Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Has anyone seen a Bronco or Seahawk (outside of the hotel)?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/25 1:52
Group:
Registered Users
Just curious whether there have been any sitings of players going out for a drink in their host city. Surely, some of them are wondering a bit about the community around the hotel?

Posted on: 2014/2/1 1:31

Re: JC hotels to host Super Bowl participants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Super Bowl 2014: The Jersey City councilman who corrected Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on being in New Jersey By Mike Vorkunov/The Star-Ledger January 27, 2014 at 9:44 AM JERSEY CITY -- The comment to Pete Carroll came from the back of the room, a blunt tone with a light Jersey accent breaking through the Seahawks coach's first Super Bowl press conference of the week. "Coach, I just want to say something. I'm Rich Boggiano with the city council. You said you're glad to be back in New York, I just want to remind you, you're in New Jersey." There it was: the vocalization of a weeks-long agitation of this Super Bowl's New York City slant. Here was Boggiano, the id of ornery Jersey residents, reminding Carroll exactly where he was. Carroll's transgression was saying that he was returning to New York after his previous stint as Jets coach 20 years ago. The Jets, of course, play in New Jersey. "I get you," Carroll interjected before Boggiano could finish. "My bad." "Even when you're at the Jets, you know we were the New York Jets but we were playing in New Jersey so that's always been an issue," Carroll continued on. "I understand. I appreciate it. Sorry it came out that way." So who is this man who earned an apology from Carroll for the state's persistent under-appreciation? Boggiano is actually a born and raised Manhanattanite but has spent the past 40 years living in Jersey City. A retired Jersey City police officer, he is serving his first year on the city council -- representing Journal Square. He has made a life of representing the state. He says he has produced research over the years showing how New York City reserved undue credit for its cultural contribution -- and how New Jersey was slighted. He came to the press conference not because he is a football fan -- he had Jets tickets for 15 years before PSL prices drove him away -- but to represent Jersey City. "Listening to the radio, the television, New York Giants, New York Jets, they're playing here," he said. "It's like ridiculous." After the press conference ended, Boggiano was suddenly flocked upon by others praising his righteousness. As Carroll walked out of the room several feet away, Joyce Watterman, a city councilwoman, came to praise him. "Best question. I liked that," another person came over to say. It was not his intention to become the center of attention, but Boggiano couldn't see another mistake pass by. "I didn't want to embarass him," he said. "But.. http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ss ... roll_on_being_in_new.html

Posted on: 2014/1/27 18:31

Re: Super bowl kick off party at westin. Today? 8pm? Any info?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
I took a drive downtown to see whats up late this evening. CC leading up to the Hyatt becomes one lane and you have 5 marked cruisers parked right after Greene st stopping cars. I'm all for safety, but taking numerous units off duty for such detail is a bit too much, considering we've parts of the city which could use better police presence . (The Journal had a piece about citizen of greenville are in fear after 5 shooting in a week) There was also a big police presence over at the Westin and here too, the resources could be better used. It's not like the NFL or the State cant provide security.

Fulop and the JCPD should worry about the safety of its citizens first, than two football teams.

Most likely there aren't any less police officers on the street. These officers are likely being paid over time.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
All these visitors and NFL people and Jersey City stinks to high heaven tonight. Welcome to New Jersey!! Ugh, embarrassing.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 7:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I took a drive downtown to see whats up late this evening. CC leading up to the Hyatt becomes one lane and you have 5 marked cruisers parked right after Greene st stopping cars. I'm all for safety, but taking numerous units off duty for such detail is a bit too much, considering we've parts of the city which could use better police presence . (The Journal had a piece about citizen of greenville are in fear after 5 shooting in a week) There was also a big police presence over at the Westin and here too, the resources could be better used. It's not like the NFL or the State cant provide security.

Fulop and the JCPD should worry about the safety of its citizens first, than two football teams.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 4:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Some people will ALWAYS find something to bitch about. Tell me why gentrification is a bad thing? Don't kid yourself; when areas get fixed up, it means it will be better for EVERYONE not just DTJC.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 4:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/18 23:28
Group:
Registered Users
They allowed a large amount of the spectators who were hanging around outside early into the underground parking area of the hyatt to watch the players get off the buses. They eventually had to block it off so it didn't get overcrowded. It was basically what I would have expected and what generally happens at sporting events. Buses came in, people cheered, and the ones who were there early enough were able to see them get off the buses and wave to crowd as they walked into the hotel.
It might not have been the most exciting event but it was at the least executed well and everyone I saw seemed to be having a good time. They were even nice enough to set up a courtesy tent with free hot drinks, heaters and some giveaways.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
If you know the area... what would people expect to see? They weren't going to have the team get off the bus before the underground Hyatt main entrance. Outside of the concert the whole JC thing is a bit of a joke... I have seen a few banners flying from street poles... the welcome banner can only be viewed from an east view on Columbus and all the newspapers are showing are the painted security barrier at the construction site next to the Marin PATH entrance. Can't wait for the PATH commute tomorrow morning.

Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
The welcoming event at the Hyatt for the Broncos was pretty lame. Why invite the public if all they're going to be able to see is "team bus #5" carrying Broncos support staff? Thanks to the all the security theater and and the Ring of JCPD Steel surrounding the Hyatt, the first buses carrying the players basically pulled right up to the hotel door. And with all the TV trucks parked in a line right outside the hotel, the public saw squat.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
I watched the team busses pull to the front of the Westin Hotel from my windows. I wasn't going to go out and stand in the cold to watch a few busses pull up to the hotel door.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
The welcoming event at the Hyatt for the Broncos was pretty lame. Why invite the public if all they're going to be able to see is "team bus #5" carrying Broncos support staff? Thanks to the all the security theater and and the Ring of JCPD Steel surrounding the Hyatt, the first buses carrying the players basically pulled right up to the hotel door. And with all the TV trucks parked in a line right outside the hotel, the public saw squat.

Just as I knew it would be. That stuff is a waste of time.

I live close enough to the Hyatt that it wasn't big deal to throw on my coat and hat to check it out. It was a pathetic enough event (even the cops sounded disappointed) that it probably discouraged people from going out in even colder temps later to "welcome" the Seahawks.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:

Just as I knew it would be. That stuff is a waste of time.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/27 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There's lots of activity in front of the Westin Hotel.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 0:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(more pictures from the JJ)

Super Bowl 2014: Denver Broncos arrive at hotel in Jersey City, greet fans, meet media

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ey_city.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/1/26 23:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
How's the party? Is there a "party"???

Posted on: 2014/1/26 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
More buses and more police cars just arrived. I see them from my window.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
The Broncos has arrived.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Wow a line has formed outside of the Hyatt hotel. The Broncos are expected to arrive at the hotel around 4 p.m., and will stay at the waterfront hotel for the duration of Super Bowl week. Goodbye easy commute.

Resized Image

This was my commute coming home Friday night on the lightrail, I left NYC at 6 and did not arrive home till 8 due to the over crowding rail. I usually get a seat and leg room, not this time. This is going to be major fun :) (Rolls Eyes)

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/1/26 21:01

Edited by user1111 on 2014/1/26 21:24:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
SRhia I am pretty sure it is just to watch them walk from the bus into the hotel.

"The events will feature activities for children ? including a Field Goal Kicking Contest ? music, giveaways, hot chocolate, and more, with participants able to watch as the teams make their way to their hotels. "

Don't forget the Macy's fireworks on Monday night at LSP. The kickoff event is sold out but they can't charge us all for the view of the fireworks. lol

Monday, January 27, 2014 at Liberty State Park, Jersey City, New Jersey

Live Concert: 7:30pm ?- 9:00pm with Daughtry, The Fray, and Goo Goo Dolls

Hosts Joe Buck and Erin Andrews
Fox Sports 1 Live Television Program: 8:00pm ?- 9:00pm

Macy's Fireworks: 8:45pm -? 9:00pm

Posted on: 2014/1/26 20:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/3 20:43
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
There were indeed "no parking" signs. But it looked like there were at least a half dozen cars being towed when I drove by about 2 hours ago. The car on the first tow bed had Florida plates. Welcome!

Posted on: 2014/1/26 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone if the players themselves will be at these "welcome parties"? If so, I may consider taking my son there, who is just getting into football.

If it's just us New Jerseyians there for a party, I may just skip it... Too cold...

Posted on: 2014/1/26 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
One lane of Washington Blvd has been cordoned off from the PATH station to the Westin Hotel. Cars that were parked in that area have been towed. The "Eye in the Sky" has been placed across the street from the Westin Hotel but it looks like it have been shortened and is not as high off the ground.

Were there any "No Parking" notices on those locations?

Posted on: 2014/1/26 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
One lane of Washington Blvd has been cordoned off from the PATH station to the Westin Hotel. Cars that were parked in that area have been towed. The "Eye in the Sky" has been placed across the street from the Westin Hotel but it looks like it have been shortened and is not as high off the ground.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Welcoming Event for the Seattle Seahawks will be @ 8 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 26th, 2014 Westin Hotel (outside) 479 Washington Boulevard.

F**k That. That's for tourists.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks neverleft. That's what I was looking for.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Exactly. Go somewhere far away and pretend it's Super Bowl related or go get corralled like New Years Eve in Times Square? F-That!

Posted on: 2014/1/26 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/

Alternate Side Parking SUSPENDED Until Further Notice.

Hey Kids! Want A Chance To Welcome The Super Bowl Teams & Be Deputy Mayor For A Day? JC To Host Two Welcoming Events as Super Bowl Teams Arrive On Sunday; Activities For Kids Planned @ Limited Liberty Science Center W/Passes to Be Handed Out! Fans! Come Out & Cheer For Your Team!

Mayor Steven M. Fulop and the City of Jersey City, in partnership with the Hudson County Chamber of Commerce, will welcome the two Super Bowl teams to Jersey City at two separate welcoming events on Sunday, January 26th, 2014.

The events will feature activities for children ? including a Field Goal Kicking Contest ? music, giveaways, hot chocolate, and more, with participants able to watch as the teams make their way to their hotels.

Children attending both events will be entered into a drawing to ?serve? as Deputy Mayor for a day alongside Mayor Fulop. One child will be chosen from each event. Additionally, 100 Liberty Science Center passes will be distributed at the 8 p.m. Seahawks Welcoming Event.

Welcoming Event for the Denver Broncos will be @ 4 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 26th, 2014, Hyatt Hotel (outside) 2 Exchange Place

Welcoming Event for the Seattle Seahawks will be @ 8 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 26th, 2014 Westin Hotel (outside) 479 Washington Boulevard.

The City raised donations for the events from Mack-Cali, the Hyatt, Newport Development Associates, the Westin, the Jersey City Medical Center and the Hudson County Chamber of Commerce.

This weekend, the City will also install banners along Christopher Columbus Drive the route the players will take from Newark-Liberty Airport to their hotels in Jersey City. For the next two weeks, Christopher Columbus Drive will be known as Super Bowl Drive.

?We are excited to welcome the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks, as well as all of their fans, to Jersey City,? said Mayor Fulop. ?Working closely with the NFL has been a great opportunity to showcase Jersey City as we prepare for the nation?s largest annual sporting event. We hope that everyone attending the Super Bowl experiences everything Jersey City has to offer.?

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ss ... edule.html#incart_m-rpt-2

First come the Broncos. The team is scheduled to arrive at Newark Airport at 3:30 p.m.

At 5 p.m., members of the team, including quarterback Peyton Manning and coach John Fox, will meet with media aboard the Cornucopia Majesty yacht, which will be docked at the Hyatt in Jersey City (that's the Broncos' hotel, at 2 Exchange Place).

Next it's the Seahawks, set to touch down at Newark Airport around 7 p.m. Then, at 8 p.m., a press conference at the Westin Jersey City (479 Washington Blvd.), where the team is staying, with coach Pete Carroll and quarterback Russell Wilson.

Jersey City Mayor Mayor Steven Fulop and the city of Jersey City, in partnership with the Hudson County Chamber of Commerce, are holding welcoming events for the two teams, with music, giveaways and hot chocolate for this wanting to watch the teams make their way to their hotels.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
My advice would be to stay away from that area in general. The security is going to be insane and no one will get close unless you're a press person. The NFL is like a secret police force.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 18:29

Super bowl kick off party at westin. Today? 8pm? Any info?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have any info on this? Open to public? Press only? Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
I wanna hang out with Richard Sherman. He's hilarious.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 11:03

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017