Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Cultural events causing congestion at Grove Path Station.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 17:00
Group:
Registered Users
Just noticed the new 'bistro' place has a gigantic awning for out door seating.... This is def. going to create a mess with the Grove Street Friday events... and I will not be surprised if they fight having the food trucks there now.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 14:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/5 3:11
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
from 430 - 630 the path runs every 5 minutes

from 630 - 915 the path runs every 10 minutes

how about you stop complaining, learn what's going on in your neighborhood, and plan ahead.

besides, do you really think JC is going to listen to this complaint when they got better things to worry about.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 14:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
James aka the jewish grinch - if you have time to go on this forum to complain about these events, then you probably have time to leave your apt 1 minute earlier to get where you need to be and continue living your shtty life.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JustJames wrote:
Wednesday night there was a band playing at Grove St. The stage was smack in the center of the plaza and the crowd in front were completely blocking access to the or from the PATH station. I was forced to walk along the building where Duane Reade is but another truck and a group of Spanish gentlemen, possibly inebriated, were congregated backstage, once again blocking my ambulation. Seemingly oblivious to my presence, I had to ask them to make way three times.
All this at the rush hour peak.
I have also noticed this on Fridays with that market or whatever it is, the stalls are set up so you are forced to walk through a narrow section, presumably in the hope that they will make a sale.
I'm all for improving the cultural life of this city but we have to remember that most people who live here and pay taxes do so because of the close proximity of Manhattan. Free and easy access to the city should not be sacrificed for some small time art events.
I think the front of city hall would make a much better place for this type of thing.

The have medications to help with blocked ambulation.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 3:06

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/28 10:17
Group:
Registered Users
I'll ignore all the ad hominem attacks, especially the one comparing me to Hitler which I found particularly offensive (I'm Jewish) and concentrate on the matter in hand.
This situation cannot be glibly blown off with references to bike racks and noise complaints from Grove Pointe. The enjoyment of 300 people does not justify them directly blocking the path of thousands of commuters; it is selfish, anti-social and quite frankly dangerous. 300 people are not a vast majority of those using Grove Plaza during rush hour.

I reiterate, for those in this thread with seemingly poor reading comprehension, I AM NOT AGAINST THESE EVENTS.
I am against the inconsiderate restrictions they cause pedestrians and commuters coming to and from the PATH station.

I intend to take this matter further. Does anyone who at City Hall I should contact regarding this? I'm assuming Cultural Affairs.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 3:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/19 19:16
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
SMH, justjames, if I wanted to hear an a$$hole, I woulda farted.

We need more Groove on Grove type cultural events and less herbs like you.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 23:40

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/28 17:33
Group:
Registered Users
Groove on Grove has gone thru many changes since starting in 2008. The stage was moved 2 years ago to its current location because of the noise complaints coming from Grove Pointe Condo owners. This move helped that situation. The placement of the bike racks was done with the approval of Public Works but they are now slated to be moved next to Duane Reade ....when is a good question, since this has been a discussion with Planning and other city agencies for over a year now. The racks were put in last spring and have been the subject of much discussion since their placement. But they in no way have hindered the events that go on at the plaza, they do pose some issues to pedestrians just trying to get to that next appointment. The fact is, not everyone will be happy with what is done....but the vast majority enjoy the events....which was proven last night at the biggest Groove on Grove kick off event since it started 6 years ago. Over 300 people were there at any given moment, so I think, despite the complaints here and there, this event was and remains a success.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 22:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/15 20:50
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
If by drive you mean my bicycle, ok.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City don't need no stinking culture! Let Manhattan and Brooklyn and Hoboken and Queens have it.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 20:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
So many bitter folks on here. I among many others live and work in NJ. Sure I chose JC for it's proximity to NYC, but I could have chosen other towns.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
"Free and easy access to the city should not be sacrificed for some small time art events" and "I'll refrain from using the nearest path entrance and be late for appointments because of a spray painted fridge or because Nintendo Power Glove are playing" are pretty a-hole comments.

We all have places to go and people to see, and often I've needed to traverse that area during rush hour when it's Groove on Grove. Could it be better organized and laid-out? Sure, and there are some good ideas already posited here. But it's just not that big of a deal to warrant disparaging comments about the artists and musicians.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
i love how a guy makes a simple post about how something is poorly organized and laid out, yet he's the a#%@hole for "not enjoying the concert" when he has some place to go.

i wonder if you dimwits drive the way you think, it would certainly explain the high rate of accidents in hudson county.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

MonmouthMan wrote:
These events are what makes JC a unique and wonderful place to live.

LOL.

100x LOL

Yes, without these events, JC would be a horrible place to live. I'm sure everyone living in Newport and all those luxury condos /rentals live here for those events and NOT because we are close to the city.

If James lives in JC and works in NYC, HE IS the sole reason why at least the downtown area, is a great place to live. Do you think we would have the restaurants we do, the development, and anything other modern without NYC'ers being priced outta NYC and living in JC?

But no, let's go back thinking that the garage bands make JC the best place on earth to live. rofl

Posted on: 2013/5/2 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
JustJames is just a little grumpy because he lives in a single room above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
the layout has changed for the worst since last season's Groove series. the reason: bike racks.

a new set of racks cropped up this winter, right in the center of the Plaza, seriously constricting the flow of pedestrian traffic during community events.

plans have been made to move the racks to the periphery of the space, but this is JC, so don't hold your breath.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Yesterday was really fun but the layout was not optimally thought out.

Park and Sixth and I think one other booth had awkward locations left of the stage. Also the event needs better signs so we can tell from afar who is in each tent.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Me thinks you're cutting your appointments a little too tight if coming up a different Path exit is going to make you blow your wad. Quit your bitching, enjoy a taco or delicious ice cream sandwich and chill out.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 19:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/3 4:30
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Good God does James have perfect diction. Every word perfectly chosen, and not at all indicative of someone who likely has no personality whatsoever.

I'm charmed. James, will you hang out with me in a music-free environment where we can drink room temperature tap water & complain about socializing? We don't have to make eye contact if that sort of thing makes you uncomfortable.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 19:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/16 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JustJames wrote:
a group of Spanish gentlemen, possibly inebriated, were congregated backstage, once again blocking my ambulation.

How did you know those guys were from Spain?

Posted on: 2013/5/2 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JustJames wrote:
Wednesday night there was a band playing at Grove St. The stage was smack in the center of the plaza and the crowd in front were completely blocking access to the or from the PATH station. I was forced to walk along the building where Duane Reade is but another truck and a group of Spanish gentlemen, possibly inebriated, were congregated backstage, once again blocking my ambulation. Seemingly oblivious to my presence, I had to ask them to make way three times.
I have also noticed this on Fridays with that market or whatever it is, the stalls are set up so you are forced to walk through a narrow section, presumably in the hope that they will make a sale.
I'm all for improving the cultural life of this city but we have to remember that most people who live here and pay taxes do so because of the close proximity of Manhattan. Free and easy access to the city should not be sacrificed for some small time art events.
I think the front of city hall would make a much better place for this type of thing.

This can't be real.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 18:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/9 18:52
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
All events dtjc should be canceled asap, no one down there appreciates shit. Move all events to other parts of the city immediately so that no one down there misses their appointments with their work out buddy.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you, JustJames, for starting what is sure to be an amusing thread.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MonmouthMan wrote:
These events are what makes JC a unique and wonderful place to live.

LOL.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 18:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
One of the other PATH entrances is across the freaking street in front of Subway, you tool.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 18:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Oh sure, I'll refrain from using the nearest path entrance and be late for appointments because of a spray painted fridge or because Nintendo Power Glove are playing.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 18:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
James, next time take some time to enjoy the free events the city has to offer instead of being in such a rush. These events are what makes JC a unique and wonderful place to live. There are also 2 other PATH exits you can use that will allow you to steer clear of the activities in the PATH plaza, FYI. There will be bands every Wed, farmers market is on Mon and Thurs and the artist market on Friday all summer long. Use the other 2 PATH exits on those days so you will have less to worry about.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 18:16

Cultural events causing congestion at Grove Path Station.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/2 17:58

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017