Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Anyone bring their pets to MetroVet?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
I took my cat, whom I rescued off the streets and has several issues, and the doctor (and staff) were SUPER professional, efficient and even affectionate in the way they dealt with her. The cat was seen by Dr. Lauren Stoltze, whom I believe is not part of the permanent staff and "floats" in between their two locations. She was very gracious and really a pleasure to deal with. It was my first time there, and I will likely keep going back whenever I need any help or services for my dog and cat.

In addition to the veterinary practice, they also have a boarding/daycare business that is very competitively priced. I can't say much about that service, since I have never used it, but I did see/notice that the entire facility is wired with CCTV cameras, which are connected to monitors throughout the lobby. There are additional monitors facing to the outside (visible from outside as you walk along the sidewalks) which I believe is done to inspire confidence on potential customers that employees are watched as they interact with animals, and abuse or neglect is not likely to happen, as anyone walking by can see what is going on at any time.

In any case, based on my two visit experience, I would give them a full thumbs up. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Posted on: 2014/3/6 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone gone here recently? Thumbs up?

Posted on: 2014/3/6 16:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/5 20:01
Group:
Registered Users
Absolutely agree - Dr Gerard is one of the most down to earth vets I've ever seen and the pricing is quite reasonable.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 21:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/11 21:41
Group:
Registered Users
I used to go to Downtown Vets. I like Dr. Chesney, but I grew tired of the expense there (our vet in Manhattan was cheaper!), and getting a different vet each time (unless I specifically requested Dr. Chesney). Some of the other vets there seem a bit inexperienced.

I started going to Metro Vets a couple of months ago, and I think they're great. Dr. Gerard adores my dogs, and she sits on the floor with them and is happy to chat at length with me about their concerns. She doesn't try to flog products (I had to get some shampoo for my dog's allergic condition, and she suggested giving me the prescription so I can get it in bulk online!) I saw Dr. Fedina recently, and he also seems very compassionate and competent. He was straight to the point when answering my questions about treatment options and prices.

Speaking of prices, they are VERY reasonable. I have been pleasantly surprised at the low figure on my bill a number of times.

The staff at the front desk (esp. Marie!) are warm and friendly. They called me back on a Sunday with my dog's urinalysis results, and always call before an appointment to confirm.

In short, I highly recommend them! My experieces with them so far have been impressive.

Posted on: 2013/9/10 18:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/18 23:28
Group:
Registered Users
I've never tried MetroVet, I go to downtown vet/michael tudor assoc on 1st. But I will only go to Dr. Chesney. Not sure about pricing differences but she does great with my dogs and I trust her.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 20:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/5 3:11
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
I just wanted to follow up with this since I just brought my dog here.

So as the website suggested, I called the place the other day to make an appointment. The woman who answered the phone, I believe her name was Maria, was very polite and was able to make my appointment pretty fast. She just asked the general information about my dog and what kind of service he would need, which was just to get updated vaccinations. She mentioned that the vet is only available Mon-Wed-Fri till 8 PM, which to me is pretty convenient considering I don't get home from work till almost 6.

When I came in for my appointment, I realized that MetroVet was the same place as Club Bark just as people had mentioned here before. I was greeted almost instantaneously by the two people working upfront for Club Bark. They were very friendly and was able to answer all my questions about the place, the vet, boarding, etc... As soon as I filled out my paper work (since it was my dogs first time there), I was able to meet with Dr. Gerard immediately. She by far is the best Vet I've ever been to. She did not make me feel rushed or try to offer any unnecessary things. She examined my dog very thoroughly to make sure he was healthy and gave him his shots without hurting my dog or making him feel scared. She was also able to answer all my questions and also reassured me that every time I bring him in, she would be my Vet. Unlike the downtown vet on 1st street where it like you get a different vet each time you go in.

Now to the best part...the bill. After coming from downtown vet, I was really expecting an outrageous bill. When I received the bill, I was pretty much surprised. It was $50 for the consultation/examination, $30 for 3 yr rabies shot, $20 for 1 yr distemper shot, $5 for disposal. With tax the total bill was $109.

This is EXTREMELY cheap compared to downtown vet. I remember they charged somewhere between $75-$100 for the examination alone! They would also try to make me get other things and make me feel like I'm being rushed out of there.

Overall, I highly recommend this place to anyone. The place is very clean and the entire staff is very helpful, caring, and friendly.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
MetroVet is a satellite office of Dr. John Fedina, whose original practice is the Veterinary Medical Center of Caldwell. I used to drive 45 minutes to see him as he has that "sixth sense" and isn't just trying to rip you off. By coincidence he opened up in JC, and I cannot recommend him enough. His associate Dr. Gerard is also amazing, and again I cannot recommend them enough.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Check your PM (Private Messages)

Quote:

soupydumplings wrote:
Anyone here bring their pets to the new MetroVet on 201 Marin Blvd?

I was told by someone in the Hamilton Park Dog Park that this place is better and cheaper than the downtown Vet place on 1st St.

I tried looking for reviews online but there aren't any.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 12:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/15 4:49
Group:
Registered Users
I've started bringing my dog to Club Barks (affiiliated w Metro Vet) over the last couple of months due to the price increases at K9sergarten. CB is much, much cheaper (22 bucks a day) and my dog doesn't seem to mind. I also like the fact that there is a vet on site if there ever were an issue while in doggie daycare.

Since going there, I have had the chance to meet w theMetroVet docs and they seem knowledgable and very friendly. I haven't had a chance to use them yet but probably will next time I need vet services. I can't speak to the price differences though with Downtown Vets and currently I only think they have office hours on Mon/Wed//fri.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:

ANY vet is better and cheaper than the one on 1st Street.

They ARE expensive, but I wouldn't say they are bad.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

soupydumplings wrote:

I was told by someone in the Hamilton Park Dog Park that this place is better and cheaper than the downtown Vet place on 1st St.

ANY vet is better and cheaper than the one on 1st Street.

I've also heard good things about MetroVet from dog park people. haven't tried them yet. still having good results over at Westside.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 20:36

Anyone bring their pets to MetroVet?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/5 3:11
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/8 20:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017