Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City gun violence leaves at least two dead, some dozen injured over week
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Society and women need more guns on the streets.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/5/22 6:55
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Jersey City gun violence leaves at least two dead, some dozen injured over week
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Quote:

About the gun-buyback program, he said, ?I don?t know how effective it is ... You?re really not getting the (illegal) guns off the street.?

Good. Steven actually understands gun control

Now lets see if he does anything about it. I still have my doubts how tough he will be on crime, but I am hoping he proves me wrong.

In reality there is only so much a mayor can do. I'm hopeful he is better, but parts of JC will remain very violent for years no matter what he does or does not do.

If what you say is true, then he is a failure. NYC had some of the most violent areas which have been cleaned up Bed Stuy, LES, and Harlem. If he can not clean up Jersey City then he will be voted out 2017. Ward A voted for him because we had hope he can do what the big dogs did in NYC which is way bigger than this hole in the wall. Besides he must have some sort of plan to clean up, why else would he be moving to the hood (Bergen Lafayette) which is more gangsta than GV
NY and NJ are two different animals. Many things are different that effect crime on this side of the river. For one NJ as a whole is softer on criminals when it comes to sentencing NY is not. As much hard drugs as NYC has, when the crack era slowed down a large percentage of dealers started focusing on marijuana more as a source of income. You still have and always will have your big time dealers of hard drugs but more dealers used the fact that the average narcotics detective was focused on harder drugs and the fact marijuana is decriminalized in NY to make illegal money with less risk and less violence. Add all the other factors that contributed to NYC crime rate dropping and you will notice this one fact alone plays one of the most over looked parts of the big picture.

Where as in NJ when the crack era came to an end the heroin epidemic was in full effect so much so NJ (not NY) is considered the Heroin capital in the country. Dealing heroin carries a heavier prison sentence then most other drugs and when you add the fact NJ is famous for handing out concurrent sentences for multiple crimes if the criminal pleads guilty. So that actually adds to the violence. In this state a dealer caught with heroin can do the same amount of prison time as a another dealer caught that committed an assault with a firearm, possession of an illegal firearm and the same amount of heroin. Why? Because in NJ he is more likely to receive a concurrent sentence and it would be like he is only serving time for one of those crimes. This gives gang members that know the system more incentive to carry a gun to protect their "business" with the same risk.

Mix in the fact NJ is known as a gang strong hold on the East Coast (more so then NYC) because of the fact here gangs don't just fight over money or drugs only like in NYC. They will fight over sets/colors. To make it worst a lot of these gang members and criminals in JC smoke PCP so they literally are insane. That drug has a reputation for being more available in this city then most of the State.

Good news is JC has a much lower criminal population for its size then all the major crime cities in this state. If I wanted to reduce crime I would tell the police department to focus on the heroin and PCP trade in this city and for the most part give the marijuana trade a free pass. Make the most violent gangs/crews a priority and announce this fact in the news (gangs read the JJ too). Violence and gangs would be my main target. Then I would make sure the kids in this city get more programs and activities to keep them busy but not just until 5pm like most but 10pm so they don't get time to associate with the losers. Most of the shooting and murders here are gang related and if you can give the kids better things to do then hanging on corners that can reduce the gangs recruiting pool right there. They would slowly age themselves out with out a younger generation to take over the gang.

As far as this recent surge in shooting I am starting to think I was right. Heard a rumor today the young man killed on Kensington visited the 2 gunshot victims shot in Marion at JCMC before he was killed. So that shows these shootings are related. You have 2 shot in Marion(Blood area)10:30pm last Wednesday night, 2 shot at Rutgers(Crip area) early last Friday morning, 4 shot in Booker T(Crip area) last Friday night, Murder Kensington(possible Blood associate/member)last Sunday night, 12 year old murdered and Father shot on Rutgers (crip area) this Friday. A couple other shootings I could see be ing a part of this but these are the ones I get the strongest feeling are related. But this effects the whole city so don't think this doesn't concern you because you aren't in a gang. Remember the murder by Exchange Place? That was a Blood killing a Crip. The murder a few years ago at 16th st? Crips killing a Blood. The machete attack at Wayne? Trinitarios vs Bloods. So yes even Downtown can get caught in these gang wars so be alert and concerned because JC needs to be united to combat crime, divided works in the gangs favor. What should be more evident to you over the last month is criminals have poor aim and off the top of my head 5-6 innocent by standers have been shot in the last few weeks ranging in age from 12-70, three of which were shot in the day time.

Interesting. Well said.

Posted on: 2013/5/22 3:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Quote:

About the gun-buyback program, he said, ?I don?t know how effective it is ... You?re really not getting the (illegal) guns off the street.?

Now lets see if he does anything about it. I still have my doubts how tough he will be on crime, but I am hoping he proves me wrong.

In reality there is only so much a mayor can do. I'm hopeful he is better, but parts of JC will remain very violent for years no matter what he does or does not do.

If what you say is true, then he is a failure. NYC had some of the most violent areas which have been cleaned up Bed Stuy, LES, and Harlem. If he can not clean up Jersey City then he will be voted out 2017. Ward A voted for him because we had hope he can do what the big dogs did in NYC which is way bigger than this hole in the wall. Besides he must have some sort of plan to clean up, why else would he be moving to the hood (Bergen Lafayette) which is more gangsta than GV
NY and NJ are two different animals. Many things are different that effect crime on this side of the river. For one NJ as a whole is softer on criminals when it comes to sentencing NY is not. As much hard drugs as NYC has, when the crack era slowed down a large percentage of dealers started focusing on marijuana more as a source of income. You still have and always will have your big time dealers of hard drugs but more dealers used the fact that the average narcotics detective was focused on harder drugs and the fact marijuana is decriminalized in NY to make illegal money with less risk and less violence. Add all the other factors that contributed to NYC crime rate dropping and you will notice this one fact alone plays one of the most over looked parts of the big picture.

Where as in NJ when the crack era came to an end the heroin epidemic was in full effect so much so NJ (not NY) is considered the Heroin capital in the country. Dealing heroin carries a heavier prison sentence then most other drugs and when you add the fact NJ is famous for handing out concurrent sentences for multiple crimes if the criminal pleads guilty. So that actually adds to the violence. In this state a dealer caught with heroin can do the same amount of prison time as a another dealer caught that committed an assault with a firearm, possession of an illegal firearm and the same amount of heroin. Why? Because in NJ he is more likely to receive a concurrent sentence and it would be like he is only serving time for one of those crimes. This gives gang members that know the system more incentive to carry a gun to protect their "business" with the same risk.

Mix in the fact NJ is known as a gang strong hold on the East Coast (more so then NYC) because of the fact here gangs don't just fight over money or drugs only like in NYC. They will fight over sets/colors. To make it worst a lot of these gang members and criminals in JC smoke PCP so they literally are insane. That drug has a reputation for being more available in this city then most of the State.

Good news is JC has a much lower criminal population for its size then all the major crime cities in this state. If I wanted to reduce crime I would tell the police department to focus on the heroin and PCP trade in this city and for the most part give the marijuana trade a free pass. Make the most violent gangs/crews a priority and announce this fact in the news (gangs read the JJ too). Violence and gangs would be my main target. Then I would make sure the kids in this city get more programs and activities to keep them busy but not just until 5pm like most but 10pm so they don't get time to associate with the losers. Most of the shooting and murders here are gang related and if you can give the kids better things to do then hanging on corners that can reduce the gangs recruiting pool right there. They would slowly age themselves out with out a younger generation to take over the gang.

As far as this recent surge in shooting I am starting to think I was right. Heard a rumor today the young man killed on Kensington visited the 2 gunshot victims shot in Marion at JCMC before he was killed. So that shows these shootings are related. You have 2 shot in Marion(Blood area)10:30pm last Wednesday night, 2 shot at Rutgers(Crip area) early last Friday morning, 4 shot in Booker T(Crip area) last Friday night, Murder Kensington(possible Blood associate/member)last Sunday night, 12 year old murdered and Father shot on Rutgers (crip area) this Friday. A couple other shootings I could see be ing a part of this but these are the ones I get the strongest feeling are related. But this effects the whole city so don't think this doesn't concern you because you aren't in a gang. Remember the murder by Exchange Place? That was a Blood killing a Crip. The murder a few years ago at 16th st? Crips killing a Blood. The machete attack at Wayne? Trinitarios vs Bloods. So yes even Downtown can get caught in these gang wars so be alert and concerned because JC needs to be united to combat crime, divided works in the gangs favor. What should be more evident to you over the last month is criminals have poor aim and off the top of my head 5-6 innocent by standers have been shot in the last few weeks ranging in age from 12-70, three of which were shot in the day time.

Posted on: 2013/5/21 7:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
I think all of us can agree that less naked fat guys and more women in tight shorts is needed in this society....what are we talking about?

Posted on: 2013/5/21 5:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
well, i'm not as easy on the eyes as Tori Nonaka, but I do shoot competitive IDPA.

most people are ignorant on how regular citizens can be a much more competent shooter than your average LEO.

some posters infantile responses reminds me of the knee-jerk reactionary replies in the gun-owning community which i have stopped participating.

if you have have a logical and reasoned argument that supports your point of view - let's hear it. otherwise it just reminds me of the posts that the brain-dead NRA gun nuts i've seen.

oh, but it's still okay to post photos of yourself in underwear.

Posted on: 2013/5/21 2:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
He is the classic red-neck; displaying sex, guns and rock & roll.

HOWEVER, with closer observation we note the single bed, the balding mullet, the red rash in the crutch area and most likely love's dukes of hazard !!
Police Chief Comey should recruit this guy to patrol JC !

Posted on: 2013/5/21 2:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/24 10:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
We need more people to have guns in society !

Resized Image

Only if they look and shoot like these gun owners

Posted on: 2013/5/21 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Nice picture! you look good!

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/5/21 2:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/5/21 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
No. For me, the real solution is to allow concealed carry for civilians able to demonstrate a high standard of proficiency with their chosen weapon. Then you can double or triple the security in JC without the need for cops/tax dollars. This works in hundreds of cities across the United States.

Quote:

SixthBoro wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
I say we should immediately institute Stop and Frisk

Sure, it works for NYPD and it would definitely work for JCPD. But the amount of civil rights groups that will cry over it would end up costing the city more money in legal fees. The city needs more cops in general, not just walking the beat.

Posted on: 2013/5/21 2:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/4 18:28
Group:
Banned
Stop & Frisk is a gross infringement of our 4th Amendment rights. I for one, will not tolerate my rights being violated in order to prop up the post-9/11 "security theatre" matrix and growing police state.

I simply have too much self respect to allow myself to be violated on this level.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 20:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/19 14:48
From Marion
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:

Sure, it works for NYPD and it would definitely work for JCPD. But the amount of civil rights groups that will cry over it would end up costing the city more money in legal fees. The city needs more cops in general, not just walking the beat.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 20:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/4 18:28
Group:
Banned
Actually, there is no such thing as 'gun control'. There are only those who understand and protect our innate right to keep and bear arms and those who attempt to infringe those rights. Tomorrow, I'll be up in Albany rallying for the repeal of the NY SAFE Act.

If you take your rights seriously, please come join us.

http://www.meetup.com/CNY-oathkeepers/events/116674462/

Posted on: 2013/5/20 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

moobycow wrote:
We're just not going to agree on this. We'll see in 4 years what has happened, but there's no magic bullet for reducing crime (despite what Giuliani would have you believe, crime started decreasing rapidly before he got there and decreased at a similar, but slightly lower, rate in almost every major city during his time as mayor).

There are things to be done, and lord knows JC can do a lot more, but if there was an easy formula for this no city would have these sorts of problems and NYC wouldn't still have its own pockets that they can't seem to clean up.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
It was really depressing eating lunch with my young daughter today with an ABC news segment being broadcast about all the shootings in Jersey City over the past few days. They said a 12 year old was killed in the crossfire among other things.

I hope Fulop can work well with the police to increase police efficiency and lower crime. It's not an easy or overnight task but it has to improve if JC is going to continue its' recovery...

Posted on: 2013/5/20 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
We're just not going to agree on this. We'll see in 4 years what has happened, but there's no magic bullet for reducing crime (despite what Giuliani would have you believe, crime started decreasing rapidly before he got there and decreased at a similar, but slightly lower, rate in almost every major city during his time as mayor).

There are things to be done, and lord knows JC can do a lot more, but if there was an easy formula for this no city would have these sorts of problems and NYC wouldn't still have its own pockets that they can't seem to clean up.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
One street corner? I'm sure Fulop can manage that. There are still parts of NYC that are problems even now. We have entrenched poverty, generations of crime, a budget crunch and a relatively large percentage of the city that is a problem. You're going to be disappointed.

I am talking about the entire area of the LES. You must not travel through the entire city like I do, Bergen Lafayette and Gv only have about 8 hot spot that are drug and gang infested. The entire city is not as bad as these 8 spots.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
One street corner? I'm sure Fulop can manage that. There are still parts of NYC that are problems even now. We have entrenched poverty, generations of crime, a budget crunch and a relatively large percentage of the city that is a problem. You're going to be disappointed.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

And did that happen immediately or did it take 20 years, a lot of gentrification, a booming economy for a lot for the time and a nationwide downtrend in crime?

I'm not saying he can't improve things, I'm saying he doesn't have a magic wand to make it disappear quickly. You want it 'cleaned up' in 4 years? That's simply not going to happen.

I lived on Orchard and Broom when Rudy became mayor and it was cleaned up within six months not 20 years. Besides Fulop ran on quality of life for the entire city not just part of it. Just as easily we voted him in we can vote him out.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

And did that happen immediately or did it take 20 years, a lot of gentrification, a booming economy for a lot for the time and a nationwide downtrend in crime?

I'm not saying he can't improve things, I'm saying he doesn't have a magic wand to make it disappear quickly. You want it 'cleaned up' in 4 years? That's simply not going to happen.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/5/20 12:57

Edited by user1111 on 2013/5/20 13:13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/5/20 12:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/5/20 12:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/5/20 12:24

Jersey City gun violence leaves at least two dead, some dozen injured over week
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ken Thorbourne/The Jersey Journal

An explosion of gun violence has rocked Jersey City over the past week or so, seeming to culminate Friday night with the killing of a 12-year-old who was bouncing a basketball with his dad.

This gun play, which Police Chief Tom Comey calls ?concerning and problematic,? has so far left about a dozen injured and two dead. The unrelated incidents have been varied.

A 42-year-old woman and a 37-year-old woman, scrambling to escape gunfire, were struck by several bullets outside of a liquor store on Ocean Avenue near Claremont Avenue around 2:30 Thursday afternoon. Police don?t believe the man and the woman were the intended targets of the shooter.

On May 11, a 47-year-old woman attending a fundraiser at West Side bar for a council ??candidate on Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy?s slate was hit in the chest by a stray bullet. The shooter told police he was selling Ecstasy pills in a nearby alley when two men started running away without paying for the drugs. He opened fire and a bullet struck the innocent bystander, police said.

The next day, Mother?s Day, Hikeem J. Neals, 23, was found fatally shot in the head in his Kensington Avenue apartment. No one has been charged and no motive has been established.

?I was in bed when it happened. I heard shots and I got so scared,? said an 80-year-old resident who lives in the same building where Neals lived. ?This was my paradise, my home. Now I?m scared to be here.?

In a bizarre case, one of the persons charged in Thursday?s shooting of a 24-year-old father is the mother of his three children.

The father told police he was visiting with his kids at the Wade Street apartment of his ex, Rasheedah Martin, and was confronted by two men when he walked out of his children?s bedroom. One of the men, later identified as Shawn Gordon, 19, shot him in the thigh, according to police reports.

The victim told police that he had been in family court with Martin hours earlier and that their children were to be taken away from Martin, the police report said.

Martin, 31, was charged with hindering apprehension after she admitted that she had lied about the identities of the other three people allegedly involved, police said. Gordon, of Bidwell Avenue, was charged with attempted murder, conspiracy, endangering the welfare of a child, hindering apprehension and weapons charges.

This latest spasm of gun violence in the city seemed to kick off Friday, May 10, when four people suffered non-life threatening gunshots wounds in the Booker T. Washington public housing complex.

In another group-style attack about a week later, three men opened fire Thursday night in front of an apartment building on Summit Avenue off Grace Street. A witness told police three men walked up to the house and one of them pulled out a handgun from his waist and fired eight shots at the building.

There were no reported injuries but a woman who lives on the second floor of the building told cops her window had been shot out.

In a vicious act on Monday, May 13, a gunman, dressed in black, told all the kids at the Muhammad Ali Park on Armstrong Avenue to line up against a fence, according to police reports.

When people at the park started to run, the gunman opened fire at the crowd and shot an 18-year-old in the right arm, police reports said. In his haste to get away, a 12-year-old boy hit his head on a fence post and needed 20 stitches to close the wound, authorities said. The investigation is ongoing.

At least seven people have been murdered in Jersey City so far this year. Last year, the city hit a 40-year low with just 13 homicides for the entire year.

?The number of shooting incidents are concerning and problematic and in the midst of all this we destroyed nearly 600 guns that could have created more opportunities for criminally-minded people to disrupt the peace and quiet of our residents,? Police Chief Tom Comey stated yesterday, referring to the city?s gun-buyback program. ?Clearly there?s more work to be done on all levels of law enforcement and government.?

Jersey City Mayor-elect Steve Fulop told The Jersey Journal Friday that he plans to carry on the crusade against illegal guns that Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy championed during his tenure.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 12:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017