Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 16 »

Re: An open letter to the Dog Owners of DTJC (brace yourselves)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/22 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
I'd like to comment again that much of this issue could be resolved with fenced in dog-run areas in Jersey City's parks-- especially at the Morris Canal park and Liberty State Park. NY and Brooklyn have them. There is no reason JC should not.

It would make everyone happy. Dog owners would have a place to let their dogs go leashless and would have no excuse for doing so outside the fenced in area. And non-dog owners could enjoy the parks without many of the complaints they are making on this thread.

It wouldn't resolve all of the problems, like owners who don't clean up after their dogs while they are leashed. But it would go a long long way in making things better.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Well, if we can keep this discussion civilized, should be ok to keep it.

That lasted all of zero posts...

Actually, I take it all back. Instead of a public shaming, let's collectively pick up all the leftover dog crap in this city and drop it off in front of dtjcview's house.

Dog poop seems to dial back some folks from the civilized to the neanderthal.

I'm not understanding your position. So you're an advocate of dog crap all over your street? Is that what you're saying? Anyone who speaks up about irresponsibility is a neanderthal? LOL, go back to bed.

Anyone who incites people to dump dog poop on my doorstep is certainly not civilized.

But someone who advocates for people letting their dog crap on the other peoples streets is civilized? Since you strike me as the self-righteous type. I can already see you need to have the last word, and since you started this, you can finish it.

I don't see anyone advocating letting their dog crap on streets without cleaning it up. What I'd advocate is keeping this discussion civilized, and don't inflame the situation. I have concerns about naming and shaming for exactly the same reasons that I thought it right to remove posts about the OP. Some people are prone to over-react, and take the law into their own hands.

Calling out people and labeling them "scum", is both inflammatory and uncivilized. I have respect for the OP for encouraging people to go through the right channels and lobbying for better enforcement, though I may disagree on some of the detail.

Keep it civilized.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 12:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Actually, I take it all back. Instead of a public shaming, let's collectively pick up all the leftover dog crap in this city and drop it off in front of dtjcview's house.

I'm not understanding your position. So you're an advocate of dog crap all over your street? Is that what you're saying? Anyone who speaks up about irresponsibility is a neanderthal? LOL, go back to bed.

Anyone who incites people to dump dog poop on my doorstep is certainly not civilized.

But someone who advocates for people letting their dog crap on the other peoples streets is civilized? Since you strike me as the self-righteous type. I can already see you need to have the last word, and since you started this, you can finish it.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 12:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/6 12:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/6 12:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/6 11:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/6 11:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/6 11:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I wish JC would set up a number to report these scumbags who refuse to clean up after their pets. Post the video. Hopefully someone recognizes her on here and tells her that she's an irresponsible &^%$!

Posted on: 2013/8/6 3:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/6 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Definitely post it everywhere,
no reason not to.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
I have some good video footage of a dog owner who let her Pitbull crap all over the street this evening. What does everyone think about that? She obviously had a guilty conscience, cause she took off running in the opposite direction once she noticed the camera, and I'm debating posting the video to youtube for you all to enjoy. She's obviously a repeat offender, because she didn't even have anything with her to clean it up. SCUM!

Posted on: 2013/8/5 23:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Well, if we can keep this discussion civilized, should be ok to keep it. Webmaster took care of the VVParkMom Troll.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Who and how are 'harmless' dogs going to be classified to go leash-free? All dogs are capable of biting and their are plenty of stats that show a % of dogs even bite their own owners or family members.
I'm thinking of getting a pit-bull and having it ok'ed as a companion dog (cause I think I might be insecure or have a mental health issue without it by my side) thus allowing it to go off-leash to poop and pee. I promise it will behavior itself and never pee or poop while on leash in public areas I take it!

I'd love to see a crack-down on false companion dogs (and those that like to 'tease' others that only their dog can go unleashed with ammunity like some child) and people with disabled parking passes that are able.

Imagine if legislation stated that companion dogs will not be exempt from off-leash rules and that owners will be required to provide a toilet for their dogs on their own property? This will make 'false' companion dog owners the 'sihts'.

Posted on: 2013/8/1 1:45
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/7/31 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
o73o2 wrote:

Copyright! You owe me money

Posted on: 2013/7/31 16:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
JCbiscuit - the dog you are talking about is a pure poodle, just with an awesome haircut. and he plays solely in the dog allowed area. plus he is probably the smartest dog i ever met and the owner cleans up after it.
lastly, goldendoodles make perfect city dogs, its why you see so many in JC, hoboken, & nyc. great temperament, public parks for them to play in, no shedding. AND ADORABLE.

granted they are off leash and illegal, i have no complaints with responsible dog owners. the same goes for that black dog walking around the perimeter.

i think most responsible dog owners like myself are also upset with the people that leave their dog poo on the sidewalk. but what can you do unless you catch someone in the act. heck owners leave poop in the dog park when the park PROVIDES bags!! you are always going to have assholes.

Posted on: 2013/7/31 13:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/31 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

daisyduke wrote:
Not going to go back through the whole thread and see if this particular situation has been mentioned. Every morning around 8:30ish there is a woman with a largish black dog walking the perimeter of HP. Sometimes on leash, sometimes off leash, sometimes she is outside the fence and the dog (unleashed, obviously) is inside the fence! Shall I direct her to the dog run? Call the cops? Snap a pic and use the new fancy city website to report? Mind my own business? JC listers who have also seen her, what has been your course of action?

We should fix her up with the bearded baldy (bald beardy?) who exercises his goldendoodle off-leash in the evenings.

Because a mix of two of the most energetic dog breeds is a genius choice for a city pet.

Posted on: 2013/7/31 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/3 1:43
Group:
Banned
I have no problem with dogs (on leash), but I really do have a problem with the massive amount of dog poop that can be found on sidewalks throughout the city - not to mention the poop stains from messier poops where the own tried to clean up. This is a public sidewalk. It is not OK to let your dog poop on the sidewalk. It is a health hazard. Stop letting your dogs poop on the sidewalk! If you don't think its a problem, why don't you designate a room in your house for the dog to poop, let them do it there and then clean it up.

Posted on: 2013/7/31 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
PBW...the other thread of which you speak was talking about fines, one of which was a fine the poster received for having a dog off leash. So, it was relevant to the topic.

Try again...

Quote:

PBW wrote:
[quote]
nyrgravey9 wrote:
This thread specifically addresses dogs off leash and owners who don't clean up after them. It's not an open forum to just gripe on any issue.

Stay on topic chief.

[quote]

Why you are trying to bring up off leash dogs in other threads.
Webmaster owns this thread, you do not.

Posted on: 2013/7/30 19:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/14 16:17
Group:
Registered Users
Not going to go back through the whole thread and see if this particular situation has been mentioned. Every morning around 8:30ish there is a woman with a largish black dog walking the perimeter of HP. Sometimes on leash, sometimes off leash, sometimes she is outside the fence and the dog (unleashed, obviously) is inside the fence! Shall I direct her to the dog run? Call the cops? Snap a pic and use the new fancy city website to report? Mind my own business? JC listers who have also seen her, what has been your course of action?

Posted on: 2013/7/30 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
nyrgravey9 wrote:
This thread specifically addresses dogs off leash and owners who don't clean up after them. It's not an open forum to just gripe on any issue.

Stay on topic chief.

[quote]

Why you are trying to bring up off leash dogs in other threads.
Webmaster owns this thread, you do not.

Posted on: 2013/7/30 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
They qualify it further with the "rough/dangerous" qualifiers, so like I said it's debatable. Either way, I don't do either, so doesn't concern me.

But like I said, if any of those things bother you or anyone else, there's always a forum for it. Start a thread, join a neighborhood association and make changes.

At the end of the day, I don't know what any of that has to do with the price of tea in china. This thread specifically addresses dogs off leash and owners who don't clean up after them. It's not an open forum to just gripe on any issue.

Stay on topic chief.

Quote:

JCParentingUnit wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
debatable, But, if this concerns you, start an "open letter to volleyballers" thread. Go nuts, and god speed to you.

didn't we learn earlier in this thread that volleyball and any ball sports ARE illegal in JC parks except in approved ball playing areas?

I'm sort of just trolling here, but this is what someone posted:

Soccer playing outside designated areas is also breaking the law according to JC Ordinances:

http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16093

Quote:

? 239-12. Picnic areas; camping; horseback riding.

No person in a park shall:
F.
Take part in or abet the playing of any games involving thrown or otherwise propelled objects such as balls, stones, arrows, javelins or model airplanes except in areas set apart for such forms of recreation. The playing of rough or comparatively dangerous games such as football, baseball and quoits is prohibited except on the fields and courts or areas provided therefor. Roller-skating shall be confined to those areas specifically designated for such pastime.

Posted on: 2013/7/30 17:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/5 21:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
debatable, But, if this concerns you, start an "open letter to volleyballers" thread. Go nuts, and god speed to you.

didn't we learn earlier in this thread that volleyball and any ball sports ARE illegal in JC parks except in approved ball playing areas?

I'm sort of just trolling here, but this is what someone posted:

Soccer playing outside designated areas is also breaking the law according to JC Ordinances:

http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16093

Quote:

? 239-12. Picnic areas; camping; horseback riding.

No person in a park shall:
F.
Take part in or abet the playing of any games involving thrown or otherwise propelled objects such as balls, stones, arrows, javelins or model airplanes except in areas set apart for such forms of recreation. The playing of rough or comparatively dangerous games such as football, baseball and quoits is prohibited except on the fields and courts or areas provided therefor. Roller-skating shall be confined to those areas specifically designated for such pastime.

Posted on: 2013/7/30 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Quote:

JCParentingUnit wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
The Cesar comment was a joke papi!

But yes, when off leash volleyballers become illegal, we'll start a thread on that too. If the drinking bothers people, then those people should step up and do something about it. I don't disagree with that at all. Especially if those people leave empty bottles around and litter the park. Don't just complain about then, go get 'em!

Either way, the argument "why call out X, when Y occurs too" isn't an argument at all. One doesn't excuse the other. It's like when a kid gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar but says "yeah but that kid over there is writing on the wall". Both are wrong, and both should be dealt with.

Quote:

mdips wrote:
The volleyballers may not be illegal but the open containers a couple of them appeared to be drinking when I was there this weekend are illegal.

Not to mention the fact that the wiffle ball game that goes on now happens right in the middle of the park path. When anyone wants to walk down to the end of the park they had to walk into the middle of an active game with someone hitting a wiffle ball at them.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with any of these activities. They may dominate the park a bit, but they all seem to be an easy going group and it's nice to see people having fun in the park on a beautiful weekend.

PS - anyone actively involved in dog training knows that Cesar Millan's dominance training methods are outdated and potentially harmful.

Posted on: 2013/7/30 16:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/5 21:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

But yes, when off leash volleyballers become illegal, we'll start a thread on that too. If the drinking bothers people, then those people should step up and do something about it. I don't disagree with that at all. Especially if those people leave empty bottles around and litter the park. Don't just complain about then, go get 'em!

Either way, the argument "why call out X, when Y occurs too" isn't an argument at all. One doesn't excuse the other. It's like when a kid gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar but says "yeah but that kid over there is writing on the wall". Both are wrong, and both should be dealt with.

Quote:

mdips wrote:
The volleyballers may not be illegal but the open containers a couple of them appeared to be drinking when I was there this weekend are illegal.

Not to mention the fact that the wiffle ball game that goes on now happens right in the middle of the park path. When anyone wants to walk down to the end of the park they had to walk into the middle of an active game with someone hitting a wiffle ball at them.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with any of these activities. They may dominate the park a bit, but they all seem to be an easy going group and it's nice to see people having fun in the park on a beautiful weekend.

PS - anyone actively involved in dog training knows that Cesar Millan's dominance training methods are outdated and potentially harmful.

Posted on: 2013/7/30 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Quote:

mdips wrote:

Posted on: 2013/7/30 14:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/18 23:28
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/30 14:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Area_Man wrote:
At what point will the whiners in this thread start complaining about the volleyball games.

KEEP VOLLEYBALLERS ON LEASH!

when unleashed volleyballers become illegal. what part of that point are you not getting?

Posted on: 2013/7/30 14:02

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 16 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017