Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 16 »

Re: An open letter to the Dog Owners of DTJC (brace yourselves)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Fat ass bike you nailed it. You're my hero. Vigilante is a clown at best. Brags about busting baddies then brags about flaunting other laws he doesn't like.

Well you gotta get your kicks somehow I guess. Still waiting for his 15 minutes on COPS. keep trying, don't give up on the dream!

Posted on: 2013/8/23 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting how some people will pick and chose what they will focus their quality of life issue on. Instead of being a law abiding citizen, they will ignore certain ordinances they don't agree, to upset others with no or little attempt to lobby government for change (if at all possible), but even if they do and are unsuccessful, will not abide by the 'umpires' decision - our narrow mindlessness / self serving attitude doesn't see the bigger picture on why we have laws for general consensus and social harmony ..... its all about me and my needs!

I'm all for batman doing his thing, but even the batdog needs to be on a leash if its required - unless batman is insecure due to a mental health illness and the batdog is a companion or service batdog!

This is starting to have all the hallmarks of a previous JClister - nondowntown!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/23 0:43

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2013/8/23 1:10:38
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Arcy...word of advice. If you see a guy in the park with black, skin tight tights and a black cape, sorta Batman-ish, that's Vigilante.

He has a special relationship with JCPD where he busts the real baddies so watch out.

Ok, jokes over. Don't get too wrapped up with what this clown says. Learn to ignore him like the rest of us do.

Said the dog fetishist about the guy who actually put people in jail.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 0:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Arcy...word of advice. If you see a guy in the park with black, skin tight tights and a black cape, sorta Batman-ish, that's Vigilante.

He has a special relationship with JCPD where he busts the real baddies so watch out.

Ok, jokes over. Don't get too wrapped up with what this clown says. Learn to ignore him like the rest of us do.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 0:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/23 19:32
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

arcy wrote:
Thank you.
You're right, I am a wacko who takes photos of dogs of their leashes. The dog is still off a leash and its a violation of the law. The law exists for a reason. You're right the dog is harmless. The owner is putting the dog in harms way by not having it on a leash. Other non-friendly leashed dogs could see the dog and the dog could be in trouble. Other dog owners could see this dog off a leash and think it's okay for their harmful dogs to be off the leash. The law is simple. Dogs must be on leashes. Personally attacking me doesn't change the law.

Maybe you should photograph illegally parked cars, cars that run Stop Signs and speeders too? Hang out by the basketball courts or playground and you can get tons of great littering footage. Your stalking of innocuous dogs is weird.

Thank you. I am weird.
That being said, I only photo dogs after I ask the person to put their dogs on a leash and they don't. Also, I only catch these off-leashed dogs on my way to drop off my son/head to my full time job, so I'm not "stalking." It's literally when I'm rushing through the park. I wish there were police and/or animal control officers there to enforce the law and not me.
For instance, just this morning I saw a dog owner with her dog off the leash, I asked her to put the dog on a leash, she did and I kept walking. No photo.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

arcy wrote:
Thank you.
You're right, I am a wacko who takes photos of dogs of their leashes. The dog is still off a leash and its a violation of the law. The law exists for a reason. You're right the dog is harmless. The owner is putting the dog in harms way by not having it on a leash. Other non-friendly leashed dogs could see the dog and the dog could be in trouble. Other dog owners could see this dog off a leash and think it's okay for their harmful dogs to be off the leash. The law is simple. Dogs must be on leashes. Personally attacking me doesn't change the law.

Maybe you should photograph illegally parked cars, cars that run Stop Signs and speeders too? Hang out by the basketball courts or playground and you can get tons of great littering footage. Your stalking of innocuous dogs is weird.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 23:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 23:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Arcy, you sound like a wacko. Your profile speaks volumes. That dog is HARMLESS and your over protective mommying makes me sick to my stomach. Are you not the same woman who drags your kid around the park stalking dog owners and whining aloud? Get a life. Old people look for problems.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
arcy wrote: Another dog in the park without a leash this morning at 8:30.when I asked the dog owner to put the dog on the leash he said "yeah okay" but didn't. I continued to ask him to and said I would call animal control. When he said, "get a life" I pulled out my camera (iPhone). That's when he said, "if you take a photo with your phone, I'll knock it out of your hand." I took the photo anyway. We need signs in the park that say "dogs must be on leashes." Resized Image
[img width=300]Image and video hosting by TinyPic[/img]
A little more discretion could have been used - Some people might follow through on a threat. A photo of just a dog is nearly impossible to enforce - It would be better to have a picture of the owner and then their car license plate or address ....its nearly impossible to give a ticket to a dog off leash via a photo .... you need something to id the owner (car / house etc)

Posted on: 2013/8/22 22:13
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
well now this is tragic. and completely preventable with $5 worth of nylon.

http://laist.com/2013/08/14/man_dog_killed_by_bus.php

Posted on: 2013/8/22 21:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

arcy wrote:
Another dog in the park without a leash this morning at 8:30.when I asked the dog owner to put the dog on the leash he said "yeah okay" but didn't. I continued to ask him to and said I would call animal control. When he said, "get a life" I pulled out my camera (iPhone). That's when he said, "if you take a photo with your phone, I'll knock it out of your hand." I took the photo anyway. We need signs in the park that say "dogs must be on leashes."

Even after he told you not to take the picture you went and did it anyway. What a way to provoke a situation and bring in law enforcement when this could have been prevented. We don't have enough cops as it is why take them away from a more important task. You could have got yourself injured or worse killed. Call a cop next time it's what they get paid to do.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 16:39
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I've never been a fan of posting pics/names of these people, but I'm not going to tell anyone what they should do.

If this person did smack the phone out of your hand, you'd have more reason to call the police and report the person. I'm sure they'd respond much quicker in that situation.

Just be careful with this stuff. I/we understand most dog owners are not like this tool. But, when approaching people politely and asking them to follow the rules, this type of stuff can and does happen.

Appreciate the persistence, Arcy.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

arcy wrote:
Another dog in the park without a leash this morning at 8:30.when I asked the dog owner to put the dog on the leash he said "yeah okay" but didn't. I continued to ask him to and said I would call animal control. When he said, "get a life" I pulled out my camera (iPhone). That's when he said, "if you take a photo with your phone, I'll knock it out of your hand." I took the photo anyway. We need signs in the park that say "dogs must be on leashes."

there are such signs, but they're on the gates of the dog runs, which asshats like this guy are too cool to use.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 15:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Another dog in the park without a leash this morning at 8:30.when I asked the dog owner to put the dog on the leash he said "yeah okay" but didn't. I continued to ask him to and said I would call animal control. When he said, "get a life" I pulled out my camera (iPhone). That's when he said, "if you take a photo with your phone, I'll knock it out of your hand." I took the photo anyway. We need signs in the park that say "dogs must be on leashes." [img width=300]Image and video hosting by TinyPic[/img]

Posted on: 2013/8/21 14:56

Edited by Webmaster on 2013/8/23 3:41:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/21 7:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/20 11:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

daisyduke wrote:
Counted 5 off leash dogs in the pet free zones in HP yesterday and this AM. What is the proper course of action? Ask them if
the dog run is out of order? Call animal control?

Were they doing awful things or does it just insult your sensibilities? Old people look for problems.

So do liability insurance companies.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 10:56
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

daisyduke wrote:
Counted 5 off leash dogs in the pet free zones in HP yesterday and this AM. What is the proper course of action? Ask them if

Were they doing awful things or does it just insult your sensibilities? Old people look for problems.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
the non-emergency police line (201) 547-4888 works very well ... they usually are very responsive ...

It's 201-547-5477.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 20:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LAM1959 wrote:
Wow. This got intense. I just want to know who the people are who scoop the dog poop, wrap it in a little plastic bag, then leave the bag on the street corner...or sometimes bring it into the front area of my building and leave it right next to our trash cans.

Very mysterious to me.

these people baffle me, too. it's like you came this far! why stop now?

weirdos.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
the non-emergency police line (201) 547-4888 works very well ... they usually are very responsive ...

Posted on: 2013/8/19 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You can call animal control at (201) 547-4888.

If it's after hours (or before), you have to call the non-emergency police line at (201) 547-5477, and they will dispatch animal control.

Quote:

daisyduke wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/19 19:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/14 16:17
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/19 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Apologies for the inaccuracy. I only spoke with him for a few minutes about the park (and then we talked about other stuff), and I mistakenly heard him say the pitbull situation happened at Morris. I have no pitbull bias, so again, I apologize for the inaccuracy.

But, yes, he (and the animal control department) is super nice. The bulk of my conversation with him was about NOT fining people so quickly but rather to focus on awareness. His advice was, and I quote "be annoying, keep calling it in when you see it. Tell others to too. Then, the mayor's office will do something."

Either way, it's great to see the mayor's office responding.

Quote:

dudsJC wrote:
FYI, fellow dog owners -

I spoke with the animal control officer who was at Morris Canal on Friday. He was extremely nice and helpful and I had a great conversation with him regarding how JC is handling this blog specifically and the much larger issue it has caused. I would encourage you all to introduce yourself and say hello if you see him in the coming weeks.

The Mayor's office is enforcing animal control/police officers to be at the park because of repeat complaints. He thinks the people/dog owners of Morris Canal park are "beautiful people" and he does not want to cause any issues. He was honestly one of the nicest people I've met in Jersey City.

If he sees you with your pet off-leash, he will kindly ask you to put your pet back on the leash. If you do not, that is when he will issue you a ticket (which I don't blame him for doing). I'm sure the only time he would take your pet away would be if you caused a larger issue - he mentioned he had a few issues in the 'bad' area of JC a few days ago. NEVER in Morris Canal. Again, the people here are 'beautiful people' and he has never had an issue.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with your breed of dog and nygravey9 is one of the reasons pitbulls get such a bad rep.

PM me if you have any specific questions - I am a dog owner and frequent of the park and happy to share other helpful information he provided.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 16:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
FYI, fellow dog owners -

I spoke with the animal control officer who was at Morris Canal on Friday. He was extremely nice and helpful and I had a great conversation with him regarding how JC is handling this blog specifically and the much larger issue it has caused. I would encourage you all to introduce yourself and say hello if you see him in the coming weeks.

The Mayor's office is enforcing animal control/police officers to be at the park because of repeat complaints. He thinks the people/dog owners of Morris Canal park are "beautiful people" and he does not want to cause any issues. He was honestly one of the nicest people I've met in Jersey City.

If he sees you with your pet off-leash, he will kindly ask you to put your pet back on the leash. If you do not, that is when he will issue you a ticket (which I don't blame him for doing). I'm sure the only time he would take your pet away would be if you caused a larger issue - he mentioned he had a few issues in the 'bad' area of JC a few days ago. NEVER in Morris Canal. Again, the people here are 'beautiful people' and he has never had an issue.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with your breed of dog and nygravey9 is one of the reasons pitbulls get such a bad rep.

PM me if you have any specific questions - I am a dog owner and frequent of the park and happy to share other helpful information he provided.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
FYI, per one of the JC animal control officers, the fine for off leash dogs is $250 plus possible confiscation of your dog (I didn't know that part). They recently fined and confiscated a person's dog at the Morris Canal Park. I don't know if it was because the dog was a pitbull (probably), or because the owner had warrants (probably as well), but the officer said that both the fine and the confiscation can happen to anyone if they don't comply after being asked to.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 13:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

jcdd wrote:
I would just be happy if the dog owners in jersey city didn't let their dogs poop on the sidewalk -- then have the additional gall to not pick it up. Do we live in a third world country? If you are going to have a dog in a city where you have to share the streets and space with thousands of others, find a spot where your dog can poop in a non traveled area and then make sure you do a spotless job cleaning it up. Then dispose of the poop in YOUR trashcan. Nobody else wants to smell it in theirs or have to walk by smelling it in public trash cans. Seriously, all this poop around town is truly disgusting and a health hazard.

Now people can't use a public trash can in which they're putting trash? You sound like an imbecile. I mean that is an all time stupid comment. This is why the cops ignore dog complaints. There is no satisfying you anal-retentive freaks. "Ewww, dirty! Dirty!" Weirdos.

You're saying people who don't like dog poop are weirdos? When you encounter dog poop, do you go "MmMm, Give it to me! Give it to me!"

It's okay if you do but that is kinda of weird if you ask me...

Read the persons comment dopey. They are complaining because poop IS picked up and placed IN a garbage can. Yes, that makes them weird.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 13:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

jcdd wrote:
I would just be happy if the dog owners in jersey city didn't let their dogs poop on the sidewalk -- then have the additional gall to not pick it up. Do we live in a third world country? If you are going to have a dog in a city where you have to share the streets and space with thousands of others, find a spot where your dog can poop in a non traveled area and then make sure you do a spotless job cleaning it up. Then dispose of the poop in YOUR trashcan. Nobody else wants to smell it in theirs or have to walk by smelling it in public trash cans. Seriously, all this poop around town is truly disgusting and a health hazard.

Now people can't use a public trash can in which they're putting trash? You sound like an imbecile. I mean that is an all time stupid comment. This is why the cops ignore dog complaints. There is no satisfying you anal-retentive freaks. "Ewww, dirty! Dirty!" Weirdos.

You're saying people who don't like dog poop are weirdos? When you encounter dog poop, do you go "MmMm, Give it to me! Give it to me!"

It's okay if you do but that is kinda of weird if you ask me...

Posted on: 2013/8/19 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jcdd wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/19 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/3 1:43
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/8/18 23:44

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 16 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017