Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Fulop signs being placed on houses without owner consent
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/22 11:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Tony, I laud your equally inspiring commitment to freedom and personal expression. A grateful city thanks you.

Listen. I don't know if you are trying to be smart or what. I just don't want any kind of advertisements on my building. Its that simple. Its disgraceful of the amount of political advertising in this city and it my opinion that everyone would be a lot better off without it. after all its all garbage in a few days. do you really think someone is going to vote one way vs another because some numbnuts put up a poster? most people i know despise the practice.

At the end of the day there is not good candidate. who are we supposed to trust, the guy who's shoving a brick up your ass on the left, or the right. Either way that brick is getting shoved up there.

what the hell is that anyway, supporters running around putting up posters? it's 2013. its wasteful on many fronts, impractical, and outdated. its trash. its nothing. you're nothing.

Posted on: 2013/5/10 1:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Quote:

TonyQuags wrote:
[quote]
Do you own that building? If not, you have ZERO right to do this. Building owners only have the right to chose what is posted on their property. Don't be an azz.

Now don't get your panties in a bunch scum, there are plenty of others who will stand with you in your grand quest of being the mayoral spam king.

In closing, never say to someone that they don't have rights. It makes them hate you.

When I worked in Iraq in the chaos of 2003, I'd often see guys driving the wrong way at maximum speed down one-way streets. At night. With their headlights off. When stopped by police, they'd offer an explanation to the effect that "This is a democracy now, which means I can do what I want."

Tony, I laud your equally inspiring commitment to freedom and personal expression. A grateful city thanks you.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyQuags wrote:
Quote:

Do you own that building? If not, you have ZERO right to do this. Building owners only have the right to chose what is posted on their property. Don't be an azz.

Now don't get your panties in a bunch scum, there are plenty of others who will stand with you in your grand quest of being the mayoral spam king.

In closing, never say to someone that they don't have rights. It makes them hate you.

You sound about as coherent as Healy.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 2:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/5/6 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyQuags wrote:
I ripped a political sign off the building I live in today and trashed it. Actually I made a giant paper airplane with it, and then trashed it. It was irrelevant who was being advertised,

I don't tolerate the poster. Also, I don't believe in blind loyalty, because that's just mob mentality. I will answer with what's right for me, irregardless of some scum's propaganda.

Bottom line, should another sign appear, the plane will go farther this time because I have experience now, and would expect that the paper folds will be engineered to achieve a greater distance.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 1:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I ripped a political sign off the building I live in today and trashed it. Actually I made a giant paper airplane with it, and then trashed it. It was irrelevant who was being advertised,

I don't tolerate the poster. Also, I don't believe in blind loyalty, because that's just mob mentality. I will answer with what's right for me, irregardless of some scum's propaganda.

Bottom line, should another sign appear, the plane will go farther this time because I have experience now, and would expect that the paper folds will be engineered to achieve a greater distance.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 1:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
The opposition takes down and destroys or relocates the signs to either 1). Diminish public perception of how well your candidate is doing (because perception is reality); or 2). relocate the sign to somewhere that would cause the public perception of your candidates judgement as to the appropriate place for signage is called into question (i.e. fences belonging to churches, cemeteries, religious statues or other venerated objects). These tactics have been used by the Hudson County Democratic Organization for decades long before Steve Fulop and the rest of his interlopers arrived on the scene.

Quote:

Susan_N wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Take photos of these and post here with the location (street name will suffice).

I love OneSkirt's posts. And I totally agree with this one, but there's no photo to be taken if the sign is gone. Ours was stolen Saturday night. We've requested a new one, but I think they're running low. We had noticed many Fulop signs in our Lafayette neighborhood over the last few weeks, but a stroll around the neighborhood today indicated that most of them are gone -- I'm guessing stolen like ours because who would take down a political sign that you asked for before the election. Sad.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 1:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/10 2:34
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Take photos of these and post here with the location (street name will suffice).

I love OneSkirt's posts. And I totally agree with this one, but there's no photo to be taken if the sign is gone. Ours was stolen Saturday night. We've requested a new one, but I think they're running low. We had noticed many Fulop signs in our Lafayette neighborhood over the last few weeks, but a stroll around the neighborhood today indicated that most of them are gone -- I'm guessing stolen like ours because who would take down a political sign that you asked for before the election. Sad.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
More Fulop signs are being slashed and destroyed without owners' consent is a far more accurate statement.

Take photos of these and post here with the location (street name will suffice). And if its your house sign, please call Fulop HQ to report it and get a new one. Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
More Fulop signs are being slashed and destroyed without owners' consent is a far more accurate statement.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
Old Hudson County Democratic Organization trick. Kidnap a few Fulop signs and put them in places that lack good taste, give the appearance of disrespect for other peoples property or other irreverent location. Don't be fooled by these Healy campaign tactics. They will stoop to any low to maintain their grip on power!

Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
Has anyone else run into problems with the Fulop campaign team attaching signs to properties without the owner's consent? This has happened on a couple of houses that I know of in the Heights. One elderly lady was actually hurt trying to remove the sign.

I witnessed one sign being put up at around 10pm and the owners removed it the next day.

Gotta love good old fashioned Jersey City politics!

Exactly Yahoo. I'll go you one better. Back in 2004 (or 05) when it was a Healy/Manzo/Smith race, Smith was switching around the Manzo/Healy signs. Since this LOSER knew he didn't have an icecube's chance in hell, he figured he would wreck havoc among the others.

Jersey City politics at its best.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 14:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Old Hudson County Democratic Organization trick. Kidnap a few Fulop signs and put them in places that lack good taste, give the appearance of disrespect for other peoples property or other irreverent location. Don't be fooled by these Healy campaign tactics. They will stoop to any low to maintain their grip on power!

Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
Has anyone else run into problems with the Fulop campaign team attaching signs to properties without the owner's consent? This has happened on a couple of houses that I know of in the Heights. One elderly lady was actually hurt trying to remove the sign.

I witnessed one sign being put up at around 10pm and the owners removed it the next day.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Healy signs on abandoned buildings. How apropos.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Downtown, most of the Healy signs I see are on abandoned buildings. The one that puzzles me most is Carolina's laundromat because I believe there is a Fulop sign in the deli down the street which is owned by the same people as Carolina's.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 13:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Let's talk about questionable signage.

I would LOVE to see the paper work authorizing the placement of that crass banner on the old AC Chevrolet building. There had been signage & a banner placed on the fence (which were "dispatched'). The owner of the property is listed as an LLC out of Short Hills. It would be interesting to see either the permission to enter this property & hang the banner or if the address of the LLC appears as one of Healy's supporters. (Please note that Short Hills is a heavily REPUBLICAN area.)

Posted on: 2013/5/4 11:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/7 2:57
Group:
Registered Users
the Fulop fund raiser at the beer hall this week had 300-400 people, figure 10% of these people are just plain dumb... so there are 30-40 idiots running round supporting Fulop doing who knows what... realistically he is running a very clean campaign!

Posted on: 2013/5/4 10:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
People are scared to take signs down? So let me understand this correctly - if it's a Fulop sign people are getting injured trying to take them down or are too frightened to take them down. Bad on Team Fulop for injuring and instilling fear in old people and immigrants? This is starting to be laughable. It's becoming quite obvious it's hard to taint someone who plays by the book when these sad attempts are popping up just before election.

As I said when I originally posted this. It was not intended to be an "anti Fulop" post. I simply stated that people that are working for his campaign are doing this in the heights and I know this first hand. I would think that Fulop would want to know if his volunteers were resorting to dirty pool in this election as it is a direct reflection on him.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 4:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
People are scared to take signs down? So let me understand this correctly - if it's a Fulop sign people are getting injured trying to take them down or are too frightened to take them down. Bad on Team Fulop for injuring and instilling fear in old people and immigrants? This is starting to be laughable. It's becoming quite obvious it's hard to taint someone who plays by the book when these sad attempts are popping up just before election.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Considering what I had to go through to get my sign, give written request and then had to supply my phone number, I doubt this subject is true.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 11:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Wasn't trying to bring it up as a political discussion. Was actually surprised when I found out his campaign was resorting to it and was wondering where it was going on in other parts of the city.

Don't kill the messenger here, please, but yes, as a matter of fact, three people I know (specifically immigrant business and home owners in J Square and the Heights) are telling me that Fulop's people (presumably) are just walking in and putting up signs on homes and businesses (I know of three people - two businesses and one home owner). They are actually afraid to take them down, they think they will "get in trouble" doing so.

I'm sure and certain the Councilman doesn't know this is going on, but I would advise him to tell his sign placers to knock it off. He's making folks who don't understand "the system" fearful - and that's not a good thing.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
You have to love the Healy signs (plural) on the fencing of the burned out empty lot on Newark b/t Grove and Barrow.

You'll recall an extremely suspicious fire claimed that building and the remains were torn down/hauled away before Healy was even 4 fingers into his nightly sauce.

So yes, no surprise that a sleazy slumlord torched his place, got the evidence hauled away in record time, and now allows Healy signs up on the blighted lot of an otherwise improving block...

Posted on: 2013/5/3 0:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Amazed at the number of Healy signs on abandoned buildings and vacant lots.

"Eyesores Support Jerry Healy!"

Posted on: 2013/5/2 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/4 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Team Fulop doesn't need to resort to these tactics.

There are more than enough legitimate people requesting them.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 21:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:

These are illegally hung - surprise, surprise...

Posted on: 2013/5/2 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/2 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:

Nope, haven't run into that one but an acquaintance on the Western Slope was threatened by Team Healy members for having a Fulop sign LEGALLY on her property. And Team Fulop doesn't put up house signs at 10pm. They don't have to skulk about like rats. We do seem to have a problem recently with Team Healy cityworkers ON THE TAXPAYER DIME engaging in criminal trespass as most of the signs have been removed during working hours. (That's what it is when you remove a sign from someone's property.) I guess they are only following Healy's lead regarding criminal activity.

Bar Keep! Another round!

Posted on: 2013/5/2 10:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I hear that people are being med-evaced to other towns because of the sheer numbers. My neighbor waved to Fulop the other day and suffered extensive injuries. He walks with a limp now. I look forward to dislocating my shoulder when I vote FULOP.
yup - i saw that ... some guys from the healy campaign made sure that your neighbor changed his erroneous ways ...

Posted on: 2013/5/2 4:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I hear that people are being med-evaced to other towns because of the sheer numbers. My neighbor waved to Fulop the other day and suffered extensive injuries. He walks with a limp now. I look forward to dislocating my shoulder when I vote FULOP.

It's people like you that are the exact problem this city has! This kind of behavior shouldn't be going on by any candidate. I thought Fulop was above this!

Posted on: 2013/5/2 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/5/2 3:59

Re: Healy team using owners to place signs against renters wishes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
She actually fell down because she thought she could just pull it off and didn't realize that it was attached with plastic zip ties. She's 84 yrs old.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 3:41

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017