Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Mugging Warren Street

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/21 18:00
Group:
Registered Users
Man Im so happy to hear they caught those guys. This happened right in front of my building, heard the lady scream so loud I thought somebody just got killed. I looked outside and saw the two guys running. I went outside to check if the lady was ok, a few more neighbors joined. I asked her if she had an iPhone to try to track it via GPS. Soooo happy those morons didn't turn the phone off. Im more careful walking home late at night.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 21:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 15:46
From Departing Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you very much for telling us. I heard that poor woman screaming for her life at 11:45pm. I looked in the window and saw a woman right in front of Two Aprons. Many residents immediately responded to help. Somebody asked if the girl is all-right. She said "NO". Police has arrived 6-8 minutes later. I am very glad the perps were apprehended. Good job.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 22:47

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/20 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Wow! I'm so glad they caught them.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
How can you let your guard down and become complacement ? The pocket known as Downtown J.C. is a target for easy prey the area is obviously more affluent then the rest of the city. Along with the mannerisms and dress code gives away an image of easy takings. The part of Pennsy bordering Jersey is becoming more and more crime ridden it is from the spillover since being booted out of the urban cities due to costs. I notice many license plates from PA. Some must have friends living there so they can get the discount. Be on the lookout for frequent muggings or at least attempted ones at that. I am glad they caught the culprits; technology rules!

Posted on: 2013/5/7 17:35
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
I've seen packs of cops standing around
chatting or walking around. A week before
the election! Pathetic. Guarantee the day
after, that will end.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 17:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/9 18:52
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
By Ron Zeitlinger/The Jersey Journal

Two Pennsylvania men robbed a woman's purse on a Downtown Jersey City street Monday night, but they were arrested 20 minutes later when police tracked them by using a GPS in the woman's stolen cell phone, authorities said.
The Jersey City woman, 30, was walking on Warren Street at 11:30 p.m. when she was approached by two men, later identified as Jayson Irizarry-Ingles, 24, and Pedro A. Gonzales, 31, both of Allentown, Pa., police said.

The men started tugging on the woman's purse, and one said "Hurry up and give me the f---ing bag," according to police reports. The Dudley Street woman fell to the ground and the men fled.

After reporting the robbery, the woman helped police track the GPS signal from her phone to the Hudson Motor Lodge in Bayonne. Police later pulled over a station wagon on Route 1&9 in Jersey City they believed the robbers were inside and found a cell phone in the back seat, police said.

From the police station, the woman called her cell phone and the phone found in the car rang, police said.

All four people in the vehicle, Irizarry-Ingles, Gonzales and two women -- driver Maryalice Bonilla, 23, and Maria Narvaez-Olmo, 35, also of Allentown, Pa., -- were charged with robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery and receiving stolen property, police said.

Police recovered the woman's $87 and her cell phone, but her purse, credit cards and IDs were not found, the woman said this afternoon.

"The police reacted very quickly and did an awesome job," the victim said in a phone interview. "We were lucky that the men didn't turn off the cell phone."

The victim, who moved to Jersey City from Georgia eight years ago, has a different view after the robbery.

"I'm never going to walk on the streets alone at night again," she said, noting that until last night she has always felt safe in the Downtown area.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 17:13

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/3 19:04
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for telling us. We probably won't see this in the Jersey Journal.

I walked home last night at 10 PM on Warren St. But there were other people walking home, and I walk fast and I always look around.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LAM1959 wrote:
Just a heads up there was a mugging around 1145pm last night on Warren St in Paulus Hook. I know it feels like a very safe neighborhood (and it mostly is), but a woman's bag was grabbed. No weapon, but still pretty awful. So I guess the message is be careful and be super-aware of your surroundings.

Warm weather has them come out "shopping".

Posted on: 2013/5/7 15:40

Mugging Warren Street
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/20 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Just a heads up there was a mugging around 1145pm last night on Warren St in Paulus Hook. I know it feels like a very safe neighborhood (and it mostly is), but a woman's bag was grabbed. No weapon, but still pretty awful. So I guess the message is be careful and be super-aware of your surroundings.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 15:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017