Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Sundance Recording Studios in GV, Jersey City offers musicians a room of their own
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
Was trombone referring to the double bass as real?

Posted on: 2013/8/23 22:16

Re: Sundance Recording Studios in GV, Jersey City offers musicians a room of their own
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Real bassist. I play slap, funk, rock you name it. Got solid gear and can harmonize vocals really well. Whatcha got?

Quote:

trambone wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Thanks. Side note...anyone looking for a bassist?

A real bassist or a bass guitarist?

Posted on: 2013/8/23 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

A real bassist or a bass guitarist?

Posted on: 2013/8/23 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Last time I was there they had a jam session, if you just want to play... I would just stop by and offer to jam.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/8/23 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:
Are they only monthly rentals or hourly too?

Here's their web site I didn't see it in the JJ piece...

http://sundancemusicstudios.com/

Posted on: 2013/8/23 19:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Are they only monthly rentals or hourly too?

Posted on: 2013/8/23 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Oh man, this brings back memories. All the bands I hung out with in high school would practice and record here. Glad to see the place is still going! That area is actually a lot less desolate than it used to be, now that NJCU bought many of those buildings.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
No, I get it. Very familiar with Heino. Was purely commenting on the visual.

Either way, lighten up bud. Studio looks awesome. Might even use it!

Quote:

getz011 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
It's a joke. God, lighten up.

I can tell by your avatar a sense of humor is not your strong point...

Oh. You must not get out much.

http://www.hipwax.com/music/oddpop/vocal_h.html

Jello Biafra used to say that Heino, in bleached-blonde hair and sunglasses, was the original punk rocker. The liners to some Heino albums, however, reassure fans that the deep baritone has resisted commercial pressure to sing hard rock. What is punk about Heino, besides Dead Kennedys' courageous act of spinning his LPs before their concerts, is that he existed in post-War Germany at all. His popularity and number of albums is staggering. Hausfrau as far removed even as San Francisco, for instance, reportedly have treated Heino like Tom Jones in his heyday.

Rigidly stiff in his natty, mod threads (turtlenecks and blazers), Heino comes across as a poster boy for Germany at its creepiest. Beneath the sinister shades his eyes stare ahead two different ways, and no amount of heartfelt sincerity can make him sound anything like a typical [non-German] folksinger. Though accused of appealing to war criminals in an abundance of South American songs, Heino probably is not the decadent monster one might believe him to be. Still, he is exceedingly creepy, and therein lies the appeal.

Heino's full act can be appreciated in old television clips (Canadian TV is a North American source). Also appearing on many of his records and in some clips are the Botho Lucas Choir. One clip from a WFMU compilation shows them to be equally astounding. And you can bet that Heino has his share of imitators, including film star "Freddy," who on at least one LP replicates the Heino-as-cowboy.

Buying: When not marching in step to the music of his forebears, Heino is a one-man international tour. Names of countries provide a tip-off to his juiciest stuff. Hit themes include cowboys, Mexico, sailors, Hawaii, the Orient, and drinking (usually whiskey). There may be just one wacky track per album, but that is plenty

Posted on: 2013/8/23 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Oh. You must not get out much.

http://www.hipwax.com/music/oddpop/vocal_h.html

Jello Biafra used to say that Heino, in bleached-blonde hair and sunglasses, was the original punk rocker. The liners to some Heino albums, however, reassure fans that the deep baritone has resisted commercial pressure to sing hard rock. What is punk about Heino, besides Dead Kennedys' courageous act of spinning his LPs before their concerts, is that he existed in post-War Germany at all. His popularity and number of albums is staggering. Hausfrau as far removed even as San Francisco, for instance, reportedly have treated Heino like Tom Jones in his heyday.

Rigidly stiff in his natty, mod threads (turtlenecks and blazers), Heino comes across as a poster boy for Germany at its creepiest. Beneath the sinister shades his eyes stare ahead two different ways, and no amount of heartfelt sincerity can make him sound anything like a typical [non-German] folksinger. Though accused of appealing to war criminals in an abundance of South American songs, Heino probably is not the decadent monster one might believe him to be. Still, he is exceedingly creepy, and therein lies the appeal.

Heino's full act can be appreciated in old television clips (Canadian TV is a North American source). Also appearing on many of his records and in some clips are the Botho Lucas Choir. One clip from a WFMU compilation shows them to be equally astounding. And you can bet that Heino has his share of imitators, including film star "Freddy," who on at least one LP replicates the Heino-as-cowboy.

Buying: When not marching in step to the music of his forebears, Heino is a one-man international tour. Names of countries provide a tip-off to his juiciest stuff. Hit themes include cowboys, Mexico, sailors, Hawaii, the Orient, and drinking (usually whiskey). There may be just one wacky track per album, but that is plenty

Posted on: 2013/8/23 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Quote:

getz011 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
But do they offer armed shuttles to and from the studio? That's the real question...

Here's a thought - why don't you stick to crusading against unleashed chihuahuas in Paulus Hook instead of smugly dumping on neighborhoods other than your own.

It's not a zero-sum game. I'm proud of my neighborhood (Lafayette, not GV), and proud of JC as a whole. Good things happening in other neighborhoods doesn't somehow reduce my quality of life.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
But do they offer armed shuttles to and from the studio? That's the real question...

Here's a thought - why don't you stick to crusading against unleashed chihuahuas in Paulus Hook instead of smugly dumping on neighborhoods other than your own.

It's not a zero-sum game. I'm proud of my neighborhood (Lafayette, not GV), and proud of JC as a whole. Good things happening in other neighborhoods doesn't somehow reduce my quality of life.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
And if you are in the area don?t forget to stop by The Thrifitque Warehouse next door in the same building.

http://thriftiques.com

Ps ? that area is not bad, it is down the block from some NJCU buildings and their parking lot?s. Not much else around. It's short walk from the Westside Light Rail station.

I looooooove Tony!!!!!!! I got some great items from him.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
And if you are in the area don?t forget to stop by The Thrifitque Warehouse next door in the same building.

http://thriftiques.com

Ps ? that area is not bad, it is down the block from some NJCU buildings and their parking lot?s. Not much else around. It's short walk from the Westside Light Rail station.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/8/23 16:37

Sundance Recording Studios in GV, Jersey City offers musicians a room of their own
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Kate Kowsh/The Jersey Journal

Resized Image

Offering musicians a creative ?office? of their own to make and record music, Joe Gallucci, 50, opened Sundance Music Studios, 40 Carbon Place, in Jersey City more than 20 years ago.

?It?s their own studio, they come here and they create, they write, they rehearse,? Gallucci said of his 14 studio suites, which he rents out to musicians and D.J.?s on a monthly basis.

?They don?t have to worry about anyone telling them to quiet down.?

Gallucci, a longtime musician himself, added that the complex includes 14 soundproof suites, with 10-foot ceilings, in a clean and secure environment where musicians can practice into the wee-hours, if they choose.

?We used to go to these rehearsal studios, and they were usually pretty funky,? he laughed. ?It was always my dream to have a studio. I thought it?d be a cool thing to do.?

Rates for renting the spaces range from $425-$700 per month, according to Gallucci.

Gallucci, who co-owns the recording spaces with his sister, Kathy Notarmaso, explained that he first opened the studios in 1989 at a location on Kennedy Boulevard, but moved in 2000, after the Jersey City Board of Education bought the building.

The current 8,5000 sq. ft. location, is situated off of West Side Avenue, behind New Jersey City University?s campus, in the Greenville section ? the same neighborhood he grew up in.

The Hudson Catholic Regional High School graduate explained that music has always been an inspirational force in his life, and that he?s played bass in clubs all over Hudson County as part of his cover band, The Tiny G Band. ?I love all kinds of music ? always did,? he said.

Gallucci added that his goal is to help steward in a renaissance of music and arts culture in the Greenville section, by one day, opening a live music venue, and expanding his complex to offer artists? lofts.

?We hope for this area to ... have a little more culture than it?s had,? he said. ?We hope this will be a hot spot.?

Posted on: 2013/8/23 16:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017