Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Aggressive homeless man in downtown Jersey City
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/21 19:56
Group:
Registered Users
What most men will never understand is that sometimes just being a woman is enough to be targeted.

Posted on: 2013/9/4 12:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
blaming the victim - at its best

You're an idiot at times - I seen many a times homeless beggars targeting victims and will even go to the trouble of seeking a location that has 'good' returns on their begging efforts

Posted on: 2013/9/4 1:25
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
thatgirl, you must look like a soft target to beggars. The homeless that beg must be doing some sort of reality on the job physical / racial / gender / age targeting for 'lose change' and you fit the bill or they love to give you a hard time for the fun of it - You could be their entertainment!
Being 'large and appearing in charge' has most beggars avoiding me to the same experience!

Resized Image

blaming the victim - at its best

Posted on: 2013/9/4 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
thatgirl, you must look like a soft target to beggars. The homeless that beg must be doing some sort of reality on the job physical / racial / gender / age targeting for 'lose change' and you fit the bill or they love to give you a hard time for the fun of it - You could be their entertainment!
Being 'large and appearing in charge' has most beggars avoiding me to the same experience!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/9/4 0:57
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I love the "let me find one exception and that proves my point" argument. It's hilarious.

Yes, whole foods and starbucks allow more vagrants to camp out in front of their stores than 99 cent stores/discount stores/liquor places.

Repeat this sentence to yourself and see if you can do it without a chuckle: "I see MANY MORE homeless outside whole foods than 99 cent stores and liquor stores"

Can someone find me a pic of a millionaire coming out of an old navy. It will prove my point that millionaires shop at old navy...do it, please

Posted on: 2013/9/3 20:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jcplanet wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Loopy wrote:
Question for SOS: Do you have to practice being a self-important douchebag or does it come naturally?

Quote:

SOS wrote:
Question for the OP. You mentioned that you were "deep in thought." Do you recall what you were thinking that was so important that you weren't paying attention to your surroundings? Were you working on a solution to world hunger, ways to mitigate climate change, or a switch to a new color of nail polish? If you're looking for sympathy, as you're now aware, you've come to the wrong place. We gave you advice that may be hard to swallow, which is, and I'm paraphrasing -- not a good idea to space out while walking down Newark Street where the crazy homeless people hang out.

If you want to do something, file a police report on the Fisherman with the JCPD. Or instead of being a victim, you can volunteer to help solve the problem.

link

Interesting you dismissed the sexual assault victim and now SOS is a douche bag. really? Look in the mirror.

The real problem here are morons like you SOS that turn the other way when disgusting aggressive homeless bother hard working tax paying citizens. Hope you get priced out and have to move out of dt.

I just saw this...thanks JCPLANET for making my day! I'm having a good laugh right now!

Posted on: 2013/9/3 20:19

Re: Aggressive homeless people in downtown Jersey City
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/17 2:37
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for sharing this story. I think many of us feel harrassed, uncomfortable, and maybe just tired of the growing homeless population. We do need to find a solution for them as well as for improving DTJC.

I'll email you seperately as I find JClist not a place for solutions.

Quote:

thatgirl wrote:
I called the police on a panhandler last night outside of Paradise Grocery on newark near coles. The homeless beggars have multiplied and gotten very aggressive recently. Generally I cross the street to avoid them, it has gotten so I have to cross newark back and forth 3-4 times walking from Grove to Coles, there are so many.

This particular one was a tall, somewhat skinny black man who looks like he his totally out of his head. I think he may be the same man who walked into Grove Street Bistro, walked up behind me, and put his arm around me/hand on my butt about a month ago - same out of his head look as that guy. In that previous case, I was clearly with a date and the man kept staring straight at me for the next 10 minutes at which point we left.

Last night this man stared at me non stop while was sitting on the bench outside the store and was watching where I was going. Normally I tried to ignore him but he was just super creepy and I felt like he was going to come after me. To the point where I went home, put my purse down, and went into Paradise Grocery to complain to them - I have lived there 4 years and for at least 3 they tolerate a begging bum on their doorstep - the sidewalk outside the business is the responsibility of the business owner, and if they were telling the begger to leave and calling the cops instead of letting them hang around there, they would not be there every single day. The people working in Paradise Grocery (who I know are not the owner) were trying to say there is nothing I can do. Meantime the crazy homeless man followed me into Paradise Grocery and stood there continuing to stare at me from the doorway until I started getting really mad. Then this same homeless guy asks me for money when I left at which point I screamed at him to stop f-ing staring at me. So what does he do, but continue to stare at me. It is not just the looking, that guy is whacked so far out of his head he does not even know where he is. I called the police.

The police non-emergency number said if people complain they can assign a patrol to a targeted problem spot.

Newark ave off of grove is a problem spot.
I have complained to the staff at McDonald's before telling them I am not buying anything from there because of the bums outside that live on their steps. That was a few years ago, and they said they give the bums leftover food.

Also, there is a black guy with a long beard that sits on the bench outside the bank of america on Newark near Jersey Ave. He has some mental issue and will beg for money and yell foul curses at you (and this is with just walking by/not looking at him/pretending he's not there). I had two women who I think were prostitutes harassing me for money the other night, not just 'can i have money' but going on and on so I ran across the street. Then there is the couple, the lady who lives in the shopping cart whose homeless boyfriend pushes her around. They don't usually ask for money but have moved in to the block around Helen's Pizza, they seem to live there in one particular spot at night.

The normal homeless man who is usually outside paradise deli for the last three years isn't aggressive but after three years I get tired of being begged for money by the same person on the same spot which no one ever does anything about.

They filmed Mercy the tv show at Lucky 7 a few years ago, and there were like six cops standing around doing nothing guarding that, while they ignore the beggar around the corner. Same thing when Snooki was living in town, it took six cops to stand around to guard Snooki's truck all day and all night, when those six cops walking around could remove the beggars who harass people.

Anyway I am sick and tired of the escalating homeless aggressive panhandler issue. The grafitti tags have also gotten bad. I would like to just move to a better area, but the rents have gone up a lot and it's going to be some time before I can afford to move, if ever.

In the meantime I just want to walk home in peace and safety and be left alone. I also had a different black man than all of the above, this one with dreadlocks who did not ask me for money but stared at me non-stop and followed me for four blocks regardless of my repeated turns and change in directions trying to get rid of him, he was trying to follow me home. This stuff is creeping me out. I feel like I'm going to get mugged or otherwise attacked one of these days going home, and I am not going home late. I'm talking about 6-9pm on a weekday.

And you may not think grafitti is not a big deal, but when you live in a walk-up, as in no doorman/no security, building, and you come outside in the morning and there are fresh grafitti tags on your building door, you know people were at your building messing with the door in the night. Repeatedly. Every block is covered in grafitti paint lately and the building owners aren't cleaning it. I don't know what the police can even do about that, I guess the city could fine landlords for not removing it, but that's about it. I just feel like when the landlord doesn't clean the grafitti of the building front door then that sends a signal to whoever is coming in the middle of the night to paint it that no one is watching the building and that it could be open to being broken into.

Posted on: 2013/9/3 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
People also wonder why I am an advocate for new businesses of higher quality on Newark Ave....it is because a whole foods would never tolerate a vagrant outside their business. Actually, any self respecting business wouldn't either..

Yeah. Whole Foods only tolerates vagrants using their restrooms. Last two times I had to use the restroom at Whole Foods - at Tribeca and Union Square - homeless women were washing up at the sinks. One was even rinsing out her underwear in the sink. Once again, you talk out of your ass.

Posted on: 2013/9/3 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Homeless playing music with multiple shopping carts...Starbucks nor whole foods management asked him to leave. Tolerance??????

Posted on: 2013/9/3 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
People also wonder why I am an advocate for new businesses of higher quality on Newark Ave....it is because a whole foods would never tolerate a vagrant outside their business. Actually, any self respecting business wouldn't either..

Posted on: 2013/9/3 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

thatgirl wrote:
I called the police on a panhandler last night outside of Paradise Grocery on newark near coles. The homeless beggars have multiplied and gotten very aggressive recently. Generally I cross the street to avoid them, it has gotten so I have to cross newark back and forth 3-4 times walking from Grove to Coles, there are so many.

This particular one was a tall, somewhat skinny black man who looks like he his totally out of his head. I think he may be the same man who walked into Grove Street Bistro, walked up behind me, and put his arm around me/hand on my butt about a month ago - same out of his head look as that guy. In that previous case, I was clearly with a date and the man kept staring straight at me for the next 10 minutes at which point we left.

Last night this man stared at me non stop while was sitting on the bench outside the store and was watching where I was going. Normally I tried to ignore him but he was just super creepy and I felt like he was going to come after me. To the point where I went home, put my purse down, and went into Paradise Grocery to complain to them - I have lived there 4 years and for at least 3 they tolerate a begging bum on their doorstep - the sidewalk outside the business is the responsibility of the business owner, and if they were telling the begger to leave and calling the cops instead of letting them hang around there, they would not be there every single day. The people working in Paradise Grocery (who I know are not the owner) were trying to say there is nothing I can do. Meantime the crazy homeless man followed me into Paradise Grocery and stood there continuing to stare at me from the doorway until I started getting really mad. Then this same homeless guy asks me for money when I left at which point I screamed at him to stop f-ing staring at me. So what does he do, but continue to stare at me. It is not just the looking, that guy is whacked so far out of his head he does not even know where he is. I called the police.

The police non-emergency number said if people complain they can assign a patrol to a targeted problem spot.

I have complained to the staff at McDonald's before telling them I am not buying anything from there because of the bums outside that live on their steps. That was a few years ago, and they said they give the bums leftover food.

Also, there is a black guy with a long beard that sits on the bench outside the bank of america on Newark near Jersey Ave. He has some mental issue and will beg for money and yell foul curses at you (and this is with just walking by/not looking at him/pretending he's not there). I had two women who I think were prostitutes harassing me for money the other night, not just 'can i have money' but going on and on so I ran across the street. Then there is the couple, the lady who lives in the shopping cart whose homeless boyfriend pushes her around. They don't usually ask for money but have moved in to the block around Helen's Pizza, they seem to live there in one particular spot at night.

The normal homeless man who is usually outside paradise deli for the last three years isn't aggressive but after three years I get tired of being begged for money by the same person on the same spot which no one ever does anything about.

They filmed Mercy the tv show at Lucky 7 a few years ago, and there were like six cops standing around doing nothing guarding that, while they ignore the beggar around the corner. Same thing when Snooki was living in town, it took six cops to stand around to guard Snooki's truck all day and all night, when those six cops walking around could remove the beggars who harass people.

Anyway I am sick and tired of the escalating homeless aggressive panhandler issue. The grafitti tags have also gotten bad. I would like to just move to a better area, but the rents have gone up a lot and it's going to be some time before I can afford to move, if ever.

In the meantime I just want to walk home in peace and safety and be left alone. I also had a different black man than all of the above, this one with dreadlocks who did not ask me for money but stared at me non-stop and followed me for four blocks regardless of my repeated turns and change in directions trying to get rid of him, he was trying to follow me home. This stuff is creeping me out. I feel like I'm going to get mugged or otherwise attacked one of these days going home, and I am not going home late. I'm talking about 6-9pm on a weekday.

And you may not think grafitti is not a big deal, but when you live in a walk-up, as in no doorman/no security, building, and you come outside in the morning and there are fresh grafitti tags on your building door, you know people were at your building messing with the door in the night. Repeatedly. Every block is covered in grafitti paint lately and the building owners aren't cleaning it. I don't know what the police can even do about that, I guess the city could fine landlords for not removing it, but that's about it. I just feel like when the landlord doesn't clean the grafitti of the building front door then that sends a signal to whoever is coming in the middle of the night to paint it that no one is watching the building and that it could be open to being broken into.

Besides me and one or two other posters, you'll find a hard time getting any sort of sympathy or even empathy from the general JClist population.

And to be totally honest, those people who do not care about the quality of their neighborhood - to the homeless, owners who do not pick up after their dogs, graffiti, trash on the streets, and run-down cheap businesses/discount stores are even worse of a problem than the things themselves.

You should call the cops and report a sexual assault if he is even in your personal space imho

If I ever saw a homeless guy get in my personal space, I would make sure he is in jail asap

Posted on: 2013/9/3 18:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/20 18:13
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/9/3 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

Area_Man wrote:
Quote:

SilveryJessica wrote:
A man matching the description in the OP was over on Erie today walking north from Newark and I unfortunately wound up right behind him. I crossed the street and sat down by Torico's until he left, but he was yelling as he walked along Erie and then he stood at First and Erie for a good three or four minutes screaming angrily at imaginary companions about irrational things. This is the first person I can ever recall over here who was remotely violent, which he definitely seemed to have the potential to be. I am a little concerned because I live right there and walk my dogs all alone multiple times a day.

that's Johnny HardHat.

He's schizophrenic, but harmless. He enjoys wearing hardhats, playing his vuvuzela, and carrying an umbrella at all times.

He wears nicer clothes than most crazies, new outfit everyday. This leads me to believe he has a place to stay each night (family member, or otherwise) but is set free and wanders around during the day. He likes to stand on the corner of Jersey & Columbus and shout at passing cars. He looks lcean, well groomed, always has interesting accessories and props. He certainly has schizophrenia though.

Just cross the street or walk down another block if you want to avoid him. He's not assaulting anyone, so just ignore him. He's not at all violent.

He lives on Erie St. with his brother. Crazy, but not homeless.

Yeah he's harmless. Occasionally he even provides accurate traffic reports. My favorite line of his was him heckling people at an open house for the luxury condos on columbus and grove. He was yelling "and another, and ANOTHER, and ANOTHER ONE SAVED by WEICHART REALTY!" Now I repeat his line every time I see a Weichert sign.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Area_Man wrote:
Quote:

SilveryJessica wrote:
A man matching the description in the OP was over on Erie today walking north from Newark and I unfortunately wound up right behind him. I crossed the street and sat down by Torico's until he left, but he was yelling as he walked along Erie and then he stood at First and Erie for a good three or four minutes screaming angrily at imaginary companions about irrational things. This is the first person I can ever recall over here who was remotely violent, which he definitely seemed to have the potential to be. I am a little concerned because I live right there and walk my dogs all alone multiple times a day.

that's Johnny HardHat.

He's schizophrenic, but harmless. He enjoys wearing hardhats, playing his vuvuzela, and carrying an umbrella at all times.

He wears nicer clothes than most crazies, new outfit everyday. This leads me to believe he has a place to stay each night (family member, or otherwise) but is set free and wanders around during the day. He likes to stand on the corner of Jersey & Columbus and shout at passing cars. He looks lcean, well groomed, always has interesting accessories and props. He certainly has schizophrenia though.

Just cross the street or walk down another block if you want to avoid him. He's not assaulting anyone, so just ignore him. He's not at all violent.

He lives on Erie St. with his brother. Crazy, but not homeless.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cbg wrote:
Quote:

SilveryJessica wrote:

Nah, that's the hardhat guy. He's fine.

sometimes he stands on the corner of Grove and Columbus, directing traffic. not directing it well, mind you, but still....servicey.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
This is why it is important to pay attention...

Don't text and walk; woman's phone snatched from hands by cyclist in Hoboken

HOBOKEN ? City police are searching for a bicyclist who stole a Lawrence woman?s cellphone early Saturday while she was texting, police said.

The woman, 22, was walking north on Garden Street between Fifth and Sixth streets around 2:45 a.m., when a man on a mountain bike grabbed the phone out of her hand, police reports said.

The woman?s stolen iPhone 5 is valued at $600.

Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Hoboken Detective Bureau at (201) 420-2110.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 16:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/17 18:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SilveryJessica wrote:

that's Johnny HardHat.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 14:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SilveryJessica wrote:

Nah, that's the hardhat guy. He's fine.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 1:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 0:12
From Downtown JC/Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/24 0:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
That video was obviously not well thought out... every woman in the world knows to eat her egg McMuffin first THEN apply lipstick/lipgloss...

Posted on: 2013/7/23 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

jcman420 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
No-one is suggesting you walk around in a state of fear. An analogy is driving. In heavy traffic, you increase your focus and awareness of what is happening around you. In lighter traffic, you can fix your make-up, eat a donut, whatever...

Exactly!! I see people walking and texting, facebooking, jclisting, & tweeting like idiots.

I seen a dude not too far from my work on Orchard street walk right into another dude while texting and the dude he walked into punch the crap out of him. People just walk around like zombies.

The person you describe above who "punched the crap" out of someone for walking into them is a criminal sociopath who should have been arrested. I would have called the police and given them my account as a witness if I saw something like that.

Dunno man, when I was a kid, my parents always told me to watch where I'm going. After bumping into enough adults and falling on my ass I learned. Pretty much the same lesson here.

Just last night a little girl came running down the aisle in the supermarket and smashed her head into my basket.
Maybe she'll learn but prob not. Likely just turn into one of the "i'm special" kids and "I can do what I want" sh!thead adults.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
No-one is suggesting you walk around in a state of fear. An analogy is driving. In heavy traffic, you increase your focus and awareness of what is happening around you. In lighter traffic, you can fix your make-up, eat a donut, whatever...

I'm glad you're not the advocate of road safety - "In lighter traffic, you can fix your make-up, eat a donut, whatever" All those activities are illegal for not paying due attention when driving at all times!

Posted on: 2013/7/23 5:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
wow!

with some of the comments made, IT DOES suggest we live in fear and that we should walk around without any creature or luxury comforts on display (I'm going to advocate we all walk butt naked so as not to attract attention to ourselves). A curfew of all children and the elderly should be inforced on any public land and all cell phones need to be banned, so we are not distracted. The rest need to be armed to the teeth and have a 'people radar' to insure we don't bump into anyone.

Nahhh FAB. Just do what you were probably told a lot at school: "Take your head out of your butt, open your eyes, take your ritalin and pay a little attention".

Posted on: 2013/7/23 4:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
wow!

with some of the comments made, IT DOES suggest we live in fear and that we should walk around without any creature or luxury comforts on display (I'm going to advocate we all walk butt naked so as not to attract attention to ourselves). A curfew of all children and the elderly should be inforced on any public land and all cell phones need to be banned, so we are not distracted. The rest need to be armed to the teeth and have a 'people radar' to insure we don't bump into anyone.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 23:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcman420 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Exactly!! I see people walking and texting, facebooking, jclisting, & tweeting like idiots.

I seen a dude not too far from my work on Orchard street walk right into another dude while texting and the dude he walked into punch the crap out of him. People just walk around like zombies.

The person you describe above who "punched the crap" out of someone for walking into them is a criminal sociopath who should have been arrested. I would have called the police and given them my account as a witness if I saw something like that.

Dunno man, when I was a kid, my parents always told me to watch where I'm going. After bumping into enough adults and falling on my ass I learned. Pretty much the same lesson here.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/28 15:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

While I agree with your general premise that people should be aware of their surroundings and that people share a (debatable) amount of culpability when they are unreasonably oblivious, I hardly believe that your example illustrates that point at all.

Crossing paths with a violent psychopath seems more like just "bad luck" to me.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2013/7/22 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/22 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I am aware wherever I go, from Greenville to the upper west side of NYC. We do not live in the 1950's this is 2013 where guns have become the norm and crazy is the new black in the metro area.

If you walk around daydreaming then you get what you get. Wake the fuk up!!

No one is 100% aware at all times, so spare me with that stuff.

You are right unaware folks are called victims.

Really? Every time? Give me a break with that baloney.

Again, no one is 100% at all times, even you.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I am aware wherever I go, from Greenville to the upper west side of NYC. We do not live in the 1950's this is 2013 where guns have become the norm and crazy is the new black in the metro area.

If you walk around daydreaming then you get what you get. Wake the fuk up!!

Crime is actually at a 40 year low nationally. It may be up in some places in JC but overall the culture of fear, the idea that "kids can't play outside anymore because it's not safe," etc. is a product of our increased access to media. We are bombarded with negative information so we think things are worse than they are.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/24/us/24crime.html?_r=0

Posted on: 2013/7/22 17:31

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017