Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: Ridiculous fines...
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/2 4:31
Group:
Registered Users
Eh, I wouldn?t think too much of any of this Piert. Lets face it, these people are painfully uptight, they have themselves to live with, and that?s hilarious. While we?re smoking loosies and drinking beer they?ll be stressing about dog poop and double parking. The cops will ticket for a while, and then resent Fulop for making them security guards rather than police (it?s like going through the trouble of becoming a doctor to end up a school nurse). The whole thing is a joke. Cops who became cops to do something worthwhile resent it, and those of us whom are not watching to see where a dog shits, while we have the police on speed dial, laugh at it. In the meantime, I?ll be sparking one up and cracking a beer and wandering the streets. If I get a fine, hopefully it?ll go towards supporting schools, but most likely, some stupid political position (like High Commander of the Anti-Dog Poop Initiative). Oh well, who cares. At least I?m not one of you uptight jclist a-holes that wastes my time worrying about infractions. Yawn. If only I had enough time to address each and everyone of you uptight freaks and your exiguous concerns - oh right, I have a life. Now, please, let me hear all of your stupid wasted responses that are totally inconsequential. Haha.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 23:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/25 0:46
Group:
Registered Users
Piert1025 that sucks about the tickets. Was your girlfriend on that astroturf field or some other football field at LP?

Posted on: 2013/7/24 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Your girlfriend broke the law and got ticketed. What is there to complain about?

I have let the meter run out and got a ticket once in Hoboken. I had missed it by a few minutes. I was pissed at myself and didn't cry and complain about it. I broke the rules and was punished for it. Lesson learned, I now am very vigilant about getting to my car on time now.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
And ignore those parking tickets (it just takes two) and after a few notices your driving license gets suspended . . . so pay up, everyone.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 21:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
But that's exactly why you, as a responsible dog owner, have to lead by example. People see you with your dog off leash, they think they can do it too. That's the whole crux of the problem at place like Morris Canal park.

This.

On my way home from the HP dog run today three - THREE - unleashed dogs ran across the park and got all up in my leashed dog's face. I was like are you people effing kidding me?!

"he's just playing!"

Next week it'll be five, and statistically, one of those dogs isn't going to be as perfectly well-behaved as its owner swears it is.

I would get up in his face - be like an inch away - and then say oh I'm sorry, does that make you uncomfortable - I'm just playing!!!!

Posted on: 2013/7/24 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
But that's exactly why you, as a responsible dog owner, have to lead by example. People see you with your dog off leash, they think they can do it too. That's the whole crux of the problem at place like Morris Canal park.

This.

On my way home from the HP dog run today three - THREE - unleashed dogs ran across the park and got all up in my leashed dog's face. I was like are you people effing kidding me?!

"he's just playing!"

Next week it'll be five, and statistically, one of those dogs isn't going to be as perfectly well-behaved as its owner swears it is.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
I know why dog owners walk their dogs off leash - cause they are too poor to afford a house with a backyard. Think about it....just saying.

For your information, I am a homeowner. I own a condo.

I DO know why people here are snarky for posting things that they would never say in person- because they are douchbags!!!!

Who bought you your house- mommy or daddy or was it Uncle Jim back in Iowa?

I'm just throwing out ideas.

On a serious note, leashing your dog is a law designed to protect the safety of other individuals. You may think your dog is well behaved but it only takes 1 time. Also, you may not see anyone around you but unless your superman, you never know.

I rather be a douchebag and hurt someone's "feelings" than be responsible for injuring another person...

But did you read where and how my girlfriend got the ticket? She was in an fenced area, with no people around, on a football field, while there was no game in progress. The cop drove onto the football field (essentially breaking the law himself) to issue her a summons- $100 fine plus a court appearance. The dog did not pee or poop anywhere within the confines football field.

I understand that she was in the wrong for having him off the leash.

My entire point- the posters here are complaining that having a dog off of the leash affects the QOL of everyone.

How, in any way, in this particular instance, did my girlfriend or my dog affect any single persons QOL?

So you are telling me she scanned the whole entire football field before taking the dog off leash AND kept scanning field the entire time to make sure no person was around and that the dog had no escape route whatsoever (cause if the dog is off leash, they could run away at any time). If she went to those two extremes then yeah, in this particular instance, you did not endanger anyone.

Is it unreasonable for me to assume here that this is what she did, if even that, - "Hey, don't see anyone in my peripheral vision, let's let my dog run free"......pays attention to other stuff....10 mins later...cops come and writes a ticket.

If she was scanning the field for people the entire time, she should have seen the cop coming....not seeing the cop suddenly come means she did not have a good idea of who was around and that is dangerous....not for you or the dog but for people who don't want to encounter a dog off leash.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
I love jclist. Where else can you enjoy a semi-intelligent discussion over the pros and cons of (picking up) dog poop?

I am still not sure who is winning, but this is a close one ...

We're all losing..

Posted on: 2013/7/24 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
I love jclist. Where else can you enjoy a semi-intelligent discussion over the pros and cons of (picking up) dog poop?

I am still not sure who is winning, but this is a close one ...

Posted on: 2013/7/24 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

How do you know your dog didn't piss nor poop when you weren't there? How do you know your dogs piss and poop didn't end up on my kids clothes? How do you know that your actions didn't encourage other dog owners to let their dogs loose on the sport fields?

You don't. That's ignorance. And ignorance of the reason the ordinance exists in the first place.

I know this because my girlfriend has the same ideology as me when it comes to our dogs.

Quote:

When my dog is unleashed, and yes, I'm guilty of unleashing him as well, I make it a point to only do it when:

1. There are no other people or dogs around.
2. When he's in a controlled environment , in which I can control his movements.
3. Only after he has 'done his business' (that's what I meant when I said 'I know my dog')
4. When others (children, adults or other pets) come within proximity of the area, I immediately re-leash him.

I can immediately throw the same argument right back at you... How do YOU know that my dog peed and pooped when you weren't there? How do YOU know that my dogs pee and poop are on your kids clothes when you weren't there? How do you know that my action DID encourage other dog owners to do the same thing?

You don't! I guess you are just as ignorant as me!

And to top it off, my gf has dedicated her life to pet care. She is a vet in Brooklyn.

I was not the one that chose to ignore the ordinances that you and your GF did. I didn't get fined. And your GF must know that it's almost impossible to guarantee a dog won't relieve itself in an outside area. Even if you could, you couldn't stop other dogs from marking your dog's scent.

Oh and ideology isn't telepathy, however much you love, trust and respect your GF. You and your GFs cred is a little suspect when you chose to ignore the rules in the first place. What other rules do you choose to ignore? Curbing your dog? Picking up its poop?

Posted on: 2013/7/24 20:30

Edited by dtjcview on 2013/7/24 20:46:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/7 16:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

People assume it's a dog park because they've made it one. But in my conversations with our Ward E councilwoman and head of the PA neighborhood association, it most certainly is not. Hence why plans are in the work to educate residents and change the behavior to align with the laws.

But again, that's why the onus is on responsible dog owners to abide by the rules and do their part to correct those who dont - it's in your own best interest to do so. Agree?

I understand your gripe with MCP... I know THAT park well. But it pales in comparison to the size of Lincoln Park.

With LP, you know whats ruining the park?

1. The litter (a huge QOL issue at LP)- give summonses for that!

2. The excessive beating of the East Great field by soccer games (under the arguments that numerous posters gave me, it would be like banning people from playing soccer)

3. The poor drainage systems that are decimating all of the fields because of constant flooding.

4. The excessive poop from the wild Canadian Geese (why not fine them, too!)

5. The crumbling fountain, which has approval for restoration at 3.9 million, but is locked up in bureaucracy...

Dog poop isn't really an issue at LP. If it is at MCP, they should issue these summonses there (Let's be honest- they won't issue summonses there)! I know my park- I'm there everyday! Just as you know your park. The bigger issues at Lincoln park should take precedence!

Posted on: 2013/7/24 20:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

How do you know your dog didn't piss nor poop when you weren't there? How do you know your dogs piss and poop didn't end up on my kids clothes? How do you know that your actions didn't encourage other dog owners to let their dogs loose on the sport fields?

You don't. That's ignorance. And ignorance of the reason the ordinance exists in the first place.

I know this because my girlfriend has the same ideology as me when it comes to our dogs.

Quote:

When my dog is unleashed, and yes, I'm guilty of unleashing him as well, I make it a point to only do it when:

2. When he's in a controlled environment , in which I can control his movements.
3. Only after he has 'done his business' (that's what I meant when I said 'I know my dog')
4. When others (children, adults or other pets) come within proximity of the area, I immediately re-leash him.

I can immediately throw the same argument right back at you... How do YOU know that my dog peed and pooped when you weren't there? How do YOU know that my dogs pee and poop are on your kids clothes when you weren't there? How do you know that my action DID encourage other dog owners to do the same thing?

You don't! I guess you are just as ignorant as me!

And to top it off, my gf has dedicated her life to pet care. She is a vet in Brooklyn.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

I'm posting to expose your blatant ignorance and idiocy when you can ask such a question below, and reply that your dog doesn't piss and poop on sports fields. It's people like you that give us dog owners a bad name.

Man up, pay the fine, and keep your dog off sports fields.

Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
How, in any way, in this particular instance, did my girlfriend or my dog affect any single persons QOL?

Again, DID my dog piss or poop on the field? The answer to that question is 'NO'.

No ignorance here. I WILL pay the fine (2nd time I've had to say this to you).

Did my dog affect your QOL? Is there something here that I'm not aware of? There was no (zero, zilch, nada) people around. ( 2nd time I've had to say this to you).

I guess you really are posting just to post...

Posted on: 2013/7/24 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned

People assume it's a dog park because they've made it one. But in my conversations with our Ward E councilwoman and head of the PA neighborhood association, it most certainly is not. Hence why plans are in the work to educate residents and change the behavior to align with the laws.

But again, that's why the onus is on responsible dog owners to abide by the rules and do their part to correct those who dont - it's in your own best interest to do so. Agree?

Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
But Pier, the larger point is that "I know my dog" is not a valid excuse. I don't know your dog. The cop doesn't know your dog. And even most owners don't truly know their dogs (they think they do, but they really don't).

The point is that the law wasn't written just for those people whose dogs are uncontrollable and wild beasts.

There are places where dogs are allowed, and places where they are not. The law can't be written any clearer.

It's like the old joke "something can't be sort of wet", it's either wet or dry. Black and white. It's pretty straightforward.

I'm trying to be as cordial and straightforward as I can as it relates to the dog issue, but you guys make it difficult sometimes. It's up to you to introspect and come to the realizations that rest of us already have.

And I do understand. That's your whole entire point.

But to be honest, the cops scared the crap out of my GF and my dog (not literally) when he suddenly drove up onto the field. When my dog is unleashed, and yes, I'm guilty of unleashing him as well, I make it a point to only do it when

As I said, I'm a responsible dog owner. I do understand your point 'that few make it bad on everyone'. It's true. But 'they' are not the people who get ridiculous fines, such as this one. The responible owners do!

The cop was a douche and wanted to give her a second summons for having our other dog tied to the pole. He claimed '2 dogs, 2 summonses'! I got the impression like, 'Yes. I can fulfill my quota for the day'!

I can also assure you that the dog in question was back on the leash before the cop even got out of the car!

Posted on: 2013/7/24 19:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I'm posting to expose your blatant ignorance and idiocy when you can ask such a question below, and reply that your dog doesn't piss and poop on sports fields. It's people like you that give us dog owners a bad name.

Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:

Again, DID my dog piss or poop on the field? The answer to that question is 'NO'.

No ignorance here. I WILL pay the fine (2nd time I've had to say this to you).

Did my dog affect your QOL? Is there something here that I'm not aware of? There was no (zero, zilch, nada) people around. ( 2nd time I've had to say this to you).

I guess you really are posting just to post...

Posted on: 2013/7/24 19:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
But Pier, the larger point is that "I know my dog" is not a valid excuse. I don't know your dog. The cop doesn't know your dog. And even most owners don't truly know their dogs (they think they do, but they really don't).

The point is that the law wasn't written just for those people whose dogs are uncontrollable and wild beasts.

There are places where dogs are allowed, and places where they are not. The law can't be written any clearer.

It's like the old joke "something can't be sort of wet", it's either wet or dry. Black and white. It's pretty straightforward.

I'm trying to be as cordial and straightforward as I can as it relates to the dog issue, but you guys make it difficult sometimes. It's up to you to introspect and come to the realizations that rest of us already have.

And I do understand. That's your whole entire point.

But to be honest, the cops scared the crap out of my GF and my dog (not literally) when he suddenly drove up onto the field. When my dog is unleashed, and yes, I'm guilty of unleashing him as well, I make it a point to only do it when

As I said, I'm a responsible dog owner. I do understand your point 'that few make it bad on everyone'. It's true. But 'they' are not the people who get ridiculous fines, such as this one. The responible owners do!

The cop was a douche and wanted to give her a second summons for having our other dog tied to the pole. He claimed '2 dogs, 2 summonses'! I got the impression like, 'Yes. I can fulfill my quota for the day'!

I can also assure you that the dog in question was back on the leash before the cop even got out of the car!

I know several cops in my local precinct. As a matter of fact, they know me as 'the bulldog guy'... When I explained the situation to them, they explained that 'Fulop is trying to make JC like NYC and turn it into a police state. He's making the police issue tickets on a massive blitz citywide, for all sorts of offenses."

When I asked them about real crime, they explained that Fulop is all about swaying the statistics to make himself look good. The 'real crime' will always be there....

Posted on: 2013/7/24 19:13

Edited by Piert1025 on 2013/7/24 19:28:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Take that argument to court. I'm sure the judge will assign the appropriate level of credibility to the excuse, and file it with all the other "I'm sure my Fido would never..." arguments.

Again, your point is baseless. I never said that she wasn't in the wrong. I never said that we wouldn't pay the fine.

Are you posting just to post?

Posted on: 2013/7/24 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Take that argument to court. I'm sure the judge will assign the appropriate level of credibility to the excuse, and file it with all the other "I'm sure my Fido would never..." arguments.

Again, your point is baseless. I never said that she wasn't in the wrong. I never said that we wouldn't pay the fine.

Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/7/24 18:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2013/7/24 18:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/24 13:02
Group:
Registered Users
Oh yeah the leash cannot be more than six feet long.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

You expect us to have empathy for you, when you have no empathy for the kid that has to take your dog's crap and urine home on his sports clothes. Hmmm.

Man up, and pay the fine you deserved.

I have no empathy for a hypothetical kid that does not exist. Especially after I repeatedly stated that my dog did not pee or poop anywhere on the field. He wouldn't have, either. How do I know? Because I know my dog. He already had done his business elsewhere- another point that I repeatedly stated.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 18:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
? 108-8. Size of numbers; visibility; placement.permanent link to this piece of content

[Amended 11-10-1982 by Ord. No. MC-278]

Each numeral comprising an assigned or ordered building number shall measure not less than three inches in length and be of such width as to conform with the accepted standards of lettering so that the number is plainly visible to the public. Such building number shall be erected over the main entrance and over any rear entrances to the building or upon either side of the main and rear entrances, within two feet of the door frame; provided, however, that private dwellings may exhibit such building numbers on any steps leading to the main and rear entrances or porches connected therewith.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 18:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I've always wondered how the public would react to maximum enforcement with zero discretion.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 18:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

You expect us to have empathy for you, when you have no empathy for the kid that has to take your dog's crap and urine home on his sports clothes. Hmmm.

I have no empathy for a hypothetical kid that does not exist. Especially after I repeatedly stated that my dog did not pee or poop anywhere on the field. He wouldn't have, either. How do I know? Because I know my dog. He already had done his business elsewhere- another point that I repeatedly stated.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/7/24 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Well, I take action as well. That's why i am affecting change at the neighborhood level via neighborhood associations, etc.

That's also why I wish I could time it so that when our friend Vigilante/Batman gets his first off leash ticket, I could be there to film it.

One can dream...

[/quote]

I'm neither clueless nor do I need your pity.

There is a bigger picture and a hell of a lot of bigger issues, in which, you can dedicate your time. That is where your cluelessness comes into play. You have this superiority thing, in which, you talk down to people if they do not share your views. Passion is an absolute great quality. I am glad to have someone, such as yourself, living in my city, who takes such great pride in their community. I have that same passion in my community and I take action! The bigger issues need to be addressed before any of the small ones. That's all I am trying to say.

You are telling me that I keep insulting you? No. You insulted me approx. a half dozen times before I slung any mud back at you. Feel free to re-read your posts.[/quote]

Posted on: 2013/7/24 17:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
You're truly clueless and I pity you and those like you.

Guess what, clueless person, I was born and raised in JC, and not even downtown JC. So, I have a pretty familiar grasp of what's going on outside of DTJC. But, I happen to live in a nicer part of the city now, and this is what I choose to dedicate my time to.

And like I said before, keep the insults coming. This doesn't take much effort at all on my end, and I'm making waves and affecting change. It's starting with this issue, where I've learned how all the appropriate channels work. And once that's been taken care, I'll move on to other things that make the neighborhood better. You, my friend, are clearly not contributing to your neighborhood and in fact are engaging in behaviors that are detrimental to your neighborhood.

I've in no way shape or form said ALL dog owners. I've been a dog owner for many years, a RESPONSIBLE one. If you walk your dog on leash, and clean up after them, then clearly this does not apply to you.

You're in the wrong on every issue you've presented here, and you're too self absorbed to realize it. If someone's idea of QOL is skirting existing laws and ordinances and not getting ticketed when caught, then clearly that person needs to rethink what comprises a positive quality of life.

Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Buddy, you don't read very well. I've minded my business, for a long time. Until I was out there with kids (and no, im not one of those "think of the kids" people), and someone's dog was off leash and took a dump right next to us. My nephew almost fell right in it when chasing a frisbee. I approached the owner and politely asked them to pick up after their dog, and was summarily berated in front of other people and made to look like I was a bad guy. So game on.

Again, the few ruining it for the many.

And again, it's not important that it's a big open space. It's ILLEGAL TO DO IT. What part of this are you people having difficulty understanding?? Much like the OP complaining about being ticketed for things he should be ticketed for. What is wrong with you people??

You're of the typical "if it feels good to me, I'm going to do it" crowd. That's not how it works my friend.

I'm glad you had a positive experience with the dogs at the park, I truly do. Many of us haven't, when dealing with these few dog owners who feel entitled to do whatever they want.

And again, that's why they create dog parks and designated areas for dogs.

And again, if you're that concerned for your dogs exercise, it begs to ask why you bought one while living in such a densely packed neighborhood. It doesn't mean you just do what you want because of you're personal situation.

And yet again (see a theme here?), there are lovely, large dog runs in towns like Lyndhurst, Leonia, etc. Dogs can run wild and free all day.

If you don't have the means to get to these places, then AGAIN, it begs to ask what decision making process went into the decision to buy the dog in the first place. Answer: you wanted a dog, so you bought one.

Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute me giving a sh*t about your problems. The difference here is that the law is on my side. Period.

[quote]
Area_Man wrote:
You could always take this route:

Mind your business and keep to yourself unless someone is directly bothering you.

I was down having a catch at the Colgate clock park over the weekend. There were dogs everywhere. One was even nice enough to return an errant throw that went over my head back to me. Thanks pup! How kind of you.

It's a large, self contained open space. It's a park. Let a dog be a dog and run around a little bit.

[quote]

You are ruining it for many.... You had a bad experience with one dog and now you feel that ALL dog owners are the same- after the many, many times that you've said so yourself.

It's not the few that a ruining it for the many. It's you, with you constant bitching and complaining... You want to talk about QOL issues, you are affecting my QOL, and every other dog owner's QOL, by not minding your own business!

Do I have the means to get anywhere I want to go? Absolutely. Not the point I was making. Why don't you get up and go volunteer if you are so worried about the QOL issues. I've thrown out there, many times, to start a neighborhood watch group. What was the result? People saying... "We don't have any authority so it's a waste of time." What did I hear? We are too damn lazy to start a neighborhood watch program so I'd rather go on JC List and bitch about it!"

I AM a responsible dog owner of two great bulldogs. I clean up after them when they go, I even carry extra bags with me, in case they go again. I am the epitome of what a responsible dog owner should be. But then people, with nothing better to do, complaining to city hall that my dog in a fenced in area, with no people around is ruining the QOL of the area because he may pee or poop at any given time. Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

You claim that you don't give a shit about my problems? Then explain why you've posted to this thread 15 out of 103 times... That doesn't sound like somebody that doesn't care to me!

The law may be on your side, great! But when, if ever, will you focus on a real issue? You've dedicated so much time and effort to the whole "dog leash" thing and if that's you're biggest concern about JC, I implore you to step away from you're computer screen and go out into the various neighborhoods of JC and see what the real issues are. You seem to be stuck in this bubble that all dog owners are specifically out to get you. Like we all have this secret vendetta against you to not clean up after our dogs to piss you off! Dude, enough. You've made your point; move on....

I'm neither clueless nor do I need your pity.

There is a bigger picture and a hell of a lot of bigger issues, in which, you can dedicate your time. That is where your cluelessness comes into play. You have this superiority thing, in which, you talk down to people if they do not share your views. Passion is an absolute great quality. I am glad to have someone, such as yourself, living in my city, who takes such great pride in their community. I have that same passion in my community and I take action! The bigger issues need to be addressed before any of the small ones. That's all I am trying to say.

You are telling me that I keep insulting you? No. You insulted me approx. a half dozen times before I slung any mud back at you. Feel free to re-read your posts.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 17:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/12 3:28
Group:
Registered Users
Broken Windows Theory... Look it up. Its time to clean up JC!

Posted on: 2013/7/24 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You're truly clueless and I pity you and those like you.

Guess what, clueless person, I was born and raised in JC, and not even downtown JC. So, I have a pretty familiar grasp of what's going on outside of DTJC. But, I happen to live in a nicer part of the city now, and this is what I choose to dedicate my time to.

And like I said before, keep the insults coming. This doesn't take much effort at all on my end, and I'm making waves and affecting change. It's starting with this issue, where I've learned how all the appropriate channels work. And once that's been taken care, I'll move on to other things that make the neighborhood better. You, my friend, are clearly not contributing to your neighborhood and in fact are engaging in behaviors that are detrimental to your neighborhood.

I've in no way shape or form said ALL dog owners. I've been a dog owner for many years, a RESPONSIBLE one. If you walk your dog on leash, and clean up after them, then clearly this does not apply to you.

You're in the wrong on every issue you've presented here, and you're too self absorbed to realize it. If someone's idea of QOL is skirting existing laws and ordinances and not getting ticketed when caught, then clearly that person needs to rethink what comprises a positive quality of life.

Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Buddy, you don't read very well. I've minded my business, for a long time. Until I was out there with kids (and no, im not one of those "think of the kids" people), and someone's dog was off leash and took a dump right next to us. My nephew almost fell right in it when chasing a frisbee. I approached the owner and politely asked them to pick up after their dog, and was summarily berated in front of other people and made to look like I was a bad guy. So game on.

Again, the few ruining it for the many.

And again, it's not important that it's a big open space. It's ILLEGAL TO DO IT. What part of this are you people having difficulty understanding?? Much like the OP complaining about being ticketed for things he should be ticketed for. What is wrong with you people??

You're of the typical "if it feels good to me, I'm going to do it" crowd. That's not how it works my friend.

I'm glad you had a positive experience with the dogs at the park, I truly do. Many of us haven't, when dealing with these few dog owners who feel entitled to do whatever they want.

And again, that's why they create dog parks and designated areas for dogs.

And again, if you're that concerned for your dogs exercise, it begs to ask why you bought one while living in such a densely packed neighborhood. It doesn't mean you just do what you want because of you're personal situation.

And yet again (see a theme here?), there are lovely, large dog runs in towns like Lyndhurst, Leonia, etc. Dogs can run wild and free all day.

If you don't have the means to get to these places, then AGAIN, it begs to ask what decision making process went into the decision to buy the dog in the first place. Answer: you wanted a dog, so you bought one.

Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute me giving a sh*t about your problems. The difference here is that the law is on my side. Period.

[quote]
Area_Man wrote:
You could always take this route:

Mind your business and keep to yourself unless someone is directly bothering you.

I was down having a catch at the Colgate clock park over the weekend. There were dogs everywhere. One was even nice enough to return an errant throw that went over my head back to me. Thanks pup! How kind of you.

It's a large, self contained open space. It's a park. Let a dog be a dog and run around a little bit.

[quote]

You are ruining it for many.... You had a bad experience with one dog and now you feel that ALL dog owners are the same- after the many, many times that you've said so yourself.

It's not the few that a ruining it for the many. It's you, with you constant bitching and complaining... You want to talk about QOL issues, you are affecting my QOL, and every other dog owner's QOL, by not minding your own business!

Do I have the means to get anywhere I want to go? Absolutely. Not the point I was making. Why don't you get up and go volunteer if you are so worried about the QOL issues. I've thrown out there, many times, to start a neighborhood watch group. What was the result? People saying... "We don't have any authority so it's a waste of time." What did I hear? We are too damn lazy to start a neighborhood watch program so I'd rather go on JC List and bitch about it!"

I AM a responsible dog owner of two great bulldogs. I clean up after them when they go, I even carry extra bags with me, in case they go again. I am the epitome of what a responsible dog owner should be. But then people, with nothing better to do, complaining to city hall that my dog in a fenced in area, with no people around is ruining the QOL of the area because he may pee or poop at any given time. Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

You claim that you don't give a shit about my problems? Then explain why you've posted to this thread 15 out of 103 times... That doesn't sound like somebody that doesn't care to me!

The law may be on your side, great! But when, if ever, will you focus on a real issue? You've dedicated so much time and effort to the whole "dog leash" thing and if that's you're biggest concern about JC, I implore you to step away from you're computer screen and go out into the various neighborhoods of JC and see what the real issues are. You seem to be stuck in this bubble that all dog owners are specifically out to get you. Like we all have this secret vendetta against you to not clean up after our dogs to piss you off! Dude, enough. You've made your point; move on....

Posted on: 2013/7/24 17:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
I know why dog owners walk their dogs off leash - cause they are too poor to afford a house with a backyard. Think about it....just saying.

For your information, I am a homeowner. I own a condo.

I DO know why people here are snarky for posting things that they would never say in person- because they are douchbags!!!!

Who bought you your house- mommy or daddy or was it Uncle Jim back in Iowa?

I'm just throwing out ideas.

On a serious note, leashing your dog is a law designed to protect the safety of other individuals. You may think your dog is well behaved but it only takes 1 time. Also, you may not see anyone around you but unless your superman, you never know.

I rather be a douchebag and hurt someone's "feelings" than be responsible for injuring another person...

But did you read where and how my girlfriend got the ticket? She was in an fenced area, with no people around, on a football field, while there was no game in progress. The cop drove onto the football field (essentially breaking the law himself) to issue her a summons- $100 fine plus a court appearance. The dog did not pee or poop anywhere within the confines football field.

I understand that she was in the wrong for having him off the leash.

My entire point- the posters here are complaining that having a dog off of the leash affects the QOL of everyone.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 17:19

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017