Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Mayor-elect Fulop names corporation counsel and chief of staff
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Here is an article in which the LeFrak promised the JC Museum money and when the museum asked for the money the director was sued. So my question is why Jamie LeFrak?

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/pages/f ... eum+directors+&id=2406635

Posted on: 2013/6/15 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The point is, the organization did not keep their promise and McCann and Shundler did not hold LeFrak accountable due to the campaign contributions.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
Hasn't he overbuilt in Newport. There isn't any land left for a big park now. Unless he builds a park on top of Newport mall.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 1:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The LeFrak Organization promised JC a Central type park, it was supposed to be acres. I am still waiting for it. Originally, LeFrak wanted land to 2nd Street but then former Councilman Cucci fought against it and the compromise was 6th St.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
It's posted in an online document that Fulop released.

http://www.politickernj.com/66399/ful ... rsey-city-transition-team

I don't really have a problem with this, you can't leave a huge developer like LeFrak out of the conversation because Folup is going to have to work with him for years.

6. Real Estate/Redevelopment/Business Climate-Outreach.
Jeremy Farrell,
Esq. (Chair)

Dave Barry, Real Estate Executive

Dania Caballero, Construction Contractor

Michael Capelli, Labor Leader

Jim Dowling, Engineer

Jamie Fox, Strategic Advisor

William Harla, Esq.

Karim Hutson, Real Estate Executive

June Jones, Real Estate Executive, Community Activist

Jeff Kaplowitz, Real Estate Professional

Jamie Lefrak, Real Estate Executive

Phil Rivo, Real Estate Professional

Eric Silverman, Real Estate Executive

Thats one proactive group for further developments - Are we going to get a balance of green space , amenities and facilities and would they vote against themselves for non-profit instalations and infrustructure improvements caused by their developments - This is an unbalanced committee

Posted on: 2013/6/15 0:24
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I don't mind LeFrak being on a committee so long as he is one of many voices, as appears to be the case here. June Jones is head of the Morris Canal Redevelopment Corporation. I recognize a couple of names as real estate developers.

Overall, there are some names on the various committees that I don't agree with but it is a very diverse group of people and is not just Fulop's campaign supporters (Dan Levin is one the government operations committee).

I cannot remember the last time this city had a transition team that was concerned with something other than "How do we divide up the loot?"

There are a few things I would have liked to see different.

1. I would have liked to see a committee on homelessness and poverty issues as well.

2. I also don't know if any of the members of the education committee are public school teachers.

3. I question whether it is wise to have the BOE superintendent as the chair of the education/recreation committee (she should definitely be providing input, but someone else should be chair).

There are also some right wing types that I'm not crazy about, but there are lefty types as well. Overall, it's an impressive bunch.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 13:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Oh no, you can't be serious Fulop - LeFrak a developer to head this committee.

Jeremy Farrell heads the Real Estate/Redevelopment transition team.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 13:58
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the link moobycow.

Interesting stuff so they are all of Fulop?s JC Transition Team?s not permanent committee?s right?

I don?t think I have ever seen a transition like this in JC? great!

Posted on: 2013/6/14 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
It's posted in an online document that Fulop released.

http://www.politickernj.com/66399/ful ... rsey-city-transition-team

I don't really have a problem with this, you can't leave a huge developer like LeFrak out of the conversation because Folup is going to have to work with him for years.

6. Real Estate/Redevelopment/Business Climate-Outreach.
Jeremy Farrell,
Esq. (Chair)

Dave Barry, Real Estate Executive

Dania Caballero, Construction Contractor

Michael Capelli, Labor Leader

Jim Dowling, Engineer

Jamie Fox, Strategic Advisor

William Harla, Esq.

Karim Hutson, Real Estate Executive

June Jones, Real Estate Executive, Community Activist

Jeff Kaplowitz, Real Estate Professional

Jamie Lefrak, Real Estate Executive

Phil Rivo, Real Estate Professional

Eric Silverman, Real Estate Executive

Posted on: 2013/6/14 13:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
LeFrak on the Real Estate/Redevelopment/Business Climate-Outreach committee?

Where in either of these articles does it say anything about LeFrak and the Real Estate/Redevelopment/Business Climate-Outreach Committee?

Where is this information coming from and how did we get on the subject at all since it was not what this thread was about?

Do you have some sort of inside information that the rest of us aren't privy to?

Posted on: 2013/6/14 12:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:

Oh no, you can't be serious Fulop - LeFrak a developer to head this committee. LeFrak is not impartial, independent and will screw up our infrastructure and amenities as he already has. Expect more abatements for developers and further aggressive gentrification tactics on the lower and middle class stiffs that will subsides the needs of developers to help increase their profits.
How much money has LeFrak put in to this city's infrastructure needs and how many buildings in Newport has put a major stress on our water, sewers, road networks, parking needs and caused greater issue on flooding. LeFraks building are built cheap, have no sound proof qualities, are not sustainable with low cost technology for energy use and end up causing anti-social and quality of life problems for those that live in them.
I see this no different to having a felon in charge of a Police department

How quick we forget which 'nutter' in Newport (Resident Association - NWA President) LeFrak supported to protect his empire from disgruntled residents and neighbors there!

Posted on: 2013/6/13 22:09
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:

Who better qualified to weigh in on the subject of real estate than a successful real estate developer?

It?s like FERC. Who else can we trust to make intelligent, responsible decisions about a gas pipeline than top-ranking people from the energy industry?

Posted on: 2013/6/13 19:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/19 16:52
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/13 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
The only redeeming quality about Bill Matiskoudis was that he finally wised up and cut that cheesy, stringy looking mane he used to have

Posted on: 2013/6/13 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City mayor-elect names new city attorney, chief of staff

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
June 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Now that Jersey City?s seemingly endless municipal election has wrapped up, Mayor-elect Steve Fulop is starting to put together his upcoming administration.

Today, Fulop?s office announced Jeremy Farrell, an attorney who worked with Fulop?s campaign, will be the city?s top attorney, while Health and Human Services supervisor Muhammed Akil will be chief of staff.

These are the first key positions Fulop has filled since he was elected mayor on May 14. On Tuesday, Fulop said he didn't want to announce any names until after that day's runoff elections.

?Jeremy and Muhammed are truly professionals and will be huge assets to the quarter million plus residents of Jersey City.? Fulop said in a statement from his office. ?I am not only thrilled, but lucky, that they have agreed to join my administration in these respective roles. They understand that it?s going to take hard work and commitment to transform City Hall to make it more responsive to the needs of Jersey City residents.?

Fulop must receive council approval to appoint Farrell, but not Akil. Once Fulop becomes mayor on July 1, he will have a 7-2 majority on the nine-member body, so it seems unlikely the new council will stand in Fulop's way.

Farrell, 34, whose legal specialty at Morristown firm McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter includes municipal law, said in the statement that he welcomes the challenge of being Jersey City?s corporation counsel.

?I am honored to join the Fulop administration and I?m looking forward to serving the residents of this great city,? said Farrell, who lives Downtown on Morgan Street.

Farrell received a bachelor?s degree in political science and international development from McGill University, a law degree from Seton Hall University and worked as a law clerk to federal Judge Dennis M. Cavananaugh, according to Fulop?s office.

He replaces current Corporation Counsel Bill Matiskoudis, who has served in that role since 2004. Matiskoudis is an ally of Fulop rival Mayor Jerramiah Healy, and was a top-level official with Healy?s ultimately unsuccessful bid for re-election.

Farrell's annual pay would be around $120,000.

Muhammed Akil, in the hat, will be Jersey City's new chief of staff, Mayor-elect Steve Fulop's office said today.Jersey Journal file photo

Akil, meanwhile, earns $85,012 annually as a systems analyst with the city Department of Health and Human Services, where he is responsible for hiring and supervising a staff of 25. He previously worked as a mayoral aide, a corporation counsel aide and an assistant business administrator.

?I look forward to working with this team because it has a relentless work ethic that is second to none,? Akil said. ?We will be focused on making Jersey City a better place to live for every resident in every ward.?

Akil, 43, who lives in the city?s Bergen-Lafayette neighborhood, received a bachelor?s degree in communication studies and business administration from Bowling Green State University, Fulop?s office says.

Akil will replace current Chief of Staff Rosemary McFadden, who has acted in that role since September 2010. McFadden, former president and CEO of the New York Mercantile Exchange, received a $1 annual salary, in addition to accepting health benefits.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... f_staff.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/6/13 16:26

Jersey City Mayor-elect Fulop names corporation counsel and chief of staff
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Mayor-elect Fulop names corporation counsel and chief of staff
By PolitickerNJ Staff | June 13th, 2013 - 11:18am

Jersey City Mayor-elect Steven Fulop today announced that he has filled two key positions.

Jeremy Farrell, an associate with the Morristown office of McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, was named corporation counsel and Muhammed Akil, who works in the city?s Health and Human Services Department, was named chief of staff to the mayor.

?Jeremy and Muhammed are truly professionals and will be huge assets to the quarter million plus residents of Jersey City.? Fulop said. ?I am not only thrilled, but lucky, that they have agreed to join my administration in these respective roles. They understand that it?s going to take hard work and commitment to transform City Hall to make it more responsive to the needs of Jersey City residents.?

Farrell, whose legal specialty at the firm includes municipal law, said he knows the work that lies ahead will not be easy, but he welcomes the challenge.

?I am honored to join the Fulop administration and I?m looking forward to serving the residents of this great city,? Farrell said.

Farrell received his bachelor?s degree in political science and international development from McGill University in 2005 and his law degree from Seton Hall University in 2007. He served as law clerk to U.S. District Court Judge Dennis M. Cavanaugh in 2008-09.

Farrell is the a Ronald J. Riccio Public Interest Fellow at his law firm, where he is charged with being a liaison to pro-bono and community outreach initiatives, diversity and inclusion events, recruiting, and associate development projects. Additionally, Farrell is a member of the Seton Hall University School of Law's Diversity Council and is co-chairman of the Subcommittee on Diversity in the Profession for that Council.

Since 2005, Akil has worked as a system?s analyst and a project manager in the city?s Department of Health and Human Services, where, among his other assignments, he was directly responsible for hiring and supervising a staff of 25 who oversee 70 feeding sites for the Summer Food Program for Children, one of the largest in the state. He previously worked in Jersey City as a mayoral aide, an aide to the corporation council and assistant business administrator.

?I look forward to working with this team because it has a relentless work ethic that is second to none,? Akil said. ?We will be focused on making Jersey City a better place to live for every resident in every ward.?

Akil received his bachelor?s degree from Bowling Green State University in communication studies and business administration and began graduate work for a doctorate in communications studies at Northwestern University.

Akil, a resident of the Bergen Lafayette neighborhood, is also the founder and executive director of More than a Race, a non-profit organization that designed to help at-risk youth in Jersey City through education and recreation activities. Akil is also a distance runner, who twice completed an ultra-marathon (56 miles) in South Africa.

Farrell and Akil are the first two members of the administration to be named. Fulop said more senior-level staff will be named in the days leading up to his swearing in on July 1. Fulop won the non-partisan municipal election on May 11.

Read more at http://www.politickernj.com/66402/jer ... chief-staff#ixzz2W78X0VTK
or sign up for a free trial of State Street Wire at http://www.politickernj.com/freetrial

Posted on: 2013/6/13 16:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017