Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Healy embraces gays?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
is he doing this literally or figuratively?

For Healy it all depends on whether you are buying him dinner and drinks.....he's not that easy. ;)

Quote:
Maybe Healy's position regarding gays is simply "evolving". It seems that if a politician has an "evolving" platform regarding gays it is perfectly acceptable. Or at least able to be swept under the rug by the politician's gay constituents. I suppose that's why Obama endorsed Healy. Which is apparently a good thing to most people around here.

Please! When it comes to politicians its not about evolving but being "opportunistic" and "calculating"....the majority of them.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 12:45

Edited by Webmaster on 2013/5/3 6:18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe Healy's position regarding gays is simply "evolving". It seems that if a politician has an "evolving" platform regarding gays it is perfectly acceptable. Or at least able to be swept under the rug by the politician's gay constituents.
I suppose that's why Obama endorsed Healy. Which is apparently a good thing to most people around here.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 12:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
is he doing this literally or figuratively?

Posted on: 2013/5/2 4:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, please post a pic of the flyers. I am deeply offended by this crap.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 4:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Anybody have a lead on this yet?

Well, given the likelihood that people from the Healy campaign probably monitor this forum and if these flyers actually exist, then there's a good chance that some of the campaign volunteers are up in the Heights right now trying to get rid of them. If the flyers ever got printed in the mainstream press, it would likely harm the campaign, whether or not these flyers were officially sanctioned by Healy. Still, if anyone runs across one of these alleged flyers, please post!

Posted on: 2013/5/2 4:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Unbelieveable.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Can you imagine the behind the door meeting Healy and his PR mouth piece Jenny Merrill had regarding the timing of LGBT piece?

From stopping the reval just before election season to all the recent ribbon cutting/photo opps to this obvious ploy to somehow convince the LGBT community here that Jerry is their friend is laughable and illustrates just how desperate Team Healy really is.

Jerry and his handlers aren't fooling any of us - gay or straight.

Vote Fulop!!

Posted on: 2013/5/1 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I would love to see a copy of this flier as well. If this is a smear campaign that is unofficially sanctioned by Healy's people, aimed at reaching people who don't ordinarily pay attention to the mainstream press, then people who regularly read newspapers and Internet should see it as well. Besides the HRC, this flier should be faxed over to Jersey City Independent, Jersey Journal and the Star Ledger, because I'm sure it would be rather newsworthy. This attempted smear could totally backfire against Healy, if there's any truth to this.

On a *somewhat* related note, there is an enthusiastic Healy supporter that posts under the id "phoneyfullop" on www.nj.com in the comments section of every story that concerns this mayoral election and/or one of the candidates. In the last week or so, his posts keep referring to Steven Fulop "having a boyfriend" or being gay - I guess, similar to what these alleged fliers being passed out in the Heights are saying. I'm probably preaching to choir on this one, but I know nothing about Fulop's sexual preference, nor do I care or think it has any effect on his ability to govern. Nobody knew what Edward Koch's sexuality was, and he did just fine as mayor of New York City. I wouldn't guess Fulop to be gay, but don't care either way.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
This shouldn't come at a surprise. If you talk to any Healy supporters, they constantly make it a point as to why has Fulop not come out of the closet, why keep it a secret, he must be keeping other secrets. Then to go further to label anyone who is a Fulop supporter his "boyfriend".

I haven't seen the flyer fedup is talking about. Maybe I just haven't looked at Healy flyers since I throw them out immediately but I will keep a look out for them now.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Since I don't live in the Heights, I haven't seen the flier. Can someone post one on this thread?

Posted on: 2013/5/1 0:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
This story is such a buffoonery, I can't stop laughing at it. It is interesting to cross-check that with Steve Fulop real outreaches to LGBT folks - yes someone wants to be truly the mayor of all his constituents. As noted below, the populace is far advanced on that topic as compared to the current bought-in mayor.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
This is outrageous, and it's making me boil too.

fed up, can you post or PM a pic of the flyer? I'd like to get that to HRC.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 22:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
That's funny since up in the heights they have been putting flyers in the mailboxes calling steven Fulop Gay,and not in a good way.
Just another example of the way the Healy crew rolls.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 21:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/2 18:35
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
Now my comment...

JC is LGTBI-friendly, Mayor Healy not so much.

Like so much else he presides over, there are long periods of inaction, then right before an election a flurry of activity, much of which is aimed at electoral interests.

After 9 years in office he only established the task force in election season. He didn't significantly outreach the LGBTI community in town, nor does this task force seem to have much of a charter beyond the photo op.

Healy chose the pastor of an anti-gay church to be his running mate, and his allies have been conducting a whisper campaign to paint his main opponent as gay. If you put on a gay-friendly face for a press conference, but support an anti-gay agenda in private, THAT IS NOT GAY-FRIENDLY.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 21:52
Follow the yellow brick road.

Healy embraces gays?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/2 18:35
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
I got this story as a Google alert. It is an endorsement masquerading as a news story, and it really made me boil.

Jersey City Institutes LGBT Task Force

Across the country, some of the most important work being done on LGBT inclusion is happening in cities and towns. It makes sense ? there is no level of government with a more personal relationship with its citizens. Cities have the power to make real, substantial change in their communities and, as the 2012 Municipal Equality Index showed, cities are bringing equality to a hometown near you.

Here?s an example: while Mayor Healy has been a friend to the LGBT community throughout his term as Mayor of Jersey City, he recently instituted a mayoral LGBT task force. Jersey City earned an 83 on the 2012 MEI, and while that score was in the top 20% of scores nationwide, Mayor Healy was not satisfied. He has his sights set on a perfect score in 2013, and he?s appointed a task force to help him do it.

The story includes a picture (I think of the task force): Jean Williams, Chief Clerk EEO/AA Office; Linda Ivory Greene, Health Educator; Darlene Pharmes, Director of Personnel; Mayor Healy; Cathryn Oakley, HRC; Ruben Rodriguez, LGBT Liaison to Mayor?s Task Force; Alex Perez, Cultural Affairs; Jeana Abuan, EEO/AA/PACO Officer. Not pictured are two other members of the Task Force, Radames Velasquez and Detective Philip Raleigh.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 21:48
Follow the yellow brick road.

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017