Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Need advice - car blocking my driveway for 2 days
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/4 17:41
From Lincoln Park/McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
PS - to confirm what Christine said, just for future reference, they will NOT tow to let you into your driveway, only to let you out.

The More You Know. . .

Posted on: 2013/9/7 22:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks so much everyone - I called the cops and they came within 10 mins; before I even said anything one officer said "you need to get out to get to work, right? in like 10 minutes?"

Two truck was here in 40 mins and now the car is gone.

Thanks again to all; now I know what to do if it happens again!

Posted on: 2013/9/7 21:45

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 20:03
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry - was traveling today. I've told them a car is blocking my spot and I have to get to work. They've never told me what they did you and have always been responsive. I'm in the Heights tho, different precinct (not that it should matter). Let them also know that the car has multiple tickets - keyword "Abandoned or Stolen" that will do it!

Posted on: 2013/9/7 20:57
...Sometimes I Bleed

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
You don't sound dumb and you have every right to "freak out"...essentially, you are trapped and it's wrong!! I believe that if your car is in the driveway, the other car will be towed (not sure if they would tow to let you INTO the driveway, but to let you out, certainly).

Do yourself a favor and get this car out of your driveway now versus (God forbid) during an emergency.

For all you know, it could be a stolen car that is not going to be retrieved at any point by anyone.

Best of luck.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 20:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/12 3:28
Group:
Registered Users
That SUCks! Some folks just dont care...It should have been towed after the first ticket. Call the Police and JCPA. I believe it should not matter its on the street if its blocking the flow of your driveway. Call a local towing company. They should know also.... Final step( if necessary) Get a car jack, lift the car and push it wherever you like.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 11:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks BatGod.

I did call the cops first, but when I said the car was in the street (vs. on my actual property) they told me I had to call JCPA instead. What do I need to tell them to get them to come tow it? Should I say it's on my property?

Posted on: 2013/9/7 10:44

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 20:03
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I've always waited with the JCPD together for the tow. Usually takes about an hour. In the 16 years I've owned, I think they've towed 3 that we couldn't locate the owners. I always tell them I have to get to work and ask when the tow truck can be there and never had a problem with it. Call the cops, not the parking authority.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 10:29
...Sometimes I Bleed

Need advice - car blocking my driveway for 2 days
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There is a car with Oregon plates parked on my street that is totally blocking my driveway, and I can't get out.

I noticed it Friday morning (fortunately I don't drive to work), but neighbors said it was there Thursday night. It was still there Friday evening when I got home, so I called the Parking Authority and they came out and issued 2 tickets. No result this morning - car is still there.

Does anyone know at what point JCPA can tow the car? I didn't think to ask the man who came to issue the ticket. Do I have to just keep calling to report it? Would a call to the Mayor's Action Bureau do any good?

I know it sounds dumb but I'm kind of freaking out; I feel trapped! I was supposed to take my car in for service today, and then drive to South Jersey to visit my dad who is very ill, and I can't get out!

Any advice? I'm about ready to hire a monster truck to come and shove this Oregon jackass out of the way! (anyone know where I can hire a monster truck? :-/ )

Posted on: 2013/9/7 9:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017