Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 »

Re: An open letter to the Dog Owners of DTJC (brace yourselves)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/2 4:31
Group:
Registered Users
to nyrgravey9
I lay my head here and am fortunate to know plenty of good people that live around me, but I spend plenty of time elsewhere in the city. I?m lucky to maintain friends and relationships throughout this city?s neighborhoods, some more, or less, desirable than others. I lived downtown for years, in Paulus Hook and near Van Vorst, and I have an affection for many places throughout this city. I moved in part because my salary couldn?t keep up with the rents, but also because as the demographic changed I noticed around me a lot of concern over things which I felt didn?t quite warrant it. I felt as though people were creating major issues out of things that were at worst slight concerns. That attitude made life a drag, and made it difficult to maintain a sense of what truly needs attention and consideration. My own commentary has less to do with the fact that I live one place as opposed to another, and more to do with my frustration that mountains are made of molehills, when there are obvious and larger issues at hand (and sometimes I even get snotty about it). Honestly, I do think that people who dont pick up their dog poop or dont use leashes are assholes, I wouldnt defend them, but I wouldnt tell on them either. I might say something to them directly, because its not cool. But that?s it, they just suck, and then I move on and try to spend some time focusing on things that make more of an impact. Because in the scheme of things, there?s much work to be done, little time to do it, and energy shouldn?t be wasted. Well, I think I may have said all I can about this. Either way, nice disagreeing with you, and good luck. There?s nothing wrong with there being less dog poop, I just dont want to give as much time to the thought as I already have.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
The level of arrogance and selfishness of some of the people on this thread is notable but not surprising.

As a dog owner myself, I am amazed at how some people truly can think of no one but themselves. I personally love dogs. But many people don't. In fact there is a sizable portion of the population that is uncomfortable or even scared around dogs.

Letting a dog off leash in public (outside of a dog park) shows you are completely indifferent to people who may not be comfortable around dogs. You can use whatever excuse you want -- it's early, there aren't any other dogs in the park, etc -- but the fact is you are using a shared, community resource in a way that limits how much other people can enjoy it. It's really not all that different than playing a boombox that's too loud.

If you choose to have a dog, it is your responsibility to keep it on a leash outdoors whenever you are not at a dog park. Period. If you can't manage that you shouldn't have a dog.

Not to mention that as sweet and predictable as you think your dog may be, you never know how two dogs will react. My mother brought her 15 year old terrier to the park a few months ago, and as soon as she stepped onto the grass two off-leash dogs -- small Lhaso Apsos who "had never done anything like this before" -- viciously attacked her dog. The fact that they didn't have a history of violence didn't mean much when her dog was nearly killed and required $5000 worth of surgery. Which by the way the owner of the off leash dogs is 100% on the hook for.

So you can rationalize it all you want. But leash laws exist for a reason. And when you decide not to follow them, you are putting your lack of consideration for everyone else on public display.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Esquired - thanks!

Quote:

Esquired wrote:
Shameless piggybacking: reddit.com/r/jerseycity

Posted on: 2013/7/3 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
And secondly, you couldn't pay me to deliver anything to that neighborhood.

Quote:

duh wrote:
nyrgravey9, 23 Bidwell, apt 2. Bring the poop. I'll show you the crackheads, unemployed and uneducated youth, guys fresh from prison with no prospects other than a street corner, pregnant teens, to name a few. But, yes, poop, cant say I'm so concerned.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Well, duh, you're in a neighborhood that has those problems, why would you opine about a problem facing a neighborhood in which you don't live?

Quote:

duh wrote:
nyrgravey9, 23 Bidwell, apt 2. Bring the poop. I'll show you the crackheads, unemployed and uneducated youth, guys fresh from prison with no prospects other than a street corner, pregnant teens, to name a few. But, yes, poop, cant say I'm so concerned.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 17:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/4 14:55
Group:
Registered Users
Shameless piggybacking: reddit.com/r/jerseycity

Posted on: 2013/7/3 17:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/3 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, this!
I don't know why but it drives me crazy to see dogs walking their owners.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Most dog owners don't have the first clue on how to properly train and control their dogs. First clue is to see how they walk them. Every time I see a dog ON leash that walks 6-10 feet ahead of their owner, it makes me laugh because I already know they're a piker who knows nothing about dog ownership and proper training. The dog owns them!

Quote:

mr_grumpy_face wrote:
I'm more bothered on behalf of the dogs that are off-leash than anything else. These owners are just asking for their dogs to be bitten by other dogs, hit by cars, lost, etc.

The amount of potentially bad things you're exposing your dog to is far greater than whatever benefit you think you might be providing your dog by letting him off-leash. Sometimes I think people let their dogs off-leash more for their own egos than for the benefit of the dog.

Anyway, be smart, curb your dog, and get it fixed!

Posted on: 2013/7/3 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
The plan is excellent, specifically the part of police involvement in community meetings. The JCPD will be involved in neighborhood meetings at some point in the future, during which a discussion on proper fines, etc, will be addressed. While not a SWAT team, I think this will suffice. Thank you for pointing this out.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
http://stevenfulop.com/sites/default/ ... op_public_safety_plan.pdf

Seems like a good plan to me. No mention of any kind of dog poop S.W.A.T. team though.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 16:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Address please??

Quote:

duh wrote:
nyrgravey9, thank you. It?s true I do read a lot (not much Vonnegut or Chomsky, but thanks for noticing anyway), and though it is unfortunate that words found on the SAT make you uncomfortable, reading your posts has allowed me the luxury of laughing out loud, from the gut, for a good amount of time. I agree my comments are trollish, offering no constructive suggestion other than to grow up and get over it. No, I havn?t stood in the dog park in my free time and taken a survey on leashed and unleashed dogs, or how many times they pooped, or if it was picked up - I guess I was too busy doing something unconstructive (though it sounds like we should hang out). But, I suppose, thanks to the revolutionary fire that burns within your soul, we all will avoid wading through a foot and half of dog poop with packs of feral k9?s nipping holes in our dockers. You are on to something though - it?s long be understood that the amount of dog poop and leashless-ness in a city directly correlates to a failing school system, violent crime rate, child obesity, and inadequate health care. Since you asked, yes, I will gladly give you my address, but you have to keep your promise and pick up and transport pounds of dog poop on a daily basis over to me. Actually, the idea of you and fat-ass showing up at my apartment day after day with copious amounts of dog excrement in hand brings me tremendous delight. And, if each of you leave me your addresses, I will leave books with big words, and half a brain, on each of your doorsteps. Now, stop reading this, so you can back to watching dogs defecate and telling on people.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mr_grumpy_face wrote:
Sometimes I think people let their dogs off-leash more for their own egos than for the benefit of the dog.

I'm convinced the off-leash crowd falls into one of two deeply insecure categories:

1) the Tough Guy: "look how well my dog obeys me!"
2) the Lonely Heart: "look how much my dog loves me!"

people who don't need to prove anything to the world - or to themselves - don't see their dog's need for a leash as a personal failing.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
http://stevenfulop.com/sites/default/ ... op_public_safety_plan.pdf

Seems like a good plan to me. No mention of any kind of dog poop S.W.A.T. team though.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 16:37

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
nyrgravey9, thank you. It?s true I do read a lot (not much Vonnegut or Chomsky, but thanks for noticing anyway), and though it is unfortunate that words found on the SAT make you uncomfortable, reading your posts has allowed me the luxury of laughing out loud, from the gut, for a good amount of time. I agree my comments are trollish, offering no constructive suggestion other than to grow up and get over it. No, I havn?t stood in the dog park in my free time and taken a survey on leashed and unleashed dogs, or how many times they pooped, or if it was picked up - I guess I was too busy doing something unconstructive (though it sounds like we should hang out). But, I suppose, thanks to the revolutionary fire that burns within your soul, we all will avoid wading through a foot and half of dog poop with packs of feral k9?s nipping holes in our dockers. You are on to something though - it?s long be understood that the amount of dog poop and leashless-ness in a city directly correlates to a failing school system, violent crime rate, child obesity, and inadequate health care. Since you asked, yes, I will gladly give you my address, but you have to keep your promise and pick up and transport pounds of dog poop on a daily basis over to me. Actually, the idea of you and fat-ass showing up at my apartment day after day with copious amounts of dog excrement in hand brings me tremendous delight. And, if each of you leave me your addresses, I will leave books with big words, and half a brain, on each of your doorsteps. Now, stop reading this, so you can back to watching dogs defecate and telling on people.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 16:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Given that this issue is so hot button... where are the dog parks? Where are the fenced in dog parks where owners can let their dogs off leash? Is there a list somewhere?

Posted on: 2013/7/3 15:47
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Vigilante, trust me, the Paulus Hook neighborhood association and Ward E council woman Osborn are well aware of that mindset and are actively pursuing steps to change it.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Morris Canal Park? That's a de facto dog park now. Everyone in Jersey City knows that. People travel from miles around to let their dogs play and swim. Yes, your pissing in the wind. Good luck with that.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
equ, while I agree with you, I must point out, it is actually state property and part of Liberty State Park. contrary to popular belief, though, JCPD can patrol and issue fines there.

However, Ward E councilwoman Candice Osborn is aware of this and is trying to work out a deal for the land to be purchased/leased/handed over to JC because it's believed we can take better care of it than the state.

Quote:

equ wrote:
I am not surprised to see the snarky dog owners come out of the woodwork... "They" have basically declared Morris Canal theirs... Why can't I go for a run there comfortably? Why can't my friends take their toddlers out there? When did it become an "official dog run"?

It is in Jersey City limits so owners have to abide by the 6ft leash law. Period. It is not private property.

I say let's start a petition for starting enforcement and I'll sign it as well.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Oh, I agree completely! These dog owners act so proud that they can let their dog run off leash, it's hilarious. Hence the strong reaction when you politely ask them to leash their dogs.

Most dog owners don't have the first clue on how to properly train and control their dogs. First clue is to see how they walk them. Every time I see a dog ON leash that walks 6-10 feet ahead of their owner, it makes me laugh because I already know they're a piker who knows nothing about dog ownership and proper training. The dog owns them!

I know I'm getting off topic with this, but it was worth saying.

Quote:

mr_grumpy_face wrote:
I'm more bothered on behalf of the dogs that are off-leash than anything else. These owners are just asking for their dogs to be bitten by other dogs, hit by cars, lost, etc.

The amount of potentially bad things you're exposing your dog to is far greater than whatever benefit you think you might be providing your dog by letting him off-leash. Sometimes I think people let their dogs off-leash more for their own egos than for the benefit of the dog.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 15:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
I am not surprised to see the snarky dog owners come out of the woodwork... "They" have basically declared Morris Canal theirs... Why can't I go for a run there comfortably? Why can't my friends take their toddlers out there? When did it become an "official dog run"?

It is in Jersey City limits so owners have to abide by the 6ft leash law. Period. It is not private property.

I say let's start a petition for starting enforcement.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 15:18

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/16 14:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/3 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

duh wrote:
The revulsion I feel toward so many of the opinions on this thread, should be second only to how sick you make yourselves. I don't understand the slavish adherence to 'the law.' So many of you people are looking to shame, tattle, rat out, your own neighbors - to be fined and punished for something like a leash law. Yes, people should leash their dogs, and pick up the poop, or else the rest of us are inconvenienced. Fine, whatever. Barring some terrible event (like a dog attacking another dog or person, or getting loose and getting hit by a car), which happens fewer and father between that any other repercussion, you are talking about wanting people to watch each other, and tell on each other. Personally, I'd much rather step in, over, and around a pile of dog shit, than have a bunch of uptight, psych-issue laden, immature, first-world problem promulgators getting righteous over essentially nothing when there are some serious causes that could use your energy and attention.
but - think about the children

Posted on: 2013/7/3 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Morris Canal Park? That's a de facto dog park now. Everyone in Jersey City knows that. People travel from miles around to let their dogs play and swim. Yes, your pissing in the wind. Good luck with that.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Mind you, I was only referring to 50% as the percentage of people who walk off leash, not the percentage who don't clean the poop. Make sure you understand that.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Well, mdips, I have a balcony that faces morris canal park, and here are the latest counts based on my actual observations:

Sunday: 2 PMish: 18 dogs in the park, 8 off leash, 2 pooped with no pick up from owners (those 2 were from off leash dogs) - 8/18 = 44% (you barely win)
Monday 6:30 PM-ish: 22 dogs in the park. 11 off leash; 11/20 = 55%
Tuesday, 8:30 AM: 5 dogs in the park, 3 off leash; 3/5 = 60%
Tuesday 6:30 PMish: 15 dogs in the park, 3 off leash ; 3/15 = 20% (you win this round)
This morning, 8:30 AM: 3 dogs in the park, 3 off leash; 3/3 = 100%

Average: 55.8% I win.

Now, I know you'll come back with something smarmy and point out that you went there and 100% of the dogs were on leash. I get it. Clearly I am not making the argument that all dogs are off leash at all times. That would be stupid.

There's also no dogs in the park at 3 AM most nights, so?

Some days it's just out of control. And again, approaching dog owners to ask them to comply is not even worth the time and hassle of being berated by owners who ARE IN THE WRONG. Debate it all you want, but you're wrong and you know it.

I'll say it again and again, the law is on my side on this one.

If there are other issues residents feel are important, than by all means, start a post, gather people and take action. But don't use the excuse of "well there are other more pressing problems" or "well kids play soccer in non soccer areas against ordinance" to justify why this isn't a problem.

Quote:

mdips wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Actually, if you go to any of the parks, Morris Canal especially, on any given day, it's closer to 50% or more, but nice try.

Secondly, no one's requesting the entire JCPD drop major crime investigation to stop the dreaded dog poop problem.

It takes one cop, with a ticket book and a pen, for MAYBE an hour total to hit the three major parks in DTJC. Problem solved. I seriously doubt one diverted cop, who is already patrolling DTJC, will miss out on the big drug ring bust they're so fond of doing.

Rather than being a pretentious DB, you can actually contribute something constructive to the discussion.

I should have known with your hipsterific avatar that we were dealing with a superior intelligence here.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Maybe 3% of dog owners walk their pups off leash. Probably about 3% don't pick up the poop. I would say 50% of the drivers in DTJC break the law, speed, roll through Stop signs etc. The ticket for off-leash dog is $56.00. You really think the cops are going to throw out some big dragnet to catch dog walkers? Good Luck Joe Friday.

Sorry, it's definitely not 3% but it's also nowhere near 50%, so nice try. If half the dog owners at morris canal park on any given day didn't pick up after their dogs your feet wouldn't even hit the grass.

The bigger crap problem in the park is from the geese. If half of your big concern is keeping crap out of the park they should be your first target.
"Geese feces usually contain the parasites cryptosporidium, giardia, coliform, and campylobacter. Cryptosporidium poses the most serious health hazard...responsible for a 1993 outbreak of disease in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, when the city's water supply became contaminated. One hundred people died and 400,000 became ill during this epidemic."

And FYI, Animal Control does patrol Morris Canal park on a regular basis. Once the weather started getting better they were showing up on an almost daily basis in the mornings.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Look out folks, we have our first troll!! I'm mad because I took the over on 1 week before a troll showed up.

For those of you unfamiliar, a troll is someone who posts on message boards, but whose opinion offers nothing constructive at all towards a solution or to further detail a problem.

Rather, this person covers up their lack of utility by busting out a lot of SAT-quality words they learned reading a Kurt Vonnegut or Noam Chomsky book. They feel that by sounding intelligent, people will infer that they are intelligent. Do not be fooled.

Duh, your opinion is about as useless as tits on a bull. In fact your opinion is equivalent to "don't know" or "undecided" responses people give on surveys.

Much like a previous posted said...post your address and I will personally pick up all the dog droppings and leave them at your doorstep. Cool?

Quote:

duh wrote:
The revulsion I feel toward so many of the opinions on this thread, should be second only to how sick you make yourselves. I don't understand the slavish adherence to 'the law.' So many of you people are looking to shame, tattle, rat out, your own neighbors - to be fined and punished for something like a leash law. Yes, people should leash their dogs, and pick up the poop, or else the rest of us are inconvenienced. Fine, whatever. Barring some terrible event (like a dog attacking another dog or person, or getting loose and getting hit by a car), which happens fewer and father between that any other repercussion, you are talking about wanting people to watch each other, and tell on each other. Personally, I'd much rather step in, over, and around a pile of dog shit, than have a bunch of uptight, psych-issue laden, immature, first-world problem promulgators getting righteous over essentially nothing when there are some serious causes that could use your energy and attention.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yawn, another senseless thread with an easy fix. Dog owners Stop being an asshole! keep your dog on the leash and pick up after them.

We also have blood and shell casings on our streets with visitors and residents brains spattered across our roads and streets. Let me know when all of you give a f&ck about that. Good day!

Posted on: 2013/7/3 12:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/18 23:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
DTJCview, I understand your point. However, when one of those problems begins to get out of hand, residents like myself decide it's time to put some balance into the equation and ask for more enforcement. If littering for out of control, I'd probably be ranting and calling for more litter enforcement.

You're deflecting responsibility and distracting from the issue I've pointed out in my original post. Your points about other violations are outside the scope of this discussion.

How about this...the next time you're pulled over by a police office, for speeding, or a right turn violation, whatever...I want you to explain to the officer "hey, there are kids playing soccer in areas of the park not designated for soccer playing."

Once that happens, login here and report back what that officer says, I'd love to hear it.

Subsequently, I don't remember the last time a kid playing soccer took a shit on the grass for other kids to step in. I also don't recall reading about any soccer playing kids biting other people in the park. Maybe it has happened somewhere, but it's definitely not a widespread problem. If it was a big problem, I'd write about that instead.

I CAN, however, point to article after article of dogs off leash biting people, or someone getting sick from errant feces.

Lastly, if the issue of kids playing soccer in parks bothers you so much, so ahead and start a post about it. I welcome local involvement on all issues. Let's see how many people will back you up on that fight.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

yorkist wrote:
You missed the "except as in designated for the purpose." There are areas in the park "designated for the purpose." Regardless, they didn't want to sit on the grass either.

Nope I was pretty clear. "Soccer playing outside designated areas is also breaking the law according to JC Ordinances:"

Regardless of whether that particular ordinance is obeyed and/or enforced, it doesn't give anybody the right to let their dogs run off leash (and no, I don't violate this ordinance either, haven't played soccer since I was a kid).

I'm actually making a case for enforcing all the ordinances. The problem with selective enforcement, targeting a specific group, is that it alienates that group. It also doesn't help build stronger relationships between police and the community. Our police should be writing tickets for dog poop, unleashed dogs, cyclists on sidewalks, littering, ball playing in picnic areas, and all instances where City ordinances are being broken.

Please post the articles showing the prevalence of dog bite cases and sickness related to dog poop specific to JC. Your statement now implies that your argument has gone from establishing off-leash walking as your big concern to claiming dog bites and fece-related illness as a widespread problem.
I have no issue with that as long as it is justifiable. So if you say you can point to article after article proving a widespread problem in JC please do so.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 12:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/18 23:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Actually, if you go to any of the parks, Morris Canal especially, on any given day, it's closer to 50% or more, but nice try.

Secondly, no one's requesting the entire JCPD drop major crime investigation to stop the dreaded dog poop problem.

It takes one cop, with a ticket book and a pen, for MAYBE an hour total to hit the three major parks in DTJC. Problem solved. I seriously doubt one diverted cop, who is already patrolling DTJC, will miss out on the big drug ring bust they're so fond of doing.

Rather than being a pretentious DB, you can actually contribute something constructive to the discussion.

I should have known with your hipsterific avatar that we were dealing with a superior intelligence here.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Maybe 3% of dog owners walk their pups off leash. Probably about 3% don't pick up the poop. I would say 50% of the drivers in DTJC break the law, speed, roll through Stop signs etc. The ticket for off-leash dog is $56.00. You really think the cops are going to throw out some big dragnet to catch dog walkers? Good Luck Joe Friday.

Sorry, it's definitely not 3% but it's also nowhere near 50%, so nice try. If half the dog owners at morris canal park on any given day didn't pick up after their dogs your feet wouldn't even hit the grass.

The bigger crap problem in the park is from the geese. If half of your big concern is keeping crap out of the park they should be your first target.
"Geese feces usually contain the parasites cryptosporidium, giardia, coliform, and campylobacter. Cryptosporidium poses the most serious health hazard...responsible for a 1993 outbreak of disease in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, when the city's water supply became contaminated. One hundred people died and 400,000 became ill during this epidemic."

And FYI, Animal Control does patrol Morris Canal park on a regular basis. Once the weather started getting better they were showing up on an almost daily basis in the mornings.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 12:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/21 19:56
Group:
Registered Users
I'm a dog owner, and I loathe off-leash dogs. I can't tell you how many times a dog has run across a busy street to say hi to my dog. I don't have the time or energy to deal with your off-leash dog at 5am.
I'm not justifying the attitude you're getting from dog owners, but I do know where it comes from. Dog owners are out there every day--not just when it's sunny or above 70 degrees. They're out there in hurricanes, blizzards, and the wee hours of the night. It's hard to adjust when suddenly, on the first warm day, all the fair-weather people come out. (Seriously, do you people not own coats?)
So, if you're going to enforce off-leash laws, you're going to have to do it year-round, not just in summer when every year, people start complaining about it.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 11:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

I'm sorry, which study are these numbers from?

Posted on: 2013/7/3 11:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Duh, I'd rather have first world problems than third world ones'.
I realize your let and live attitude but it is ruining quality of life issues for the majority; if every dog owner did not pick up the shit for just one day, look at the shit accumulated and i challenge you to express the same feelings.

Quote:

duh wrote:

Posted on: 2013/7/3 10:50

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017