts it: "During the 2012 presidential campaign, Mitt Romney ranked Chris Christie among the final contenders to be his running mate. That is until the Republican nominee started digging into the New Jersey governor?s record."

http://swampland.time.com/2013/11/02/the-hunt-for-pufferfish/

("Pufferfish" was the secret code name assigned to Christie by the Romney vetters. The article doesn't say why.)

Please tell me, how is ?the media? tearing down a future 2016 candidate for president? How is ?the media? puffing up Hillary? I am very curious about this.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Booker was by far the better candidate for senate. Christie is by far the better candidate for governor. Move on guys.

Is Christie?

I'm no fan of Buono, but nothing in her past says that she would be as truly awful for the state's politics as Christie.

Living in a one-party state would be truly awful.

It would not be ideal, but we have a Republican governor and our economic situation is worse than it was under an all donkey setup.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 22:48
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

14 days weekdays

Posted on: 2013/11/5 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

14 days weekdays

Posted on: 2013/11/5 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Beat me to it. It's hilarious the media is already tearing down a future 2016 republican candidate for president all the while boosting Hillary. A woman so deserving of scrutiny it's ridiculous.

Quote:

ConstantReader wrote:
TIME just published a really interesting excerpt from the new 2012 campaign book DOUBLE DOWN by Mark Helperin and John Heileman, covering Romney's vetting of Christie as a potential running mate.

As TIME puts it: "During the 2012 presidential campaign, Mitt Romney ranked Chris Christie among the final contenders to be his running mate. That is until the Republican nominee started digging into the New Jersey governor?s record."

("Pufferfish" was the secret code name assigned to Christie by the Romney vetters. The article doesn't say why.)

After Christie killed the ARC tunnel, he showed himself to not be for NJ. I know Monroe will post back about cost overruns but Christie's figure is hugely inflated

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliv ... 0/trans-hudson_arc_tunnel

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/13/opi ... -tunnel-project.html?_r=0

http://www.streetsblog.org/2012/04/10 ... -lied-to-kill-arc-tunnel/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/10/nyr ... l?_r=1&hp=&pagewanted=all

Mr. Christie estimated that the project could cost more than $14 billion, of which New Jersey would have had to pay 70 percent if you counted federal stimulus dollars and Port Authority money. The report said later federal estimates ranged from $9.8 billion to $12.4 billion and that the state?s real share was 14.4 percent.

Not increasing property values and dooming our infrastructure to not raise the gas tax so he can have a shot at the 2016 election was strike #1 and #2

Strike #3 was scheduling a special election on a Wed, costing taxpayers 24 mill so he can have a landslide victory today - not a victory but a landslide victory.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 21:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Quote:

ConstantReader wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/5 20:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/9 14:35
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/5 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Booker was the tallest midget in the room. Shame on the right for not offering up a real candidate. Maybe that was the plan so that they could put a real candidate up for election in a year.

A boy can dream...

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Booker was by far the better candidate for senate. Christie is by far the better candidate for governor. Move on guys.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Is Christie?

I'm no fan of Buono, but nothing in her past says that she would be as truly awful for the state's politics as Christie.

Living in a one-party state would be truly awful.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Is Christie?

Posted on: 2013/11/5 18:51
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/5 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Governor Tubby? The intolerance of those who demand tolerance amuses and saddens me.

His weight is a choice. He has money. He can hire a personal trainer. Besides, why be tolerant of someone that demonstrates none of it?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
You guys get so hung up on the bully attitude. Let me ask you this, would you rather a guy with a brash attitude tell you how it is, or would you rather the typical shyster (a la Corzine, et al) smiling at you while they stick it in without spitting on it?

Please, get over the attitude crap and focus on substance you fools.

What substance? You mean the fact that he takes Sandy money away from those that need it so that he can splash his fat head all over the TV?

Maybe it is the fact that he gives out no-bid contracts like every other governor?

Christie is no different than Corzine in the shyster mode. The difference is that he?s been economically worse for NJ than Corzine.

If you really believe that Christie is ?telling it like it is? then I?ve a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you?

Posted on: 2013/11/5 18:06
Dos A Cero

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nyrgravy, Get over the attitude and stick to substance? Tell me when should I(We ) expect property tax relief? That is after all substance ,correct? It was his platform when He ran for Governor 4 years ago, and for all the great accomplishments that He has achieved(Sarcasm) I have seen and experienced first hand My proper taxes go up each and evey year and my State Income Tax Returns go down each year that He has been in Office ,Please enlighten Me as to all of His great accomplishments other then to prove that He has the ability to scream and berate His constituents? Now I am pretty sure that Property Taxes are Substance correct? Enlighten Me please!! And please don't tell me about how he corrected the Pensions and Healthcare Reform because in doing that He provided Me the taxpayer no relief at all. Just simply exposed how easy it was for him to violate contracts.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 17:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
It is more than attitude. Successful Federal prosecutors often tend to be be bullies. They usually make bad elected officials.

Until his star turn on 9/11, Rudy Guiliani was a not a great mayor. Likewise, before he got caught with his pants down, Eliot Spitzer was a lousy governor. Christie is a blow-hard and a bully as well. That is not superficial. That is substance. Christie reveals his true perspective in his ugly rants.

Christie also happens to be a political opportunist and a shameless hack.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You guys get so hung up on the bully attitude. Let me ask you this, would you rather a guy with a brash attitude tell you how it is, or would you rather the typical shyster (a la Corzine, et al) smiling at you while they stick it in without spitting on it?

Please, get over the attitude crap and focus on substance you fools.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 16:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Monroe ,You can keep finding excuses for Christie, is it the legislatures fault that Christie acts like a Bully? or is it His Parents fault. The point that I was making is really quite simple, a Constituent simply asked a question and rather then either simply walking away or answering her question in a civilized and respectful way He chose to berate her and scream at her all because She had the audacity to question Him at a Campaign stop that was orchestrated to have all of his supporters there and apparently the one person who dared question him and not offer her support was verbally attacked in Public. if You truly believe that is the way to act when You are supposed to be a Governor of the people of New Jersey then I don't have to look far to see what the problems with this State are. Now as for Property Taxes, when You base Your campaign on property tax relief and You continually state that You have provided relief when in reality every person knows when You state that You are going to provide tax relief that means taxes either stabilize at the very least or go down, it does not mean that your taxes go up every year and your returns go down every year, to think that people would be thrilled that taxes haven't gone up as much allegedly as in previous years is a statement that is rather disingenuous at best, it is akin to going to the doctor for a sore throat on a Monday and getting antibiotics and on Wednesday you no longer have the cold but now you have Pneumonia, Yes the Doctor provided you relief for the cold but now you have a bigger issue , yes He relieved your cold so you should be thrilled with that but caused a bigger issue, I guess the same could be said for Governor Christie (BullY)

Posted on: 2013/11/5 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc344 wrote:
It's not about tolerance, It's about being Professional and having common courtesy, especially since He (Christie) is representing the State and the Taxpayers, You may like the way he carries himself , and You may think people should be thrilled with having their property taxes go up, but I for one do not. I wouldn't speak to anyone the way He speaks to his constituents and as a leader of this State I would expect Him to carry himself as an educated respectful leader not a bully., but again that 's just me,I would also have expected when He promised property tax relief I would have gotten just that. Shame on me for not understanding that He is not a man of his word just another Politician who only looks out for #1.

Nonsense. With a Democratic controlled Legislature there is only so much Christie can do re:taxes, with the exception of slowing the rate of increase-which he's done superbly. And done it in a bi-partisan manner. Ask why Sweeney and his Legislature refuse to pursue reforms in the area of sick and vacation payouts to retiring public sector employees-how much is that costing JC this year? And that's somehow Christie's fault? Er, no, it's the residue of decades of Democrats giving away the Statehouse to the special interests.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 15:59

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017