Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: WARD B: ESTHER WINTNER or KHEMRAJ "CHICO" RAMCHAL? WHY?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/13 15:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mouse wrote:
The first council meeting (in July) will show who is supportive of the idea of moving Jersey City forward and who wants to obstruct, criticize, and stand in the way.

Let no one doubt this was a change election.

Team Fulop 8 for 10
Team Healy 0 for 10
Independents 2 for 3 (in runoff)

Fulop himself up more than 3,000 votes over Healy's highest total ever (which came in a November general election)

City Council demographics:
Not born in JC: 5
White/Euro: 3, Black: 2, Asian: 2, Latino: 1, West Indian: 1, Irish: 0
Total years of Council experience: 2

What's it mean? At a minimum, you can say that JC voters convincingly stated they are not interested in continually refighting the political battles of years past. Anyone trying to keep these going will probably find themselves on the political sidelines as well as the ash heap of history.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
The first council meeting (in July) will show who is supportive of the idea of moving Jersey City forward and who wants to obstruct, criticize, and stand in the way.

Some people are only "happy" when they are whining, moaning, and complaining. Others are willing to roll up their sleeves and do the actual work.

Does Jersey City have problems and challenges? Undoubtedly. This was years in the making.

Will the people of Jersey City and the new administration work for a better future? You can count on it.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 18:28
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The first abatement granted under this administration shows some are winners and others are losers.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Under the Faulkner Act which governs JC, the mayor runs the city and all of its departments but the council represents the people. They are the legislative body. Time will tell, if the council represents the people or the mayor.

They can do both simultaneously. Its not a mutually exclusive decision.

We have a mayor ready, willing, & able to move the city forward to benefit residents. A mayor who knows who that his constituents are the voters not campaign financiers. As long as our mayor's and a majority of the councilpersons' motivations are aligned with moving the city in a positive direction we are winners.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We should keep a running tab on who accomplishes more in Ward B over the next 4 years, a woman who lost but got grant money for the city to hire more cops or Chico who has stated on video that he will rely on Bill O'Dea.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Congratulations to Chico! The voters have favored him emphatically over the other candidates. A 3-1 win over the tea party activist is a monumental victory.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Under the Faulkner Act which governs JC, the mayor runs the city and all of its departments but the council represents the people. They are the legislative body. Time will tell, if the council represents the people or the mayor.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 13:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 23:51
From The West Side!
Group:
Registered Users
This election is thankfully now behind us. All the candidates deserve our respect for stepping forward and seeking to serve the people of Jersey City.

In the heat of a campaign, we may at times lose sight of the big picture. Now is a good time to refocus on what brought most of us into this: a desire to make our neighborhoods and our city better than they are today.

Mayor-elect Fulop and the incoming Council members will need our help if they are to be effective. Sometimes that will mean challenging them. More often it will mean working with them. And always it will mean supporting them by putting our own work, ideas, and passion into this great City.

I would like to extend my personal thanks to all the many fine people I had the opportunity to meet and work with during this long campaign season. And I wish us ALL the best in the months to come. Our City needs us, and we need each other.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 13:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

Mouse wrote:
By the way, show of hands... how many people commenting on this thread actually LIVE in Ward C?

I live in Ward B (the ward that this post is actually talking about), and I voted as follows:

COUNCILPERSON AT-LARGE:

Richardson
Watterman
Rivera

WARD COUNCILPERSON:

Wintner

I can understand your vote for Wintner. But why vote for Richardson, especially instead of Lavaro who has proven he is responsive and effective? She has done nothing for Jersey City and has had a long time in office to make a positive impact, yet hasn't. She is the last person, aside from Epps, that deserves another penny of $ from JC.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 20:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Quote:

Magnus wrote:

3. Represents a part of the city and Ward B that needs a place at the table more than another NYC yuppie import

This sucks to hear somebody say this, although I understand the sentiment....

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY; I'm not a yuppie (but certainly get grouped with them because I'm white). I moved to JC 5 yrs ago to flee the extensive gentrification of Bloomberg's "rich man's playground or FK off" mantra, which NYC has become.....

As a matter of fact, there are many people living here in JC, that are originally from NYC, that are not yuppies or hipsters...

That being said, I completely understand your point but, in this day and age, I cannot fathom an elected official without a formal education.

How can we trust such a person with education issues or budget issues? How can we be sure that a person who didn't make it through High School, can have the knowledge and understanding to tackle other difficult issues?

My vote went to Wintner in part, because, ironically, she supports higher education. She plans on making a "University Way" here in Ward B, which I fully support!

Graduating from BHS is to a formal education as beer pong is to an olympic sport.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 18:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/7 16:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Magnus wrote:

3. Represents a part of the city and Ward B that needs a place at the table more than another NYC yuppie import

This sucks to hear somebody say this, although I understand the sentiment....

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY; I'm not a yuppie (but certainly get grouped with them because I'm white). I moved to JC 5 yrs ago to flee the extensive gentrification of Bloomberg's "rich man's playground or FK off" mantra, which NYC has become.....

As a matter of fact, there are many people living here in JC, that are originally from NYC, that are not yuppies or hipsters...

That being said, I completely understand your point but, in this day and age, I cannot fathom an elected official without a formal education.

How can we trust such a person with education issues or budget issues? How can we be sure that a person who didn't make it through High School, can have the knowledge and understanding to tackle other difficult issues?

My vote went to Wintner in part, because, ironically, she supports higher education. She plans on making a "University Way" here in Ward B, which I fully support!

Posted on: 2013/6/11 17:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/7 16:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mouse wrote:
By the way, show of hands... how many people commenting on this thread actually LIVE in Ward C?

I live in Ward B (the ward that this post is actually talking about), and I voted as follows:

COUNCILPERSON AT-LARGE:

Richardson
Watterman
Rivera

WARD COUNCILPERSON:

Wintner

Posted on: 2013/6/11 17:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/24 17:49
Group:
Registered Users
Chico has no kind of education. He didnt go bayonne, New Jersey University, NJIT, Miami etc. He was a backyard mechanic. Chico drives around jersey city posing as law enforcement, and wears homeland security jackets. He has a walkie talkie in his car to make people believe he is of authority. He is the biggest fraud, in fact last year during a christmas event he and his team stole presents, gift cards to target i believe. How come no one is bringing these things up, doing a back ground education check on him? The list goes on and on with this one... This is what jersey city should progress from, not to. Its time the crookedness comes to an end.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
This thread died 8 postings back. Good Day!

Try stillborn.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 15:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
*This comment is just thread filler* This thread died 8 postings back. Good Day!

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Healy must be laughing now, Ward E went after him as an incompetent politician. So what do the Fulop team embrace? A guy with a phony HS diploma. At least Healy has a law degree!

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne, you really need to stop harping on this one point. It annoying as hell.

Tell us why you think Esther is the best candidate instead.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
To quote a blogger on the site: "Stop Electing Idiots!"

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Education obviously isn't his thing, but let's keep an open mind and see how he performs on the council.

That's an absurd level of blind faith to put in a person, especially in this city. Replace "Education" with "Sobriety" or "Ethics" and you can describe any loser we've had running this place in the last hundred years.

The fact is, the voters in Ward B knew that Chico didn't have a college education, and still voted him in. Now at the top of the 9th he's being called out for his high school record! The voters have made their decision, and it will be final after the polls close tonight. They'll get what they asked for, good or bad.

Nobody is emphasizing his high school record. They're pointing out that he lied about it. Furthermore, he lied that he went to Bayonne High School. Who would want to claim that?

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
user1111 wrote:
She never said New Jersey is a joke, this is a made up fact, what she said was "This is very, very New Jersey,"

Quote:
Frank_M wrote:
Still, a very, very stupid remark.

Quote:
user1111 wrote:
well it has been very, very true for a long time.

It's about about as true as prejudiced gems like these:

?Sex with underage prostitutes is very, very Italian.?

?Genocide is very, very German.?

?Throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails at police is very, very Greek.?

?Fascism is very, very, Spanish.?

?Alcoholism is very, very, Irish.?

?Smoking is very, very, French.?

"Domestic violence is very, very, Russian."

"War is very, very, American."

Anyway, sorry to derail such a productive thread.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Education obviously isn't his thing, but let's keep an open mind and see how he performs on the council.

That's an absurd level of blind faith to put in a person, especially in this city. Replace "Education" with "Sobriety" or "Ethics" and you can describe any loser we've had running this place in the last hundred years.

The fact is, the voters in Ward B knew that Chico didn't have a college education, and still voted him in. Now at the top of the 9th he's being called out for his high school record! The voters have made their decision, and it will be final after the polls close tonight. They'll get what they asked for, good or bad.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The Rachel Maddow Show did a segment on Jersey City on the "Naked Mayor." Her final comment was New Jersey is a joke because of the people we elect. We can continue this pattern today and elect a person with a phony high school diploma or we can elected an independent person. Will our city become another joke or will it move forward?

Without cable TV, maybe I?m just too ill-informed to comprehend the journalistic prowess of such gifted television personalities, but one of the wealthiest, most well-educated states in the country is a joke, huh?

What a dolt. She's a member of one of the the biggest jokes in America: Half-assed news as entertainment.

She never said New Jersey is a joke, this is a made up fact, what she said was "This is very, very New Jersey,"

well it has been very, very true for a long time.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

SOS wrote:

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The Rachel Maddow Show did a segment on Jersey City on the "Naked Mayor." Her final comment was New Jersey is a joke because of the people we elect. We can continue this pattern today and elect a person with a phony high school diploma or we can elected an independent person. Will our city become another joke or will it move forward?

Without cable TV, maybe I?m just too ill-informed to comprehend the journalistic prowess of such gifted television personalities, but one of the wealthiest, most well-educated states in the country is a joke, huh?

What a dolt. She's a member of one of the the biggest jokes in America: Half-assed news as entertainment.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Unfortunately he has failed the integrity and honesty scrutiny by his own false claims

Does anyone give a rat's @ss where Chico went to high school, or if if Chico or someone on his campaign puffed his resume a bit (other than Yvonne or FAB)? What is more important is his college record. Attended NJCU - clearly means he attended but didn't graduate. With that fact, he still got the most votes in Ward B. Education obviously isn't his thing, but let's keep an open mind and see how he performs on the council.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2013/6/11 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2013/6/11 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/11 13:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately he has failed the integrity and honesty scrutiny by his own false claims

Posted on: 2013/6/11 10:28
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 23:51
From The West Side!
Group:
Registered Users
I work with Chico Ramchal as a Team Fulop volunteer, so I am committed to helping him win election as my Councilman. I'll be the first to admit I did not immediately envision Chico in that position. It was Chico himself who won me over, not by persuading me, but by showing me what he brings to the table. I am happy to say why I believe he's the best candidate for Ward B.

Everybody says he's hard-working. That's true. He is also a passionate partisan for his beloved west side, and knows the ward and it's people better than just about anybody.

Chico is smart, and he learns quickly. He'd be the first to admit he's not polished, and that his learning is not principally book-learning. But do not doubt that he has the capacity to study and learn what he needs to.

He's good with people. He makes good judgments about others, he treats people well, and they respond to him. He's willing to listen to people and learn from them. These are important leadership qualities. It's no accident that all his previous opponents and the outgoing Ward B Councilman Dave Donnelly are now endorsing him. I think they're doing so mostly for personal reasons that have to do with Chico's character, his loyalty, and a trust factor that he's earned.

During this campaign, when attacked, Chico's response has not been to go out and tear down signs or call names or attack back. He fights back by working harder. That's admirable, and will serve him well in future battles.

There is one other thing I've seen in him that I haven't heard others mention. Chico Ramchal has a lot of upside potential. His relative youth gives him energy, a kind of dynamism that I haven't seen much of in City Hall, and this gives him room to develop. I've seen him grow substantially over the past year. I think with Chico Ramchal our ward gets a Councilman who already brings a lot to the job and is going to grow in the role.

This is why I am voting for Chico Ramchal for Ward B Council. I hope you and many others will do the same.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 9:43

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017