Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Re: Healy orders Fulop campaign to stop running ads featuring Dwek
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know how many registered voters there are here in Jersey City? And can someone tell me how many residents there are living in each ward and what percent of residents in each ward are registered to vote in Jersey City?

Posted on: 2013/4/29 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
It really easy because Healy is a drunk who has embarrassed himself in public multiple times, while he was serving the City as it's Mayor and in turn embarrassing me and others. Fulop is an accomplished triathlete and war hero with fresh ideas that are in line with the progression of this city and has a true service attitude when it comes to the Mayor's office and his time as councilman. He has helped me and the people of my building on multiple occasions whether it be a question about the archaic city bureaucracy or how to fix a road or file a complaint, ect. Not to mention, as other have already noted, he was literally " a good man in a storm" he was there every step of the way during Sandy updating residents not just of his ward but all over the city on the state of various things that people were desperate to get info about. Where was Healy? The answer is who gives a F$&% cause it wasn't here! This election is a joke, Fulop is so far ahead of Healy in terms of representing the people of this city and possessing a future vision that Healy supporters literally make me sick. We wasted the last 2 terms let's not let this sick corrupt drunk get another one.

Quote:

cheezsnak wrote:
You guys are funny, you bash Healy all day and when someone has something negative to say about Fulop you try and bash them until they go away. No one here ever answers my question, what has Fulop done?
A lot, thats the only answer I get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1sRh ... ture=youtube_gdata_player

Posted on: 2013/4/27 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Right Mouse most likely some kind of deal when down when the FBI visited him the day before the 44 arrests.

Hey moderators of the next mayoral debate. Ask Healy what went down in that meeting.

Better yet hey Fulop somehow work that into one of your replies at the debate.

Say the people of JC want to know what was discussed at that FBI visit. (that would surely make his hands shake)

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy visited by FBI one day before corruption arrests

By Amy Sara Clark/The Jersey Journal
on September 04, 2009 at 4:40 PM, updated September

The FBI paid a visit to Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy one day before the July 23 FBI corruption sweep in which 44 people were arrested, Jennifer Morrill, the mayor's spokeswoman, confirmed today.

Reports of the FBI visit to Healy was first reported in The Jersey City Reporter earlier today.

Although Morrill confirmed the visit, she said the mayor refused to disclose what was discussed, citing an ongoing investigation. Michael Drewniak, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office also refused to comment.

The FBI arrested 44 people -- including 23 from Hudson County and seven who were Jersey City employees -- on corruption charges on July 23.

Healy has not been charged with any crimes, but he has acknowledged meeting with FBI informant Solomon Dwek at least twice, in meetings that included Edward Cheatam, a Hudson County affirmative action officer, political operative Jack Shaw, and Jersey City Deputy Mayor Leona Beldini, who served as his campaign treasurer.

The federal complaints allege that Shaw -- who died of unknown causes July 28 -- Beldini and Cheatam "arranged for others" to provide checks to the campaign of "JC Official 4" with cash provided by the Dwek. Healy has acknowledged he's "JC Official 4," but says he did nothing wrong.

JJ piece?.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... mayor_jerramiah_he_6.html

Posted on: 2013/4/26 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
I look at the below video and read the court documents and can?t for the life of me figure out why they didn?t at least try and go after Healy.

?To watch the full FBI video, visit http://bit.ly/DwekVideo

To read the counts and charges against Deputy Mayor and Healy Campaign Tresasuer, Leona Beldini, please visit: http://bit.ly/JCcorruption

?

Healy thanked Dwek for the $10K at the end of the tape and Dwek also told him he was going to give $10K more. I guess they needed to get Healy actually stuffing the money into his pockets to nail him????

Yeah, I think that's about right -- if he actually accepted cash on tape directly they probably would have arrested him.

But, since they didn't have that, there is also another theory that Healy cut some sort of deal (to avoid trial) and ratted out the others.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 20:52
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I look at the below video and read the court documents and can?t for the life of me figure out why they didn?t at least try and go after Healy.

?To watch the full FBI video, visit http://bit.ly/DwekVideo

To read the counts and charges against Deputy Mayor and Healy Campaign Tresasuer, Leona Beldini, please visit: http://bit.ly/JCcorruption

?

Healy thanked Dwek for the $10K at the end of the tape and Dwek also told him he was going to give $10K more. I guess they needed to get Healy actually stuffing the money into his pockets to nail him????

Posted on: 2013/4/26 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

81905 wrote:
From what I can find the only reason Obama rubber stamped Jerry is because Jerry is for gun control.

Mostly its because Healy helped with Obama's re-election campaign (which every sitting Democrat mayor was "expected" to do by the DNC, I believe).Its simple tit-for-tat. Obama has no idea about Healy and he has no idea that this is a non-partisan election with mostly/only Democrats running. It means zilch.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 20:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
From what I can find the only reason Obama rubber stamped Jerry is because Jerry is for gun control.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 19:19

Re:Healy orders Fulop campaign to stop running ads featuring Dwek
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Sure, Steve Fulop is the "doctor" who can operate and heal the mess that Healy has made.

Healy is unhappy that Steve is using Healy's own words against him, but sometimes you have take your medicine, even if you don't like it (doctor's orders). And, the "FALSE" label simply means that the statement "Obama doesn't think Healy is corrupt" is false.

The Obama team probably made Healy "doctor" his video offerings, because they now realize the pile of mess they stepped in and now do not want to be associated with Bid Rig.

But, Jerry Healy need not worry. It looks like the operation will be successful and the doctor will be able to offer the soon-to-be ex-mayor weeks of bed rest very soon.

Quote:

kdodh wrote:
I don't get this ad. Can someone explain it to me?

Posted on: 2013/4/26 18:50
W. C. Fields

Healy's "Steve Fulop is a Doctor Video"?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/28 20:57
Group:
Registered Users
I don't get this ad. Can someone explain it to me?

http://youtu.be/kHuYHvPribw

Posted on: 2013/4/26 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
Quote:

cheezsnak wrote:
So you've been here nearly a decade, I'm Jersey City born and raised. I don't care if I sway your vote or anyones vote, either way the city will be in disarry. I just thought that commercial was funny and informative, let the mudslinging begin. Healy does what Healy does and Fulop does Fulop.

You're all under the wrong impression. cheezsnak isn't a Healy shill. Judging by the grammar and spelling, it's the Mayor himself! Thanks for stopping by Jerry. I think that your sons need someone to take care of tables on busy weekends at the tavern once you're out of a job. And you get to sing and you receive all of the free complimentary short glasses of beer that you can drink. That should put the place out of business in about 6 months.

Jerry Healy was born & raised in North Bergen. Never attended a Jersey City school. Probably didn't move here till after he was married. All the kids were born & raised here.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 0:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cheezsnak wrote:
So you've been here nearly a decade, I'm Jersey City born and raised. I don't care if I sway your vote or anyones vote, either way the city will be in disarry. I just thought that commercial was funny and informative, let the mudslinging begin. Healy does what Healy does and Fulop does Fulop.

You're all under the wrong impression. cheezsnak isn't a Healy shill. Judging by the grammar and spelling, it's the Mayor himself! Thanks for stopping by Jerry. I think that your sons need someone to take care of tables on busy weekends at the tavern once you're out of a job. And you get to sing and you receive all of the free complimentary short glasses of beer that you can drink. That should put the place out of business in about 6 months.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 0:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Ahh I see Team Fulop was fast to counter Team Healy?s ?Doctor Video? counter of the Team Fulop FBI video. I just got a Team Fulop mailer that has a link to the full under cover video that the commercial spot was taken from.

This is from the mailer:

?
To watch the full video, visit http://bit.ly/DwekVideo

To read the courts and charges against Deputy Mayor and Healy Campaign Tresasuer, Leona Beldini, please visit: http://bit.ly/JCcorruption

?

Posted on: 2013/4/24 22:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:
cheezsnak wrote:
No one here ever answers my question, what has Fulop done?

You can add, he helped me and my neighbors during Sandy. He told us where to get gas, where to charge our phones, and when our power would return on. I appreciated it because he was not even our councilman. Our councilman & Mayor was MIA during Sandy. Actually ward A councilman has been missing for the last four years.

Ditto that. When Lafayette (Ward F) lost power & heat for nearly 10 days during Sandy, Healy and his people, including his Ward F council appointee, were completely AWOL. We neither saw them once nor heard a peep from them while we froze.

The only source of information and support we had during that miserable period came from Steve Fulop's office. In word and deed, he personifies a commitment to effective and responsive governance.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Did the battle move over here? I am pretty sure everyone over here knows who they are voting for and I am sure everyone on this site reads the JJ comments about Healy. I must admit he gets ripped apart over there from people not only in JC but from all over NJ. EVERYONE remembers the Team Healy 2009 arrests and his Bradley Beach arrest. (I wonder if Healy reads those replies..wow what a loser)

So I guess the reply to your question of what has Fulop done could also be found there. Didn?t someone post the JJ link to the piece about how the Healy controlled council with Brennan leading passed an ?anti-Fulop? ordinance to stop Fulop from re-introducing his voted down ordinances for 6 months at a time? Yes they did. You have got to give Fulop credit for trying to do something anything against a Healy controlled council.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 21:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/3 23:54
Group:
Registered Users
thanks for brining up Pay to Play NosoMightyOz. Here's a nice article about Mr. Fulop...

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... _mayoral_candidate_s.html

Posted on: 2013/4/24 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
For more on Steven Fulop's many accomplishments, let me refer you to the website: http://stevenfulop.com/

For more information on Healy participating in taking bribes, I refer you PolitickerNJ. Please note: JC Official Number 4 = Healy.

http://www.politickernj.com/matt-frie ... amiah-healy-jc-official-4

...PolitickerNJ.com has confirmed that "JC Official 4" is Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy, the Hudson County Democratic Chairman.

...The money was paid to the JC Official 4 campaign through $10,000 in tickets to a fundraiser, according to the complaint. Beldini is quoted telling Dwek that "[w]hat we're trying to do is put money into different funds so we can, when we need it, funnel it back into [JC Official 4's election fund]. Which everybody does."

..."Beldini responded that she could say ?one thing' about JC Official 4--JC Official 4 ?remembered' JC Official 4's "friends," and JC Official 4's word was ?gold,'" read to the complaint.

[Aha! So that is what the "gold" reference means.]

"JC Official 4" later showed up to the meeting, where according to the complaint he was told by Cheatam Dwek wanted to be "on top" of the "pile," and that he had given $10,000, planned to give $10,000 after that day's meeting and again after the election.

"JC Official 4 responded, among other things, that hopefully "we" could work "together" and that this would be "mutually beneficial," read the complaint.

After the meeting, outside of the luncheonette, Shaw allegedly told Dwek that everybody was "happy as hell" with the arrangement and accepted $10,000 in cash.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 21:20
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MightyOz wrote:
Quote:
cheezsnak wrote:

As Councilman: passed the state's toughest pay-to-play legislation and would have gone further except for Healy's veto. Started cutting back on Healy waste through free cars to freeloaders. Led the fight against more waterfront abatements (which Healy always supported). Proposed great ideas (bring autonomous agencies back into city) torpedoed by Healy. Delivered great constituent service.

As civic leader: brought an end to HCDeadO control of the schoolboard, helping elect new board members who brought in a new, professional superintendent.

As Mayor: that's what we'll see. I'll wager he never approaches Healy's record for arrests (personal or within his administration). I'll also bet that he'll see more affordable housing built, see more services consolidated, and see more jobs created. but that's what this election is about.

Have a nice day, cheesy.

You can add, he helped me and my neighbors during Sandy. He told us where to get gas, where to charge our phones, and when our power would return on. I appreciated it because he was not even our councilman. Our councilman & Mayor was MIA during Sandy. Actually ward A councilman has been missing for the last four years.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 21:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/2 18:35
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
cheezsnak wrote:

As Councilman: passed the state's toughest pay-to-play legislation and would have gone further except for Healy's veto. Started cutting back on Healy waste through free cars to freeloaders. Led the fight against more waterfront abatements (which Healy always supported). Proposed great ideas (bring autonomous agencies back into city) torpedoed by Healy. Delivered great constituent service.

As civic leader: brought an end to HCDeadO control of the schoolboard, helping elect new board members who brought in a new, professional superintendent.

As Mayor: that's what we'll see. I'll wager he never approaches Healy's record for arrests (personal or within his administration). I'll also bet that he'll see more affordable housing built, see more services consolidated, and see more jobs created. but that's what this election is about.

Have a nice day, cheesy.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 21:09
Follow the yellow brick road.

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You guys are funny, you bash Healy all day and when someone has something negative to say about Fulop you try and bash them until they go away. No one here ever answers my question, what has Fulop done?

Posted on: 2013/4/24 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cheezsnak wrote:
. No one outside of Ward E knows who he is.

No one outside of Chicago knew who Obama was back in 2007 but we all know him now.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Stop replying to this idiot. He or she is only on JC List to instigate and derail things. Nothing more. So obvious.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 20:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
Are you serious? Cheese whatever your name is...I really have no words for this comment. I am in Ward F and Steve has done more for us than Healy. Who are you supporting then with these baseless comments? Just the fact that Steve has got the energy to deal with this city is admirable. Like I said before, Healy did two terms, time to GO!

Posted on: 2013/4/24 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cheezsnak wrote:
Like I said before, I'm not a Healy supporter. I just don't like Fulop, what has he done for Jersey City? He swam the Hudson for Jersey City? He ran the triathlon for Jersey City? He hasn't done anything in all these years he's been on the council. No one outside of Ward E knows who he is.

Cheez are you lactose intolerant? It appears that you have Diarrhea of the fingers. I appreciate that you're sharing your opinions, I think we get it you hate Fulop, but repeating yourself over and over gets tiresome pretty fast. JCFREE also had this condition.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 19:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Like I said before, I'm not a Healy supporter. I just don't like Fulop, what has he done for Jersey City? He swam the Hudson for Jersey City? He ran the triathlon for Jersey City? He hasn't done anything in all these years he's been on the council. No one outside of Ward E knows who he is.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Healy has no facts or substance to run on.

So he plays childish psychological games: Fulop isn't one of us, he's a snob, he thinks he's better than everyone, he's new doesn't understand the city, thinks he knows what's best for everyone, etc.

Sadly there are people who fall for this game, but enough people who actually care about JC as a whole will put Healy back on the beach. Preferably clothed this time...

Posted on: 2013/4/24 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cheezsnak wrote:
Gotta love Healys' response, Fulop is just trying to bash Healy so he can try and win. And the commercial of Fulop swimming the Hudson is so self centered, he only cares about himself. I've met him before and he acts like he's the acts like he's above everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHuYHv ... ture=youtube_gdata_player

As other's have pointed out, it is very hard to take a newbie seriously when he shows up solely to support a candidate in the campaign.

However, if you had anything thoughtful or interesting to contribute, some of us might pay some attention. You don't.

I've heard some Healy supporters at debates and read comments and letters in support of Healy and I've noticed a pattern when it comes to comments about Fulop. They are personal and petty. I don't believe that Fulop is self-centered or arrogant, but I also would not care if he were. I'm looking for someone to run my city, not for someone to have a beer with.

One of the reasons I support Fulop is that I admire him. Perhaps leaving a life of privilege to volunteer for the marines after 9/11 and the dedication and persistence to compete in Ironman triathlons don't impress you. They do impress me. As do the energy and commitment he's brought to representing Ward E. It's refreshing to have a candidate whom I actually admire.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
Seriously, The Healy supporters here definitely either do not live in Jersey City and work here or live far away from me because my block and area have not changed one bit in the last decade. We have gotten little response from police, our real estate has not gained value, we can't walk from the light rail at night, we have rampant open air drug sales, we have poor quality of life and our local bank left. It is very hard to get nice tenants here and now that summer is coming we have to gear up for the wild violent teenagers that are going to run the streets way past the non enforced curfew that has not been enforced.
If you had any common sense you would at least want to give a new person with a good back ground like Steve a shot rather than someone who is clearly not equipped to handle the problems with continue to have. Healy is fine. He has a good life. Why is he being so greedy. Give someone else a chance!

Posted on: 2013/4/24 18:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/4/24 17:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wrong again buttercup. I never said I was a Healy supporter, I just don't think Fulop is an upgrade. Status que is better than Fulop sinking the ship, stop drinking the Fulop Coolaide.

And can someone tell Fulop to stop posting here under different screen names.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHuYHv ... ture=youtube_gdata_player

Posted on: 2013/4/24 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

cheezsnak wrote:
1. Things haven't changed in JC in decades, they're not going to change now.

There you have it folks, the complete philosophy of the B & R Healy supporter. "the house is a mess, so don't interfere with us selling off the copper and burning it down".

The schools are slashing their budgets while these pigs are shoulder deep in the trough. Time for change.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 16:37

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017