Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Shooting on Newark Ave - Miss Saigon parking lot?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
there is no competition that BL or greenville would come close to beating dtjc in...except in homicides.

Greenville and BL own the dangerous activity department.

****yawn.

Posted on: 2013/8/14 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
Jordan's has a fine line to walk between not admitting anyone who might cause a problem, and not admitting anyone.

Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
They kick people out of Zeppelin and Surf City early lest someone who buys a condo next to a bar hear noise, so I don't understand why they can't do the same for gunshots and violence.

It's my experience that cops like easier targets. Drunk 20 somethings are easier than people being violent.

Posted on: 2013/8/13 22:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
They kick people out of Zeppelin and Surf City early lest someone who buys a condo next to a bar hear noise, so I don't understand why they can't do the same for gunshots and violence.

It's my experience that cops like easier targets. Drunk 20 somethings are easier than people being violent.

Posted on: 2013/8/13 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Are you crazy? 3 incidents in DTJC is NOT the same as the 6 or so homicides in BL and Greenville.

wait...there's a competition?

no competition. there is no competition that BL or greenville would come close to beating dtjc in...except in homicides.

my issue is with the statement:

So while Fulop has locked up 111 people in JC, Downtown is witnessing more dangerous activity.

3 bar incidents is not dangerous activity. Greenville and BL own the dangerous activity department.

Posted on: 2013/8/13 18:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/8 1:12
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
We have the same problems with a bar here in BeLa on the corner of Communipaw and Halladay. Every night that they are open the crowd is out on the street and sidewalk drinking, yelling, peeing and fighting. Cars park illegally along the whole block (there is no parking allowed on that side of the block because the fire engines need that space to turn)

How many times do cops have to be called to scenes like this before the bar owners can be forced to shut down??

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... ents_in.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/8/13 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Are you crazy? 3 incidents in DTJC is NOT the same as the 6 or so homicides in BL and Greenville.

wait...there's a competition?

Posted on: 2013/8/13 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan2013 wrote:
I'm new to this particular block. I use to live closer to Grove, so I wasn't familiar with Jordan's Lounge. Now I realize the shots were probably attributable to the lounge crowd after it closed.

On Wednesday night (1:20-1:45am) there was lots of loud noise and dancing in the parking lot outside of the lounge. I was really surprised that Jersey City police didn't stop it immediately. I wouldn't think that loiter outside of a bar like that would be allowed at the Beer Garden or on Grove Street.

Anyway, I called the cops that night and they did arrive to clear the scene.

Anyone in the area that would like to work with me to reduce this disturbance, please get in touch. I've already discussed working with my neighbor to at least petition for a patrol at closing each night. Seems like a logical solution.

Which leads me to say it is safer being homeless in DTJC than owning property in greenville or BL

Posted on: 2013/8/12 23:44

Re: Petition to close Jordan's Lounge
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Jordan's lounge has the most restrictive entry requirements of any bar downtown; IIRC the minimum age is 25 or 27 or something like that. It's not enough. Maybe the minimum age should be 50.

Quote:

sepecat wrote:
IF they are doing something illegal, they deserve to be shut down. You can't shut down someone because they are a nuisance to you.

Quote:

JCMan2013 wrote:
More police activity last night near Jordan's Lounge.

At 3am, we witnessed 2 ambulances, 1 police car.
The ambulance took someone away on a stretcher (not in a hurry), so either they were ok or completely not. The crowd was again very large and disturbing the peace.

This is the 3rd incident on this block since July 27. So while Fulop has locked up 111 people in JC, Downtown is witnessing more dangerous activity.

I will be looking into the process for petitioning to shutdown Jordan's Lounge. Please stay tuned for details soon.

Anyone with experience with JC City Hall, appreciate your support.

Thanks
Concerned Downtown JC Family

Posted on: 2013/8/12 15:25

Re: Petition to close Jordan's Lounge
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
IF they are doing something illegal, they deserve to be shut down. You can't shut down someone because they are a nuisance to you.

Quote:

JCMan2013 wrote:

The ambulance took someone away on a stretcher (not in a hurry), so either they were ok or completely not. The crowd was again very large and disturbing the peace.

This is the 3rd incident on this block since July 27. So while Fulop has locked up 111 people in JC, Downtown is witnessing more dangerous activity.

I will be looking into the process for petitioning to shutdown Jordan's Lounge. Please stay tuned for details soon.

Thanks

Posted on: 2013/8/10 15:07

Petition to close Jordan's Lounge
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/17 2:37
Group:
Registered Users

Thanks

Posted on: 2013/8/10 11:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Difference is most of the patrons are from out of town. Remember the old Sandbar?

Quote:

ripple wrote:
As far as I know, there is no bar downtown that creates as much violence and necessitates as much police activity as Jordan's lounge. There must be something different about it.

Posted on: 2013/8/10 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
As far as I know, there is no bar downtown that creates as much violence and necessitates as much police activity as Jordan's lounge. There must be something different about it.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 15:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm new to this particular block. I use to live closer to Grove, so I wasn't familiar with Jordan's Lounge. Now I realize the shots were probably attributable to the lounge crowd after it closed.

On Wednesday night (1:20-1:45am) there was lots of loud noise and dancing in the parking lot outside of the lounge. I was really surprised that Jersey City police didn't stop it immediately. I wouldn't think that loiter outside of a bar like that would be allowed at the Beer Garden or on Grove Street.

Anyway, I called the cops that night and they did arrive to clear the scene.

Anyone in the area that would like to work with me to reduce this disturbance, please get in touch. I've already discussed working with my neighbor to at least petition for a patrol at closing each night. Seems like a logical solution.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 12:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
where's crazy Dave (the previous gun store owner in that area) when you need him?

Hahaha! I rented my first apt from Dave. Good times.

Posted on: 2013/7/28 20:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/28 16:39
Group:
Registered Users
maybe people should stop renting out places to young reckless teens for private parties in the d/t area. what kind of citizen would throw a party and then fight, stab, kill, and steal. .you cant even walk past some places at night without being bothered by these young men......so confused.... who could be doing this?????? what kind of parent raises this type of person??? oh my for the life of me I cant figure it out................. unreal...........surely it cant be our upstanding citizens.....let all just keep pretending that we don't know anything.... what the hell it worked for healy for 8 years

Posted on: 2013/7/28 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
where's crazy Dave (the previous gun store owner in that area) when you need him?

Posted on: 2013/7/28 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
An investigative journalist or resident could do the same by placing their own car in a position to capture footage without being there. The footage could be sold to the media and/or have a great footage for a great news report!

A cheap $50 investment could help the community reclaim their neighborhood or have an excellent evidence for a journalist - The camera (link below) can be placed in the back or side window of a car to capture behavior that the community wants changed or addressed by police.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1080P-Full-HD ... ain_0&hash=item51ad60f9e3

Posted on: 2013/7/27 23:29
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
The police need to place a hidden camera inside an unmarked car parked in front of Jordans (and other problem bars) and just monitor it closing times (note it was 2:45 am) -- and capture what all goes on every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

Posted on: 2013/7/27 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Gunman in Jersey City shoots two rounds into the air, reports say

By Rafal Rogoza / The Jersey Journal
on July 27, 2013 at 5:12 PM,
updated July 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM

A gunman opened fired this morning in Jersey City and shot two rounds into the air before fleeing from the scene, police say.

Police responded to an area bar on Newark Avenue around 2:45 a.m. to reports of shots being fired. Witnesses told police they heard two shots near the intersection of 1st and Cole Streets, police reports say.

JJ piece...

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... rts_say.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/7/27 21:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/18 18:34
Group:
Registered Users
I was walking by on Newark and Coles and i believe it was over by Jordan's Lounge. Something definitely happened and it sounded like gunshots to me. I got out of there before I saw any cops roll up but I did hear sirens.

Posted on: 2013/7/27 15:41

Shooting on Newark Ave - Miss Saigon parking lot?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My neighbor and I both heard shots late last night July 27th outside of the Miss Saigon Bar/Restaurant on Newark Ave.

Did anyone else hear it? Did the police show up?

Posted on: 2013/7/27 14:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017