Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Otaiko Hibachi & Sushi (new)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Nice to see someone tried it and now they have liquor. I thought Ten East was going to be a big hit but I think someone said it was too expensive I guess that is why they are gone. Funny one of its big claims to fame was that Regis Philbin ate there a few times back in 2008.

Yes like Asif mentioned it is right off of the 34th street light rail stop. If you go just be careful crossing rt 440!!

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/LightRail/sf_lr_hblr_map.pdf

If you didn?t know South Cove Plaza has some decent stores. Stop & Shop, a liquor store, Staples, Super Cuts, TJ Maxx, Subway, Hallmark, Massage Place (used to be a tanning place)Dunkin Donuts, , Blood Lab, Wendy?s, Game Stop, a couple of phone stores, Frank?s Theater, and a Houlihan?s.

There is also an excellent water front walkway the entrance is sort of next to Otaiko. It takes you over cool bridges along the "fancy" Bayonne Golf Club golf course. Interesting we have two great courses in Hudson County and the average HC resident can't play on them.$$$$

You can even get off at the next stop (or maybe walk from South Cove) for the Bayonne Crossing Shopping Center.

Lowes, Walmart, 5 Guys, Muscle Maker, Michaels, Wonder Bagel, Texas Long Horn, Panda Express, Dollar Store, NYSC, Qdoba Mexican Grill, and Pet Value.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 23:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

Markcore you can take the Light Rail to 34th street and then walk to the overpass and then cross the road....and you are there. Pretty easy to get there.

I don't have a car either.......sigh....never let family borrow vehicle....ever!

Posted on: 2013/9/7 22:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/11 13:34
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
It's worth the trip if you have a car.

It's strange. I haven't owned a car since ~2007 (no need), so when I see advertisements for places that require cars to get to I find it hard to comprehend.

I miss driving, to restaurants in Bayonne or otherwise.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 22:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
We've eaten there several times now, sitting at the Sushi Bar. Prices are fairly reasonable, and the sushi is pretty good. They just got their liquor license, so their bar is open. Parking is really easy. It's worth the trip if you have a car.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 21:24

Otaiko Hibachi & Sushi (new)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I don?t think anyone posted this yet. I recall a few people asking about area Japanese/Sushi restaurants. It is not in Jersey City but close.

A new place opened up in June in the old Ten East space in the Bayonne South Cove Plaza by Stop & Shop.

Otaiko Hibachi & Sushi

http://otaikohibachisushi.com/

FYI

Posted on: 2013/9/7 16:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact