Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Liberty State Park 4th BBQ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

In the end, it is about being considerate and neighborly.

this line sums up just about every thread on JClist.

Posted on: 2013/7/5 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Obviously, this response is too late to be of any use for the Fourth of July festivities, but I wanted to add it anyway for future use by others.

With regards to grills, for as long as I can remember, people have always been allowed to bring their own grills. Some people bring small Weber ones, while others bring gigantic setups. If it isn't allowed (officially) it is definitely condoned by the state park police. Cops walk around sometimes and I have NEVER seen anyone be hassled, or spoken to. Be considerate, and keep your area clean (during and after grilling) and keep your music to a reasonable level and no one will care.

As for alcohol, I believe THAT is definitely frowned upon. I have never seen anyone get busted, but I wouldn't push it by being overly obvious about it. I have been known to enjoy a few beers, margaritas and even some wine while grilling in the park. If you keep it low-key (and, remain inconspicuous about it) I doubt you will get hassled, or approached by police. In the end, it is about being considerate and neighborly.

BTW, this year I showed up early to get some grilling done and got to meet some really nice visitors, including a Thai family spending the day in the park, and a Muslim group who set up a huge area and brought friends and family and were VERY welcoming, offering free food and drinks to all. I spoke to them a couple of times while grilling and they were the nicest people. Really impressed with their setup, and friendliness. Hope to see them in the park again in the future.

Posted on: 2013/7/5 14:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/27 16:23
Group:
Registered Users
unfortunately for me, the website says you can bring a grill on one page and that you can't on another. confusing.

Posted on: 2013/7/4 16:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
yeah, but you can see the NY fireworks from there.

Posted on: 2013/7/4 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
I do not believe you can drink there either and I would not push them on it... it just won't be LSP Police... bbq is only allowed at designated areas... better get there early for that.... it all should be on LSP website

Posted on: 2013/7/3 22:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/10 2:34
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
There are big electronic signs on the Turnpike extension that say there are no fireworks at Liberty States Park on the 4th.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 20:22

Liberty State Park 4th BBQ

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Couple quick question for folks. I'm planning to grill and watch the fireworks at LSP tomorrow and I wanted to know
1) if you are allowed to bring your own charcoal grill
and
2) can you bring alcohol? I know the official policy is no, but does anyone know how strictly they enforce it?

I lived in DC for years and despite the official policy everyone who cared to drank and the cops completely ignored it. The closest thing to enforcement I ever saw was for someone with a keg, and that was after they decided to "crack down" one year.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 20:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017