Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Sexually assaulted on Kennedy Blvd, 5:30pm
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone confirmed (other than OP) that a police report was filed?

Posted on: 2013/7/23 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

anti-armchair wrote:
The only thing fake about this forum are these losers that find entertainment in other people's misfortune.

How is that fake? Be honest and tell me you don't laugh when you see someone fall down? I sure as hell do.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 13:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

anti-armchair wrote:
This forum is completely backwards. This woman obviously felt the need to get the public aware of the absolute disregard in her community, but yet she's getting assaulted even more on this forum. No-one here should ever tell a victim of any crime how she should voice her concern. Get off your high horse and give some actual helpful information. The only thing fake about this forum are these losers that find entertainment in other people's misfortune.

It is you MariaElizabeth who has it backwards. The area abounds with people in addition to the offices of doctors, dentists, insurance companies, lawyes & yet at the height of rush hour you expect us to believe you like we are expected to believe that anti-armchair is just some random person who happened upon this board & felt so moved by your plight & our horrid treatment of you that they felt compelled to come to your defense.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
I am sorry that this happened to her - if it were me I think I would have been a lot more aggressive towards the individual I dont want to down play it at all but I dont think I would have called 911 I would have made a scene though no doubt about that - I find it hard to believe there was no one on the sidewalk other then you two but meh - so what was the officers name that came up? anyways..... by attacking everyones screen name is not showing much maturity on your end - if you did not find the response you were looking for why keep coming back to validate yourself?

Good Luck

Posted on: 2013/7/22 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

anti-armchair wrote:
This forum is completely backwards. This woman obviously felt the need to get the public aware of the absolute disregard in her community, but yet she's getting assaulted even more on this forum. No-one here should ever tell a victim of any crime how she should voice her concern. Get off your high horse and give some actual helpful information. The only thing fake about this forum are these losers that find entertainment in other people's misfortune.

Have you read through the entire thread from beginning to end? Don't you find a lot of her posting and comments offensive from the beginning? I understand it was a very negative experience, but she came roaring onto this board, screaming and kicking, and GOT HERSELF into half of the comments left here for her.

I feel sorry for what happened to her on the street, but not as much for how she was treated here.

Flame on!!!

Posted on: 2013/7/22 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

anti-armchair wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/7/22 14:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/29 12:20
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/22 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MariaElizabeth wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Well... Maria Elizabeth has not been heard from today... the whole story sounded so phony... blame the Latino, blame the police, blame downtown people. If she was being assaulted on JFK Blvd, at 5:30 rush hour, why didn't she just scream for help, then she follows him back to Journal Square and could not find one cop/car anywhere??? Or go into a store to ask for help? And with the killings/assaults going on in JC, I find it hard to believe that any cop responding to an sexual assault call would get out of his car, one hand holding a D&D Collatta... both hands would be free. I am sure she slept it off and probably doesn't even remember her pwd.

+1 TheBigGuy

Seems I was about 10min behind you in my reading. I read the original post 2x's & like you could not believe that this took place on the Blvd. during 5:30 rush, in broad daylight with people all over the place. I have yet to see one of our officers get out of their car with a DnD Coollatta. All I can say MariaElizabeth is that it is people like you that jade other people so when something really happens no one believes it. You allege you had 2 shopping bags, why didn't you swat the SOB then kick the family jewels? Nah. You follow your assailant? Please, save the drama for your mama & get help.

You know what "HEIGHTSBRAT" whatever your stupid name is, somebody else tried to give me a cross examination and I answered their e-mails point for point above. I suggest you check it out as I CLEARLY STATED THIS HAPPENED ON BOND ST AT THE CORNER OF KENNEDY. YOU'RE A COP AND DON'T EVEN KNOW THE HOOD. IT SEEMS YOU ARE AN OFFICER AND WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN WITH TOTAL INSENSITIVITY TO ME REALLY DEMONSTRATES THE ENTIRE PROBLEM HERE. I'D REALLY LOVE FOR YOU PUNKS TO COME AND SAY IT TO MY FACE. NOW I'M DEFINITELY GOING TO HAVE THEM PULL THOSE CALLS. I DON'T WANT THE "DRAMA" ASSHOLE, BUT I'M SURE GOING TO MAKE SURE THAT THE RIGHT PEOPLE GET IN TROUBLE FOR HOW TERRIBLY MISMANAGED THIS WAS. THANKS FOR GIVING ME MORE INCENTIVE NOW. I'M GOING TO DO IT FOR WOMEN, NOT FOR SOME POMPOUS, TESTOSTERONE PUMPED COP WITH THE BRAIN THE SIZE OF A PEA. LIKE I SAID, DON'T TRY THE SOPHISTRY WITH ME, YOU'LL LOSE.

When you have to resort to screaming like an idiot & personal attacks, you only lessen the believability of your own story. I'll tell you what, why don't you stand at the location of the alleged assault wearing a sign that says "I'm MariaElizabeth", with a copy of the report you filed. Sunday at around noon will be fine.

Posted on: 2013/7/20 23:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/14 1:53
Group:
Registered Users
Maria Elizabeth-I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you.. thank you for posting about your experience. I find the whole incident very disturbing (especially since I live around the corner from that location!!). I can only imagine what I would have done in that situation, and unless this has ever happened to you, you cannot truly know how you would react, so just ignore the negativity and judging in this forum.
It IS shocking that this happened at that time. A couple of years ago a neighbor of mine was walking down that same stretch in the morning (between Bond and Sip) and witnessed a young man walk up behind a girl and urinate on her. This ended up in the news as the perp was eventually arrested for doing this to multiple women.
I wonder if there are any cameras around that location? Was it near any of the doctors offices/businesses around there?
I hope your complaints are taken seriously by the administration. Please keep us posted!!

Posted on: 2013/7/20 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
As a woman myself, I feel for the OP - this is definitely not a pleasant experience.

However, I do agree with another poster below that your anger is misplaced. You're doing the right thing by asking for help, and yes - there are a LOT of idiots on jclist, but arguing and fighting with them (pointlessly) is taking the focus away from the real incident.

Just ignore them - you're better than that!

Posted on: 2013/7/20 0:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Best to ignore

Posted on: 2013/7/20 0:06
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/16 18:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

MariaElizabeth wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Well... Maria Elizabeth has not been heard from today... the whole story sounded so phony... blame the Latino, blame the police, blame downtown people. If she was being assaulted on JFK Blvd, at 5:30 rush hour, why didn't she just scream for help, then she follows him back to Journal Square and could not find one cop/car anywhere??? Or go into a store to ask for help? And with the killings/assaults going on in JC, I find it hard to believe that any cop responding to an sexual assault call would get out of his car, one hand holding a D&D Collatta... both hands would be free. I am sure she slept it off and probably doesn't even remember her pwd.

+1 TheBigGuy

Seems I was about 10min behind you in my reading. I read the original post 2x's & like you could not believe that this took place on the Blvd. during 5:30 rush, in broad daylight with people all over the place. I have yet to see one of our officers get out of their car with a DnD Coollatta. All I can say MariaElizabeth is that it is people like you that jade other people so when something really happens no one believes it. You allege you had 2 shopping bags, why didn't you swat the SOB then kick the family jewels? Nah. You follow your assailant? Please, save the drama for your mama & get help.

Why don't you call YOUR Momma and get some help punk!!! Why don't you spend less time on here, like Uncle Sam trying to clean your name off the airwaves and spend more time TRAINING YOUR OFFICERS AND ESPECIALLY THE PEOPLE WHO TAKE THESE CALLS SINCE I TOLD THE SAME THING TO FOUR OF THEM AND THEY STILL GOT IT WRONG. The SERPICO among you IS LONG DEAD HOMEBOY, AND AT BEST YOUR OFFICERS YESTERDAY SEEMED LIKE HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUTS!!

MarieElizabeth, If I were to describe the residents of any neighborhood in JC as Crackheads /Meth Fiends / Gangstas / Pimps etc.... and then ask the good citizens of that community to " ignore what I said if you are not one", I would expect one of them just might be offended and challenge my comment. Last night, when you described downtown as a racist segregationist community, I took offense. That is the only reason I responded back because that post was ridiculous... Good luck pursuing your case, I hope you make lots of money when it goes to trial.

Yet, another absolutely piggish, presumptuous comment coming from you and I will NOT let you get away with it. What in God's name makes you think that I want money from this??? All I want is the guy who did this to have been caught, JCPD mismanaged this and I'm pissed. I don't need money from anyone, I have a perfectly good job and am usually perfectly happy with my life. What kind of dirty, nasty, presumptuous accusation is that? Stand down with the nasty sophism. It's not going to work with someone who is more intelligent than you. Again, I would LOVE for you to come out behind your stupid screen name and say this to me. You would never own your comments in the real world, that's the difference between you and me. And just for the record, I was frustrated last night so let me clarify, I am of the opinion that NOT ALL, BUT A GOOD NUMBER OF POSTERS ON THIS SITE, including you demonstrate, an elitist, "don't care if it's not in my neighborhood", segregationist attitude. You know, when I get more energy, I think I'll dig deep into the postings, and show you exactly what I mean. I have friends who don't go on it anymore or who cancelled their accounts because they got the same vibe. Again, I thank the people, like Getz that have been kind, I really appreciate it. "The Big Guy" you're a punk, and if you were in front of me, you'd think twice about saying something to me. Another thing, my name is MariaElizabeth, don't Anglicize my name or change it.

Posted on: 2013/7/20 0:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Women should speakup / charge and the pervs should be prosecuted.

I think that sums it up nicely.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 23:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

getz011 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:

+1 TheBigGuy

I read the original post 2x's & like you could not believe that this took place on the Blvd. during 5:30 rush, in broad daylight with people all over the place.

I believe it.

I was traveling with my partner on a crowded United flight into Newark and she was assaulted while waiting in line to use the bathroom. A Wall Street-type-guy groped her in a way that was overtly sexual, unprovoked, traumatic, and criminal.

It may sound like boys will be boys to you, but trust me, the FBI (this took place in airspace, recall) took it very seriously.

Quote:

Please, save the drama for your mama & get help.

Really: is it necessary to be this nasty?

That stuff is all to common on planes, they have plane sex assault case with the jury right now in the area... this was a teenager travelling alone groped by some perv... the FBI got him, hope he's looking at some hard time. Women should speakup / charge and the pervs should be prosecuted.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MariaElizabeth wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

+1 TheBigGuy

Why don't you call YOUR Momma and get some help punk!!! Why don't you spend less time on here, like Uncle Sam trying to clean your name off the airwaves and spend more time TRAINING YOUR OFFICERS AND ESPECIALLY THE PEOPLE WHO TAKE THESE CALLS SINCE I TOLD THE SAME THING TO FOUR OF THEM AND THEY STILL GOT IT WRONG. The SERPICO among you IS LONG DEAD HOMEBOY, AND AT BEST YOUR OFFICERS YESTERDAY SEEMED LIKE HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUTS!!

MarieElizabeth, If I were to describe the residents of any neighborhood in JC as Crackheads /Meth Fiends / Gangstas / Pimps etc.... and then ask the good citizens of that community to " ignore what I said if you are not one", I would expect one of them just might be offended and challenge my comment. Last night, when you described downtown as a racist segregationist community, I took offense. That is the only reason I responded back because that post was ridiculous... Good luck pursuing your case, I hope you make lots of money when it goes to trial.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 22:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

+1 TheBigGuy

You know what "HEIGHTSBRAT" whatever your stupid name is, somebody else tried to give me a cross examination and I answered their e-mails point for point above. I suggest you check it out as I CLEARLY STATED THIS HAPPENED ON BOND ST AT THE CORNER OF KENNEDY. YOU'RE A COP AND DON'T EVEN KNOW THE HOOD. IT SEEMS YOU ARE AN OFFICER AND WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN WITH TOTAL INSENSITIVITY TO ME REALLY DEMONSTRATES THE ENTIRE PROBLEM HERE. I'D REALLY LOVE FOR YOU PUNKS TO COME AND SAY IT TO MY FACE. NOW I'M DEFINITELY GOING TO HAVE THEM PULL THOSE CALLS. I DON'T WANT THE "DRAMA" ASSHOLE, BUT I'M SURE GOING TO MAKE SURE THAT THE RIGHT PEOPLE GET IN TROUBLE FOR HOW TERRIBLY MISMANAGED THIS WAS. THANKS FOR GIVING ME MORE INCENTIVE NOW. I'M GOING TO DO IT FOR WOMEN, NOT FOR SOME POMPOUS, TESTOSTERONE PUMPED COP WITH THE BRAIN THE SIZE OF A PEA. LIKE I SAID, DON'T TRY THE SOPHISTRY WITH ME, YOU'LL LOSE.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 22:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
MariaElizabeth, if this happened to you, then I'm truly sorry and, yes, it's disappointing and distressing that JCPD responded the way it did. You should definitely follow-up with the mayor's office, your council rep and police brass - as suggested by others. However, getting mad at JCList and calling people here racists because they didn't respond within 20 minutes just before midnight isn't going to help you on this forum. Nor is shouting at people in CAPS LOCK. Even the initial post on the homeless guy thread, which you felt wrongly took attention from your plight, sat there for 50 minutes before anyone responded. You have every right to be angry over what happened, but I think your anger is misplaced.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:

+1 TheBigGuy

I read the original post 2x's & like you could not believe that this took place on the Blvd. during 5:30 rush, in broad daylight with people all over the place.

I believe it.

I was traveling with my partner on a crowded United flight into Newark and she was assaulted while waiting in line to use the bathroom. A Wall Street-type-guy groped her in a way that was overtly sexual, unprovoked, traumatic, and criminal.

It may sound like boys will be boys to you, but trust me, the FBI (this took place in airspace, recall) took it very seriously.

Quote:

Please, save the drama for your mama & get help.

Really: is it necessary to be this nasty?

Posted on: 2013/7/19 22:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

+1 TheBigGuy

Posted on: 2013/7/19 22:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

MARIAELIZABETH: YOU KNOW WHAT "THE BIG GUY". I BET MONEY YOU AREN'T SO BIG AT ALL. YOU WANT TO TELL ME I'M LYING TO MY FACE, SO THAT I CAN SHOW YOU THE POLICE REPORT? YOU ARE A TOTAL, SENSELESS PIG. THERE ARE NO STORES ON BOND AND KENNEDY, IT IS PURELY RESIDENTIAL. MY REACTION TIME OF 1 SECOND LED ME TO CALL 911 AND THEN THE JCPD RIGHT OFF. I DIDN'T SEE ANYONE ELSE AROUND ME. WHY DON'T YOU COME TELL ME TO MY FACE AND ACCUSE ME OF MAKING UP THE STORY? YOU ARE A PIG AND YOU KNOW IT. I THINK MY STORY MAKES YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE. YOU WANT ME TO GIVE YOU THE POLICE REPORT. I'M HAPPY TO MEET YOU OR ANY OTHER PUNK LIKE YOU ANYWHERE, AND SHOW IT TO YOU. YOU ARE A PUNK! DON'T TRY YOUR SOPHISTRY TO DISTRACT PEOPLE'S ATTENTION FROM WHAT HAPPENED. I WON'T LET YOU DO THAT.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 22:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

+1 TheBigGuy

Posted on: 2013/7/19 22:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
?I gave them a description, the first thing I said was that he was NOT black.? ( (I find this an odd thing to say)

MARIAELIZABETH: Why is this an odd thing to say? And why don?t you cut out the sophistry because I can tell right off the bat that your not clever enough to pull that off. I think second to the sexual assault which occurred in broad daylight it is the second most important thing to note in the mismanagement of how these calls were handled. The first thing the dispatcher asked me to do was to describe his race. The first thing I said was that he was ?NOT black? as that it was the one thing I was SURE of. I was UNSURE otherwise as to what race/ethnicity he could be, I said, he could be Hispanic. I?m not entirely sure.

?He turned back three times to wink at me, looking like he really didn't give a damn, while I had 911 on the phone.? ( (does your phone have a camera? Did you scream?)

MARIAELIZABETH; See this is what I mean by you?re not being too bright! Why would I scream when he winked at me? As I said, I called 911 within a second of him forcefully grabbing me and me forcefully pulling myself loose. I yelled that I was calling 911, had them on the phone and they told me to stay put, I wasn?t going to try and run after him to take a photograph of his back. Criminals usually don?t stick around for that, get with the program.

?He tells me that it was a "busy day" (though he was stocked up on the D&D Coollatta)? ( (I also find this an odd thing to say)

MARIAELIZABETH: Enough with the ?odd? milk toast comment. I?m calling it like I see it. It?s my opinion. The way the JCPD handled this call seemed slack. They came 40 minutes after I made this call. I was obviously frustrated and the cop was pompous and smug all the while sipping a cool beverage. There is nothing ?odd? about calling it like it is.

?THEY TELL ME THAT A DT CAUGHT SOMEONE, THEY WANT TO CHECK IF HE FITS THE PROFILE. WHY? BECAUSE HE'S WEARING SHORTS TO THE KNEES, THEY'RE SILVER BASKETBALL SHORTS, HE'S AN AFRICAN AMERICAN KID, AND HE GOES TO ST. PETER'S COLLEGE!!!!!!! ?( (did you go with them? Are you sure it wasn?t the guy? The guy who did it was probably still hanging around Journal Square eyeing up his next victim.)

MARIAELIZABETH: Wow, okay, so you are a little slow. ?Are you sure it wasn?t the guy?? What part about me saying that ?he was not black? do you not compute? For your information, I did get in the car after the cops showed up in order to take a drive around JSQ. It was a moot point by that time, because 40 minutes later, the predator that assaulted me was long gone. He was walking towards the direction of JSQ when he had the impulse to attack me, he was not going to wait around while I called the cops.

?Of course, no response, just the same old racist people on this forum from Downtown who are a bunch of wussies and scared of pissed off homeless people. They ignore a situation that has much more serious weight, because they are deluded and think that they are "safe" in their neighborhood. Ah, segregation is alive and well in Jersey City, unbelievable.? ( I hope you are not making this whole story up for some kind of soap box message or agenda you have.)

MARIAELIZABETH: I have a police report that I am happy to send to you or any of the other punks (?The Big Guy?, ?BeatrixKiddo? (for your sake, I hope you are not a woman), ?Loopy? (what a lame name) and moronicus infinitus, ?Vigilante?). I don?t care enough about this forum to make up a whole big story, especially of this nature, to fit an agenda. Again, the folks mentioned above, are precisely the types of folks that turned me off to having an account on this forum. They were the first to get easily insulted (hey, if the comments I made about segregation in JC and racism don?t apply to you, why get offended huh?)

I?m going to compile the info sent to me by the decent people, concerned residents who replied and write some letters, make some calls. I really appreciate all the positive comments and constructive information. I went online at 11pm last night after I realized I wanted to do something about the way the case was handled and thought I?d post something here.

Please make sure you reply to this thread that YOU started. Please reply with any of the actions you took from the long list of very helpful replies below. I have family and friends in that area that I now have to worry about. That area is not bad at all during the day it is a well traveled route. Especially at 5:30 on a week day.

MARIAELIZABETH: I?m sorry but talk about stating the obvious. I think the reason that I have even posted about this whole situation should be glaring, aside from the mismanagement of the calls, I posted PRECISELY because it was 5:30pm, in broad daylight on Kennedy Blvd!!! I don?t think it?s my responsibility to say anything else to you about it and you should inform your family. I?ve tried to thank everyone else and after I get out of work today (PS BeatrixBKiddo, those of us that live in this neighborhood do have jobs, it?s a working class neighborhood, I wonder if that comment isn?t also loaded with a some good old fashioned prejudice huh? Now I see why I hit a sore spot) I will compile all this info and make a call to the Chief of Police on Monday. But again, I?ve only entertained these banal questions that you have sent, simply because you were trying to engage in some kind of casuistry, and I?m not taking that from you, or anyone else here.

And here is the contact information for the JJ reporters, let?s get this story out there. I know they read JCList so maybe they will pick up on it.

Reporters: -

Michaelangelo Conte
Police mike.conte@jjournal.com
201-217-2431

Charles Hack
General Assignment charles.hack@jjournal.com
201-217-2423

Terrence McDonald
Jersey City and Hudson County Government & Education terrence.mcdonald@jjournal.com
201-217-2419

Posted on: 2013/7/19 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/19 21:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MariaElizabeth wrote:
Of course, no response, just the same old racist people on this forum from Downtown who are a bunch of wussies and scared of pissed off homeless people. They ignore a situation that has much more serious weight, because they are deluded and think that they are "safe" in their neighborhood. Ah, segregation is alive and well in Jersey City, unbelievable.
whoa what jeez. What do you want people here to say? JCList isn't the cops. And it's hard to read something when you don't use paragraphs. I'm sorry this happened to you, but you're flipping out on the wrong people here, especially after only 20 minutes of all us "racists" not responding.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 21:11

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/10 0:51
Group:
Registered Users
What's with all of this blaming-the-victim sexist B.S. on this thread?

I don't think that MariaElizabeth intended for her assault to continue in an online forum.

Obviously this has been a stressful experience for her and perhaps she didn't post in the most fantastic way.

But geeeeeeez!

Posted on: 2013/7/19 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Thanks for waiting till well after dark to warn all us downtown racists. Your posts make you sound completely insane and definitely carrying an agenda. If you need attention and sympathy, next time don't wait hours to post. If you need immediate reaction from us downtowners maybe next time you should just randomly call us and vent to us personally.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 19:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 16:53
Group:
Registered Users
MariaElizabeth, I'm sorry this happened to you.

Please ignore the jerks on here.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users

MariaElizabeth wrote:
Quote:
which is the reason I deleted my account from this forum in the first place

Feel free to delete this one as well.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
?I gave them a description, the first thing I said was that he was NOT black.? ( (I find this an odd thing to say)

?He turned back three times to wink at me, looking like he really didn't give a damn, while I had 911 on the phone.? ( (does your phone have a camera? Did you scream?)

?He tells me that it was a "busy day" (though he was stocked up on the D&D Coollatta)? ( (I also find this an odd thing to say)

?THEY TELL ME THAT A DT CAUGHT SOMEONE, THEY WANT TO CHECK IF HE FITS THE PROFILE. WHY? BECAUSE HE'S WEARING SHORTS TO THE KNEES, THEY'RE SILVER BASKETBALL SHORTS, HE'S AN AFRICAN AMERICAN KID, AND HE GOES TO ST. PETER'S COLLEGE!!!!!!! ?( (did you go with them? Are you sure it wasn?t the guy? The guy who did it was probably still hanging around Journal Square eyeing up his next victim.)

?Of course, no response, just the same old racist people on this forum from Downtown who are a bunch of wussies and scared of pissed off homeless people. They ignore a situation that has much more serious weight, because they are deluded and think that they are "safe" in their neighborhood. Ah, segregation is alive and well in Jersey City, unbelievable.? ( I hope you are not making this whole story up for some kind of soap box message or agenda you have.)

Please make sure you reply to this thread that YOU started. Please reply with any of the actions you took from the long list of very helpful replies below. I have family and friends in that area that I now have to worry about. That area is not bad at all during the day it is a well traveled route. Especially at 5:30 on a week day.

And here is the contact information for the JJ reporters, let?s get this story out there. I know they read JCList so maybe they will pick up on it.

Reporters: -

Michaelangelo Conte
Police mike.conte@jjournal.com
201-217-2431

Charles Hack
General Assignment charles.hack@jjournal.com
201-217-2423

Terrence McDonald
Jersey City and Hudson County Government & Education terrence.mcdonald@jjournal.com
201-217-2419

Posted on: 2013/7/19 15:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MariaElizabeth wrote:
Of course, no response, just the same old racist people on this forum from Downtown who are a bunch of wussies and scared of pissed off homeless people. They ignore a situation that has much more serious weight, because they are deluded and think that they are "safe" in their neighborhood. Ah, segregation is alive and well in Jersey City, unbelievable.

This is very serious and from what you're saying the JCPD may have dropped the ball. This person is likely a rapist/sexual predator, or will be if he isn't stopped, I urge you to pursue this with the Mayor's office. Contact the Mayor's Action Bureau. In the past, I referred to it as the Mayor's INaction bureau, but I'm optimistic that they'll actually be helpful now.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 14:40

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017