Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Cory Booker: the inexorable rise of Newark's neoliberal egomaniac
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
From the Newark Pizza delivery guy killing thread on nj.com?

Quote:

How could anyone in their right (or left) mind vote for Booker? Newark is a disaster. I used to go and enjoy Newark Bear?s Stadium, Newark Museum, NJPAC, restaurants, and Branch Brook Park. There were a few killings/beatings outside of The Prudential Center / NJPAC a few months ago. Howie and Howard even pulled AGT out of Newark. I stopped going to Newark years ago because of the killings and crime.(..and I live in Jersey City!!!) I wouldn?t be caught dead in Newark now. (no pun intended). Wake up Dems I did! It?s OK to vote for the guy on the other team if your team?s guy is useless. All Newark events should have the following line in their advertisements under driving directions: ?One wrong turn and you?re dead.?

Get the real facts on the ?Rock Star? in this NYT?s piece. They don?t even like him and they write with their left hand.
?A growing number of Newark residents say Cory A. Booker is a better marketer than mayor.?
Promise vs. Reality in Newark on Mayor?s Watch
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/14/nyr ... html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&

(if the link doesn?t get you there put this in Google > Promise vs. Reality in Newark<

Posted on: 2013/9/2 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Another homicide in Newark, 8 in 7 days. Yup, Booker is being very presidential.

Posted on: 2013/9/2 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
The company NJ used for the NJ shore ads is supported by both NJ Democrats and Republicans. No political favors being paid there.

7 murders in Newark in the last 7 days.

Booker needs to spend less time hiding in the closet and more time making Newark a better city. And his giving stock options to a barely teenaged son of the head of CNN was a disgusting attempt to buy good press coverage.

Posted on: 2013/9/1 19:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Booker flip flops on attacking syria. Booker just lost one vote

Posted on: 2013/9/1 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
That is not an article. It is an NRO opinion piece. Ultimately, it isn?t really all that interesting?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Pebble,

Quote:

If residents were so unhappy with him, why was he re-elected?

With the exception of an established person like Sharpe James, Bookers' opponents have been walkovers, that's why he got reelected. Ever watch the a tennis grand slam? Ever see when an average/decent player goes far with an easy schedule until the finals? That's how I view Cory's rise to fame. He'll also win the Senate seat, why? Because Lonegan is off his rocker and the Democrats can't put forth a better candidate. The primary race had abysmal turnout, and with his face on every talk show and news program, of course people will vote for him...it's the only name they know?!

Like I said before the Senate race is a choice between two losers, with NJ being the ultimate loser here.

He ran against Sharpe James twice. He lost the first time. Prior to that, it was a small city council seat. He won the council seat by being part of the people there. In order to be James, he really needed promotion. There was racism thrown his way as well as other slander. His offices were broken into.

In the end, the race with James wasn?t an easy one. Getting re-elected was rather easy. However, the two previous races he took part in were brutal. So I don?t think it?s fair to say that he faced ?walkovers.?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

The number 1 improvement would be that he removed a criminal from office. Sharpe James stole money from the city and was a complete POS.

Sharpe may be a proven criminal, but Booker isn't too far behind. The controversy with his Waywire start up shouldn't be ignored:
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/08/09/why-vo ... bookers-start-up-problem/

This sums it up nicely:
"A series of New York Times stories have described Booker?s unorthodox role in a Internet start-up company called Waywire that included a 15-year-old board member, massive losses that resulted in layoffs and a business strategy that seemed to do little but enrich the former mayor. The effort seems at best to show the mayor with questionable judgement and at worst would suggest campaign finance laws should be rewritten in the future to stop other politicians from doing what Booker did."

And then there's this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06 ... ker-senate_n_3459611.html

"Booker's mere entry into this race meant backpedaling on his publicly stated intent to finish his second term as mayor of New Jersey's largest city, which expires next June. Asked about the turnabout during his campaign kickoff at a downtown dot-com, Booker acknowledged that his campaign plans had been upended."

Every stepping stone on his quest for the White House is just that, something to be stepped on.

1. I?m aware of Waywire. Nothing criminal has occurred there. Bad decisions, yes, but not criminal.

2. The guy is ambitious. I don?t see a problem with that. You do and I don?t understand why.

Just look at Christie. When he was eyeing up his run for governor, he went out of his way to go after Bob Menendez, getting his name in headlines. Of course now you have the whole issue of the PR firm the state overspent money on to use just so Christie could be in the commercials.

Booker running for a higher political office doesn?t bother me. If my company promoted me to oversee another branch, I wouldn?t turn it down saying that my work over there wasn?t finished. Why does anyone expect anything different from politicians?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Where are these ?report after report? from Newark residents saying they are unhappy?

Here are some:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/p ... ore-style-than-substance/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/14/nyr ... ted=1&ref=corybooker&_r=0

The names "Story Looker" and "Mayor Hollywood" are my favorites.

I don't have the rest because I am at work. But there are plenty more out there.

Your Washington Post article makes reference to the NYTimes article. While it is a nice article, it is full of fluff.

I showed you a link that accurately pointed out that 70% of the city has a favorable rating of the mayor. So, who are these ?growing number of Newarkers? complaining that he?s a better marketer than mayor?

Even your article states the following:
Quote:

This troubled city, with its deep, systemic problems, was always an unlikely political springboard. And few people deny Mr. Booker?s accomplishments, particularly compared with those of his predecessor, Sharpe James, who went to federal prison for corruption. Mr. Booker has reduced the city?s structural deficit. Downtown has had a building boom, including the city?s first two hotels, and the city?s first new supermarket in decades has opened in the Central Ward.

?They were attracted by the public persona of Booker, the clean-government attitude that he projects throughout the country,? said Frank Giantomasi, a development lawyer whose firm moved here from the suburbs in the hope of helping the city?s rebirth. ?I think he?s done a fabulous job of telling people what Newark can be and what Newark is right now.?

That person is on the record stating his opinion. Every negative statement is off the record or shrouded in ?fellow New Jersey Democrats? or ?gaining number of Newarkers? or ?They say?. Who are ?they?? Who are these Newarkers? Who are the ?fellow NJ Dems??

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
The guy is an EMPTY SUIT.

Hell, his walleyed face is plastered all over THIS site whenever you post, and you wonder how this horrible guy can get elected?

Please tell me you're joking Pebble...

I don?t know what you mean by ?joking.? You keep arguing that he?s an ?empty suit? yet bring no real evidence. Your best article makes more assertions that he?s done well for Newark than not. I also have not seen a Booker ad on this site. I?m getting stuff for Sprint, the Beacon and Super Buy Rite.

Posted on: 2013/8/29 19:54
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/t ... e-probably-wont-hurt-him/

-snip-

It?s no secret that Booker and Christie
have cultivated a chummy public
relationship over the years. New
Jersey?s two most famous pols have
teamed up to film humorous Web
videos and watch football. The two
have also found common ground on
education.

?One of the criticisms I have of Cory
Booker is he has this very close
relationship with Gov. Christie, and it
hasn?t resulted in anything positive in
my opinion,? Pallone told WNYC-FM?s Brian Lehrer on Tuesday.

The problem for Pallone is that tying
Booker to Christie is not like tying
him to a garden variety Republican.
The governor is immensely popular
? not just among Republicans.

Christie had a 54 percent approval
rating among Democrats in an NBC
News/Marist College poll conducted
in late April and early May. Among
?strong Democrats,? Christie?s
approval rating stood at 49 percent.

A more recent Quinnipiac
University poll conducted earlier
this month showed Democrats
viewing Christie in a less flattering
light. But still, four in 10 New Jersey
Democratic voters said they approve
of the job Christie is doing.

-snip-

Posted on: 2013/8/29 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
The guy is an EMPTY SUIT.

Hell, his walleyed face is plastered all over THIS site whenever you post, and you wonder how this horrible guy can get elected?

Please tell me you're joking Pebble...

Posted on: 2013/8/29 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Pebble,

Quote:

If residents were so unhappy with him, why was he re-elected?

With the exception of an established person like Sharpe James, Bookers' opponents have been walkovers, that's why he got reelected. Ever watch the a tennis grand slam? Ever see when an average/decent player goes far with an easy schedule until the finals? That's how I view Cory's rise to fame. He'll also win the Senate seat, why? Because Lonegan is off his rocker and the Democrats can't put forth a better candidate. The primary race had abysmal turnout, and with his face on every talk show and news program, of course people will vote for him...it's the only name they know?!

Like I said before the Senate race is a choice between two losers, with NJ being the ultimate loser here.

Quote:

The number 1 improvement would be that he removed a criminal from office. Sharpe James stole money from the city and was a complete POS.

Sharpe may be a proven criminal, but Booker isn't too far behind. The controversy with his Waywire start up shouldn't be ignored:
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/08/09/why-vo ... bookers-start-up-problem/

This sums it up nicely:
"A series of New York Times stories have described Booker?s unorthodox role in a Internet start-up company called Waywire that included a 15-year-old board member, massive losses that resulted in layoffs and a business strategy that seemed to do little but enrich the former mayor. The effort seems at best to show the mayor with questionable judgement and at worst would suggest campaign finance laws should be rewritten in the future to stop other politicians from doing what Booker did."

And then there's this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06 ... ker-senate_n_3459611.html

"Booker's mere entry into this race meant backpedaling on his publicly stated intent to finish his second term as mayor of New Jersey's largest city, which expires next June. Asked about the turnabout during his campaign kickoff at a downtown dot-com, Booker acknowledged that his campaign plans had been upended."

Every stepping stone on his quest for the White House is just that, something to be stepped on.

Quote:

Where are these ?report after report? from Newark residents saying they are unhappy?

Here are some:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/p ... ore-style-than-substance/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/14/nyr ... ted=1&ref=corybooker&_r=0

The names "Story Looker" and "Mayor Hollywood" are my favorites.

I don't have the rest because I am at work. But there are plenty more out there.

Posted on: 2013/8/29 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/29 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
20% is high?? That's not exactly an earth shattering number there. But that's just my opinion.

I?m unsure of where Booker got 20% from. A quick search on the Googles gives me a national rate of 43.3 percent returning to prison in three years. However, a number such as 1 in 5 would certainly be high if your goal is get people on their feet towards being productive.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
I think he's bereft of better ideas for more substantial issues. But again, that's just my opinion.

It was part of a speech he gave in reference to MLK?s 50th anniversary of ?I have a dream...? The topic is going to be race. He chose to address this issue of recidivism and how to get that number down. I really don?t think this is his number 1 platform.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
With regards to Booker making Newark better, can anyone anywhere site actual things he's done to qualify or quantify this statement?

I've yet to hear anything on the matter. On the contrary, I've read report after report from Newark residents saying either that nothing has changed, or in some parts, it's worse.

If residents were so unhappy with him, why was he re-elected? Where are these ?report after report? from Newark residents saying they are unhappy? This article (USA Today) mentions a 70% approval rating by city residents.

The number 1 improvement would be that he removed a criminal from office. Sharpe James stole money from the city and was a complete POS. The guy would fly to South America to give graduation speeches all the while charging the city for his lavish expenses, despite getting paid. Booker has done none of this.

I will also reference the article as pointing out two major items:
1. The city relies less on state tax dollars than it has before.
2. He?s been able to bring in more money from private donations than anyone before.

I do think he was a little dishonest with his handling of the police force at one point. During the last election cycle, he waited until after getting re-elected before they cut staff. Politically, it helped him retain office. However, going about it that way wasn?t the best.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
And again, he's leaving before he's even really started to make any changes. It's sad and pathetic that voters in NJ are such fools for his clever PR and marketing.

As I showed above, your statement isn?t accurate. The city has improved.

If you really want clever PR and marketing, look no further than the soon-to-be-re-elected-governor.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
(make a note, Lonegan is NO substitute...this is just an election between who is the LEAST awful candidate, and it's a close one in that regard - which brings me back to my earlier statement. We get what we deserve).

What the state needs is a governor. Booker should have run for that instead, if he really was interested in seeking higher office. As such, he gets low marks from me for skirting around what NJ truly needs and deserves.

Posted on: 2013/8/29 18:36
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
20% is high?? That's not exactly an earth shattering number there. But that's just my opinion.

I think he's bereft of better ideas for more substantial issues. But again, that's just my opinion.

With regards to Booker making Newark better, can anyone anywhere site actual things he's done to qualify or quantify this statement?

I've yet to hear anything on the matter. On the contrary, I've read report after report from Newark residents saying either that nothing has changed, or in some parts, it's worse.

And again, he's leaving before he's even really started to make any changes. It's sad and pathetic that voters in NJ are such fools for his clever PR and marketing.

(make a note, Lonegan is NO substitute...this is just an election between who is the LEAST awful candidate, and it's a close one in that regard - which brings me back to my earlier statement. We get what we deserve).

Posted on: 2013/8/29 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
I can read perfectly fine my friend.

Let's break down my interpretation:
Quote:

Booker says the current criminal justice system is like a revolving door that just keeps pulling people in, increasing recidivism and heightening the crime rate.

That line right there is a direct implication that the prison system is at fault.

At fault for being criminals or at fault for not properly rehabilitating people...?

We know that rehabilitation is what is necessary. If recidivism is high, then the rehabilitation that is currently in existence is not adequate.

I?ll also contend that he?s correct. Prison, at times, creates criminals in the same way that the housing projects did. Instead of providing homes for people to get back on their feet, criminal gang populated the buildings inserting their brand of life.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
What's even more ludicrous is this one:

Quote:

"In New Jersey, blacks make up 14 percent of the state's population but make up over 60 percent of our state's prisons," he added. "There is something fundamentally wrong with those numbers."

He's right, and he is part of the problem. As a mayor of city that contributes highly to this statistic...don't you think maybe he should stay on board and finish what he started?

Let's just hope Fulop isn't as completely full of sh!t as this clown.

I?m in agreement on Fulop. I think he needs to actually achieve something before looking at a higher office.

I think it can be argued fairly that Booker has made Newark better. The question is whether he?s made it good enough that the building blocks are in place for someone else to push the city forward even further. That is something that you?d have to ask Booker.

Obviously, I?m not a Newark resident. However, I?ve spent enough time there and within extreme proximity to see progress. Maybe it is time for Booker to move on. I don?t know for certainty what Newark?s status is internally right now.

Posted on: 2013/8/29 14:41
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
perhaps violent felons should be locked away for life if they repeat their mistakes. i am a liberal but i do feel that there are major flaws with the criminal justice system. Sure, blacks make up a disproportionate share of the prison population, but there are reasons for this..and 95% of blacks are killed by other blacks.

Posted on: 2013/8/29 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I can read perfectly fine my friend.

Let's break down my interpretation:
Quote:

Booker says the current criminal justice system is like a revolving door that just keeps pulling people in, increasing recidivism and heightening the crime rate.

That line right there is a direct implication that the prison system is at fault.

What's even more ludicrous is this one:

Quote:

"In New Jersey, blacks make up 14 percent of the state's population but make up over 60 percent of our state's prisons," he added. "There is something fundamentally wrong with those numbers."

He's right, and he is part of the problem. As a mayor of city that contributes highly to this statistic...don't you think maybe he should stay on board and finish what he started?

Let's just hope Fulop isn't as completely full of sh!t as this clown.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Where did you obtain your reading skills? None of what you wrote is what he stated.

To help clarify this for you, Booker is pointing out the obvious fact that drug addicts need treatment. In the current prison system, they are not receiving that treatment and are instead leaving jail and getting into a life of crime that returns them back to jail.

Booker is not the first nor will he be last person to point that obvious fact out.

I liked Booker when he first started in politics in Newark. The guy genuinely cares. He is also quite ambitious (like mostly all humans). I'm not such a huge fan currently as he has decided to dance this mummers farce with our grotesque governor.

Booker challenged Sharpe James, a complete crook and brought that machine down after losing an election to him. James was a scumbag of the highest order and a criminal (how is he not in jail?). If you've never seen Street Fight (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list= ... C9gTrpRKV1JNIECZrFTxtjjEC), I highly recommend it. The crap that Booker went through in that election is absurd.

Posted on: 2013/8/29 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i can see both sides of the argument. for instance, why not arrest more and more drug users and put them behind bars/get them treatment! Why not make the penalties teeper for them. american drug use also fuels violence in mexico and elsewhere

Posted on: 2013/8/29 13:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
So wait a second, let me get this straight Mr. Soon-to-be-Senator, the jails are the reason so many black people are in jail?

What a f'n piker, and most of you on here will be voting for this empty-suit fraud.

We, as a people, get what we deserve, and our politicians our a reflection of us. That said, it's clear the people of NJ deserve garbage.

Where did you obtain your reading skills? None of what you wrote is what he stated.

To help clarify this for you, Booker is pointing out the obvious fact that drug addicts need treatment. In the current prison system, they are not receiving that treatment and are instead leaving jail and getting into a life of crime that returns them back to jail.

Booker is not the first nor will he be last person to point that obvious fact out.

I liked Booker when he first started in politics in Newark. The guy genuinely cares. He is also quite ambitious (like mostly all humans). I'm not such a huge fan currently as he has decided to dance this mummers farce with our grotesque governor.

Booker challenged Sharpe James, a complete crook and brought that machine down after losing an election to him. James was a scumbag of the highest order and a criminal (how is he not in jail?). If you've never seen Street Fight (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list= ... C9gTrpRKV1JNIECZrFTxtjjEC), I highly recommend it. The crap that Booker went through in that election is absurd.

Posted on: 2013/8/29 13:45
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
So wait a second, let me get this straight Mr. Soon-to-be-Senator, the jails are the reason so many black people are in jail?

What a f'n piker, and most of you on here will be voting for this empty-suit fraud.

We, as a people, get what we deserve, and our politicians our a reflection of us. That said, it's clear the people of NJ deserve garbage.

Posted on: 2013/8/29 12:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Booker touts criminal justice reforms at Jersey City church where MLK appeared

By Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal
August 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Using the 50th anniversary of the historic March on Washington as a theme, Newark Mayor Cory Booker addressed his plans for reforms of the criminal justice system at a Jersey City church this morning.

"These are things that may not be popular, but are urgent," Booker said at the Metropolitan A.M.E. Zion Church, where the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. spoke in 1968, a week before his death. Booker was joined by state Sen. Sandra Cunningham, a Jersey City Democrat.

Booker, a Democrat running against Republican Steve Lonegan in a special U.S. Senate election in October, said he wants to see more rehabilitation and transitioning programs in place. He emphasized that the programs lower re-incarceration rates and save taxpayer dollars in the long run.
"We currently warehouse addicts without treatment," Booker said of those in prison for non-violent drug crimes. "Studies show that 20 percent of people who don't receive treatment are re-incarcerated within three years."

"Gross amounts of taxpayer dollars go to waste eroding the potential of people who could contribute to society," Booker said. "This doesn't even include the costs of re-arrests and re-processing."

Booker cited a plan that would "not focus on the (political) left or right," but on a system that would help to make the people safer and does not divide the community.

"Keeping with Martin Luther King Jr.'s statement that 'we refuse to believe the bank of justice is bankrupt,' I think that the criminal justice system needs to return to being about justice," Booker said to a rousing ovation.

"We need to see pragmatic and common sense things done with the catalyst being bringing people together."

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... c_jersey_city_church.html

Posted on: 2013/8/29 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Here's a more apt quote regarding Presidential elections from a notable writer. I thought it fit well with the Booker victory:

?As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.?

-H.L. Mencken

Posted on: 2013/8/15 18:25

Boss Tweet Wins Senate Primary
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/14 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/13 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
In terms of ideology, Rush Holt is the closest candidate to me. I also like that he is a scientist by trade, and while he does not have the Rock Star appeal of Cory Booker, "five time Jeopardy champion/also beat the computer" at least gives him nerd star appeal.

Barring an upset of major proportions, however, Booker will win today, and I will be fine with him as my Senator. I disagree with him on some issues, but I actually think he'll be better suited as a Senator than as a Mayor.

It is true that if you insist that your liberals be of the red meat variety, he won't be to your liking. I am ideologically inclined that way but I also don't measure a Senator's accomplishments by how many youtube zings he can get against my political opposites.

Finally, on a more parochial level, I will like that we have two Senators that are from large NJ urban areas, have sympathy to those concerns, and experience in those issues.

Posted on: 2013/8/13 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Hahahaha, love it. Point taken LOL.

Posted on: 2013/8/13 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
fixed it for ya.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
You hit the main point right on the head. he hasn't finished his first job, and now the voters are promoting him to a higher office. I can't help but to just shake my head at the people in this state world.

There are too many "low information" voters out there, and it's just sad.

Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Great articles, but it's like pissing in the wind. This election was decided a looooong time ago by the media. I don't think there has ever been a politician with more staged rescues and photo-ops as this empty suit.

You get the politicians you deserve.

Clearly, NJ deserves the bottom of the barrel (and will be getting it!).

eh, I don't think his antics are staged. the guy is genuinely friendly, and puts himself out there. (during his Torico's stop, he happily agreed to take a photo with my foster hound, to feature on Petfinder.)

and I think he's just taking advantage of a prime opportunity to advance his career, as we all would.

that said, I'd much rather see him stick around Newark for a few more years, and actually accomplish more concrete objectives, or, at the very least, use his celebrity to benefit the locals more.

maybe we can hope as much for the next mayor of Newark?

full disclosure: I voted for Holt.

Posted on: 2013/8/13 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You hit the main point right on the head. he hasn't finished his first job, and now the voters are promoting him to a higher office. I can't help but to just shake my head at the people in this state.

There are too many "low information" voters out there, and it's just sad.

Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Great articles, but it's like pissing in the wind. This election was decided a looooong time ago by the media. I don't think there has ever been a politician with more staged rescues and photo-ops as this empty suit.

eh, I don't think his antics are staged. the guy is genuinely friendly, and puts himself out there. (during his Torico's stop, he happily agreed to take a photo with my foster hound, to feature on Petfinder.)

and I think he's just taking advantage of a prime opportunity to advance his career, as we all would.

that said, I'd much rather see him stick around Newark for a few more years, and actually accomplish more concrete objectives, or, at the very least, use his celebrity to benefit the locals more.

Posted on: 2013/8/13 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/13 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/8/13 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/13 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
I also voted for Rush Holt. Booker is a "celebrity" politician - all flash and not enough substance.

Quote:

CatDog wrote:
I was pretty apathetic about this race, and have completely lost all respect for Booker over the past several years. But I just started reading about Rush Holt and this guy sounds like a great fit. I really encourage everybody to read up on Rush Holt if you need to make a last-minute decision.

Rush Holt for Senate

Posted on: 2013/8/13 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
I was pretty apathetic about this race, and have completely lost all respect for Booker over the past several years. But I just started reading about Rush Holt and this guy sounds like a great fit. I really encourage everybody to read up on Rush Holt if you need to make a last-minute decision.

Rush Holt for Senate

Posted on: 2013/8/13 14:10

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017