Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Re: Ridiculous fines...

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/29 20:01
Group:
Registered Users
If the transition team's recommendations are adopted by the Mayor- you can expect a "review" of the fines with a view to increase them. They also recommended that the meter folks be given a violations code so they could issue more citations. Stay tuned.

Posted on: 2013/7/29 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Getting back to the important discussion, dog poop , went to Morris Canal this weekend for the first time in years to see what all the hubub was about... nice day, fairly crowded with people playing games like volleyball and whiffle ball...

walking towards the water, we found fresh poop (three piles), in about five minutes.... there were seven dogs there. only was on a leash. One off leash dog was a well behaved beautiful brindle greyhound that was running like bonkers with it's owner. Really lovely to watch... having said that, if a little bunny had come out of the bushes, that dog probably would've sped off into the distance after it!

Scientific conclusion? I dunno. I don't like dog poop, but I like dogs...

Posted on: 2013/7/29 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
That's fine but when you get busted don't come on JC list and bitch about it.

Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
Not sure why people find it so difficult to follow the rules. If you don't want to be lawful then move to a cabin in the woods...

No, when we don?t want to obey laws or rules with which we disagree, we have the option of taking our chances and learning to recognize patterns of enforcement. For example, if you have enough well-behaved, adult Caucasian females in your group, you can often drink alcohol in places where it is technically prohibited.

Posted on: 2013/7/26 23:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
Not sure why people find it so difficult to follow the rules. If you don't want to be lawful then move to a cabin in the woods...

No, when we don?t want to obey laws or rules with which we disagree, we have the option of taking our chances and learning to recognize patterns of enforcement. For example, if you have enough well-behaved, adult Caucasian females in your group, you can often drink alcohol in places where it is technically prohibited.

Posted on: 2013/7/26 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Be careful of the powder burn.

Posted on: 2013/7/26 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Selling "loosies" is illegal right? So that was good enforcement. If it's illegal then it's illegal there isn't really a lot of gray area in these things. Not sure why people find it so difficult to follow the rules. If you don't want to be lawful then move to a cabin in the woods in Montana and you can raise wolves off the leash, smoke loosies and fire your shotgun in your underpants.

Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
A friend got stopped by JCPD for buying "loosies" (individual cigarettes) from a bodega....

What's next? JC & the Fulop team are apparently taking a page out of Bloomberg's book and stopping everybody for anything and everything! Wait until "stop and frisk" starts.....

Posted on: 2013/7/26 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I applaud all those that complain about safety, make waves and are critical about police and cityhall's pursuit of quality of life and general crime. These are the true proactive individuals that affect change ... cheers

PS. Stoop drinkers run the risk of stepping out on the sidewalk. I have seen many a times individuals retreating to their stoop with drink in hand when the cops do a drive-by patrol. There is no grey area as I have also seen cops look from a long distance at stoop drinks that cross the line of their stoop.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 22:16
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
I'd still like a definitive yes or no from the JCPD on the legality of stoop drinking... I get the feeling they'd rather leave it wishy-washy so they can practice selective (i.e., discriminatory) enforcement.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 15:19
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Eblanco for prez.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
ElBlanco wins the internet for the day

Posted on: 2013/7/25 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you Eblanco you've made my day and you made you point well taken.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 16:08
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
eblanco is the man, LOL. Very funny analogy!

Posted on: 2013/7/25 15:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/11 21:03
From 2nd St.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
But Pier, the larger point is that "I know my dog" is not a valid excuse. I don't know your dog. The cop doesn't know your dog. And even most owners don't truly know their dogs (they think they do, but they really don't).

The point is that the law wasn't written just for those people whose dogs are uncontrollable and wild beasts.

There are places where dogs are allowed, and places where they are not. The law can't be written any clearer.

It's like the old joke "something can't be sort of wet", it's either wet or dry. Black and white. It's pretty straightforward.

I'm trying to be as cordial and straightforward as I can as it relates to the dog issue, but you guys make it difficult sometimes. It's up to you to introspect and come to the realizations that rest of us already have.

And I do understand. That's your whole entire point.

But to be honest, the cops scared the crap out of my GF and my dog (not literally) when he suddenly drove up onto the field. When my dog is unleashed, and yes, I'm guilty of unleashing him as well, I make it a point to only do it when

1. There are no other people or dogs around.
2. When he's in a controlled environment , in which I can control his movements.
3. Only after he has 'done his business' (that's what I meant when I said 'I know my dog')
4. When others (children, adults or other pets) come within proximity of the area, I immediately re-leash him.

As I said, I'm a responsible dog owner. I do understand your point 'that few make it bad on everyone'. It's true. But 'they' are not the people who get ridiculous fines, such as this one. The responible owners do!

The cop was a douche and wanted to give her a second summons for having our other dog tied to the pole. He claimed '2 dogs, 2 summonses'! I got the impression like, 'Yes. I can fulfill my quota for the day'!

I can also assure you that the dog in question was back on the leash before the cop even got out of the car!

I know several cops in my local precinct. As a matter of fact, they know me as 'the bulldog guy'... When I explained the situation to them, they explained that 'Fulop is trying to make JC like NYC and turn it into a police state. He's making the police issue tickets on a massive blitz citywide, for all sorts of offenses."

When I asked them about real crime, they explained that Fulop is all about swaying the statistics to make himself look good. The 'real crime' will always be there....

This reminds me of the time a buddy got a speeding ticket.

Friend: "The cops are ridiculous. I just got a ticket for doing 45 down Montgomery."

Me: "You shouldn't have been going that fast."

Friend: "It's ok, there was no one else on the road and no one on the sidewalks. I was constantly aware. If anyone came within proximity, I would have slowed down."

Me: "No one at all? But what if an unleashed dog ran out of VVP and onto the road? You might not be able to stop in time."

Friend: "Dude, I know my car. I could have totally stopped. I wasn't going over 45mph since I was constantly watching my speedometer."

Me: "Even though, brakes fail you sometimes."

Friend: "Like I said, I know my car. I'm a responsible car owner. My girlfriend changed my brakes. She's a mechanic in Brooklyn, so she dedicated her life to car care."

Me: "So you don't think you should have gotten the ticket?"

Friend: "No, I was even slowing down already once I saw the cop. Doesn't the cop have more serious issues to deal with than harass me?"

Me: "Like pulling someone over who's doing 46mph?"

Friend: "Exactly - the irresponsible car owners!"

Posted on: 2013/7/25 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bradleybeachbrawl wrote:
Oh yeah the leash cannot be more than six feet long.

It's stupid to have an really long leash. It would be as if the dog was not on a leash. Owners would hook the extra long leash on their dog then open the door to their house let the dog out ahead of them then the dog would dart outside. I've seen dogs run far from their masters with the help of these leash extentions only to have their dogs get hit by cars parking, running into pedestrains, hit by kids on bikes and skateboards. You don't realize this till it happens at that point you can't turn back the clock.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 11:31
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The fine is ridiculous if you choose not to comply with what the fine was for - I believe only when the fine is higher then expectated, do people comply with the law, otherwise its a slap on the wrist and we are most likely to take that risk again or repeat the offence.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 6:31
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

I was not the one that chose to ignore the ordinances that you and your GF did. I didn't get fined. And your GF must know that it's almost impossible to guarantee a dog won't relieve itself in an outside area. Even if you could, you couldn't stop other dogs from marking your dog's scent.

Oh and ideology isn't telepathy, however much you love, trust and respect your GF. You and your GFs cred is a little suspect when you chose to ignore the rules in the first place. What other rules do you choose to ignore? Curbing your dog? Picking up its poop?

If you are a dog owner, as you say, and your dog relieves himself at any given time, instead of on a set schedule, your dog is obviously not trained very well.

I have admitted fault, directly to you, for now the THIRD time.

Do you just have this insatiable need to feel superior? Or are you really that self-absorbed in your need to be correct?

I have explained, specifically to you, over and over again, that you are missing the point. Maybe you just have a problem retaining information.

Whatever it is, I implore you to stop posting here with your malicious attempt to be both sarcastic and cynical.

Ok. I'll apply the never argue with a fool rule. You win. You beat me with stupidity.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Well Pier, as I always say, if you see something, say something. When I see stuff going down, I call the JCPD. Make a difference. Make our awful, sedentary police force do something for a change.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vegasjamone wrote:
Thanks, that's good to know. I've been over at the those fields with my dogs before. I'll be sure to opt for the dog park which is just right there next time.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2013/7/25 2:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/7/25 2:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
This thread has degenerated beyond anything else I have ever seen on JClist. I must congratulate all the participants on a job well done; this accomplishment should not be surpassed in the future - ever.

At the same time, this thread disproves darwin and the theory of evolution and corroborates intelligent design.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 2:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/7 16:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
This thread has spiraled way out of control like many of these do.

I have to ask: what exactly are you trying to accomplish, Pier?

I couldn't agree more... This thread HAS spiraled WAYYYY out of control...

The "whole dog on a leash" thing got way more attention than necessary. Apparently, it will be a hot button issue come November...

The whole original point of this thread:

Doesn't JCPD have more important issues to address than minor QOL infractions?????

I gave examples just to reinforce my point- not to debate whether any laws were broken.

(BTW... nobody seemed to address the fact that I saw two crackheads smoking crack on Kennedy Blvd, right off of JSQ in broad daylight!!!!)

Posted on: 2013/7/25 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
This thread has spiraled way out of control like many of these do.

I have to ask: what exactly are you trying to accomplish, Pier?

Posted on: 2013/7/25 1:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vegasjamone wrote:
Thanks, that's good to know. I've been over at the those fields with my dogs before. I'll be sure to opt for the dog park which is just right there next time.

I never said she wasn't stupid for being so close to the dog park....

Posted on: 2013/7/25 1:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

True, I've never been to LP football field or the field you are talking about. I prefer to stay out of the ghetto. I'm in downtown so I enjoy the parks in dtjc and in newport.

Just a quick question, if she did not take her eyes off of him for a sec, was she also looking out for other people? Was she keeping one eye on him and one eye on other people? lol

At the end of the day, what is your point? That the cops have more important things to do to improve jc? I refuse to believe that cops can't walk and chew gum at the same time...

Cops should look the other way? Which laws should they enforce and which laws should they look the other way? Are you going to decide? Healy did a good job at that.

You want empathy? From who - random strangers on a forum? lol

Ghetto? Wow! You really must not be from the area. Just goes to show how ignorant you really are! Do yourself a favor, walk away from the hipsters once in a while and expose yourself to some culture...

You prefer to stay downtown "where the cool people are", all the while calling yourself a liberal while looking over your shoulder when "someone that doesn't look like you" sneezes.... And let's not forget about following social trends... When you moved to the NYC area, did you actually meet any NY'ers or did you conform to those from whatever Midwest shithole you hail from?

Empathy is obviously not something in a hipsters language of sarcasm, PBR and plastic sunglasses....

And FYI, I am a white male who happens to actually be from the area and not a transplant. I'm not poor, by any means, and happen to live with a neighborhood not controlled by Corporate America's idea of how NY should be....

Posted on: 2013/7/25 0:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/25 0:46
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/25 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

So you are telling me she scanned the whole entire football field before taking the dog off leash AND kept scanning field the entire time to make sure no person was around and that the dog had no escape route whatsoever (cause if the dog is off leash, they could run away at any time). If she went to those two extremes then yeah, in this particular instance, you did not endanger anyone.

Is it unreasonable for me to assume here that this is what she did, if even that, - "Hey, don't see anyone in my peripheral vision, let's let my dog run free"......pays attention to other stuff....10 mins later...cops come and writes a ticket.

If she was scanning the field for people the entire time, she should have seen the cop coming....not seeing the cop suddenly come means she did not have a good idea of who was around and that is dangerous....not for you or the dog but for people who don't want to encounter a dog off leash.

*buzzer* WRONG! As usual, somebody is making assumptions without know what the hell they are talking about.

You have obviously no idea where the football field is in LP. You have obviously never been there. The field is right off of the cul-de-sac that runs around LP.... The cop pulled right off of the road and right onto the field, essentially blocking the one and only entrance.

She was running up and down the field with him. So she did not take her eyes off of him for a second, nor did he teleport to pee or poop anywhere...

In an enclosed field, with one entrance and nobody else one the field, who do you suppose would have encountered the dog?

PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE COMMENTING ON THIS POST!!!

True, I've never been to LP football field or the field you are talking about. I prefer to stay out of the ghetto. I'm in downtown so I enjoy the parks in dtjc and in newport.

Just a quick question, if she did not take her eyes off of him for a sec, was she also looking out for other people? Was she keeping one eye on him and one eye on other people? lol

At the end of the day, what is your point? That the cops have more important things to do to improve jc? I refuse to believe that cops can't walk and chew gum at the same time...

Cops should look the other way? Which laws should they enforce and which laws should they look the other way? Are you going to decide? Healy did a good job at that.

You want empathy? From who - random strangers on a forum? lol

Posted on: 2013/7/25 0:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/5 17:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

I was not the one that chose to ignore the ordinances that you and your GF did. I didn't get fined. And your GF must know that it's almost impossible to guarantee a dog won't relieve itself in an outside area. Even if you could, you couldn't stop other dogs from marking your dog's scent.

Oh and ideology isn't telepathy, however much you love, trust and respect your GF. You and your GFs cred is a little suspect when you chose to ignore the rules in the first place. What other rules do you choose to ignore? Curbing your dog? Picking up its poop?

If you are a dog owner, as you say, and your dog relieves himself at any given time, instead of on a set schedule, your dog is obviously not trained very well.

Do you just have this insatiable need to feel superior? Or are you really that self-absorbed in your need to be correct?

I have explained, specifically to you, over and over again, that you are missing the point. Maybe you just have a problem retaining information.

Whatever it is, I implore you to stop posting here with your malicious attempt to be both sarcastic and cynical.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/7/25 0:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vegasjamone wrote:
Piert1025 that sucks about the tickets. Was your girlfriend on that astroturf field or some other football field at LP?

Nope...The grass St. Pete's baseball field all the way in the back....

Posted on: 2013/7/25 0:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2013/7/24 23:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

So you are telling me she scanned the whole entire football field before taking the dog off leash AND kept scanning field the entire time to make sure no person was around and that the dog had no escape route whatsoever (cause if the dog is off leash, they could run away at any time). If she went to those two extremes then yeah, in this particular instance, you did not endanger anyone.

Is it unreasonable for me to assume here that this is what she did, if even that, - "Hey, don't see anyone in my peripheral vision, let's let my dog run free"......pays attention to other stuff....10 mins later...cops come and writes a ticket.

If she was scanning the field for people the entire time, she should have seen the cop coming....not seeing the cop suddenly come means she did not have a good idea of who was around and that is dangerous....not for you or the dog but for people who don't want to encounter a dog off leash.

*buzzer* WRONG! As usual, somebody is making assumptions without know what the hell they are talking about.

You have obviously no idea where the football field is in LP. You have obviously never been there. The field is right off of the cul-de-sac that runs around LP.... The cop pulled right off of the road and right onto the field, essentially blocking the one and only entrance.

She was running up and down the field with him. So she did not take her eyes off of him for a second, nor did he teleport to pee or poop anywhere...

In an enclosed field, with one entrance and nobody else one the field, who do you suppose would have encountered the dog?

PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE COMMENTING ON THIS POST!!!

Posted on: 2013/7/24 23:48

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017