Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Online petition calls for Jersey City Mayor Fulop to make art maven Brauser art ‘ambassador’
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
With all due respect, give our mayor a bit of credit. If an "arts ambassador" position ever does become reality or if Maryanne Kelleher is on the way out, Fulop will go through the right channels and select a person with class, experience and knowledge of the all encompassing JC arts landscape. I don't see Uta as that person.

In my opinion we need to shake up the Cultural Affairs ship in Jersey City and get some fresh ideas in there. Guys like Greg Brickey, who backed Healy and who works with Maryanne Kelleher at Cultural Affairs, are not what our city needs if we want to be taken seriously.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 14:37

Re: Online petition calls for Jersey City Mayor Fulop to make art maven Brauser art ‘ambassador’
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Vote 1 Chief Comey to be our new Art's Ambassador - Sign our online petition today!

PS - This is not an attempt to influence, pressure or circumvent due process

Posted on: 2013/7/9 14:35
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 23:31
Group:
Registered Users
This thread seems to contain some who are making
a big effort to say bad things about Ms. Brauser and about a simple petition with a request to our Mayor.
It is not about bullying or attempting to circumvent due process. It is a petition.
I think our Mayor will be able to see beyond the negativity that a few are expressing here.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 14:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/29 17:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

political wrote:
She is a great artist.
She has brought millions to JC by promoting the arts and organizing Creative Grove with its positive effects.
Downtown got an enormous push away from dollar stores and rundown buildings because of her.
If she gets any position at city hall, she's already paid for her salary many times over.

Ah No. Zero facts to back up any of your claims.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/7/9 14:08
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/17 18:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

political wrote:

She has brought millions to JC by promoting the arts and organizing Creative Grove with its positive effects.

Downtown got an enormous push away from dollar stores and rundown buildings because of her.

Care to back these claims up with any factual evidence? If you can then great, but otherwise, cool it with the exaggerations.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 13:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/17 18:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
Is there an online portfolio of her artistic abilities?

Resized Image

BAAAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Paint me like one of your French refridgerators...

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/7/9 13:51

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/9 5:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jonjet wrote:
I've been a Jersey City resident for 23 years and only marginally paid attention to the art scene despite having artist friends.

There wasn't that excitement and energy happening like there is now. Uta has given us that. Her presence in the art world in JC is huge.

Wow, pretty outrageous statement. Those artists at 111 First Street (before it was torn down) were pretty unexciting, and so were all the studio tours that have been operating for years. I guess one person deserves the credit for the Jersey City arts scene and all the Jersey City-based art organizations have done nothing for years.

Without one person the Jersey City art scene would shrivel up and die.

Yeah right.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

political wrote:
wow wow! Instead of spending your time online, go out and do something in the real world!
Organise a block party, pick up some trash, go to a city hall meeting and get involved in life in jersey city. Do something positive like Uta.

Could one of these 'newbies' be Uta or family / friend ? Its all smells fishy to me !

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/7/9 13:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/10 2:05
Group:
Registered Users
wow wow! Instead of spending your time online, go out and do something in the real world!
Organise a block party, pick up some trash, go to a city hall meeting and get involved in life in jersey city. Do something positive like Uta.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
wow !

Uta's chance of getting the job has been serverely hindered with individuals like our newbies pushing her name.

Personally I would not give anyone a job that tried to bully (directly or indirectly) their way into a role without following due process (next we'll have individuals placing sums of money in little white envelopes to secure a position). She would not be the ONLY person capable of doing the job nor the best qualified.

This thread alone would be a BIG RED FLAG against Uta for any recruiter.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 5:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 23:31
Group:
Registered Users
I have known of Ms. Uta Brauser for several years, since she started Fish with Braids and Creative Grove. I've been a Jersey City resident for 23 years and only marginally paid attention to the art scene despite having artist friends.
There wasn't that excitement and energy happening like there is now. Uta has given us that. Her presence in the art world in JC is huge. Hence, it seems she has made some enemies and detractors.
Nevertheless, she has done a terrific job of bringing art to the collective consiousness of our town.
With her art gallery and Creative Grove she has consistently brought together diverse groups of our JC; different cultures, ages, and styles make up her scene.
I have not heard of Ms. Kelleher who was Mayor Healy's art's director and continues to funtion in that capacity. But I think everyone in JC knows Uta. I say a resounding YES! to having Uta Brauser as JC Art Amassador

Posted on: 2013/7/9 5:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/10 2:05
Group:
Registered Users
She is a great artist.
If she gets any position at city hall, she's already paid for her salary many times over.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 4:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone that lobbies for a job should NEVER get it.
The jobs should be advertised and a independant recruiter to short list applicants for the interview process.

No more TIME HONOURED PRACTICES, as this is the main problem with our governance.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
JERSEY CITY ? Current government workers, ex-politicians, and regular Jersey City residents have been lobbying for jobs ever since Mayor Steve Fulop got elected.

Most people are doing their lobbying quietly behind the scenes. But at least one lobbying effort has gone very public.

Last week, Jersey City artist and Creative Grove founder Uta Brauser circulated an e-mail that contained a link to an online petition that asks Mayor Fulop to make her an ?ambassador of art and culture.? Brauser, who recently closed her Fish with Braids art gallery because the building in which it was housed is being redeveloped for residential housing, is said to be interested in a senior post with the city?s Department of Cultural Affairs.

?My friend started a petition for me in regards to a city appointment in the sector of art and culture with [the] new administration,? Brauser wrote to friends and associates on July 3. ?This is the link: http://www.change.org/petitions/mayor ... ador-of-art-and-culture.?

The succinct petition notes Brauser?s ?vision and strategic outreach in the community, and her activities need to get incorporated into city policies. Jersey City is in need of improvements, in particular within the sectors of culture and economic development. The cultural scene reflects economy in as much as it attracts business. It would be wonderful if our new mayor could bestow an official capacity onto Ms. Brauser so that she may continue to create and expand the work she has begun.?

The petition continues with ?Mayor Steven Fulop: We ask to appoint Uta Brauser as the ambassador of art and culture.?

At present, no such position as ?ambassador? exists within the Division of Cultural Affairs. It is unclear whether the petition is an attempt to get Fulop to create such a position or is an attempt to get him to hire Brauser as the director of Cultural Affairs, a position that does exist.

The current director of Cultural Affairs is Maryanne Kelleher.

Brauser is a longtime Fulop supporter. Kelleher was allied with former Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy, but has said in that past that she has a good working relationship with Fulop. Kelleher was among the key staff who helped organize Fulop?s July 1 inauguration.

As of Monday morning, the online petition had 45 signatures. Fifty-five additional supporters were still needed. ? E. Assata Wright

Read more: Hudson Reporter - Online petition calls for Jersey City Mayor Fulop to make art maven Brauser art ambassador move could be political push to oust Kelleher

Is that all the reporter has to write about? What an abysmal excuse for journalism.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 23:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Cool!

Posted on: 2013/7/8 23:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/7/8 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/8 22:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Ah, Uta Brauser, who took her gallery to Brooklyn in 2010 but came crawling back when nobody over there cared either. Is there an anti-Brauser petition going around?

Her Facebook still says she lives in New York. I guess Jersey City isn't hip/artsy/cultural diverse enough for her.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Ah, Uta Brauser, who took her gallery to Brooklyn in 2010 but came crawling back when nobody over there cared either. Is there an anti-Brauser petition going around?

Posted on: 2013/7/8 22:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/10 23:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Ahhhhh, the same Uta Brauser who was charging downtown residents 1 to 2 dollars to charge up their cell phones during the massive blackout caused by Hurricane Sandy. I will sign her petition for if she wants to be the Ambassador of Greed.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 21:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
(Qualifications)

1. Longtime Fulop Supporter
2. See Number 1

So let's see 80,000 salary with benefits and a city issued bicycle that she can take home. Good Ole Jersey City!

Posted on: 2013/7/8 21:33

Online petition calls for Jersey City Mayor Fulop to make art maven Brauser art ‘ambassador’
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
JERSEY CITY ? Current government workers, ex-politicians, and regular Jersey City residents have been lobbying for jobs ever since Mayor Steve Fulop got elected.

Most people are doing their lobbying quietly behind the scenes. But at least one lobbying effort has gone very public.

Last week, Jersey City artist and Creative Grove founder Uta Brauser circulated an e-mail that contained a link to an online petition that asks Mayor Fulop to make her an ?ambassador of art and culture.? Brauser, who recently closed her Fish with Braids art gallery because the building in which it was housed is being redeveloped for residential housing, is said to be interested in a senior post with the city?s Department of Cultural Affairs.

?My friend started a petition for me in regards to a city appointment in the sector of art and culture with [the] new administration,? Brauser wrote to friends and associates on July 3. ?This is the link: http://www.change.org/petitions/mayor ... ador-of-art-and-culture.?

The succinct petition notes Brauser?s ?vision and strategic outreach in the community, and her activities need to get incorporated into city policies. Jersey City is in need of improvements, in particular within the sectors of culture and economic development. The cultural scene reflects economy in as much as it attracts business. It would be wonderful if our new mayor could bestow an official capacity onto Ms. Brauser so that she may continue to create and expand the work she has begun.?

The petition continues with ?Mayor Steven Fulop: We ask to appoint Uta Brauser as the ambassador of art and culture.?

At present, no such position as ?ambassador? exists within the Division of Cultural Affairs. It is unclear whether the petition is an attempt to get Fulop to create such a position or is an attempt to get him to hire Brauser as the director of Cultural Affairs, a position that does exist.

The current director of Cultural Affairs is Maryanne Kelleher.

Brauser is a longtime Fulop supporter. Kelleher was allied with former Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy, but has said in that past that she has a good working relationship with Fulop. Kelleher was among the key staff who helped organize Fulop?s July 1 inauguration.

As of Monday morning, the online petition had 45 signatures. Fifty-five additional supporters were still needed. ? E. Assata Wright

Read more: Hudson Reporter - Online petition calls for Jersey City Mayor Fulop to make art maven Brauser art ambassador move could be political push to oust Kelleher

Posted on: 2013/7/8 21:20

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017