Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 16 »

Re: An open letter to the Dog Owners of DTJC (brace yourselves)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/20 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Wow. This got intense. I just want to know who the people are who scoop the dog poop, wrap it in a little plastic bag, then leave the bag on the street corner...or sometimes bring it into the front area of my building and leave it right next to our trash cans.

Very mysterious to me.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 21:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I love the notion of some JClisters - If I don't know about it or see it, then it must not exist. I also love the notion of some JClisters when pointing out how a certain situation can be exploited that I also mean that its ACTUALLY being exploited on a grand scale.
I empathize with all the partners of these JClisters that have to deal with individuals like this - I'm sure by now the partners have worked out when a conversation or sharing of an idea degenerates to cursing or personal attacks that you have hit a raw nerve and best to stop, before the possibility of any physical attack could occur!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/16 23:11
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
My mistake. Apologies, you didn't specify.

I deleted the previous note but most of it still applies RE: shaming etc.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Of course the topic, from the get go, is confrontational in nature. And when pushed, you better believe ill push back harder.

But there's a difference between lively debate and public shaming and posting someone's personal info. No one said you did anything so just relax.

No one invited you either. So feel free to I abstain from the thread if you need to, no one will take offense.

Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Enough said about what? You decided to take it upon yourself to be confrontational from the get go and chime in when my post had nothing to do with you? I never posted the photo, and I don't intend to at this point. The only reason we had this exchange today is because you decided to stir it up. The next time you feel the need to stir up BS with people, do us both a favor and keep me out of it.

Wasn't talking to you, unless this is dtjcview posting on another account.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Enough said about what? You decided to take it upon yourself to be confrontational from the get go and chime in when my post had nothing to do with you? I never posted the photo, and I don't intend to at this point. The only reason we had this exchange today is because you decided to stir it up. The next time you feel the need to stir up BS with people, do us both a favor and keep me out of it.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 17:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
If anyone cares, I'm not in favor of posting people's names or pictures. You can do what you want, but I don't advocate that.

The best you can do is call JCPD mon emergency number, get them to give the offender a ticket. Demand it.

Those are the proper channels that should be used.

Approaching irresponsible dog owners is as useless as pissing in the wind (or tits on a bull). Why put that on yourself? You can't reason with them.

You'd be better served calling cops, showing them the code and demand a fine be issued.

+1

I totally agree.

@previous poster: http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=322980

Enough said.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
If anyone cares, I'm not in favor of posting people's names or pictures. You can do what you want, but I don't advocate that.

The best you can do is call JCPD mon emergency number, get them to give the offender a ticket. Demand it.

Those are the proper channels that should be used.

Approaching irresponsible dog owners is as useless as pissing in the wind (or tits on a bull). Why put that on yourself? You can't reason with them.

You'd be better served calling cops, showing them the code and demand a fine be issued.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

Funny you would refer to nazis. I'm a Jew you piece of crap.

And how does being a Jew entitle you to take the law into your own hands? You can't seem to post a coherent thought without labeling someone, including yourself.

You labeling me a "Nazi" and a "racist" has everything to do with me being a Jew. Seriously, you really should just leave that alone. I wanted to expose the person who let their dog crap all over MY street...that's what entitles me. It's the street I live on, and my street has enough dog crap on it. However, I never did do it, but you couldn't leave well enough alone. You felt the need to stir it up. Hence, I think JClist would be much better off without you here.

I did not call you a "Nazi" nor a "racist", but I did imply you were thinking like one when you threatened to take the law into your own hands. Big difference. Read what I posted again. I think you have reacted to a word or two and not the meaning.

Back to the topic at hand, what "law" would I be violating by exposing a repeat offender? Is there a written law somewhere that states I'm not lawfully allowed to post my own video/photo of this offender who repeatedly feels entitled to allow their property to crap all over other people's streets? If the webmaster is opposed to me posting the photo on this site, then I'll respect his wish not to post it. Other than that, this matter doesn't concern you unless you are the person in question or related to her. You're a self-righteous busy body with way too much time on their hands. Stay out of other people's business.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Area man, yes I've been a dog
Owner for many years. I owned a beagle, and love dogs.

Why do you ask?

Posted on: 2013/8/16 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

And how does being a Jew entitle you to take the law into your own hands? You can't seem to post a coherent thought without labeling someone, including yourself.

You labeling me a "Nazi" and a "racist" has everything to do with me being a Jew. Seriously, you really should just leave that alone. I wanted to expose the person who let their dog crap all over MY street...that's what entitles me. It's the street I live on, and my street has enough dog crap on it. However, I never did do it, but you couldn't leave well enough alone. You felt the need to stir it up. Hence, I think JClist would be much better off without you here.

I did not call you a "Nazi" nor a "racist", but I did imply you were thinking like one when you threatened to take the law into your own hands. Big difference. Read what I posted again. I think you have reacted to a word or two and not the meaning.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/16 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
I would love for this thread to be closed and dtjcview banned from this site. I'm tired of their constant need for confrontation, and now their anti-semitism. Webmaster, please just close this thread. Thanks.

The only thing I confronted was your incessant name calling and labeling people. And what anti-semitism? SMH.

Webmaster - please read through the posts, and make your own call. Judge for yourself who's posts were or were not constructive.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/16 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I would love for this thread to be closed and dtjcview banned from this site. I'm tired of their constant need for confrontation, and now their anti-semitism. Webmaster, please just close this thread. Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
And, with this, I declare this thread closed, as empowered and prescribed by Godwin's Law.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law]Godwin's Law[/url]

Posted on: 2013/8/16 16:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/17 18:13
Group:
Registered Users
Out of curiosity, have you ever been a dog owner?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
I'm not telling anybody what dog they should own, so relax. If you live in a cramped, urban environment, and are unwilling, or lack the means (i.e. a car) to travel to towns with large dogs runs (North Arlington, Leonia), it's pretty selfish to expect an entire city to just adjust everything for you.

Lack or preparation and thinking ahead on your part does constitute an emergency on our part.

But to everyone else, maybe settle down a little on the name calling. Joking around is one thing, but the back and forth name calling doesn't get us any closer to a solution.

The original purpose of this message was to let irresponsible dog owners know there is a growing unrest around their behaviors, and that there is a formal and persistent effort to do something about it.

I know it's a sensitive topic. But the substantive discussions are happening within neighborhood associations and with ward councilpersons.

There have been a few good ideas thrown out there amongst all the blabbering, and all will be considered when the solutions are implemented.

Quote:

Area_Man wrote:
Are you seriously criticizing people for the kind of dogs they own?

Please, tell us which breeds you approve for urban living.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Correct djjcview. Asking an owner of an active dog why they bought an active dog in a cramped city with no official resources for them to utilize would be a much, much better question.

No one wants to answer that question, though. The usual answers are "who are you tell me what I can own" or something more rude to that effect. It's a reasonable question to ask to someone older than 5 years old, who, one would hope, operates on more than the id.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Service dog fraud is a problem in JC? Really?

I don't know anyone with a service dog in JC. But I know plenty of people in JC with serious disabilities like epilepsy that have companion dogs, but are not registered as service dogs. It's also why I have a concern with the confrontational tone of some folks on this thread. If you have an issue with dog owners violating ordinances, go through the proper channels.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Where I believe the abuse / fraud of the ADA is occuring is with those that use a psychiatic disability (where there might not be one) to have a certified 'service dog'. The link I provide shows how easy it is to get your dog certified which is then impossible for the authories to confirm. I'm not suggesting that store owners have the power to check the validity of a service dog owner condition as it would also be a privacy issue, but rather how do the authories check to confirm a persons need for a service dog - Its a huge grey area with no checks and balances.

If I had a dog, I could fill in the application on the link I provided, then take my dog everywhere I go and falsely claim I have a mental health issue and my 'service dog' helps keep me calm, gives me the opportunity or courage to venture outside my property plus helps reduce my anxierty in public. This then also exempts me from having my dog on a leash when its time for poop as its trained not to poop on leach.

The 'service dog' certification can be exploited and like disabled parking permits there seems to be a need to have checks and balances for authories to fall back on, then just the word of the dog owner!

Awwww. You have a problem with the "confrontational tone" of some people on this website. Happy Friday to you too, champion of dog crap.

Still assigning labels to people, because reading, thinking and debating is too difficult? Still threatening to dump dog crap on people's doorsteps?

Still being the same self-righteous defender of people who should be held accountable for their misdeeds? You love dog crap, hence you get the title you have well-deserved.

And you think YOU should hold people accountable, and not leave it to the proper authorities? Racists and nazis also took the law into their own hands. You exhibit the same bird-brain thinking. I suggest you leave your seagull crap elsewhere.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I'm not telling anybody what dog they should own, so relax. If you live in a cramped, urban environment, and are unwilling, or lack the means (i.e. a car) to travel to towns with large dogs runs (North Arlington, Leonia), it's pretty selfish to expect an entire city to just adjust everything for you.

Lack or preparation and thinking ahead on your part does constitute an emergency on our part.

But to everyone else, maybe settle down a little on the name calling. Joking around is one thing, but the back and forth name calling doesn't get us any closer to a solution.

The original purpose of this message was to let irresponsible dog owners know there is a growing unrest around their behaviors, and that there is a formal and persistent effort to do something about it.

I know it's a sensitive topic. But the substantive discussions are happening within neighborhood associations and with ward councilpersons.

There have been a few good ideas thrown out there amongst all the blabbering, and all will be considered when the solutions are implemented.

Quote:

Area_Man wrote:

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Correct djjcview. Asking an owner of an active dog why they bought an active dog in a cramped city with no official resources for them to utilize would be a much, much better question.

No one wants to answer that question, though. The usual answers are "who are you tell me what I can own" or something more rude to that effect. It's a reasonable question to ask to someone older than 5 years old, who, one would hope, operates on more than the id.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 15:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/17 18:13
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/16 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Where I believe the abuse / fraud of the ADA is occuring is with those that use a psychiatic disability (where there might not be one) to have a certified 'service dog'. The link I provide shows how easy it is to get your dog certified which is then impossible for the authories to confirm. I'm not suggesting that store owners have the power to check the validity of a service dog owner condition as it would also be a privacy issue, but rather how do the authories check to confirm a persons need for a service dog - Its a huge grey area with no checks and balances.

If I had a dog, I could fill in the application on the link I provided, then take my dog everywhere I go and falsely claim I have a mental health issue and my 'service dog' helps keep me calm, gives me the opportunity or courage to venture outside my property plus helps reduce my anxierty in public. This then also exempts me from having my dog on a leash when its time for poop as its trained not to poop on leach.

The 'service dog' certification can be exploited and like disabled parking permits there seems to be a need to have checks and balances for authories to fall back on, then just the word of the dog owner!

There is a difference between a "service animal" and a "companion animal". A companion animal is not given the same rights as a service animal. But you obviously already know that. I mean, I'm sure you've done your research on the subject. You don't seem at all to be the type to go off half-cocked without all the information.

Oh, right. I forgot, you're basically just a know-nothing jerk-off.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

I don't know anyone with a service dog in JC. But I know plenty of people in JC with serious disabilities like epilepsy that have companion dogs, but are not registered as service dogs. It's also why I have a concern with the confrontational tone of some folks on this thread. If you have an issue with dog owners violating ordinances, go through the proper channels.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Awwww. You have a problem with the "confrontational tone" of some people on this website. Happy Friday to you too, champion of dog crap.

Still assigning labels to people, because reading, thinking and debating is too difficult? Still threatening to dump dog crap on people's doorsteps?

Still being the same self-righteous defender of people who should be held accountable for their misdeeds? You love dog crap, hence you get the title you have well-deserved.

And you think YOU should hold people accountable, and not leave it to the proper authorities? Racists and nazis also took the law into their own hands. You exhibit the same bird-brain thinking. I suggest you leave your seagull crap elsewhere.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/16 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/16 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/16 13:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/16 12:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
On another note, yay, we hit 300 comments hahaha.

Happy Friday.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 12:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/16 7:32
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I'd like to see that service or companion dog owners be required to carry a certificate from a doctor that states they do suffer with a disability - especially the one's with a psychiatric issue so Police and Animal Control can do their checks and balances on frauds!

http://www.servicedogsamerica.org/

It is against the ADA to ask handlers of service animals for paperwork, however they can ask what task the animal is trained to perform if they are concerned whether or not the animal is a service animal. There are service animals for all sorts of conditions, however they must be trained to perform tasks to assist the handler.

http://www.ada.gov/svcanimb.htm

Posted on: 2013/8/16 6:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Let everyone be exempt from on leash laws when a dog takes a dump - Any dog can be registered as a service or companion dog: This will allow your dog to have very similar rights as a seeing eye dogs - It allows the dog to go off-leash to poop as they are 'supposedly' trained not to poop on lead. Its obvious that this certificate is being abused, however it can't be ruled out that some JClisters do suffer from a psychiatric disability!

I'd like to see that service or companion dog owners be required to carry a certificate from a doctor that states they do suffer with a disability - especially the one's with a psychiatric issue so Police and Animal Control can do their checks and balances on frauds!

http://www.servicedogsamerica.org/

Posted on: 2013/8/15 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/15 20:02

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 16 »

[Advanced Search]