Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Cory Booker: the inexorable rise of Newark's neoliberal egomaniac
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
He certainyl has, which is why this election is a joke. The fact that Fulop supports both Booker and the resurgence of someone as corrupt as McGreedy is shaking people's confidence in him already.

Posted on: 2013/8/12 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I do not think Booker needs votes from Hudson county he has already won here. Like it or not.

Posted on: 2013/8/12 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/12 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/12 3:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users

Newark Mayor Cory Booker pocketed 'confidential' annual payouts from law firm while in office: "Booker, the front-runner in New Jersey?s Senate race, received five checks from the Trenk DiPasquale law firm from 2007 until 2011. During that time, the firm raked in more than $2 million in fees from local agencies over which Booker has influence."

Posted on: 2013/8/12 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
My conversation with a stranger on the train talking about Cory Booker:

Me: "overheard you talking about voting for Cory Booker, why are you voting for him?"

Her: "because he's great, very inspirational"

Me: "inspirational? Why so?"

Her: "because he's just great. He's done a lot for Newark?"

Me: "he has?? I didn't know that...can you tell me more about something specific he's done?"

Her: "ummmm, well, he's like, made the city better and stuff"

Me: "oh that's cool, how has he made it better?"

Her: "well, he like, he turned it around and ummmm its nicer"

Me: "right but how? What specifically did he do to make that happen. And what exactly is 'nicer'?"

Her: I dunno, he's just awesome!

EXACTLY....SMH....

Posted on: 2013/8/12 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Who's winning the race between Newark and Jersey City in murders? Maybe these two should spend more time getting that under control than running down the shore and schmoozing with Oprah.

Posted on: 2013/8/11 2:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Steve Fulop runs with Cory Booker in Jersey City to remind voters about Tuesday's primary

By Rafal Rogoza / The Jersey Journal
August 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM

As part of his race for the U.S. Senate, Newark Mayor Cory Booker put on his running shoes and with Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop joined a group of downtown Jersey City residents for a noon jog and a scoop of ice cream.

Joggers took off from City Hall, 280 Grove Street, with Booker trailing the group because of an injury forcing him to power walk the 1.5-miles to Torico, a popular homemade ice cream shop at the corner of Erie and 1st Streets.

Dubbed a "Run with Cory in Jersey City", the former Stanford University wide receiver turned down the idea of racing Fulop, a former Marine and Ironman triathlete, and instead the duo settled on a jog followed by a brief meet and greet with voters over some frozen treats.

"If there was a tofu hot dog eating contest I'd win," said Booker, drawing a laugh from the roughly fifty people who gathered in front of City Hall to participate in the event.

Booker, whose seeking the late Frank Lautenberg's seat in the Senate, is facing off in Tuesday's primary against U.S. Rep. Rush Holt Jr., Assemblywoman Sheila Oliver and U.S. Rep. Frank Pallone. Polls show Booker is favored to win the nomination.

The winner of the Democratic primary will face either Alieta Eck or Steve Lonegan, both Republicans, on Oct. 16

During his remarks Fulop said Booker has what it takes to revitalize a stagnate Senate, adding that once he is elected the state of New Jersey will be the only state represented by an African-American and a Hispanic.

Bridget Buckley, 35, a downtown resident who says is active in the community, decided to participate after she received an e-mail from Fulop about the event.

"The primary is in three days, it's a good way to come out and show our support," she said.

Before the jog Booker visited Hoboken, and as part of day two of a five-day statewide bus tour, is scheduled to make appearances later today in Teaneck, Clifton, and Hackensack.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... out_tuesdays_primary.html

Posted on: 2013/8/11 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Cory Booker meets with voters in Jersey City

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
July 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Newark Mayor Cory Booker greeted commuters in Jersey City today as part of his campaign to win a U.S. Senate seat in October.

Booker, appearing with Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop, shook hands with riders and posted for pictures with them at the top of the escalator at the Grove Street PATH station.

Bergen Avenue man Ahmad McKinney, 54, said he happened to be in the area for an eye doctor?s appointment when he ran into the crowd circling the two mayors at Grove Street Plaza.

?This is amazing,? McKinney said. ?Not only is he a great mayor, but he was a great wide receiver at Stanford.?

Booker, who wants to succeed the late Frank Lautenberg in the Senate, is facing off in an Aug. 13 primary against U.S. Rep. Rush Holt Jr., Assemblywoman Sheila Oliver and U.S. Rep. Frank Pallone. Polls show Booker is heavily favored to win.

On Oct. 16, the winner of the Democratic primary will face either Alieta Eck or Steve Lonegan, both Republicans.

McKinney said he plans on voting for Booker both times.

?Of course I am. I voted for Fulop, too,? he said, mispronouncing Fulop?s name.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ey_city.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/7/25 4:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

itgirl wrote:
Pretty grim, borisp.
I'm going to be voting for Holt, or even Pallone, over Booker anyway. I prefer someone with a progressive voting record.

Because you are persuaded by the economic success of the progressive policies that is Detroit?

Posted on: 2013/7/24 3:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/2 14:06
From Marion
Group:
Registered Users
Br6d - I like that you went on a limb here - it is dangerous to poke the cult of Corey but your selections raise super valuable points.

fat-ass-bike - genius idea! a reality show would be so much more fitting than the "news" coverage they enjoy.Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
We need to create a tv show like "politician x factor" or "politician - you've got talent" for these jokers to perform on.

NJ is full of political rock stars and wannabe's !

Posted on: 2013/7/23 5:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
We need to create a tv show like "politician x factor" or "politician - you've got talent" for these jokers to perform on.

NJ is full of political rock stars and wannabe's !

Posted on: 2013/7/23 5:22
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/3 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Pretty grim, borisp.
I'm going to be voting for Holt, or even Pallone, over Booker anyway. I prefer someone with a progressive voting record.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/23 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Br - precisely. The people are too stupid generally to know when a setup is upon them (to see the forest for the trees so to speak). There ar e few politicians with more staged heroic photo ops than this guy. The local media has indeed built Booker up to some cult of personality that isn't authentic. Make no mistake, Lonegan is a crap choice for opposition, but Booker is an empty suit in political terms.

Please note, however, that I speak not for Booker's character or personal traits; he seems to run a clean lifestyle and wouldn't a liability on that front. However, he greases the wheels for Obama's agenda big time. Ask Newark's citizens just how well of a job he's done, those opinions might contradict many of the political ads you see.

Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
Booker for senate!

Will CB be New Jersey's version of Obama ?

Yes.

I'm the guy who started the Barack Obama for President thread on JC List way back in 2007. I didn't expect him to work miracles but I didn't expect a Republican. Which is what he is. And what Bill and Hillary Clinton are. Yes, the Republican Party is worse. But the Democrats are fucking us too. They serve corporations, not us.

10 F-16s sent to Egypt is just the latest. It's not to help Egypt, it's yet another gift to our government's bosses, the Military Industrial Complex.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
He's a politician. Did you read the article about Weiner making his supporters get out of the way when he was having his picture taken.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 16:20

Re: Cory Booker
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Riiiight, because Barry and the dems have done a bang up job so far. Between spying on all Americans, illegally using the IRS for political advantage, getting the Middle East totally wrong and the soon to be train wreck of Obamacare, who could vote otherwise??

But you're right, the Republicans are out to control women's wombs and put a gun in every one of our hands.

You can't be serious. Does Kool-Aid taste good?

(and before the political hacks out there brandish me a right wing nut, back up. I'm no republican)

Quote:

bjay wrote:
I don't understand the Booker-bashing here. The guy is smart, thoughtful, articulate, and responsive to constituents. Those are good traits in a Senator.

And from a national perspective, Booker will have no difficulty defeating a Republican. It is important to keep a Democratic majority in the Senate. If Mitch McConnell became majority leader, we would be in a heap of trouble.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 15:55

Re: Cory Booker
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
I don't understand the Booker-bashing here. The guy is smart, thoughtful, articulate, and responsive to constituents. Those are good traits in a Senator.

And from a national perspective, Booker will have no difficulty defeating a Republican. It is important to keep a Democratic majority in the Senate. If Mitch McConnell became majority leader, we would be in a heap of trouble.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Br - precisely. The people are too stupid generally to know when a setup is upon them (to see the forest for the trees so to speak). There are few politicians with more staged heroic photo ops than this guy. The local media has indeed built Booker up to some cult of personality that isn't authentic. Make no mistake, Lonegan is a crap choice for opposition, but Booker is an empty suit in political terms.

Please note, however, that I speak not for Booker's character or personal traits; he seems to run a clean lifestyle and wouldn't a liability on that front. However, he greases the wheels for Obama's agenda big time. Ask Newark's citizens just how well of a job he's done, those opinions might contradict many of the political ads you see.

Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
Booker for senate!

Yes.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 12:47

Cory Booker for Senate Accepting Applications for Fellowship

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/17 2:59
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Fellowship Description:

The Cory Booker for Senate Fellowship program is now accepting applications for a 4 week Fellowship program.

The CBFS Fellowship Program is a chance for persons to link up and organize with the campaign in a very unique way. You will be trained on our field program, help to build neighborhood teams, engage in communities all across New Jersey while working alongside the staff.

We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, organized and are willing to give a significant amount of their time to the campaign ? at least 15 hours a week.

CBFS Fellows will learn the principles of grassroots organizing and immediately apply them by working directly with Field Organizers to build teams, recruit volunteers, and contact and turn out voters to support Mayor Booker in the August 13th Special Election Primary.

Fellows can have a range of experience levels ? we welcome anyone who can bring dedication, hard work and creativity to the campaign. All applicants should demonstrate commitment to getting Mayor Cory Booker elected to the U.S. Senate.

The Fellowship is an unpaid position.

Please apply at the link: http://bit.ly/12T0TYM
And shoot me an email if you're interested in staying in the Hudson County area, and we can meet up soon.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 18:37
Eric Williams, Field Organizer
Cory Booker for Senate
201-839-6741
Eric@CoryBooker.com

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
Booker for senate!

Yes.

Posted on: 2013/6/18 23:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
And carjacker too.

Quote:
Dahood wrote: Booker for senate! http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/201 ... hours.html#incart_m-rpt-1 That's awesome news - every armed robber should be gunned down, even shot from the back. Good for him. Posted on: Today 16:11

Posted on: 2013/6/18 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Dahood wrote:
Booker for senate!

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/201 ... hours.html#incart_m-rpt-1

That's awesome news - every armed robber should be gunned down, even shot from the back. Good for him.

Posted on: 2013/6/18 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
Booker for senate!

Posted on: 2013/6/18 14:47
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/6/18 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ripple wrote:
Booker deciding to run right now does seem out of character. With all of his kitten saving and ghetto living, I almost expected him to either wait until 2014 to run for Senate.

He didn't have a choice. The seat is empty now.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 4:23
I live by the river.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/20 2:05
Group:
Registered Users
Lots of Twitter love last month When Fulop Met Booker...

Posted on: 2013/6/14 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ripple wrote:
Booker deciding to run right now does seem out of character. With all of his kitten saving and ghetto living, I almost expected him to either wait until 2014 to run for Senate or wait until 2016 to run for governor after a slimmed-down Christie inevitably gets the GOP nod.

In the end, keeping a democrat in Lautenberg's seat might generate more good than Booker staying in Newark for another year or two, but it's a departure from his MO.

For the Senate, in 14 it would be a much harder run against a GOP incumbent, or even harder against a Dem incumbent in a primary. Christie won't have to step down to run for pres, so there's be a Gov seat open only if he wins (god forbid). Running now is a no brainer.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
Booker deciding to run right now does seem out of character. With all of his kitten saving and ghetto living, I almost expected him to either wait until 2014 to run for Senate or wait until 2016 to run for governor after a slimmed-down Christie inevitably gets the GOP nod.

In the end, keeping a democrat in Lautenberg's seat might generate more good than Booker staying in Newark for another year or two, but it's a departure from his MO.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
The Guardian is probably the closest thing to a mainstream marxist broadsheet in the western hemisphere. Cory should worry if they were heaping praise on him.
if I remember right, during the election, the Guardian couldn't stop writing about how Romney was the best dude ever, and Obama was terrible and was going to lose the election in a landslide.

So I'm pretty sure they just like to bash Obama and liberals, no matter how they do it. Maybe they'll call them socialists, or maybe they'll call them corporate whores. Whatever works at the moment.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 18:49

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017