Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: Former Gov. McGreevey to head Jersey City jobs commission
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
We're lucky to have McGreevey on board. We're getting top quality talent at a big discount. Unlike some posters in this thread I'm willing to give people a second chance.

Posted on: 2013/7/17 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Bob Knapp has an axe to grind and he knows his days are numbered. Nothing more, we can all move along now.....

Posted on: 2013/7/17 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jadedgal wrote:
Who is Robert Knapp to be slinging mud? He currently holds 3 government jobs for a total salary of $108,463. 1) Hudson County-$88,296, 2) NJ City University-$3,750 3) East Newark Borough-$16,417 (but he lives in Jersey City). This is a step down for Mr. Knapp from a couple of years ago, when he actually had 4 government paychecks (he was spokesperson for HC Sheriff Juan Perez).
All salary numbers provided by http://www.nj.com/news/bythenumbers/.

+1. And Knapp supported the SS Healy even after it sunk.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/7/17 14:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/20 14:19
Group:
Registered Users
Who is Robert Knapp to be slinging mud? He currently holds 3 government jobs for a total salary of $108,463. 1) Hudson County-$88,296, 2) NJ City University-$3,750 3) East Newark Borough-$16,417 (but he lives in Jersey City). This is a step down for Mr. Knapp from a couple of years ago, when he actually had 4 government paychecks (he was spokesperson for HC Sheriff Juan Perez).
All salary numbers provided by http://www.nj.com/news/bythenumbers/.

Posted on: 2013/7/17 12:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Chair of Jersey City jobs program predicts fight over McGreevey appointment

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
July 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM

The chair of a Jersey City jobs program that Mayor Steve Fulop wants former Gov. Jim McGreevey to run is predicting a battle over the appointment, noting that only the program?s board of directors can hire and fire its employees.

Last week, Fulop stunned political observers when he announced he wants McGreevey, 55, to head the Jersey City Employment and Training Program, a 20-year-old nonprofit that administers the city?s job training plan.

But Bob Knapp, who chairs the program?s seven-member board of directors, said he believes the board will stand by the program?s current director, Keith Davis.

?We want to work with the new administration, we want to do what?s right by the city,? Knapp said. ?However, the city does not have the authority to appoint or terminate an executive director.?

Fulop wants McGreevey to run the JCETP and work with the city to create a re-entry program for ex-inmates. McGreevey helps to run a similar program for Hudson County, which the former governor says has been successful in getting former prisoners jobs and housing.

Knapp, the deputy director of the Hudson County Welfare Division, lobbied hard for Fulop?s main opponent in the May 14 mayoral race, former Mayor Jerramiah Healy. Fulop noted that when asked about Knapp?s thoughts on the McGreevey appointment.

?I really don?t think it?s going to be an issue,? Fulop said in a meeting with editors of The Jersey Journal. ?His board is appointed by us.?

Knapp, who said he wouldn't mind McGreevey taking another job with the city, notes that only two members of the board have terms expiring this year. Fulop brushed aside Knapp?s concerns.

?I suspect the majority will be fine with change,? Fulop said. ?I don?t think anyone can say that place has achieved everything it?s capable of achieving.?

In the meeting with The Jersey Journal, Fulop again defended his choice to team up with McGreevey, who is set to join the city payroll in September at an annual salary of $110,000.

McGreevey in 2004 resigned as governor after declaring himself a ?gay American.? At the time, he was facing a sexual harassment suit on behalf of a former lover whom McGreevey appointed as a homeland-security advisor, despite the man?s scant qualifications.

Fulop said he isn?t concerned with McGreevey?s past troubles.

?I?m looking at his performance over the last 10 years,? he said. ?It?s probably second to none as it relates to prisoner re-entry.?

McGreevey currently ministers to drug-addicted female inmates at the Hudson County jail. He said his volunteer work there will continue when he begins working for the city.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... cgreevey_appointment.html

Posted on: 2013/7/17 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/16 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
paulushooker wrote:

Quote:

Frinjc wrote: I don't know what to feel about this thread, whether the smears or insinuations from the kids sneering at the "princess" or the sense of "here we go again" after an election that was supposed to give us some fresh air. Anyway, my own take at this point is to give the benefit of the doubt to Steve. I would think that he checked the facts behind McGreevey reinsertion skills before he made such an appointment. In that case he has my full approval, hope and responsibility needs to be spread at all corners of the city.

+1 on that besides, McGreevey's tenure will be scrutinized not just by JC residents but the media as well. He was written up my big news organizations and I think it's in his best interest to keep it legit.

or, you could appoint someone without a history of corruption. if someone cheats on you, it's wishful thinking to think they won't do so again.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
give the benefit of the doubt to Steve.

There's nothing wrong with challenging the Mayor on this appointment. It is clearly controversial and demands extra scrutiny by the citizens of Jersey City.

The Mayor has a stacked deck council on his side. It is up to us to keep him honest.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 1:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/27 23:02
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Frinjc wrote: I don't know what to feel about this thread, whether the smears or insinuations from the kids sneering at the "princess" or the sense of "here we go again" after an election that was supposed to give us some fresh air. Anyway, my own take at this point is to give the benefit of the doubt to Steve. I would think that he checked the facts behind McGreevey reinsertion skills before he made such an appointment. In that case he has my full approval, hope and responsibility needs to be spread at all corners of the city.

+1 on that besides, McGreevey's tenure will be scrutinized not just by JC residents but the media as well. He was written up my big news organizations and I think it's in his best interest to keep it legit.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know what to feel about this thread, whether the smears or insinuations from the kids sneering at the "princess" or the sense of "here we go again" after an election that was supposed to give us some fresh air. Anyway, my own take at this point is to give the benefit of the doubt to Steve. I would think that he checked the facts behind McGreevey reinsertion skills before he made such an appointment. In that case he has my full approval, hope and responsibility needs to be spread at all corners of the city.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 1:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Let's not forget that Fulop did not appoint Ray Velasquez to the bench because he considered it a political appointment.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... jersey_city_judicial.html

Is Governor McGreevey not qualified for this position? Who would you or your king Fletcher appoint to head a prisoner reentry program? I know Fletcher is a Newt Gingrich supporter so likely wouldn't want to waste money on prisoner reentry, but not sure about you.

Of course he's not qualified. Anyone with as many ethical violations as him is clearly not fit for any position with responsibility. Wake up.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
If he's going to provide services to Jersey City, I don't see why Woodbridge would pay his salary.

Yvonne is just bitter about the election, and with her shining knight Fletcher will be criticizing everything that is done right up until election day.

This is an ad-hominem attack and does nothing to address the actual argument - that McGreevey has a proven track record of being corrupt.

You don't need to be bitter about the election to realize that.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
When McGreevey was 'visiting' those highway rest stops, was he using a government / cityhall vehicle ?

If so, is it no different to a recent city employee using a city truck for a similar purpose ?

Posted on: 2013/7/16 0:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JamesBeard wrote:
embarrassment for New Jersey and the Gay community.

are you gay?

Posted on: 2013/7/15 23:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I hope there is an employment contract that includes a trial period ?

Public opinion / perception, employment history, integrity and behvioual trait of McGreevey doesn't look so hot - Has Fulop's advisors given him the full, true picture and done their due diligence on this guy ?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/7/15 23:46
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
McGreevey is a horrible person, a liar and an embarrassment for New Jersey and the Gay community.

He has no place in Jersey City. We don't need him, and we certainly don't need to pay him $110,000 a year for his services.

This is a disgrace and a distraction. MeGreevey, GO AWAY!

Posted on: 2013/7/15 22:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

karmabum wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Every NJ resident I know remembers McSlimey as another corrupt politician, who in his private life endangered his wife (wives) by risky, anonymous highway rest stop sex. And then spent time covering up his public and private behavior rather than admitting it (until forced to under duress).

anonymous highway rest stop sex? tipping into code for homosexuals as sexual deviants? there is nothing to back this up. stick to facts and away from baiting.

Actually, the anonymous highway rest stop sex info came from McGreevey himself:

"All I knew was that my behavior was getting crazier and crazier," McGreevey says of his torrid truck-stop trysts in an upcoming book that details his tortured life of lies and sexual repression.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 22:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

karmabum wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Every NJ resident I know remembers McSlimey as another corrupt politician, who in his private life endangered his wife (wives) by risky, anonymous highway rest stop sex. And then spent time covering up his public and private behavior rather than admitting it (until forced to under duress).

anonymous highway rest stop sex? tipping into code for homosexuals as sexual deviants? there is nothing to back this up. stick to facts and away from baiting.

No, I believe during his resignation when he honorably resigned because he is a "Gay American" (as opposed to a corrupt NJ Public Official who happens to be gay) it came out either from his State Police Protection or the divorce of his second wife that he would leave the free public housing provided to select government officials in the middle of the night to cruise the NJ Turnpike. I guess the Episcopal Church doesn't pay as well as Jersey City for Divinity School Graduates.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

karmabum wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

+1 unless you were the one servicing him in those rest stops STFU!

Posted on: 2013/7/15 20:25

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/30 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2013/7/15 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I voted for Fulop, I am disappointed but not bitter. I expect the person who talked against cronyism and patronage politics to "walk the walk." Personally, he should apologies to the public and perhaps to Ray Velasquez for attacking him for cronyism. At least Ray is a local, unlike McGreevey.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Let's not forget that Fulop did not appoint Ray Velasquez to the bench because he considered it a political appointment.

Is Governor McGreevey not qualified for this position? Who would you or your king Fletcher appoint to head a prisoner reentry program? I know Fletcher is a Newt Gingrich supporter so likely wouldn't want to waste money on prisoner reentry, but not sure about you.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
If he's going to provide services to Jersey City, I don't see why Woodbridge would pay his salary.

Yvonne is just bitter about the election, and with her shining knight Fletcher will be criticizing everything that is done right up until election day.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 17:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
From JJ comments:
Quote:
I have no problem with it as long as he doesn't try and bring in his former employees Henne and Matsikoudis. Two Team Healy stooges.

I did some digging and yes it looks like they both worked for McGreevey?

Joshua Henne, 26, worked on McGreevey's campaign before becoming a governor's aide. A 2000 Emory University graduate with no experience outside of New Jersey political campaigns and government, he held the $45,000-a-year aide position for less than nine months before moving to the Board of Public Utilities.

Bill Matsikoudis, Assistant Counsel to Governor James E. McGreevey is a perfect example of this. Mr. Matsikoudis works in the Office of Governor?s Counsel, where he focuses on labor, commerce, and consumer affairs issues. Specifically he advised the Chief Counsel and Governor on legal and policy issues concerning pending legislation in these areas. He also works with the Governor?s policy staff on creating new initiatives in these areas, including drafting executive orders and legislation.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 2:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I don't care McGreevey prefers men over women but

...but I am concerned when he appoints an object of his affections to an important government post, - and then pretends that he resigns because the State of New jersey is not ready to accept his sexual preferences.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 2:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/15 0:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I don't care McGreevey prefers men over women but I do care his administration was involved in corruption. If anything, McGreevey uses his homosexual relationships to deflect the corruption that was going on in his administration. McGreevey's relationship with men was well known before and after the election. It is better to say "I am a gay American" than to say "I am a corrupt politician." But the fact he would make his lover, an non-American, head of Homeland Security, is astonishing, even his supporters complained.

Posted on: 2013/7/14 23:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If you check the index in the book, The Soprano State, McGreevey, he is mentioned in billboard deals, boss connections, cronyism, ethics concerns, judicial appointments, organized crime connections, parole board influences, tax issues, travel excesses. Since this book is about the culture of corruption, why are we putting someone on the payroll that is a symbol of that corruption? I remember Fulop's words to Healy that "there is a 79 year old grandmother in jail." Fulop was referring to the cultural of corruption in Bid Rig. Simply put, JC is being used to pad McGreevey's pension. The last 3 years of work is counted for pension payout. I guess McGreevey's pay at the jail was too low for retirement.

Laying it on a bit thick. Anything to do with the fact he's a gay pro-choice lapsed Catholic? Can't get much worse than that in your eyes, right Yvonne?

The guy has more than earned a second chance. Stop casting stones.

How has he earned a 2nd chance?

Posted on: 2013/7/14 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If you check the index in the book, The Soprano State, McGreevey, he is mentioned in billboard deals, boss connections, cronyism, ethics concerns, judicial appointments, organized crime connections, parole board influences, tax issues, travel excesses. Since this book is about the culture of corruption, why are we putting someone on the payroll that is a symbol of that corruption? I remember Fulop's words to Healy that "there is a 79 year old grandmother in jail." Fulop was referring to the cultural of corruption in Bid Rig. Simply put, JC is being used to pad McGreevey's pension. The last 3 years of work is counted for pension payout. I guess McGreevey's pay at the jail was too low for retirement.

Laying it on a bit thick. Anything to do with the fact he's a gay pro-choice lapsed Catholic? Can't get much worse than that in your eyes, right Yvonne?

The guy has more than earned a second chance. Stop casting stones.

Posted on: 2013/7/14 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/14 15:00

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017