Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Old pervert in Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know where this guy lives around there? Any idea if he is from one of four housing services associated with St. Lucy?s Shelter in Jersey City that is funded and operated by Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark. The Franciska Residence, St. Jude?s Oasis, Canaan House and the Hope House.

If so -- perhaps they can deal with him.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... em_get_home_of_their.html

Posted on: 2014/12/23 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
As upsetting as this situation is, OnThe3rd is exactly right. Think of the next woman (or child) who could fall victim to this man's escalating behavior.

Take the time to go to the precinct and submit a report. No one has a right to invade your personal space and touch you. This guy may need hospitalization and you could be the brave person to report his CRIME and make that happen.

Posted on: 2014/12/23 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
I understand you are upset, and rightly so, but an internet forum is not the place to report this. Inappropriate touching of any kind is not acceptable and that is a subject that you should address with the police. They should have been the first number you called - not your "friend". Please follow up with the police and report this. A middle finger and dog poop doesn't solve most problems, it usually just causes more of them.

Posted on: 2014/12/23 15:32

Old pervert in Van Vorst Park

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/27 4:05
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Wow! They have this post on him here!? Ha! So glad I searched for this here. I'm not alone then.

I had an encounter with the described man this evening in Van Vorst Park.I guess I'm describing my encounter here because after what happened, I was upset the whole evening/night. Plus, instead of listening to me, my friend is giving me shit that I'm getting upset over such a little matter. Well, then I can't help it if I'm upset & he shouldn't be my friend in the first place.

I was walking my dog in the area between the trash cans & 'employees only door" of the gazebo. Frazzled & lost, he "bumped" straight into me. No sorry, no excuse me, just pointing at his watch, saying words like friend, ear, blood, operation, help. I said it's 5.58pm & thought I should call 911 for help.

Everything happened so quickly in a few moments. He didn't stop to give me a chance to respond/speak & said a few English words like God bless you, take care, beautiful smile, hindi songs, homophobic stuff. Then all of a sudden hugged me really tight & touched my lower waist/hip area with one hand with his other hand was on my shoulder blade. WTF? just wtf? who the #OOPS# does he think he is & how does he think he have the right to touch me like that. He tried this 3 times even after I pushed him away. I should have pushed harder to make him fall down. I walked off quickly I don't remember what I said but it was something along the lines, sorry I have to go. Last words he said were god bless you, sorry, emotional, art.

I took my phone out to call this asshole friend & it was 5.59 pm. Everything happened in a minute? wtf was I doing & wtf was I thinking. I should have just punched him in the nuts instead of listening to his bull shit. I was so fucking stupid & didn't use my presence of mind to stop a male passer by saying HELP & walking away with him or in his direction. He did this on purpose. The whole running into me & his bullshit lie about his bloody friend, asking for the time was a fucking lie. I don't even remember showing my teeth or smiling at me wtf is he talking about. bastard

I hope I never see him again & I think I should leave the park with other people in the dog run like dog walkers or other dog owners. I hope I never run into him again but if I do, then god better give me the guts to show him the middle finger or throw a bagful of dog poop at him.

Thank you & good night.

Posted on: 2014/12/23 7:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
ArtProf, clearly you're not a woman. I did find his behavior a bit threatening based on many years of experience. And he did try to touch me. I do feel pity for the man (otherwise I wouldn't have listened as long as I did). But there's a line and he crossed it. That's when warning bells go off.

Posted on: 2013/9/3 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ArtProf wrote:
This string of posts is sad and shameful. Heaven forbide someone you don't find attractive tries to pick you up. No threats? no touching? no assault? Get over yourself.

That right everyone has their right to avoid whom ever they want to. By the look at your avatar you seem to accepting.

Posted on: 2013/9/3 10:51
Get on your bikes and ride !

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
This string of posts is sad and shameful. Heaven forbide someone you don't find attractive tries to pick you up. No threats? no touching? no assault? Get over yourself.

Posted on: 2013/9/2 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
All of the below are true; talented artist, Russian, feeble, loving, old, and lonely. In the four years he has been interacting with us in VVP, I?ve never witnessed the perverse behavior that?s been described here, but don?t doubt that it may have occurred.

I?ve never seen him be aggressive, only his desire to try and relate what are mostly repetitive stories, phrases, and at times, we try to avoid contact because we know we?re going to be enjoined with same.

I?m really sad to hear of this behavior, which is new to us, for he has been very appreciative of what we do in VVP, and apologetic when he feels he gone on too long?he?s always seemed quite harmless, though a little bit off.

Unless he becomes physical (period.), inappropriately verbal or suggestive after you have asked him to stop, I ask that you have some sympathy for this troubled soul.

?There but for good fortune go you and I?.

parkman

Posted on: 2013/9/2 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
I think I ran into this guy on Saturday on Jersey Ave. Frail looking old man with lots of pens in his pockets.

I saw him outside the baptist church on 4th and Jersey. He looked confused and lost. He spoke broken English so I spoke Russian to him to see if he was alright. His face lit up like a Christmas tree.

He tells me he is from Belarus and he thought Americans were snobby. I told him I'm American but my parents were Russian and Ukrainian. Then he goes off on how his first love was from Kiev... I dunno. My Russian isn't what it used to be but he talked about a million things in our 2-minute encounter. He kept saying "love" in Russian and then tried to hug me. I put a big "nyet" to that and walked away.

Yeah, it was creepy but he seems like a harmless but very lonely old man.

Posted on: 2013/9/2 0:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/29 3:50
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, I didn't say he wasn't a little off. aggressively friendly and likes to complain about politicians in very broken english with lots of (apparently sometimes inappropriate) gestures. In fact, I walk the long way around the outside of the park just to avoid him sometimes.

Posted on: 2013/8/31 0:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Yep, that's the guy. He showed me some of his pictures which were quite good and said he was a student of Chagall and Picasso. But what started out as a sort of innocent conversation turned quite graphic with the repeated jerking off gestures and comments about his erection and women. Maybe it's senility. I know some people get quite inappropriate when dementia sets in.

Posted on: 2013/8/30 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
So in ten posts this guy has gone from a sexual predator to to a married dog walker to a nice old man that paints happy little trees and has a gallery.

Gotta love JC list.

Posted on: 2013/8/30 13:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/29 3:50
Group:
Registered Users
I once had a sort-of conversation with this guy in van vorst park. He sits on a bench near my house often, painting little pictures of trees. He told me he was Russian, I think, and a former student of Marc Chagall. He also invited me visit his studio, maybe somewhere on York street or grand street.

Posted on: 2013/8/30 1:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 12:48
Group:
Registered Users
I know of this guy. He is/was married to this very nice looking younger woman who used to walk dogs in the Newport area and also go to school. He used to help her walk the dogs. This was like 10 years ago.
They had a few dogs they walked and then they both disappeared.
According to someone who knew the wife, he was an accomplished painter in his country (can't remember which one but I am guessing Russia)
After that i have seen him alone in VVP always painting something on a tiny canvas, looking at the trees. Maybe he was painting leaves??? He is always looking to talk to me about my dogs and his paintings...sometimes he sings me and my partner hindi songs, but i really cannot understand him. I just avoid him. I haven't seen him for a while guess he moved to HP.

Posted on: 2013/8/28 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
May: That's the guy!

Posted on: 2013/8/22 14:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 12:48
Group:
Registered Users
Does this guy have white hair as well. On the short side with a hunched back? Does he speak the few words of English with a Eastern European accent?

Posted on: 2013/8/22 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Grove Path: Thanks for the sleuthing but that is definitely NOT him. Don't want to defame anyone. I guess no one else has encountered this guy. That's good.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
I wonder if fish with braids charges $1 admission to sit by the fountain too?

I see what you did there.

and I chuckle approvingly.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I only found one known artist with that last name -- and I am sure it is NOT him! Majore, however, is a rather rare last name in the art world -- this artist named Frank Majore is pictured at an Artforum event in 2009 -- his photo is halfway down the page...

http://artforum.com/diary/id=21858

His artist's page is...

http://www.frankmajore.com/214340/2010s/

Posted on: 2013/8/21 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if fish with braids charges $1 admission to sit by the fountain too?

Posted on: 2013/8/21 12:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
17 hours have passed by already since your posting so I am assuming you contacted the authorities by now.
I hope Fish with Braids decommisions this offender's appointment.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 12:00
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I think he may have been appointed Arts Commissioner by a narrow margin over Fish with Braids.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 1:05

Old pervert in Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
So last night I was enjoying the fountain in Hamilton Park around dusk as I sometimes do and I had a very uncomfortable encounter with this old guy. He came up to me and, speaking almost no English, tried to communicate something to me with gestures. He kept repeating "woman" and "inspiration" and then making a jerking off motion with his hand. He also described to me how he eats raw garlic and onions for erections. He was sitting there drawing before he approached me and showed me one of his drawings. I think the name signed on it was Helo Majore or something similar. He had s white mustache and was somewhat unkempt. Does anyone know anything about this character? Do I need to avoid the area around the fountain now?

Posted on: 2013/8/20 19:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017