Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Re: Healy cries "foul!" - sues for defamation
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users

I suppose Healy will be submitting this tape as evidence that he had no idea what was going on.

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Below is the FBI video that Fulop took his commercial from. This is the one where Dwek asked to be on top of the pile and also the one where Dwek tells Healy how much money he is giving before . Also hopes to see him after the election.

In this video towards the end Beldini gives a lesson on how to break up the money so it could be funneled back to the Mayor when needed. Funny in this one Cheatham is telling Dewk to watch how he talks money with.

I know Healy never touched any cash but how did he not get indicted along with the rest of his crooked team ? It is clear he knows that Dwek is asking for favors. Dwek is asking to be put on the top of the pile. Healy even corrects Dwek when he says bottom, Healy says you mean top.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 22:50

Re: Healy orders Fulop campaign to stop running ads featuring Dwek
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, OneSkirt, and that I don't understand. Why wasn't that money confiscated by the FBI?

Posted on: 2013/5/7 4:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Also, he still has not returned at least $10k of the Dwek money he took. Still, to this very day!

Posted on: 2013/5/6 1:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well then JCCheerleader we are essentially on the same page.

Definitely not, especially if the thief offers to pay after getting caught. I'm just saying that if Dwak made the offer to Healy and Healy didn't turn him in, then he's definitely guilty of wrongdoing. He didn't seem surprised or worried when his people were getting arrested. That's because he already had a plan. Did you notice he seemed to defend his Deputy Mayor even after she was arrested, saying something along the lines of, 'She's been a family friend and we don't believe she could do something like this'. I think he is a master manipulator because he had people believing that all of this (the sting) probably wasn't true when all the while he had first hand knowledge of it having happened.[/quote]

Posted on: 2013/5/6 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
If Healy was the informant then Healy and not Dwek would have been wearing the wire and making the film. The FBI wouldn't normally ask the targets of their investigation to wear the wire. Assuming for the moment that he later had a change of heart and renounced his part in the conspiracy after he was caught and co-operated with the FBI as another poster queries, does this make him any more suitable to be our Mayor? By way of analogy is a thief who steals merchandise from a store any less of a thief because he offers to pay for the merchandise after he is caught?

Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
You can draw your own conclusions as you see fit. I suspect (and this is just speculation you must admit the tape is pretty damning) that maybe they were missing some element of the crime that would have made the case provable beyond a reasonable doubt. However; when making judgements outside of a court of law we are not restrained by the beyond a reasonable doubt standard. When deciding who will lead the city for the next four years a common sense standard will do.

Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
So Yahoo, doesn't this mean, as any of us who knows right from wrong would know, that when Healy continued the conversation in the diner after Dwak offered a bribe, didn't report it, and didn't direct his administration how to handle it, in effect let it happen, then he himself committed a crime on several counts? Kind of makes you wonder about how he got away with it. As much as I hate to say it out loud as I'm not a fan of our drunken, exhibitionistic Mayor, it looks to me like he was the one who turned them in.

I think the tape doesn't show enough. Since we're speculating here, if Healy was the informant, would he have been at the diner? Or could he have witnessed what he witnessed at the diner and then reported it, which would have gotten him off the hook? And if Healy wasn't the informant, then who was? I've always wondered how he didn't get arrested along with the rest of them considering what he was witness to. His being the informant is kind of the only explanation. Maybe I'm wrong because he never took claim to being the informant. I imagine that he will if he was, as a way to save himself from losing this race.

Definitely not, especially if the thief offers to pay after getting caught. I'm just saying that if Dwak made the offer to Healy and Healy didn't turn him in, then he's definitely guilty of wrongdoing. He didn't seem surprised or worried when his people were getting arrested. That's because he already had a plan. Did you notice he seemed to defend his Deputy Mayor even after she was arrested, saying something along the lines of, 'She's been a family friend and we don't believe she could do something like this'. I think he is a master manipulator because he had people believing that all of this (the sting) probably wasn't true when all the while he had first hand knowledge of it having happened.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 0:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If Healy was the informant then Healy and not Dwek would have been wearing the wire and making the film. The FBI wouldn't normally ask the targets of their investigation to wear the wire. Assuming for the moment that he later had a change of heart and renounced his part in the conspiracy after he was caught and co-operated with the FBI as another poster queries, does this make him any more suitable to be our Mayor? By way of analogy is a thief who steals merchandise from a store any less of a thief because he offers to pay for the merchandise after he is caught?

Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
You can draw your own conclusions as you see fit. I suspect (and this is just speculation you must admit the tape is pretty damning) that maybe they were missing some element of the crime that would have made the case provable beyond a reasonable doubt. However; when making judgements outside of a court of law we are not restrained by the beyond a reasonable doubt standard. When deciding who will lead the city for the next four years a common sense standard will do.

Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
So Yahoo, doesn't this mean, as any of us who knows right from wrong would know, that when Healy continued the conversation in the diner after Dwak offered a bribe, didn't report it, and didn't direct his administration how to handle it, in effect let it happen, then he himself committed a crime on several counts? Kind of makes you wonder about how he got away with it. As much as I hate to say it out loud as I'm not a fan of our drunken, exhibitionistic Mayor, it looks to me like he was the one who turned them in.

I think the tape doesn't show enough. Since we're speculating here, if Healy was the informant, would he have been at the diner? Or could he have witnessed what he witnessed at the diner and then reported it, which would have gotten him off the hook? And if Healy wasn't the informant, then who was? I've always wondered how he didn't get arrested along with the rest of them considering what he was witness to. His being the informant is kind of the only explanation. Maybe I'm wrong because he never took claim to being the informant. I imagine that he will if he was, as a way to save himself from losing this race.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 0:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
Why would the Feds have made a deal with the top dog? Usually, deals are offered to underlings to nail the top dog.

Nothing is usual about Jersey City. I don't think the Feds went to Healy's house the night before the bust to tell him what was going down as a courtesy. I think they were telling him because he was in on it. Healy is no Boss. Healy is a narc.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
Why would the Feds have made a deal with the top dog? Usually, deals are offered to underlings to nail the top dog.

Who knows. Healy is pretty connected...you never knew who had what dirt on who's people. Maybe Healy had contacts who are connected to people with the Fed or HCDO. It all runs really deep, methinks.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/5 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
I think he informed after he was caught - basically, cut a deal.

I think so too

Posted on: 2013/5/5 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I think he informed after he was caught - basically, cut a deal.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:

Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:

Posted on: 2013/5/5 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:

Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:

I think it may be as simple as the fact that Healy never touched the money. On camera.

Or he cut a deal and gave evidence and names. Didn't he have a meeting with the FBI right before the roundups?

Posted on: 2013/5/5 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:

Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:

I think it may be as simple as the fact that Healy never touched the money. On camera.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 19:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:

Posted on: 2013/5/5 19:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/5 18:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Revised 9/11/06
OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT
(N.J.S.A. 2C:30-2)
The State alleges that defendant has committed official misconduct by the following
indictment:
[READ INDICTMENT]
A public servant is guilty of official misconduct when, with
purpose to obtain a benefit for himself or another or to injure or to
deprive another of a benefit:
a. He commits an act relating to his office but
constituting an unauthorized exercise of his official
functions, knowing that such act is unauthorized or
he is committing such act in an unauthorized
manner; or
b. He knowingly refrains from performing a duty
which is imposed upon him by law or is clearly
inherent in the nature of his office.
So, for (defendant) to be guilty of official misconduct, the State must prove each of the
following elements beyond a reasonable doubt:
(1) That the defendant was a public servant at the relevant time(s);
(2) That he/she committed an act relating to his/her office knowing that it was
unauthorized [OR committed the act in an unauthorized manner
knowing that the manner was unauthorized] [OR knowingly
refrained from performing a duty which is imposed upon him/her by
law or which is clearly inherent in the nature of his/her office]; and
(3) That his/her purpose in so acting [OR refraining] was to benefit
himself/herself or another or to injure or deprive another of a benefit.
First, the State must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that (defendant) was a public
servant when the offense allegedly occurred. A public servant is any officer or employee of
Page 1 of 4 OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT
government, including any branch, subdivision, or agency of this State or any locality within it.1
Second, the State must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that (defendant) committed an
act relating to his/her office [OR committed the act in an unauthorized manner] [OR
refrained from performing an act required to be performed as part of his/her office]. The
"act" in question must relate to the public servant's office. The commission of the act [OR the
refraining from performing the act] must constitute an unauthorized exercise of his/her official
functions.2
The public servant must know that the act [OR refraining from performing the
act] was unauthorized or that the act [OR refraining] was done in an unauthorized manner. For
an act to be related to a public servant?s office it must be connected to his/her official duties. An
act is not connected to a public servant?s official duties merely because a public servant performs
the act.
An act is ?unauthorized? if it is committed in breach of some prescribed duty of the
public servant?s office. This duty must be official and non-discretionary, imposed upon the
public servant by law (such as statute, municipal charter or ordinance) or clearly inherent in the
nature of his/her office. The duty to act must be so clear that the public servant is on notice as to
the standards that he/she must meet. In other words, the failure to act must be more than a
failure to exhibit good judgment. In addition, the State must prove that (defendant) knew of the
existence of his/her non-discretionary duty to act prior to the incident in question.3
Not every
unauthorized act committed by a public servant rises to the level of official misconduct; an
unauthorized act amounts to official misconduct only if the public servant knew at the time that
his/her conduct was unauthorized and unlawful.
As to (defendant?s) alleged conduct, the State must prove that there was a clear duty
See N.J.S.A. 2C:27-1. Definitions. In Chapters 27 through 30, unless a different meaning plainly is
required: b."Government" includes any branch, subdivision or agency of the government of the State or any locality
within it; g. "Public servant" means any officer or employee of government, including legislators and judges, and
any person participating as juror, advisor, consultant or otherwise, in performing a governmental function, but the
term does not include witnesses.
An "act" may be unauthorized because it is declared to be such by statute, ordinance, rule, regulation or
otherwise.
The New Jersey Penal Code - Volume II: Commentary (2C:30-2). Subsection b, the "omission to act"
element refers to a public servant who consciously refrains from performing an official non-discretionary duty,
which duty is imposed upon him by law or which is clearly inherent in the nature of his office. In addition, the
public servant must know of the existence of such non-discretionary duty to act. Thus, such duty must be either one
that is imposed by law, or one that is unmistakably inherent in the nature of the public servant's office, i.e., the duty
to act is so clear that the public servant is on notice as to the standards that he must meet. In other words, the failure
to act must be more than mere breach of good judgment. Absent a duty to act, there can be no conviction.
Page 2 of 4 OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT
imposed on (defendant) to act [OR to refrain] as alleged. That is to say, there must have been a
body of knowledge, such as applicable law, by which (defendant) could regulate and determine
the legality of his/her conduct. One cannot be convicted of official misconduct if the official
duties imposed are themselves unclear. So, if you conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that
(defendant) was required to act [OR to refrain] by statute, rule, or regulation, and he/she failed
to do so, this element will be satisfied.
[SELECT APPROPRIATE ALTERNATIVE]
The act(s) [OR refraining] in question need not be criminal in nature. Proof of a
criminal act is not required to find (defendant) guilty of this offense.4
OR
As you know, (defendant) is charged with other criminal offenses. The State alleges that
these other offenses constitute the basis for the charge of official misconduct. You must consider
each charge separately, based on the evidence produced in support of that charge. The defendant
may be found guilty of official misconduct, even where he/she is acquitted of the underlying
criminal charge, if the State has proven his/her guilt of official misconduct beyond a reasonable
doubt.
A person acts knowingly as to the nature of his/her conduct or the attendant
circumstances if he/she is aware that his conduct is of that nature, or that such circumstances
exist, or he/she is aware of a high probability of their existence. One acts knowingly as to a
result of his/her conduct if he/she is aware that it is practically certain that his/her conduct will
cause such a result. One acts knowingly if one acts with knowledge, if one acts consciously, if
one comprehends his/her acts.
A state of mind is rarely susceptible of direct proof, but must ordinarily be inferred from
the facts. Therefore, it is not necessary that the State produce witnesses to testify that an accused
said that he/she had a certain state of mind when he/she engaged in a particular act. It is within
your power to find that such proof has been furnished beyond a reasonable doubt by inference
which may arise from the nature of his/her acts and his/her conduct, and from all he/she said and
did at the particular time and place, and from all the surrounding circumstances.
Third, the State must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the act [OR refraining] in
question was done purposely to benefit either (defendant) or another, or to harm, injure or
State v. Parker, 124 N.J. 628 (1991), cert. denied, 509 U.S. 939 (1992).
Page 3 of 4 OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT
Page 4 of 4
deprive another of a benefit. Benefit means a gain or advantage, or anything regarded by the
beneficiary as a gain or advantage, including a pecuniary benefit or a benefit to any other person
or entity in whose welfare he/she is interested. Harm means loss, disadvantage, or injury, or
anything so regarded by the person affected, including loss, disadvantage, or injury to any other
person or entity in whose welfare he/she is interested. Here, the State alleges that the benefit is
A person acts purposely with respect to the nature of his/her conduct or a result thereof if
it is the person?s conscious object to engage in conduct of that nature or to cause such a result. A
person acts purposely with respect to attendant circumstances if he/she is aware of the existence
of such circumstances or the individual believes or hopes that they exist. One acts purposely if
one acts with design, with a purpose, with a particular object, if he/she really means to do what
he/she does.
A state of mind is rarely susceptible of direct proof, but must ordinarily be inferred from
the facts. Therefore, it is not necessary that the State produce witnesses to testify that an accused
said that he/she had a certain state of mind when he/she engaged in a particular act. It is within
your power to find that such proof has been furnished beyond a reasonable doubt by inference
which may arise from the nature of his/her acts and his/her conduct, and from all he/she said and
did at the particular time and place, and from all the surrounding circumstances.
In conclusion, if the State has proven each element beyond a reasonable doubt, you must
find (defendant) guilty of official misconduct. On the other hand, if the State has failed to prove
any element beyond a reasonable doubt, you must find him/her not guilty.
[IF THE STATE ALLEGES THAT THE BENEFIT IS PECUNIARY, ADD]
If the State has proved each element of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt, you must
determine the fair market value of the benefit involved. The State must prove beyond a
reasonable doubt that the value of the benefit involved [IF APPROPRIATE, ADD: for each
specific instance concerning which you have reached a verdict of guilty] exceeds $200.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
To each his own stupidseven but I really believe Fulop's ideas to bring quality businesses and better development to JC is one of his stronger suits. While both Malik and Walker have some strong leadership skills I think they both lack a full skill set that we need to move Jersey City into the future. I also appreciate and firmly believe Fulop will keep a steady eye on over-development, quality development, green space, the all important waterfront and be a champion for a safer biking community.

4 more years of back-door deals, low-show jobs, a building dept that, while about the busiest in the state, is not even close to run efficiently and finally a city that is mired in an old school, machine-run philosophy is not the answer.

Check out Fulop's platform and email him with any questions. Speaking from experience, he truly gets back to his constituents.

stevenfulop/platform

Vote Fulop!

Quote:

stupidseven wrote:
I'm voting. But not for Fulop.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 16:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/1 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Identifying with uneducated people because of poor grammar? LOL. They also identify with that 30k they could use in their own accounts. The city literally has to 'shut down' on election day, just to motivate the machine. pathetic really. Go Fulop!

Posted on: 2013/5/3 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Healy's lack of professionalism was astonishing. ASTONISHING. This is the mayor of our city? Saying "piss", and delivering derogatory comments to spectators? Countless errors in grammar? Wtf?

It is so amazing that this is a close race, when one candidate is so superior in every single detectable way.

A lot of people relate to Healy for just this reason. They identify with him more than the polished yuppie.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 14:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 17:00
Group:
Registered Users
I'm voting. But not for Fulop.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
For those of you who don't want to continue seeing Jerry's mug all over town and in brochures with his trademark smirk and half tied tie for the next 4 years PLEASE get out and VOTE, get your friends out and VOTE and tell those who are not as politically minded to please get out and VOTE.

Make no mistake voters, Healy has a major strangle hold on a lot of this city simply because of his patronage and favoritism over the last 8 years. It's a big hurdle for Fulop to overcome.

Just look around this town and tell me the architecture and development this city has agreed to over the last 5-8 years is up to snuff with NYC. With a few exceptions the majority of them are nothing special and in a lot of cases are showing wear already.

This is no joke voters, if we want a better city that is financially responsible, transparent, green space and business minded then this is our chance to make our voices heard.

Vote Fulop!

Posted on: 2013/5/3 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Just imagine the booze fueled spiral into the gutter Healy is going to have when he loses.

I get it if you have a city/patronage job or you are freeloading in a relative's house who has the above.

How any taxpaying citizen with half a brain could even consider voting for Healy is beyond comprehension...

Posted on: 2013/5/3 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Healy's lack of professionalism was astonishing. ASTONISHING. This is the mayor of our city? Saying "piss", and delivering derogatory comments to spectators? Countless errors in grammar? Wtf?

It is so amazing that this is a close race, when one candidate is so superior in every single detectable way.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 13:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

Prismatic wrote:
I have to say it was quite the show. Healy definitely talks out of his ass. He never really answered the questions, just typical political run around, answering until the time runs out. He was very hostile too, taking shots at Fulop and the audience. Malik was on my good side until he took the route of making the other candidates look bad.

Fulop really was the only one who spoke clearly and maintained composure throughout the debate. I have to agree with mrasg1, it seemed like the panel just wanted to get out as quick as possible.

Glad you came out - sorry we didn't meet. I agree with you. Can you believe Healy was 10x worse in his belligerence at last week's debate in Ward A. He was being "good" tonight, believe it or not... As usual, Steve came out focused, poised and with a plan.

Should've mentioned I would be there. Ah well. There is always 2017 :) I wouldn't doubt you on that. Healy seemed very uneasy, I was expecting him to just blatantly curse everyone out, like it was inevitable. He knew, however, that he couldn't afford to do that for this debate.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 13:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
It seems like Healy should sue himself for defamation since the video is, well, him.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 12:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
New Jersey is so entrenched in this kind of corrupt crap it seems normal to these generations of families who have been greasing their palms to pay for their hot tubs and deck extensions on the Jersey Shore thanks to fat white envelopes. Everyone is on the take. I worry how Fulop will get anything done when the union underlings who have to take direction from him have to do it for their salary. There will be a lot of bitter people in office that will slow things up just because what, "doing my job without the payouts?". Just look at the Permit offices after each FBI raid, they are bitter and resentful as they have to "play by the book" and can't because how can they support their lifestyles without the cash so it eventually has the corruption seep out again.

I wonder how Fulop will deal with these people if he gets in? You expect them all to suddenly buck up and work for a bi-weekly pay check? Gulp.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 12:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
So Healy was there while his Deputy Mayor and other employees continued the conversation about bribes? And he allowed them to continue in his employment for how long after that??

Posted on: 2013/5/3 12:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

Prismatic wrote:
I have to say it was quite the show. Healy definitely talks out of his ass. He never really answered the questions, just typical political run around, answering until the time runs out. He was very hostile too, taking shots at Fulop and the audience. Malik was on my good side until he took the route of making the other candidates look bad.

Fulop really was the only one who spoke clearly and maintained composure throughout the debate. I have to agree with mrasg1, it seemed like the panel just wanted to get out as quick as possible.

Glad you came out - sorry we didn't meet. I agree with you. Can you believe Healy was 10x worse in his belligerence at last week's debate in Ward A. He was being "good" tonight, believe it or not... As usual, Steve came out focused, poised and with a plan.

LOL, I have to agree with you about the NAACP debate being the worse. By comparison, this was a neighborhood argument. At the NAACP I loved watching Healy's handlers escort the drunken Mrs. Healy away from a Fulop volunteer.

My compadres & I were waiting for that magical moment when Healy's button was pushed & he lost it. It appeared that Malick was trying to buffer things but he lost it & things got to be fun.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 11:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Fulop is so far under his skin that he just lashes out in all directions. You see it at the debates. You read it in the papers. The contempt he has for Fulop is palpable.

Yes, it is. I thought it was strange when Healy said Fulop's reach exceeded his grasp (or was it vice versa?) He apparently thinks this means something like "biting off more than you can chew." Ironically, the original quote (?Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for??) encourages ambition.

He seems to think the job is too big for Fulop. Fulop is a combat marine veteran and former businessman with a Masters in Public Affairs from Columbia and an MBA from NYU. He's served on the City Council for eight years. He's had a far better preparation than Healy had. He's more than ready to take over.

Posted on: 2013/5/3 5:05

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017