Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City election 2013: Healy calls foul on Fulop mail-in ballot applications
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alee2 wrote:
I just found out I will be out of town on election day. Is my best bet to run down to the County Clerk's office to get the application and fill it out there?

Yes, absolutely.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 15:13

Re: Jersey City election 2013: Healy calls foul on Fulop mail-in ballot applications
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/20 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
I just found out I will be out of town on election day. Is my best bet to run down to the County Clerk's office to get the application and fill it out there?

Posted on: 2013/5/6 13:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

81905 wrote:
Have you ever had to deal with the building dept in this fine city? It's like swimming through molasses and if you dont have an 'in" or know someone forget about it. I am sure the same goes for the County Clerk.

Talk to the owner of Muscle Maker Grill or the poor guy who owned Tasti D-Lite. The guy at Tasti D-Lite told me that he was ready to open but the JC fire inspector delayed him months more because after all the work he did they then told him he needed ceiling water extinguisers in his walk in freezer. Cost him an arm and a leg extra..... It took over a year for both of them to get approval and up and running, all the while they were paying rent and you wonder why more businesses aren't moving here?!

Want change? Vote Fulop!

From JCCheerleader:

Would that be done by the same fire 'official' that doesn't have a license to be a fire official and is double dipping with two full time jobs in the building department or was that the electrical inspector who has a full time job as a teacher. Oh wait, I'm mixing up that electrical inspector with one of the directors in the Parking Authority who gets paid over $100K per year for a job he does while he is at his full time teaching job in the Heights. My mistake.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Have you ever had to deal with the building dept in this fine city? It's like swimming through molasses and if you dont have an 'in" or know someone forget about it. I am sure the same goes for the County Clerk.

Talk to the owner of Muscle Maker Grill or the poor guy who owned Tasti D-Lite. The guy at Tasti D-Lite told me that he was ready to open but the JC fire inspector delayed him months more because after all the work he did they then told him he needed ceiling water extinguisers in his walk in freezer. Cost him an arm and a leg extra..... It took over a year for both of them to get approval and up and running, all the while they were paying rent and you wonder why more businesses aren't moving here?!

Want change? Vote Fulop!

Posted on: 2013/5/5 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Our County Clerk doesn't know the difference between a mail in ballot and a request for a mail in ballot?

Posted on: 2013/5/5 2:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
From the JJ comments www.nj.com/hudson

Quote:
Pacave1947 wrote: ?Once the APPLICATIONS are processed, the BALLOT will be mailed to the voter, who is then responsible for filling it out and mailing it back in. ONCE AGAIN, there is nothing wrong with a campaign handling VOTE-BY-MAIL APPLICATIONS. APPLICATIONS ARE DISTINCT FROM BALLOTS. Stop trying to confuse the issue. These Healy people are pathetic and immoral.?

Quote:
Sound Machine wrote: Yes too funny how Team Twister keeps on twistin? . New Jersey has no law that says you can?t bundle APPLICATIONS when returning them to the County Clerk. In fact many states have the same below answer when the question of bundling of APPLCIATION?s comes up. I n NJ any one can return the APPLICATION to the Clerk before the election. If you return the APPLICATION after the 7 day deadline you must do it in person or have a registered messenger drop off your APPLICATION and pick up your BALLOT. This is from Georgia?
5.3 Can absentee applications be accepted in bundle? By fax, by mail, or in person? Yes.40
There are no restrictions on who may take possession of and transmit or deliver an application for an absentee ballot, or how those applications are transmitted or delivered.
Some of the important points of which you need to be aware, if you distribute applications for absentee ballots include:
1. The voter must personally affix his or her signature to the application.41
2. Any individual, organization or group that distributes applications for absentee ballots and receives completed application forms back from voters must deliver the forms to the appropriate elections official immediately, to allow time to have the ballot mailed to the voter.
3. Voters who use an absentee ballot application provided by an individual or organization must attest to the truth and correctness of the content of the application and sign the application.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 0:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/4 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
This has scary signs of the 2000 Bush election written all over it and Floridagate.

Hopefully the Attorney General also investigates the county clerk and the screaming conflict of interest.

Fulop volunteers will be collecting vote by mail applications this weekend and early week. 10 more days !

Posted on: 2013/5/4 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Great, thanks for your support and for ensuring your rights to a fair vote.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Ok, great. As long as you are sure its Team Fulop's address. Because the standard VBM application has the County Clerk's address printed on it with a place for the sender to add a stamp.

Yeah, it is addressed directly to Fulop and has a PO Box number.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 4:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ok, great. As long as you are sure its Team Fulop's address. Because the standard VBM application has the County Clerk's address printed on it with a place for the sender to add a stamp.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 4:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

I live downtown and got the application, however I did not receive a return envelope. It's a shame because I want to vote for Fulop but don't have stamps or envelopes laying around. Also I probably will be too busy with work on election day to go in. I could have used one of those return envelopes.

Would you be able to drop it off at the Ward E HQ downtown (best option)? Or give it to one of the many Fulop volunteers who ate going to be out this weekend? Just tell the volunteer to please turn it in to leaders at HQ for submission.

I deleted that post because I think I was just stupid. Though there was no separate envelope, I noticed an instruction that said detach the completed application, tape it shut, and put it in the mail. So I did the first two steps and plan to put it in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a real ballot in the mail.

What we are saying is please do not do that. Because we do not trust the Clerk's office to not "lose" it iff you mail it to them directly. If you take it to Fulop Ward E HQ, they will time stamp it and hand it in in person, thus guaranteeing you get it processed. Then if you don't receive your ballot in the mail, you have recourse with our help because we'll have a copy of your application with the time stamp on it as proof of submission.

Sure you can still mail it to the clerk directly, but be advised they are trying to suppress votes like yours by not processing your app in time.

The application has Fulop's return address on it. Hence Healy "calling foul." So I'd hope it will be safely delivered and I'll get my ballot.

Also, there is no envelope. It is literally a handout thing that you just tape shut and it has Fulop's address printed on one side along with a box in the top right corner that says postage paid by addressee.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 4:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

I live downtown and got the application, however I did not receive a return envelope. It's a shame because I want to vote for Fulop but don't have stamps or envelopes laying around. Also I probably will be too busy with work on election day to go in. I could have used one of those return envelopes.

Would you be able to drop it off at the Ward E HQ downtown (best option)? Or give it to one of the many Fulop volunteers who ate going to be out this weekend? Just tell the volunteer to please turn it in to leaders at HQ for submission.

I deleted that post because I think I was just stupid. Though there was no separate envelope, I noticed an instruction that said detach the completed application, tape it shut, and put it in the mail. So I did the first two steps and plan to put it in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a real ballot in the mail.

What we are saying is please do not do that. Because we do not trust the Clerk's office to not "lose" it if you mail it to them directly. If you take it to Fulop Ward E HQ, they will time stamp it and hand it in in person, thus guaranteeing you get it processed. Then if you don't receive your ballot in the mail, you have recourse with our help because we'll have a copy of your application with the time stamp on it as proof of submission.

Sure you can still mail it to the clerk directly, but be advised they are trying to suppress votes like yours by not processing your app in time.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 4:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/5/4 4:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/5/4 3:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedup07302 wrote:
Very simple,if I go to your door and you want to vote by mail you would fill out the app. and I would take it to the county.
If I am smart I would make a copy and get both of them time stamped so I have proof you made the application.
Fulop mailed to whomever and had them send the Application back to him so he could do the above.
Had he just let them mail direct to the county who knows where they would wind up.
The county Clerk is a friend of Healy's and is even on his elect as having donated money.
Healy people are just Flailing at anything that moves.

Exactly what Team Fulop is doing. This is to ensure these apps actually get processed so voters actually get their ballots, which they submit on their own. We're trying to ensure the VBM apps aren't magically "lost", thus suppressing votes. Also allows us to follow up with the voter to make sure they actually get their ballots and no funny business happens. All legal and all to help the voter get to vote.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 3:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Very simple,if I go to your door and you want to vote by mail you would fill out the app. and I would take it to the county.
If I am smart I would make a copy and get both of them time stamped so I have proof you made the application.
Fulop mailed to whomever and had them send the Application back to him so he could do the above.
Had he just let them mail direct to the county who knows where they would wind up.
The county Clerk is a friend of Healy's and is even on his elect as having donated money.
Healy people are just Flailing at anything that moves.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
From reading pieces from the JJ and other sources I am still not getting what happened.

Fulop sent out some campaign literature that had a VBM application along with a postage paid return envelope that had a Team Fulop return address on it.

Team Fulop is gathering all of the returned applications and will get the to the HC Clerk by the May 7th deadline.

The returned applications were time stamped by Team Fulop.

Were the applications that were returned to Team Fulop in the return envelopes still folded and sealed in the form application mailer?

So Team Fulop is just middleman wanting to make sure the applications get logged and delivered ..right? So that the HC Election Clerk (the drunk Harper) doesn?t say they never got them on time.

I am voting for Fulop but curious as to what Healy and Netchert (who?s husbands law firm gets yearly $180K no bid HC contracts) are talking about.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
Quote:

The return address on such applications must be the Hudson County Clerk, the clerk's office says in a statement issued this afternoon. The campaign of incumbent Mayor Jerramiah Healy, Fulop's leading rival in the May 14 mayoral race, says Fulop's gambit could result in lost votes for Healy.

What nonsense. There is no law preventing someone from gathering applications and delivering them to the clerk. These are not ballots.

It's hard to imagine how encouraging people to vote by mail would result in lost votes for Healy. Fulop went to the expense and effort of sending people in Ward E applications to vote by mail. Ward E is his base. What possible interest would he have in failing to get the applications to the clerk on time? There is, of course, no way to tell who intends to vote for Healy and Healy voters did not have to use the applications that Fulop distributed as a courtesy. The form is online.

What this effort by Fulop is really about is encouraging more votes from Ward E, not suppressing votes for Healy.

The clerk's diving into this issue by making up rules that don't exist shows he is on Team Healy, which is hardly a surprise. Healy's forces have every incentive to "lose" these applications from Ward E voters or to say they did not arrive on time.

Fulop's team was very shrewd in attempting to protect the voters from machine manipulation by time-stamping the applications and delivering them in person to the clerk.

The thing is that Healy wants to suppress the vote. Fewer votes increase his chances of winning. The 2009 election was the lowest turnout in the history of Jersey City. People have already been intimidated by his goon squad. The City Clerk as well as the people at the Board of Elections, etc are all HCDO/Healy dogs.

DON'T LET THESE PEOPLE TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS BY THEIR LIES AND TRICKERY.

VOTE MAY 14, 2013 FOR 5A!

Posted on: 2013/5/4 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

The return address on such applications must be the Hudson County Clerk, the clerk's office says in a statement issued this afternoon. The campaign of incumbent Mayor Jerramiah Healy, Fulop's leading rival in the May 14 mayoral race, says Fulop's gambit could result in lost votes for Healy.

What nonsense. There is no law preventing someone from gathering applications and delivering them to the clerk. These are not ballots.

It's hard to imagine how encouraging people to vote by mail would result in lost votes for Healy. Fulop went to the expense and effort of sending people in Ward E applications to vote by mail. Ward E is his base. What possible interest would he have in failing to get the applications to the clerk on time? There is, of course, no way to tell who intends to vote for Healy and Healy voters did not have to use the applications that Fulop distributed as a courtesy. The form is online.

What this effort by Fulop is really about is encouraging more votes from Ward E, not suppressing votes for Healy.

The clerk's diving into this issue by making up rules that don't exist shows he is on Team Healy, which is hardly a surprise. Healy's forces have every incentive to "lose" these applications from Ward E voters or to say they did not arrive on time.

Fulop's team was very shrewd in attempting to protect the voters from machine manipulation by time-stamping the applications and delivering them in person to the clerk.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 23:56

Jersey City election 2013: Healy calls foul on Fulop mail-in ballot applications
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City election 2013: Healy calls foul on Fulop mail-in ballot applications

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
May 03, 2013 at 6:37 PM

The campaign of Jersey City mayoral hopeful Steve Fulop is under fire for sending out applications for mail-in ballots to voters with a Fulop P.O. Box as the return address.

The mayor's campaign issued a robo-call last night from Freeholder Jeff Dublin warning voters about being "the victim of voter fraud" as a result of the applications from Fulop's campaign.

?Based on recent actions, once again it is painstakingly clear that Steve Fulop will say or do anything in order to win,? said Healy campaign spokesman Joshua Henne.

Fulop, the Downtown City Councilman, is one of three men seeking to unseat Healy on Tuesday, May 14.

Fulop spokesman Bruno Tedeschi said the campaign never handles mail-in ballots and time-stamps each application "so the Healy machine can't cheat." Tedeschi also called for the state Attorney General's Office to monitor the citywide race.

?The robo-call from the Healy campaign is just more evidence of the mayor?s desperation and willingness to employ fear tactics straight out of the Hudson County machine playbook to win this election,? he said. ?We won?t stand for it."

Tedeschi said the Fulop's campaign's understanding is that it is proper to use its own mailing address as a return address instead of the clerk's.
The statement from Hudson County Clerk Barbara Netchert's office says voters who wish to apply for mail-in ballots should submit an official application directly to the clerk on or before Tuesday, May 7. Netchert's office is opening for special hours tomorrow morning and is staying open late on Tuesday to handle the expected rush.

Applications can be obtained at Netchert's office in Hudson County Plaza, 257 Cornelison Ave., 4th floor, or online at hudsoncountyclerk.org. Completed mail-in ballots are due on May 14 by 8 p.m.

An application not submitted on official forms or in accordance with official directions may result in delayed processing and/or failure to receive a ballot prior to the May 14 election, the statement reads.

Tedeschi noted that Netchert is a Healy supporter -- her campaign fund gave Healy's campaign $2,000 in December. Her statement today is an example of Hudson County pols going to "great lengths to protect one of their own," he said.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... heal_11.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/5/3 23:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017