Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fulton's Landing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
I forgot to add that the units have those under-the-window heating/AC units which are electric and tend to be expensive to run. I don't recall the exact amounts of my bills, though. I know they weren't in the $400 range. I would only have them running as needed.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 17:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/23 0:03
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the response. I have heard that the utility bills are extremely high, over $400-500 per month and trying to understand if this is the case. I do realize that the finishes are sub par.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/22 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
I've been in the building and have talked to people who have lived there, but haven't lived in it myself.

I think the finishes and construction are on-par with the other nearby Paulus Hook mid-rise buildings built from 2000 to 2010. I guess Sugar House lofts and high rises like 77 Hudson would be an exception, but the prices reflect that and the fees are much higher in those buildings as well.

The prices seem a little higher at Pier House because it's right on the canal and has a nice swimming pool. I don't think that's related to construction quality. In fact, Pier House was constructed earlier and its original finishes are a bit dated, although I see that many owners have updated their units in that building.

I have heard some of the residents complain about the electric cooling and heating systems. I've dealt with them in rental buildings and was NOT a fan myself.

149 Essex is in a great spot near the end of Morris Canal and the immediate area is being built up even more with the Madox across the street (where the mayor is a current resident according to the NYT) Also, a new 8 story, 83 Unit residential building is going up very close by at 203-207 Van Vorst--almost across the street.

I can't speak to the flooding issues. But aside from that point, I think it offers great value for the price relative to some of the other options in the area. Although, I have seen recent listings for much higher amounts than what was previously available.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 15:56

Edited by Bubble_Tea on 2013/8/16 16:13:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
I lived here for over a year soon after it was built, in 2006. I rented from an owner. It was fine for a rental, but I would not have invested as an owner. I thought the quality of the units - flooring, doors, cabinets, etc - were what you would find in a typical rental building. Home Depot quality. Of course, some units may have upgrades that mine did not have. The flooring seemed like it did not adhere well and buckled slightly in some areas. If you looked at the bottom of the doors, either the floors were crooked or the door was because you could see a widening gap between the floor and door. Not many amenities. The courtyard is nice. Small gym. Quiet location. Not much to look at view-wise. I cannot speak to how well it held up during Sandy. I know the penthouse units have several skylights, which may or may not have held up. And I also cannot speak to any issues that may have arisen or been taken care of in the last five years.

I was happy living there. Perfectly adequate as a short-term rental, but I think you would have a hard time competing against some of the newer condos if you purchased and wanted to sell in a few years. You might attract a buyer looking for a cheaper, no-frills condo, though.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 14:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for your response. Can you elaborate?

Posted on: 2013/8/16 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't buy a unit there if I were you. Even before sandy, that building had serious water issues.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 2:03

Fulton's Landing

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
First post here - would like to know if anyone can share experiences on Fulton's Landing regarding before sandy and after affects of sandy. Any information on utility bills, sound proofing quality from neighboring units and assessments which may be coming in the future would be very helpful. Also, do you like living there? Thank you,

Paul

Posted on: 2013/8/15 16:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017