Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Left Bank Burger Bar
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
We both had our burgers medium rare and they came out as ordered. Perhaps they are reading the reviews and making the proper adjustments? Either way were definitely going to White Star at Harbor to try them too!

Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
We ate there tonight. Had the 14b and a regular cheeseburger with Gruyere. Everything was awesome. Our server was polite and very prompt. We will be stopping there again when we're in the mood for burgers.

Some of the Yelp reviews are ridiculous. If you want a Park Tavern burger, go to Park Tavern.

What? You had nothing to complain about? How about the smell? the way they greeted you? Maybe it was the silverware or the hovering waiter or the music or the lighting? I'm sure they didn't get your "rare-plus" request right. The seasoning couldn't have been perfect. Surely you could find something to complain about. Please revise and complain so that we know this is a real review and that your opinion really matters...your community depends on it.

Posted on: 2013/11/16 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
As a Greek, I was always ashamed of the way IGTM represented our home cuisine. Left Bank is decent, and the few weaknesses can be fixed pretty easily. It's nice to have another option for casual dining.

That said, the burger at the new Park & 6th is better, though more expensive, and I still prefer White Star's food and atmosphere.

But more decent options is a good thing.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
Went last Monday night and had the Mac Daddy burger with fried mac n cheese and bacon. Really enjoyed it. The fried pickles were also crisp, hot, and tasty.

Good beer selection, nice crowd, wait staff was pleasant. The place is warm and inviting despite the big windows and chilly nights out now.

I like the place for a casual night out with friends, and I'm not alone. The place was packed.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
We ate there tonight. Had the 14b and a regular cheeseburger with Gruyere. Everything was awesome. Our server was polite and very prompt. We will be stopping there again when we're in the mood for burgers.

Some of the Yelp reviews are ridiculous. If you want a Park Tavern burger, go to Park Tavern.

What? You had nothing to complain about? How about the smell? the way they greeted you? Maybe it was the silverware or the hovering waiter or the music or the lighting? I'm sure they didn't get your "rare-plus" request right. The seasoning couldn't have been perfect. Surely you could find something to complain about. Please revise and complain so that we know this is a real review and that your opinion really matters...your community depends on it.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Free reviews by consumers for most goods and services are worth about as much as they cost.

Just making sure you are aware that also includes here as well. And pretty much every review of anything ever unless you're talking consumer reports.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
I went here again Sunday night with some friends from Brooklyn after going to Barcade and it was super yummy. Service was good, the waitress recognized my husband and I, and The mac and cheese balls are amazing!

It was nice that the food being good was not a one time thing.

It's nice to see more places like this popping up.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
Some of the Yelp reviews are ridiculous.

Yelp is kind of ridiculous. Free reviews by consumers for most goods and services are worth about as much as they cost. Taste is obviously subjective, so unless we can establish some relevance to our own expectations, random opinions are not particularly helpful, if not entirely misleading. Our families, friends, and the work of established food and restaurant critics?at least we know where they?re coming from.

One Yelp review that stuck with me for a long time came from a young woman who criticized the authenticity of a French restaurant because they served fries along with her steak. She thought it was cheap and tacky on their part to serve ?French? fries in a French restaurant. I give Yelp points for entertainment value and general information about the restaurant, but not much more.

Yelp is almost as entertaining as JClist.

How about this gem from a 30 Acres review a few months after they opened:
"If they get a wine bar and went tapas it would maybe
work better. Outdoor seating would be cute too."

Clearly, they should have gone tapas...how's that working out for Porto lounge?

And I'll never forget the guy that was pissed at them becuase he ordered "sweet breads" and they weren't actually sweet BREAD. Too bad that review got removed.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
Some of the Yelp reviews are ridiculous.

Yelp is kind of ridiculous. Free reviews by consumers for most goods and services are worth about as much as they cost. Taste is obviously subjective, so unless we can establish some relevance to our own expectations, random opinions are not particularly helpful, if not entirely misleading. Our families, friends, and the work of established food and restaurant critics?at least we know where they?re coming from.

One Yelp review that stuck with me for a long time came from a young woman who criticized the authenticity of a French restaurant because they served fries along with her steak. She thought it was cheap and tacky on their part to serve ?French? fries in a French restaurant. I give Yelp points for entertainment value and general information about the restaurant, but not much more.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/15 5:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/11 21:03
From 2nd St.
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed. I wanted to like this place so bad. Would one of the folks who actually likes the place please tip them off to this thread?

Quote:

maybeMoving wrote:
I'll be interested to see how crowded this place remains after the newness factor wears off. So far everyone I know who tried it agreed it was just missing a little something. The seasoning, or the aging of the beef, or the toasting of the bun.

Their problems are SO easily fixable and I'd be a regular with just a few very simple corrections. I hope they succeed and I hope someone over there checks JC List.

I'll be back in another month or so in hopes they've figured that they need to season their food.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Let's be realistic here. You're not going to get dry aged beef at this price point and I doubt they have the space or desire to do it themselves.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/24 20:34
Group:
Registered Users
I'll be interested to see how crowded this place remains after the newness factor wears off. So far everyone I know who tried it agreed it was just missing a little something. The seasoning, or the aging of the beef, or the toasting of the bun.

Their problems are SO easily fixable and I'd be a regular with just a few very simple corrections. I hope they succeed and I hope someone over there checks JC List.

I'll be back in another month or so in hopes they've figured that they need to season their food.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 17:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/11 21:03
From 2nd St.
Group:
Registered Users
Some people are just easier to please. They should consider themselves lucky.

And there's enough of them to keep LBBB in business.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 17:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Compared to IGTM, it's a step in the right direction and THAT is good for JC.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I'm just happy this place was able to open so quickly, without the typical Jersey City bullshit delays. that it attracts a decent crowd every night is another plus. here's hoping it'll help push some commerce further up Newark Ave.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 17:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/8 23:34
From The Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I haven't been at Left Bank Burger Bar yet although I walk by this place every single day (not really a burger fan myself)... but all I can say is that, regardless of the quality of their food, how it compares with other burger places, how the decor looks, how it smells, etc, etc... this place always has a very good crowd, at least in the evenings. The former It's Greek To Me could have only dreamed of having such crowds on such a regular basis!

So burgers are definitely popular and looks like this place will always attract customers... and it also gives me the impression that many of them may not even read JCList postings!

Posted on: 2013/11/14 17:11

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 23:53
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I very much enjoyed my Batholdi burger yesterday(Not greasy) and my wedge of iceberg lettuce. Will be back.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/14 15:34
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
If you are going to be a place that specializes in one thing, I would think you would want to be the best in your neighborhood. Sadly I don't think their burger is the best on the street.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
What's interesting is that the reviews here on JClist (overwhelmingly negative) contradict massively with the reviews on Yelp (mostly positive...4 stars, which is no easy feat on Yelp).

I had the burger with the French Onion Soup Confit, and it wasn't bland, but that might have been because of the confit, which was pleasantly salty. I thought overall the burger was pretty decent. The fries were good as well.

My only real complaint actually was the decor. It just wasn't my cup of tea really, I thought it had kind of a sterile/cheap/fast food feel to it. Part of that might be because of the bones of the building (kind of modern looking, large foyer area that you enter into) ... like it almost felt like a Burger King could be in that space.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
So I can have a beer with it, maybe?

Quote:

JoeGee wrote:
I really do not think their burgers are any better than 5 guys. That being said, besides the ambiance, why wouldn't someone just walk a few more blocks to eat the same burger for half the price?

Posted on: 2013/11/14 15:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/6 15:31
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JoeGee wrote:
I really do not think their burgers are any better than 5 guys. That being said, besides the ambiance, why wouldn't someone just walk a few more blocks to eat the same burger for half the price?

Five Guys does a much better burger than LB, IMO.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/14 14:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You're right. I will not cross your superior meme-ing skills ever again. Forgive me sir.

Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
lol you are so mad right now.

Resized Image

Why would you ever go out and spend money at place A when place B offers the same food done better at the same price (cheaper in some cases) and is 2 blocks away?

That is simply retarded. But I think we've established that already

Posted on: 2013/11/14 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
lol you are so mad right now.

Resized Image

Why would you ever go out and spend money at place A when place B offers the same food done better at the same price (cheaper in some cases) and is 2 blocks away?

That is simply retarded. But I think we've established that already

Posted on: 2013/11/14 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You know what? You're right.

Henceforth, Corybraiterman's opinion will be the only valid one on JC List. All eateries in JC must get prior approval from Corybraiterman before opening an establishment because unless you meet this d*ckwads standards, you're mediocre and will be told such. We will not accept average here in JC, no, no, no!

But again, your post proves my point...you're of the opinion that unless a particular establishment is "spectacular", it's mediocre. It's a viewpoint of such extremes it's embarrassing.

So, ease up boss; I don't eat fast food. Haven't eaten fast food in 15 years or so. It's not real food. Conversely, I've eaten at Michelin star restaurants. Hell, I've eaten at restaurants to which you probably couldn't get an RSVP if you tried; what's your point? What's so wrong with eating at a place that's just average, or just good on a random Tuesday? Not everyone can eat high end every night like you, fool. Must be nice.

eatabagofdicks.jpg

Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
The thing you're missing in all of your derp is highlighted by one simple word you used. "ridiculous".

youkeepusingthatword.jpg

These are fairly normal, easy to meet standards. Season foods appropriately. Do not overcook food. Why should I care that they're "busting their asses" when the end product is simply missing the basic stuff? How do you even know they're busting their asses or just strolling around the block?

Get over your self-inflated opinions and realize that just because you like mediocre doesn't mean the rest of us have to. I will certainly shit on a place if they can't do simple things properly.

Notice how I'm praising multiple other places (LP, P&S, WS, etc.) on nearly every post? That's because they do those things, and usually nail the other things that make something truly spectacular.

You're welcome to enjoy middling. McDonalds is incredibly successful and they're not even that. Hell, the people who developed all the stuff they sell probably legitimately busted ass to maximize an amazing cost/profit ratio and put out food that billions of people have eaten over the years. You still won't see me at a mcd's more than once a year or so out of sad desperation due to the hour.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 13:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The thing you're missing in all of your derp is highlighted by one simple word you used. "ridiculous".

youkeepusingthatword.jpg

These are fairly normal, easy to meet standards. Season foods appropriately. Do not overcook food. Why should I care that they're "busting their asses" when the end product is simply missing the basic stuff? How do you even know they're busting their asses or just strolling around the block?

Get over your self-inflated opinions and realize that just because you like mediocre doesn't mean the rest of us have to. I will certainly shit on a place if they can't do simple things properly.

Notice how I'm praising multiple other places (LP, P&S, WS, etc.) on nearly every post? That's because they do those things, and usually nail the other things that make something truly spectacular.

You're welcome to enjoy middling. McDonalds is incredibly successful and they're not even that. Hell, the people who developed all the stuff they sell probably legitimately busted ass to maximize an amazing cost/profit ratio and put out food that billions of people have eaten over the years. You still won't see me at a mcd's more than once a year or so out of sad desperation due to the hour.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Hey I never said left bank is best ever. Its ok, not great, but good. But most of you clowns on here are of the opinion that your favorite spots are the best and everything else is utter crap.

Get over your self-inflated opinions and realize that just because you have your favorites, some people might like other spots. You can disagree but don't shit on a place because it doesn't meet your ridiculous standards. These business bust their asses to make this place better. What exactly do most of you contribute?

Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
But, brightgrl, unless its a 3 Michelin star, yelp 5 star, zagat recommended, truffle infused, manhattan burger, it will never succeed in JC (according to JClisters)!

or, ya know. walk two blocks to lamp post or park&6th to get a better one. i hear those places have 3 michelin stars, right?

but by all means, continue to be a derp and poopoo the long list of people who don't really care for the place because you are one of those sucky people on jclist who like to settle for mediocrity.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
But, brightgrl, unless its a 3 Michelin star, yelp 5 star, zagat recommended, truffle infused, manhattan burger, it will never succeed in JC (according to JClisters)!

or, ya know. walk two blocks to lamp post or park&6th to get a better one. i hear those places have 3 michelin stars, right?

but by all means, continue to be a derp and poopoo the long list of people who don't really care for the place because you are one of those sucky people on jclist who like to settle for mediocrity.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 1:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/6 15:31
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Had the veggie burger there tonight (only because I had a burger for lunch) and overall it was pretty meh. The Veggie burger itself was delicious but the bun was dry. Also had the fried pickles, they were okay but not great. My wife had a house blend burger and I had a bite, very well done for a medium and it was lacking something. Oh and the side of fries, seriously small, albeit tasty.

Service was lacking waitress only came back after we were finished. The bus boy also was overzealous, hovering until your basket or plate was empty and swooping in to remove it.

Not sure its worth a trip back with better burger options in JC.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

:)

Quote:

BrightGirl wrote:
I ate here over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. My burger was nice and juicy. No odd smell. Decent service. I'll go again.

It is a million times better than It's Greek to Me!

Posted on: 2013/11/13 23:05

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017