Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 38

MikeyTBC, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: 400 Unit Development in Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
A pedestrian overpass over Marin is the most immediate need on your list. A pedestrian overpass is necessary now (in my mind) in order to speed up things for both cars and pedestrians. Having a large residential building smack dab on Marin between 8th and 9th street makes the pedestrian bridge even more necessary.

+1. This is a good idea. This development is still in the early deliberative phases, nowhere near groundbreaking, so now's the time to start communicating the neighborhood's desires to Councilwoman Osborne, in person or through an association.

Posted on: 2013/10/4 9:02
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
A pedestrian overpass over Marin is the most immediate need on your list. A pedestrian overpass is necessary now (in my mind) in order to speed up things for both cars and pedestrians. Having a large residential building smack dab on Marin between 8th and 9th street makes the pedestrian bridge even more necessary.

Posted on: 2013/10/4 8:36
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
JC is one of the densest cities in the country so if space and room to breathe are priorities you should probably be looking elsewhere.

So what should the residents be asking for with this development?

- A pedestrian overpass of Marin?
- A park/plaza (donations to start on the Embankment?)
- No way in hell should they get a tax abatement

I'm sure there are some other, better ideas. I'm not worried about parking, it's coming with a deck and the city is already denying permits for people who live in a building with parking.

I know water/transportation, but there's really not a lot a single developer can do there. Maybe the city should start a dedicated fund for improvements paid for by new developments.

Posted on: 2013/10/4 7:51
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
This is the biggest reason to leave DTJC, as I did last year after 18 years there. Sad to leave, but I want space and room to breathe. The over-crowding/overbuilding started to get really bad about 5 years ago or so, IMHO. And there are other really great places to live in JC, trust me.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 18:58
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Banned
HOB = Quality
JC = Quantity

Posted on: 2013/10/3 18:31
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mfadam wrote:

PATH needs to address overcrowding on trains.

We aren't anywhere near overcrowding on trains. We need to start being more strategic in getting people on board. ie. japan.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/10/3 16:25
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mfadam wrote:
Increased density is a good thing for DTJC IF the city can get developers to help pay for sewer upgrades, off street parking options, road improvements, etc.

Development without changing JC's infrastructure will lower quality of life...

If the infrustructure cannot be changed then you have reached your limit. The PATH tunnels cannot not be made wider so the width of the train must remain the same, and the speed is at it's safest point for rush hour which regualtes the frequency of the trains.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 12:39
Get on your bikes and ride !
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Build, build and build some more!! I just want well built aesthetically pleasing buildings. The restaurants, schools, etc.. will only get better with the professionals that will move in.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 12:24
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Increased density is a good thing for DTJC IF the city can get developers to help pay for sewer upgrades, off street parking options, road improvements, etc.

Development without changing JC's infrastructure will lower quality of life...

Posted on: 2013/10/3 12:15
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe we're being overwhelmed, but projects like these are part of the reason Hamilton Park was cleaned up, they are why we now have new and better dining options, why there are a ton of new business catering to children and families, why we have farmer's markets at the Grove St plaza (or even have a Grove St plaza).

I'm all for getting all the green space and community benefits we can from developers, but I'm not opposed to adding density downtown. The increased density has brought huge benefits to the community that, IMO, outweigh the downside by a lot.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 12:07
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
maybe it is time for all downtown to band together to put a stop to development that increases more density without planned infrastructure, transportation, parking, parks and green spaces, etc.

We are being overwhelmed from one end of our Historic Districts to the other.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 11:00
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
The complex will be on the 9th street park on Marin and the parking lots on the 9th street side. The footprint looks like an "L"
There will be a small park between Unico and the new building. There will be 2 stories of parking lots and 12 stories of residential buildings.
After my original post, I was able to run over and see the plan briefly. The developer already bought the land. And what I've heard, it's a done deal since that block is already zoned.
The whole thing is pretty sad considering all the other impending development in the area. It will deplete the already strained community resources and add more congestion. Also, I found the whole project very uninspired.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 10:42
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Can't see them doing this project any other way than knocking down Unico tower. Word is they are planning not only the 400 unit residential tower but a hotel as well.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 7:02
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone see the plans? KRE is also involved in 18Park in Liberty Harbor, which has about the same number of units (422) but is a full-block project. Where would this development go? Are they proposing knocking down the Unico tower or using the land in the 9th Street park???

Posted on: 2013/10/3 2:40
Print Top

400 Unit Development in Hamilton Park
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Tonight's Hamilton Park Neighborhood Association Meeting:
7:45 – 8:45 – Guest Speaker Jeffrey Persky of KRE(Kushner Real Estate Group)
Topic: Proposed 400 unit development at Marin between 8th/9th Streets east of Unico Towers

Unfortunately I could not attend the meeting so I have not seen the plans. I'm not sure I really want to see the plans considering the eyesore of Grove Pointe (KRE's other development). KRE also developed 225 Grand Street. Nevertheless, I realize I need to see what is going on there.

I'm scared of the consequences of this development. Does anyone have any other information about the plan? Thanks

Posted on: 2013/10/2 20:50
Print Top

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017