Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Re: Former Gov. McGreevey to head Jersey City jobs commission
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
After his book signing, was Sharpe James in town to interview with McGreevey by any chance?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ey_city.html#incart_river

Funny line, which I'll give you full credit.

I do like how the photo had all of three people in line for this POS to sign his book. It is definitely a book I'll never buy...

Posted on: 2014/3/22 0:09
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
And in nearby Passaic we have another crook rehired by the same town he stole from-getting caught again! Maybe a lesson to be learned here for Fulop and McGreevey . . .

http://www.nj.com/passaic-county/inde ... html#incart_river_default

Posted on: 2014/3/21 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
After his book signing, was Sharpe James in town to interview with McGreevey by any chance?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ey_city.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/3/16 12:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
At times, today?s orientation felt more like a church revival. McGreevey, who attempted to become an Episcopal priest after he resigned as governor in 2004, read a few Bible passages and asked the ex-offenders if they had sinned that morning.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... .html#incart_river_hudson

Posted on: 2014/3/3 23:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you Yvonne for posting this. Why is this ex-convict even working for city government ? He has only paid back less than $400. I guess all current city workers can follow in his footsteps. I posted this article earlier in this thread. I also started a thread with this article but it was deleted.

Posted on: 2014/2/25 18:07
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/25 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you read the story, Fulop said this is payback for delivering Sean Connors, McCann's nephew to the Healy camp. Fulop put Sean Connors on his ticket.

Posted on: 2014/2/16 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
An old story about Councilman Fulop attacking Healy over hiring ex-convict McCann.
http://www.politickernj.com/editor/36 ... slams-healy-mccann-hiring

Is there any other reaction than what a hypocrite?!

Posted on: 2014/2/16 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
An old story about Councilman Fulop attacking Healy over hiring ex-convict McCann.
http://www.politickernj.com/editor/36 ... slams-healy-mccann-hiring

Posted on: 2014/2/16 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
I am going to state this one last time since this very much off-topic. If there is evidence that the NSA snooped on you, and Congress, not probably but definitely, then that means they have harmed your right to privacy and you should definitely sue and Congress should act to dismantle the NSA and repeal the PATRIOT Act.

The hard part is proving they harmed your right to privacy. Good luck with that because you are dealing with a spy agency protected not only by Congress but also the Courts and they will simply say to you 'it's classified.'

not sure if serious

Evidence that the NSA is snooping on everyone? Ever heard of Edward Snowden or are you living under a rock?

Posted on: 2014/2/14 21:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
I am going to state this one last time since this very much off-topic. If there is evidence that the NSA snooped on you, and Congress, not probably but definitely, then that means they have harmed your right to privacy and you should definitely sue and Congress should act to dismantle the NSA and repeal the PATRIOT Act.

The hard part is proving they harmed your right to privacy. Good luck with that because you are dealing with a spy agency protected not only by Congress but also the Courts and they will simply say to you 'it's classified.'

Posted on: 2014/2/14 21:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Cdec, I'm not a JC resident but stay here a lot. I feel ok to chime in, since part of my NJ income taxes go to prop JC taxpayers schools, as well as my own real estate taxes are high because we get so little state aid because it gets sent to towns like JC.

WTF? I suppose it's good to have a stereotypical Republican here. My bro in law was a Republican up until last month. The Bridgegate scandal/rotten prick NJ governor turned him. He's Libertarian now.

Define stereotypical Republican, and give stereotypical Democrat a try as well. And after thousands and thousands of texts, emails, and phone records examined we don't have a single thing connecting Governor Christie to the traffic jams, have we? I'm sure the NSA has also been snooping for info, nothing to show either.

Come on, use common sense. You sound like Christie's attorney. Everyone knows he was connected to the jams. He may not have explicitly ordered the closings but his staff isn't going rogue on a guy like him. They took actions that they knew he'd approve of.

Maybe this is just politics as usual in NJ. But you can still consider yourself a republican yet admit Christie fucked up here big time.

What happened to waiting for the facts to come out, rather than dog piling with innuendo? Isn't it un-American to convict someone on hearsay just because you oppose them politically? It's McCarthyesque, no?

That actually sounds very American. Did you forget where McCarthy came from??

Posted on: 2014/2/14 21:15
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
That is some assumption you have there. If you think a Congressman would allow themselves to be snooped, then you haven't met a Congressman.

In any case, do you have any evidence to support your assertions? Let me even simplify this. Do you have any evidence that the NSA snooped on you personally? If so, what are you waiting for? Time to drag them to court!

They've been snooping on everyone. Where you been man?

Posted on: 2014/2/14 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
That is some assumption you have there. If you think a Congressman would allow themselves to be snooped, then you haven't met a Congressman.

In any case, do you have any evidence to support your assertions? Let me even simplify this. Do you have any evidence that the NSA snooped on you personally? If so, what are you waiting for? Time to drag them to court!

This thread has veered off course but WhoElseCouldIBe is 100% right. Frankly, your statement is a bit naive.

Here is evidence that the NSA is spying on Congress. And if you think government agencies are above getting dirt on elected officials in order to blackmail them and get their way, you aren't very familiar with Edgar Hoover.

http://rt.com/usa/nsa-probably-congress-greenwald-arrest-651/

Posted on: 2014/2/14 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/14 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Shoprite has a special on aluminum foil. It can be fashioned into a hat to prevent the NSA from listening to your thoughts. It also works on small-business-killing-Obamacare rays. Unfortunately doesn't work on benghazi rays :(

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Explain why you think the NSA is snooping on Christie. Perhaps you should encourage him to file a lawsuit then.

Aren't they snooping on everyone? Didn't someone in Obama's administration say that members of Congress have the same level of privacy as every other citizen-which is basically nothing.

Mocking this as a conspiracy is laughable considering we already know the NSA is saving everything we do.

Posted on: 2014/2/14 20:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Shoprite has a special on aluminum foil. It can be fashioned into a hat to prevent the NSA from listening to your thoughts. It also works on small-business-killing-Obamacare rays. Unfortunately doesn't work on benghazi rays :(

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Explain why you think the NSA is snooping on Christie. Perhaps you should encourage him to file a lawsuit then.

Aren't they snooping on everyone? Didn't someone in Obama's administration say that members of Congress have the same level of privacy as every other citizen-which is basically nothing.

Posted on: 2014/2/14 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/14 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/14 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Cdec, I'm not a JC resident but stay here a lot. I feel ok to chime in, since part of my NJ income taxes go to prop JC taxpayers schools, as well as my own real estate taxes are high because we get so little state aid because it gets sent to towns like JC.

WTF? I suppose it's good to have a stereotypical Republican here. My bro in law was a Republican up until last month. The Bridgegate scandal/rotten prick NJ governor turned him. He's Libertarian now.

Define stereotypical Republican, and give stereotypical Democrat a try as well. And after thousands and thousands of texts, emails, and phone records examined we don't have a single thing connecting Governor Christie to the traffic jams, have we? I'm sure the NSA has also been snooping for info, nothing to show either.

Come on, use common sense. You sound like Christie's attorney. Everyone knows he was connected to the jams. He may not have explicitly ordered the closings but his staff isn't going rogue on a guy like him. They took actions that they knew he'd approve of.

Maybe this is just politics as usual in NJ. But you can still consider yourself a republican yet admit Christie fucked up here big time.

What happened to waiting for the facts to come out, rather than dog piling with innuendo? Isn't it un-American to convict someone on hearsay just because you oppose them politically? It's McCarthyesque, no?

Posted on: 2014/2/14 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/14 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/14 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/14 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/14 15:13

Former Convict hired to $75K City Job
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ed_in_welfare_scheme.html
Former city worker jailed for a $4.2 million scam back on the city payroll.

Posted on: 2014/2/14 12:51
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Garden, I don't know when you bought your home; but if you're unhappy here now, the market is pretty good. You should sell and move out. What's the point of living somewhere that makes you unhappy. Quote:

Garden wrote:
FULOP=HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. Very sorry I voted for him (I can't say I wasn't warned). He was so vocal, present, and on-point before the election. He kind of disappeared after he won. Seems like a lot of us were fooled.

Also, I'm VERY disappointed the re-val's been done away with.

Additionally, everything around town is the same.

Counting down the days for when I get to leave for the greener pastures of Maplewood!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure, the taxes are high, but at least I'll be getting something in return : )

So people who don't like Christie should move out of NJ?

Pshaw - it's easy to write stuff like this when you are selling a house in which you have equity and use political disappointment as your reason for moving. Yes, Fulop is a big disappointment but I find it difficult to imagine anyone moving because of him. What did you expect from a Goldman Sachser????

And Monroe, Boris and that Gravy person, when are you packing up your tits and hauling your ass to (fill in the blank, I'm curious where you might consider going) because of your political disappointment. Personally, I hope you stay and continue contributing to the discussion.

Posted on: 2014/2/14 12:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Garden, I don't know when you bought your home; but if you're unhappy here now, the market is pretty good. You should sell and move out. What's the point of living somewhere that makes you unhappy. Quote:

Garden wrote:
FULOP=HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. Very sorry I voted for him (I can't say I wasn't warned). He was so vocal, present, and on-point before the election. He kind of disappeared after he won. Seems like a lot of us were fooled.

Counting down the days for when I get to leave for the greener pastures of Maplewood!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure, the taxes are high, but at least I'll be getting something in return : )

So people who don't like Christie should move out of NJ?

Posted on: 2014/2/14 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users

Garden wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/14 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
@Yvonne...ouch.

Posted on: 2014/2/13 23:24