Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 16 »

Re: An open letter to the Dog Owners of DTJC (brace yourselves)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
The only person bending things to suit their narrative is you, buddy. The heights is a part of JC, and the ordinances are applicable to all parts of JC, it's not selective. Your comment about the pitbull owners was vaguely racist at best.

So, if this pitbull owner decided to take a nice drive to DTJC and visit our lovely parks, would you change your tune if he decided to walk his pit off leash at HP while you had yours off leash? (we all know the answer, but we all know you're too stubborn and proud to admit the truth).

Like I said, don't change a thing. Why don't we just start advertising the parks as dog friendly so these "not so bright" pit owners know about this oasis? I mean, they are fellow JCers and have the same rights as you, right?

I like this idea. I think the rest of JC needs to be aware of the dog oasis that is DTJC. Maybe get a few ornery pitbulls and rottweilers to start hitting up the parks. Maybe that would change your cocky tune.

Is it even humanly possible for your to see just how stupid you sound on this issue?

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
For those of you who think off leash dogs are harmless, here's a little story for you.

Someone I know in JC was walking their dog ON leash, when someone else's off leash dog did this damage:

Resized Image

But you're right, this is stupid and we shouldn't address it.

And by the way, where were you?! How did this happen on your watch?!

you really could not be a bigger asshole, batman.

Of course it's okay for nyrgravey9 to taunt me after a child was struck by a car by Hamilton Park? In any case, this attack happened in the Heights and on a street. Pit-bulls are common in the Heights and their owners are not so bright. In spite of how much you want to spin it, I never said that any dog should/could be off-leash anywhere and at anytime. If you know my history than you know that much. I am disgusted by people who follow their NEIGHBORS around and try to photograph them so they can shame them online. So far I have seen nothing but dogs who are well known in MY neighborhood to be docile and harmless. If someone were to walk a dangerous dog off-leash near me then the dog owners would be the first to confront and rectify the situation. As in the past, the dog owners have always been on the front line in the neighborhood. We made the park useable by local residents in the first place. Now the new "entitled" folks want to bend things to suit their vision. They pick soft targets, their neighbors, and tattle on the them. Reminds me of when, a few years back, one neighbor got reported for planting flowers and plants in the park. "It's against the law!!" In any case, my way of life won't change because of a few over the top whiners.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
For those of you who think off leash dogs are harmless, here's a little story for you.

Someone I know in JC was walking their dog ON leash, when someone else's off leash dog did this damage:

Resized Image

Of course it's okay for nyrgravey9 to taunt me after a child was struck by a car by Hamilton Park? In any case, this attack happened in the Heights and on a street. Pit-bulls are common in the Heights and their owners are not so bright. In spite of how much you want to spin it, I never said that any dog should/could be off-leash anywhere and at anytime. If you know my history than you know that much. I am disgusted by people who follow their NEIGHBORS around and try to photograph them so they can shame them online. So far I have seen nothing but dogs who are well known in MY neighborhood to be docile and harmless. If someone were to walk a dangerous dog off-leash near me then the dog owners would be the first to confront and rectify the situation. As in the past, the dog owners have always been on the front line in the neighborhood. We made the park useable by local residents in the first place. Now the new "entitled" folks want to bend things to suit their vision. They pick soft targets, their neighbors, and tattle on the them. Reminds me of when, a few years back, one neighbor got reported for planting flowers and plants in the park. "It's against the law!!" In any case, my way of life won't change because of a few over the top whiners.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/27 16:44
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/23 19:32
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheCoach wrote:
I'll say what kind of dog it was - in a shocking development it was a harmless, docile pitbull. Gray if you want to know. I was leaving my house with my son when the a woman walked by with two leashed dogs. As I crossed the street I turned to see the pitbull running out and latching on to the dog in the picture. It took three people including the owner to get the pitbull off of the other dog.
Do you know what his response was? - Your dog barked at my dog.
It could have been my son because maybe he laughed as he walked by.
I know the argument that by nature they are not aggressive and it's the owners fault. A Chihuahua may be 100 times more aggressive but if it bites you they don't rip your face off.
A bb gun or .22 is no more dangerous to the public at large than a semi automatic rifle is when held by a responsible owner. The problem is when it falls into the wrong hands.

Let the games begin.

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I'm sure it must be al difficult and traumatic. i wish your dog has a fast and healthy recovery. Thank you so much for sharing your story. Maybe this can change the enforcement and adherence to the leash law.
I also share the "in defense of pitbulls" sentiments. I sometimes forget to clarify that it's the pit bull owners and not the dog breed that can cause violence. Pitbulls are naturally docile.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/27 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Resized Image

Hope those people sue the shit out of the irresponsible owners. They'll probably win a fortune.

they won't. it counts only as property damage. they might win vet costs, plus maybe the cost of the dog (were it to die from its injuries).

Posted on: 2013/8/27 16:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I appreciate you backing up the story. Please please please do t let this thread devolve into an anti pitbull thread though, I don't want to distract from the main point that the leash laws are not selective, and this is a widespread problem in JC.

And as you can see in this incident, there are real repercussion and damages that result.

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 15:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/19 18:48
Group:
Registered Users
I'll say what kind of dog it was - in a shocking development it was a harmless, docile pitbull. Gray if you want to know. I was leaving my house with my son when the a woman walked by with two leashed dogs. As I crossed the street I turned to see the pitbull running out and latching on to the dog in the picture. It took three people including the owner to get the pitbull off of the other dog.
Do you know what his response was? - Your dog barked at my dog.
It could have been my son because maybe he laughed as he walked by.
I know the argument that by nature they are not aggressive and it's the owners fault. A Chihuahua may be 100 times more aggressive but if it bites you they don't rip your face off.
A bb gun or .22 is no more dangerous to the public at large than a semi automatic rifle is when held by a responsible owner. The problem is when it falls into the wrong hands.

Let the games begin.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
So anyway, asinine comments aside, here's all the info you guys should need if you see dogs off leash and wish to report it:

JC Animal Control:
During work hours (9-5): (201) 547-4888
During off work hours, call (201) 547-5477 (police non emergency line), and they'll page animal control.

These guys are super nice and respond relatively quickly unless they're already dispatched. But, be nice to them as they're a very small group.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 12:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/27 4:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Thank you very much for the note. I will reach out to her and connect you two. I am sure she will appreciate the sentiment and to know your group exists to help in these situations.

Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
Wrote you a PM nyrgravey9

Posted on: 2013/8/27 4:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Wrote you a PM nyrgravey9

Posted on: 2013/8/27 3:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
That's really awful.
I hope the little guy mends quickly and the off leashed dogs owner has learned a good lesson.
Poor little guy, I feel terrible for him (or her)

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/27 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
No dipshit because like every other instance I'm not publishing people personal information.

Ill let her post if she wants but that's not my call.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/27 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Well, I'm not going to release my friend's name and the streets where she lives.

But it happened this past week, and the police issued approximately 5 tickets and took custody of the other person's dog.

I'm also not going to say what kind of dog attacked because then people on this thread will accuse me of chastising a specific breed of dog.

It happened. And it can and will happen again. Vigilante, just because you lack the critical thinking necessary to understand this not so complex problem, doesn't mean you're right if you just spout stupidity over and over again.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 2:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/27 2:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Resized Image

If this is true then lets hear the when and where and other details. Remember the kid at St Peter's who sent himself racist texts?

Posted on: 2013/8/27 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Yeah, but according to know it all, pompous a-holes like JC's own Batman (aka Vigilante), this is a non-issue. I may just invest in a nice Rottweiler, hang out at HP at the Pavonia/Coles area, and let my boy have some fun with Vigilante's dog. I'm sure he'd change his tune then...

"but they're just playing?!"

But he's right. Nothing bad EVER happens when you let dogs off leash in a cramped urban environment.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
okay, so you think leash laws are nonsense and should be ignored.

can you tell me which laws should be ignored as well?

or is this the only one because you want to?

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Arcy,

I'm telling you, for your own sanity, you just gotta do like the rest of us and ignore Batman/vigliante.

This issue on the mayors radar as well as the ward councilmen and women.

Join your neighborhood association and be another voice in favor of fixing this and it will help enact change that much quicker.

25 years on and nothing has changed except for the look of the park. Animal Control does nothing and the cops will never care. Keep dreaming though...

Posted on: 2013/8/27 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Resized Image

Hope those people sue the shit out of the irresponsible owners. They'll probably win a fortune.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/27 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You guys hear something??

Posted on: 2013/8/27 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
ONE OF THESE DAYS ALICE THEY'RE GONNA GET THOSE DOGS!! Zzzzzzzzzzz...................

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/27 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Maybe they'll add Labradoodles to the FBI Most Wanted?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/27 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Don't worry J, we will make sure Coles/pavonia area gets special treatment :)

Posted on: 2013/8/26 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Did you hear something?

nope.

You guys sound like the cops who get the calls for off-leash dogs!!

Posted on: 2013/8/26 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Did you hear something?

nope.

Posted on: 2013/8/26 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
mmmmm here's an idea!

?Cayenne Peppers - Though cayenne peppers will not harm your dog, it will irritate its eyes, nose and throat. To keep your dog out of your flowerbed, grass or childrens play areas grind a mixture of black pepper and cayenne pepper, and sprinkle it throughout your garden or area you don't want dogs to go into. A good trick for getting your dog to avoid the upholstery is to sprinkle cayenne pepper in your potpourri or leave a bowl of ornamental chilies next to the sofa.

Citrus - Dogs find the smell of citrus horrendous. You can protect your garden by placing slices of oranges or lemons throughout the flowerbed. To keep your dog off of your furniture, place a glass of lemon water on a nearby table or spray your furniture with the mixture

Posted on: 2013/8/26 3:27
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Did you hear something?

Posted on: 2013/8/25 19:16

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 16 »

[Advanced Search]

Login