Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: Healy orders Fulop campaign to stop running ads featuring Dwek
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Completely agree, what a loser. Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
Fulop didn't run these ads until Healy sent a mailer out accusing Fulop of corruption in connection with the Board of Education. I think "What Is Steve Fulop Hiding?" was the headline on the mailer.

As predicted, the Board of Education fishing expedition has produced nothing except legal bills which Healy has the nerve to insist the Board of Education must pay, not Healy's campaign

He had the opportunity to keep the campaign constructive by following Fulop's lead and focusing on the issues, but instead he threw faux mud. I can't believe he has the shamelessness to cry foul when Fulop fights back.

What a loser.

Posted on: 2013/4/23 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop didn't run these ads until Healy sent a mailer out accusing Fulop of corruption in connection with the Board of Education. I think "What Is Steve Fulop Hiding?" was the headline on the mailer.

As predicted, the Board of Education fishing expedition has produced nothing except legal bills which Healy has the nerve to insist the Board of Education must pay, not Healy's campaign

He had the opportunity to keep the campaign constructive by following Fulop's lead and focusing on the issues, but instead he threw faux mud. I can't believe he has the shamelessness to cry foul when Fulop fights back.

What a loser.

Posted on: 2013/4/23 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Just like his temper tantrum over "Chico" getting on the ballot, this fuss is doing nothing to help him and everything to help Team Fulop. The footage speaks for itself. Healy accepted a bribe in camera. How he was never indicted is totally beyond me.

Thanks again for the assist, Jerry!

Posted on: 2013/4/23 1:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Because it has been running for at least two weeks and both campaigns must do tracking polls.
This must be hurting the Healy poll numbers so they have no choice.
I bet 85% of the people in Jersey City never knew this ever took
Place nor was filmed.

Posted on: 2013/4/23 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Healy is a 'CLEAR and PRESENT DANGER' to the citizens of Jersey CIty

Posted on: 2013/4/23 0:17
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
Wow you're right. Didn't even think of this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Quote:

81905 wrote:
Why Healy, Morrill (his PR Spin Machine) and the rest of his handlers would want to keep this in the news so areas that may not be as pro-Fulop are now re-hashing all these embarrassing and dispicable corruption charges is a mystery to me.

Healy may not have been charged but his proximity to such a wide sweep of HIS administration is the reason I was pretty suprised he ran again.

Fulop's team must be all smiles

Posted on: 2013/4/22 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Why Healy, Morrill (his PR Spin Machine) and the rest of his handlers would want to keep this in the news so areas that may not be as pro-Fulop are now re-hashing all these embarrassing and dispicable corruption charges is a mystery to me.

Healy may not have been charged but his proximity to such a wide sweep of HIS administration is the reason I was pretty surprised he ran again.

Fulop's team must be all smiles

Posted on: 2013/4/22 23:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
His answer to everything is to file a lawsuit.

Posted on: 2013/4/22 23:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
I will be voting for Fulop, but I'd be interested to hear from any lawyerly types on here as to whether there's any substance to Healy's defamation claims -- my guess is that the ad runs pretty close to the line of what's legal and what's not. On the other hand, I can't imagine that Fulop wouldn't have been savvy enough to make sure this wouldn't be an issue.

In any case, I don't fault Fulop for going down this road -- it's sort of appalling that our city has such low standards that Healy can be competitive in this election.

Posted on: 2013/4/22 23:10

Healy orders Fulop campaign to stop running ads featuring Dwek
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
The re-election campaign of Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy has sent a ?cease and desist? letter to the campaign of his leading rival over campaign ads featuring video and photographs of Healy meeting in 2009 with disgraced developer Solomon Dwek.

The ads, produced by the mayoral campaign of Ward E City Councilman Steve Fulop, should be pulled immediately or else Healy may pursue legal action, reads the April 19 letter from Healy attorney William W. Northgrave.

The campaign material is ?defamatory,? Northgrave?s letter reads.

A statement from the Fulop campaign indicates the Downtown councilman?s campaign has no intention of pulling the ads. In fact, the statement ends with a link to watch the television commercial.

The ad shows Healy thanking Dwek for providing cash for the mayor's 2009 campaign, and it ends with the words "Mayor Healy got away with it" on the screen.

?Our ad speaks for itself,? said Fulop campaign spokesman Bruno Tedeschi. ?Healy is at the center of the biggest political corruption scandal in New Jersey's history. From the selling of body parts of the dead in morgues to payoffs to politicians, it became a source of national embarrassment. What's stunning is how brazen Healy was then. ?

The surveillance video featured in both the television ad and several campaign fliers shows Healy meeting with Dwek, former Healy campaign treasurer Leona Beldini and others at the Medical Center Luncheonette, a diner at the corner of Baldwin Avenue and Montgomery Street.

Dwek was acting as a confidential informant for the FBI, posing as a corrupt developer offering envelopes of cash in exchange for assurances that city officials would help his project along.

Beldini, at the time a deputy mayor, was found guilty of accepting $20,000 in cash and funneling it to Healy?s campaign. She is serving a three-year federal prison sentence.

Healy campaign spokesman Joshua Henne said Fulop's ads are "outright lies."

"Steve Fulop will literally do or say anything to quench his thirst for power," Henne said, adding that the councilman is "desperately slinging mud."

Healy was never charged in the corruption sweep, which netted numerous members of the administration and two Healy allies on the City Council.

Fulop has referenced the corruption sweep on the campaign trail, and first attacked Healy with it in person at a debate at the Landmark Loew's Jersey Theatre. At the debate, Healy responded by urging voters to watch the entire video of his meeting with Dwek.

?I should have gotten a gold medal for effective, honest, open government" after video of the meeting surfaced, Healy said at the debate.

Posted on: 2013/4/22 22:38

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017