Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Councilman Rich Boggiano endorses Steve Lonegan for U.S. Senate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
not really sure where the hatred for booker comes from. are you related to pallone/holt/oliver? are you one of the folks way down the left wing who thinks that booker is really a republican in disguise?

you've got a centrist, populist mayor of the largest town in the state and you're surprised he beat out a pair of representatives from central jersey and an assemblyman from the burbs of said town?

i mean sure the guy is a milquetoast to big money backers, but it isn't as if he hasn't actually done quite a few decent things for an otherwise crappy city.

Posted on: 2013/10/17 13:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
First off, boss, I'm no republican, so we can just quit with the assumptions. And no, this is no fault of the republicans. A sh*t candidate on the right? Absolutely. I blame democrat voters who had a chance to send a real candidate up in the PRIMARY election, you tool.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Yes I know this, I did what was called "sarcasm", as in a joke.

Some of you guys on here have no sense of humor. Lighten the F up already.

Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
Parkhurst is hardly racist and the phrase has nothing to do with black people having a purported predilection for chicken http://www.urbandictionary.com/define ... ner+Winner+Chicken+Dinner

If you really are so angry and disillusioned from this election, you should be talking to your fellow republican voters, because they are the idiots who picked Lonegan to represent the party in the primary.

Nationwide, I think we've all seen the damage that the Tea Party can inflict on the country.

So while I agree that there are stupid voters on both sides, right now the Tea Party extreme conservatives are fucking it up big time for the republican party, and by extension the country.

Posted on: 2013/10/17 12:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Now that Booker won (which was going to happen anyway) will these Repubs finally stop using Palin? A few years ago, when the Tea Party was more popular this camera hungry, self absorbed loon may have carried some weight. Now, most sane citizens see her as a total joke.....even a great many moderate Repubs and Libertarians.

Posted on: 2013/10/17 10:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
Parkhurst is hardly racist and the phrase has nothing to do with black people having a purported predilection for chicken http://www.urbandictionary.com/define ... ner+Winner+Chicken+Dinner

If you really are so angry and disillusioned from this election, you should be talking to your fellow republican voters, because they are the idiots who picked Lonegan to represent the party in the primary.

Nationwide, I think we've all seen the damage that the Tea Party can inflict on the country.

So while I agree that there are stupid voters on both sides, right now the Tea Party extreme conservatives are fucking it up big time for the republican party, and by extension the country.

Posted on: 2013/10/17 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Quote:

VanVorster wrote:

Posted on: 2013/10/17 3:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/10/17 3:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Booker is a vegan.

Posted on: 2013/10/17 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I can't tell if that was a racist jab or not but it was funny

Congrats to the mentally deficient in this state for keeping NJ at the bottom of the barrel! Booker 2020, to really drive this country into the shitter!

F*cking fools, the lot of ya.

Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
AP calls it for Booker. Winner Winner chicken dinner.....

Posted on: 2013/10/17 2:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
AP calls it for Booker. Winner Winner chicken dinner.....

Posted on: 2013/10/17 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/10/17 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resolution # 13.533, you can ask Mr. Byrne for a copy of this resolution.

Posted on: 2013/10/17 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Marie was appointed to the MUA board in August.
ok, thanks ...

Posted on: 2013/10/17 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Marie was appointed to the MUA board in August.

Posted on: 2013/10/16 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I saw it on the agenda after July 1st, check resolutions, I don't have the time to check. It is also recorded in a section called Communications. But that may not appear here.
http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/agenda.aspx?id=1268

Posted on: 2013/10/16 22:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The author of this letter, a tea party member, was appointed by Mayor Fulop to a Jersey City board. http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... ion_shape_merger_ask.html
out of curiosity: which board was MARIE TAURO appointed to and when?

Posted on: 2013/10/16 22:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The author of this letter, a tea party member, was appointed by Mayor Fulop to a Jersey City board. http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... ion_shape_merger_ask.html

Posted on: 2013/10/16 20:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Only now we'll get to hear more about that wall-eyed prick now that he's going to be Senator. If thought his exposure was overdone when he was(n't) mayor of Newark, whoa boy... NJ just doesn't deserve better leadership. We truly are the armpit of America.

Posted on: 2013/10/16 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
What's even better is how all of you miss the overriding takeaway from elections in NJ. Lonegan is a joke, Booker is a joke, and we all lose. But, it's the best we can offer up, and that's sad.

Politicians are a reflection of the people, and if Booker, Christie, Lonegan, Menendez, etc., are the best we can do, it doesn't say much about the population.

Posted on: 2013/10/16 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
If one portrays oneself as a pragmatist who cares about the well being of life in Jersey City, I cannot see how one would vote for Lonegan for Senate.

If someone has ideological proclivities towards the Tea Party, then I can understand voting for him. Some people may be so driven on conservative principals that it trumps the fact that his policies, and the policies of the Republicans in the Senate, would be bad for the city.

But otherwise, such a vote is baffling.

Posted on: 2013/10/16 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
So facts do not matter as long as "vindication" can vent rage. And I will say it again, I have never attended a tea party event, but our current mayor did appoint a tea party member to the board. By the way, I do not approve of the tea party holding Washington hostage but that would not fit into your diatribe of dinosaurs and the earth being flat.

what "board" was a Tea Party member appointed to? A temporary advisory board that was explicitly filled with people from various backgrounds? Or a permanent, decision-making board? Come on, I know you are "all about facts" right? Why can't you just admit you are a socially conservative right winger? We know your boy Fletch is a Newt Gingrich guy, there's nothing to be ashamed about it.

Posted on: 2013/10/16 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I voted for Lonegan because he took follow Republican, Governor Christine Todd Whitman to court over bonding. Let me give you some details. State law requires NJ voters to approve any bonding on a ballot. Whitman created an authority and transferred to bonds to them. Naturally, that was done to avoid having the bonds on the ballot. Lonegan lost the lawsuit, but that is not surprising, judges are appointed by governors. This same tactic as been used by McGreevey. There is too much gridlock in Washington, I admire someone who will cross party lines on important issues. I would have voted for Booker if he was against someone else, but Lonegan deserves my vote for taking a Republican to court.

HAHAHAHA, yes, I'm sure you voted for him because of a bonding issue some 15 years ago, nothing to do with his stances on the issues he actually will be voting on in the Senate.

Posted on: 2013/10/16 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I actually follow state government, I remember when Whitman pulled the trick of bonding without taxpayers' approval. No one said anything except Lonegan. He took action, I do not agree with everything he says like I do not agree with everything Fulop does. At the last council meeting, the Fulop Administration served the public well by adding more taxi medallions but at the same meeting, it served the public poorly by giving the contract to the council after the event. Read the information here: www.jerseycitypac.org/

Posted on: 2013/10/16 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
So facts do not matter as long as "vindication" can vent rage. And I will say it again, I have never attended a tea party event, but our current mayor did appoint a tea party member to the board. By the way, I do not approve of the tea party holding Washington hostage but that would not fit into your diatribe of dinosaurs and the earth being flat.

facts do matter. since you voted for him, do you agree with what he said, "I do believe in liberty and the right for adults to live the way they choose ... it's about the children. How healthy will that be in the long run for those children? I will admit I have mixed feelings about that."

If so, do you think all the scientific research in this area is false? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_parenting

Posted on: 2013/10/16 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/10/16 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I voted for Lonegan because he took follow Republican, Governor Christine Todd Whitman to court over bonding. Let me give you some details. State law requires NJ voters to approve any bonding on a ballot. Whitman created an authority and transferred to bonds to them. Naturally, that was done to avoid having the bonds on the ballot. Lonegan lost the lawsuit, but that is not surprising, judges are appointed by governors. This same tactic as been used by McGreevey. There is too much gridlock in Washington, I admire someone who will cross party lines on important issues. I would have voted for Booker if he was against someone else, but Lonegan deserves my vote for taking a Republican to court.

Definitely not surprising. If anyone would have voted for a homophobic person who worries about homosexual couples raising children- it would be you. Lonegan should have just run on the platform that the Earth is flat and that dinosaurs lived at the same time as humans.

And voting for Lonegan to avoid gridlock rofl. That is too funny.

Also doesn't do much for your "tea party" perception yvonne

Posted on: 2013/10/16 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/10/16 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

john1952 wrote:
Who care? Who cares who Councilman Boggiano endorses or Mayor Fulop endorses. What does that have to do with Jersey City. We did not vote for either of them because they were partisan. Its what they said they would do for us.

It's fascinating and noteworthy because it shows how completely clueless and out of touch Rich Boggiano is with reality. I'm sure if your obsession Mayor Fulop said the same thing you'd be all over him for it. I'm not a Booker supporter but Lonegan is just insane, almost as insane as Boggiano's reason for endorsing him.

Posted on: 2013/10/16 14:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/19 22:32
Group:
Banned
Who care? Who cares who Councilman Boggiano endorses or Mayor Fulop endorses. What does that have to do with Jersey City. We did not vote for either of them because they were partisan. Its what they said they would do for us.

Posted on: 2013/10/16 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
No I'm pretty consistent man. Voters in NJ had a chance to vote in better candidates during the primary and failed miserably.

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
What does it matter? Bookers position has been preordained because the electorate is too goddamn stupid to know otherwise. God help this country for it knows not what it does.

You're all just sheep following the flashing light. God help you all.

You don't seem to have much consistency in your posts. On one thread you are saying that you don't endorse Lonegan in any form. But on others you are saying that the electorate is too stupid to know that Booker really isn't the second coming.

How about Booker is not good but Lonegan is epically awful, so many informed voters have no real choice? I don't understand how the republicans can't seem to put out a decent candidate, but this seems to be a recurring trend.

Posted on: 2013/10/16 4:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
The angry scared white guy thing seems to be in vogue lately. It's as if Morton Downey Jr. has come back from the dead. (He is dead, right?)

Posted on: 2013/10/16 4:21

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017