Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Extended Warranty - PC Richards, Home Depot - feedback?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/17 17:38
Group:
Registered Users
I purchased a warranty from PC Richards for my oven (Kitchen Aid) and I did need to use it. I got an appointment quickly and the repairman was really nice. Was worth it to me since things tend to happen with appliances that are used so often.

Hope this helps!

Posted on: 2013/6/5 12:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
The only extended warranty I can recall getting in recent memory was on a TV. I did have occasion to use it to replace a bulb, something that couldn't be done by the average consumer. As a result, I bought an extended warranty on my new TV. I used squaredeal as a result of a friend's recommendation and favorable reviews on the Internet. It cost about $40 less than HH Gregg's warranty and was for one year longer, 4 years total. The warranty details were difficult to find but I found them after calling. The warranty calls for in home service. I'm the first to admit that it was probably unnecessary, but I have peace of mind.

SRhia wrote:
Does anyone has feedback, or stories, about extended warranty from PC Richards and/or Home Depot?

We're buying a washer and fridge, and is thinking about getting extended warranties for both appliances (Should we?) - and we have the option of buying from either PC Richards or Home Depot (probably PC Richards).

Would love to hear some real life experiences from either places? I did some quick research on web, and found tons of horrible feedback (I suspect partially since people with bad experience tend to complain more), so I'm a bit concerned.

thanks in advance.[/quote]

Posted on: 2013/6/4 22:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/5 23:38
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder how many of the 168 people who've read this thread have actually had an appliance fail during the original or what would have been the extended warranty period?

This wasn't about TVs or other home electronics originally, but the same thought applies.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

anonymess wrote:
Bad deal and I go along with jcneighbor. PC Richards also has a reputation for hardselling warranties to the point of making the customer feel stupid if he refuses. Having said that, if you still want a warranty, get it here - www.squaretrade.com/?. You'll save lots of money and deal with a reputable company.

Square Trade is not a goood deal for me it would have cost $5 more for one year less. Plus there are no details about what the procedures are. And not sure if I would have to either ship, carry-in, or have in home service. Best Buy was half the price in extended warranty compared to PC Richard for televisions.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 11:40
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
Bad deal and I go along with jcneighbor. PC Richards also has a reputation for hardselling warranties to the point of making the customer feel stupid if he refuses. Having said that, if you still want a warranty, get it here - www.squaretrade.com/?. You'll save lots of money and deal with a reputable company.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Not a bad thing to consider. I recently bought a 29" Insignia DVD TV from Best Buy paid $230 and took out a 5 year warranty for $50 that averages 10 bucks a year. If you use a credit card they double the manufactuer's warranty which is usually from the one year parts and labor to two years. What I get from BB is that it is their brand so an easier plea to deal with, I can bring the set to the store without having to ship it out, (big sets have in home service) and they will either repair the set of give me a new TV equal in value. You have to do the math and see if it is worth it.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 2:23
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/5 23:38
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
PC Richards will try to sell you anything and everything "extra". Can't speak for Home Depot. Statistically (and I was in the insurance business for 25 years and the consumer electronics business before that) it's a bad purchase. Yes, you might get a lemon and after fighting with them for a week or 3 or 6 (without your appliances working) they might fix it. Or maybe not...

Save your money up front. Buy a good brand with positive product reviews. Really, the extended warranty is a major sales pitch for the salesperson because they get a bonus commission on it, then the store gets a cut and the insurance company (which might or might not be owned by the store) gets the rest of the premium. Truly a foolish purchase in my opinion.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 21:48

Extended Warranty - PC Richards, Home Depot - feedback?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone has feedback, or stories, about extended warranty from PC Richards and/or Home Depot?

We're buying a washer and fridge, and is thinking about getting extended warranties for both appliances (Should we?) - and we have the option of buying from either PC Richards or Home Depot (probably PC Richards).

Would love to hear some real life experiences from either places? I did some quick research on web, and found tons of horrible feedback (I suspect partially since people with bad experience tend to complain more), so I'm a bit concerned.

thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 21:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017