Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: Input about moving to JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
My friend's parents live in Droyer's. I just know what I do from visiting.

Also, I stalk Zillow for Hoboken/JC listings even after I just bought just because I find it intriguing.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The clubhouse at Droyer's is really nice. The pool also has a sick view.

Yeah thats another perk you can rent the clubhouses for events. Yes the SHI and DP pools have the nice view. SH II is in more off of the BAY. I have been in the SH I big pool real relaxing looking out over the Bay.

Here?s the link to the pictures from the RE company.

http://society-hill.com/communityphotos.html

RUHP .. You should answer questions they have I think you said you have relatives down in DP.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
The clubhouse at Droyer's is really nice. The pool also has a sick view.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah SH was OK no where as bad as DT, Hob, and CV. That is because SH was built up on a mound 10 to 11 feet above sea level..new construction. (at the time)

Take a visit down there and you will see what I was talking about with the water coming up in the streets and in the back.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 20:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/28 0:07
Group:
Registered Users
so it seems SH did much better than many places further north like dtjc/newport/hoboken/secaucus. It's surprising but good.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
No.. no damage to any unit in the 3 phases. The water stopped within 5 inches of their back doors. A couple of trees down, siding off in a few places. The maintenance crew had it all fixed and cleaned up within a day or two.

City and Assoc. told ground floor to evacuate many did along with their cars. Others had ?deals? with 2nd and 3rd floors to move up. Some people did move their cars to the Home Depot lot on rt 440 before the storm. No one expected the streets in front of the units to flood. That caught people by surprise.

Oh yeah nothing happened with Irene, maybe a few inches of water covered the Bay walkway.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 19:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
with that said, the ground floor of SH 1 and 2 must have been severely damaged. The HOA really should have moved all cars on the premise to a safe place and bus the residents back.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
canco....

SH I, SH II, and SH III(Droyers Point) are three separate developments within the one development area. They have 3 separate associations, budgets, etc. The maintenance fees are also different. You can access all three with car or foot from inside. There are no gates between them.

Each of the phases can?t use one another?s stuff. Clubhouses, pools, tot-lots, tennis, basketball, and fitness center. But people are friendly down there so you can just make friends with someone in another phase and bogart their stuff.

As far as flooding with Sandy there have been a few posts about it. First floor units were told to leave but many stayed and had deals with their friends in higher units (2nd and 3rd floors) to take them in if bad. To sum it up. Like Annod said DP was ok as was SHI and II, did also lose power for a week. (like a lot of JC) . The water came within 5 inches of the backdoors of all of the Newark Bay facing units. The first floor unit floors are 10 ? 11 feet above sea level. So just imagine how high the water got. The NJCU ball field was covered in 6 feet of water as was the Newark Bay walkway.

The problem was that the sewers in the streets in front of the units started to spit out water. It couldn?t drain into the Bay so it started to rise in the streets. It covered the tires of cars in the low lying area?s of the street. It came up fast and the cops wouldn?t let anyone drive out of the development during the storm. Really no place to go anyway. I think the two cops guarding the entrance on rt 440 had to be recused by rowboat. So people started putting their cars on the grassy area?s in front of the units that were raised a few inches. Those few inches saved a lot of cars. Many people who couldn?t move their cars lost them. A few even caught fire and blew up. As fast as the water came in it went out just as fast.

Don?t know about flood insurance but I think that it is covered for each development in the maintenance fees. You only own what is within your walls. So I assume you just pay condo insurance. But maybe now after Sandy the first floor units will have to get flood insurance coverage. But don?t know??

Oh Yeah Healy showed up 6 days after Sandy to check on the people of JC?s other waterfront SH.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 18:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i heard droyers point residents can't use tennis courts in SH 1 and 2. is it correct?

Posted on: 2013/6/3 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Come back to JC after the infrustructure / public transport / technology and amenity needs are met - Otherwise you'll be paying the highest taxes in this State if not the country in the next 20 years come.
We will not mention the state of our bridges and highways!

Posted on: 2013/6/3 8:56
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Residents residing in ground floor/ 1st floor buildings in Society Hill and Country Village were evacuated. Not sure about Society Hill, but my coworker in Droyer Point did not flood. They did lose power.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 2:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
were society hill and droyers point flooded in sandy and irene? roughly how much should i expect for flood insurance?

Posted on: 2013/6/3 2:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Square Ramp Parking behind The Loews
(too late to add it to my below post)

www.squareramp.com

Posted on: 2013/6/2 0:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Wow you are really doing your homework.

Here?s a link to a RE company that has the schedule and route for A&C. The bus stop is directly in the front of SH on rt 440 by the clock tower.The SH area is safe inside and outside. The bus goes along Westside Avenue up to JSq not a horrible ride.

http://www.society-hill.com/transportation.html

The people I know down there work in Central Jersey so they just hop on and off of the TP in Bayonne. If you really want to do more research on the shuttle/bus park over in Wonder Bagel in the morning and walk over to the bus stop and ask the residents who use it.

Better hurry up and decide the pools are now open! Good luck.

Just think you will be living among the new Ward A councilperson. Both Epps and Gajewski live in SH I? I heard right across the street from one another.Cunningham lives in SH II.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 23:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/2 1:32
Group:
Registered Users
Sweet. Thanks. I am gonna drive down to JSQ and inquire about rates soon.

Can anyone comment on the two different shuttle services available from SH/DP?

I know there is one exclusive shuttle that actually comes inside and takes people from inside the community to JSQ - i have their timings and rate.

Now, there is also another by the name of A&C Bus Corp that services this area. I am trying to figure out where the stop is and what the timings are. I googled and got times, but am still a little confused about the pickup/drop off sites. Does anyone know if it comes inside or where? safe? exclusive?

Posted on: 2013/6/1 23:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Parking is hell in the JSQ area, unless you pay for a garage or find housing nearby with a parking space for rent.

When I lived in that part of town I rented a parking a space about 5 blocks from the path for a 100 bucks a month. I would suggest taking the light-rail to Newport and then take the path. FYI the light-rail does not got to JSQ.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 11:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
Thanks for all the input guys.

Went and checked out SH/droyer point and really liked it.

Also ventured into PL and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was.

I am leaning towards the SH/DP area and, wait for it, wait for it, DITCHING THE CAR COMMUTE!!!

DP has a shuttle that takes one to JSQ for path and picks up as well. The timings are a little shoddy but I may be able to use it most days.

On another note, does anyone know anything about parking in JSQ? On days when I have to get to work early, I am thinking of just driving to JSQ, parking and then hopping on the Path. What say you? Good idea or should I drive to the rail on westside and then to JSQ...?

You guys have been a great help! Well most of you ;)

Edit - O and DTJC is out because 1. too expensive 2. no parking for one car let alone two!

Check the zone parking signs in the area of JSQ then move to an area with the same zone parking so you will have a sticker reflecting the same zone. Also there are more parking meters withing the JSQ area perhaps consider parking outside of the JSQ area with less businesses so you can park in a residential area that does not require metered parking.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 10:49

Edited by heights on 2013/5/31 11:07:40
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Here is a list:

http://www.thenewjournalsquare.com/js_parking_rates.asp

The rates may not be up to date.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 0:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Congrats on seeing the light and finding your comfort zone. Gated burbclave's aren't my cup of tea, but hey, as I said to a tenant who hated the color I painted the hallways, if everybody had the same taste there'd be only one color of paint in the store.

Quote:

Lenovo wrote:

I am leaning towards the SH/DP area and, wait for it, wait for it, DITCHING THE CAR COMMUTE!!!

DP has a shuttle that takes one to JSQ for path and picks up as well. The timings are a little shoddy but I may be able to use it most days.

On another note, does anyone know anything about parking in JSQ? On days when I have to get to work early, I am thinking of just driving to JSQ, parking and then hopping on the Path. What say you? Good idea or should I drive to the rail on westside and then to JSQ...?

Edit - O and DTJC is out because 1. too expensive 2. no parking for one car let alone two!

Posted on: 2013/5/30 23:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/30 23:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
If there's any possibility for you to consider downtown you can commute easily to manhattan via PATH train. The pulaski skyway is a nightmare even on a good day.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
If you are considering society hill keep in mind that with the upcoming Pulaski skyway closure in 2014, traffic will be utterly horrendous on 440 since that is the alternate route to Newark. It's mostly trucks too who drive like maniacs. Unless you are a race car driver I think one commute in those conditions will have you convinced to take public transit.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
ditch the car. the day i ditched mine was one of the happiest days of my life.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 14:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/9 18:52
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
During the last two weekends, drove around the various neighborhoods and got a decent idea of what each one is like. Had some questions and was hoping someone here would know:

- is there parking (free or paid?) at the West Side Avenue (HBLR station)? any guards physically present watching the cars or no?

-

West Side ? Lot on Claremont Ave & West Side Ave $2.30/DAY or $46/MONTH ? Open 24hr/7day ? No Staff Present - Vending Machines Only. Weekends are now free for all Park & Ride Lots in Hudson County

Posted on: 2013/5/6 12:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Reading his responses, I sensed that the OP had a chip on shoulder. Maybe he felt defensive when people suggested that what we are attempting to do is not smart.

i have nothing to say insofar as neighborhood search that hasn't been covered already. I just wanted to laugh long and heartily at the idea of commuting daily by car to Grammercy.

Whichever one of you poor souls is the person that thinks this is a great idea will soon come to regret this choice, and probably sooner than later. Have fun getting from whatever neighborhood you move to into the slogging crawl that is the turnpike extension or the traffic light and 10MPH (if you're lucky) traffic on most of the streets (Communipaw, Newark, etc.). Then have just as much fun getting into the tunnel, and when you are into the other side, have even more fun driving to the east 20s!

I wonder how many times it'll take you two+ hours to do something that is accomplished in about 45 minutes by public transportation and foot plus the cost of gas, plus the insane headache that is parking in Manhattan, plus the cost of driving through the tunnel before you give up and say "man, those people on jclist were right".

Seriously, I will point and laugh at you as you sit on Canal St. in bumper to bumper while I literally make better time straight up walking.

I'm predicting about 2 months, tops. Have fun with your apartment search and your lack of common sense!

Posted on: 2013/5/6 12:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
During the last two weekends, drove around the various neighborhoods and got a decent idea of what each one is like. Had some questions and was hoping someone here would know:

- is there parking (free or paid?) at the West Side Avenue (HBLR station)? any guards physically present watching the cars or no?

- where exactly in SH/droyers point does the shuttle start that takes you to JSQ path? I had a chance to visit the complex and it is huge.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 2:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
I think when people say SH is "isolated", they are making the comparison to DTJC (I say this as someone who just bought there). I can walk to the Newport Mall, multiple supermarkets, Target, a ton of restaurants and bars in JC and Hoboken...you can't do that *as much* in SH and you can't all to "hip" places. If you haven't noticed many DTJC people are not fans of "chains" or things considered commercial. Having grown up in the suburbs I think it's convenient myself but to each his own...

If OP or anyone is interested in cabs to/from Hoboken, they post the rates on their city website. The rates to HP were inconsistent so I suggest that people as far as SH have this website saved on their phones read to go. The rate for SH is $25 which isn't too bad if you're sharing and not doing it every week.

My friend's parents live in Droyer's Point, original owners after selling the burbs. They have a really pretty view but otherwise you might feel like you were in the burbs still. That doesn't suit everyone but I think it's fine if you need space for cars and kids. You can't get a 3 bedroom with a garage in decent shape for 500k in DTJC.

Posted on: 2013/4/22 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Good read neverleft. Very informative.
As far as renting, does it really matter if I rent in phase 1 vs 2 vs 3? Are there any contamination issues with the water from the chromium in any of the phases?

It doesn?t matter all of the phases are nice I just feel that phase 1 is more open. If you were buying you would need to look into taxes and maintenance fees they are higher in phase 3. Like I was saying about the contamination* phase 1 didn?t have anything, 2 had a little and it was cleaned up, 3 (Droyer?s Point) had the most but as I recall they dug down many many feet and put down a layer of clay for a cap and then back filled in with fresh dirt. People have been living down there for years.

* I now can?t recall if phase 3 had chromium or some other chemical. (maybe I will look around the JJ achieves) There was a magic marker factory back there at one time that burned down.

Also forgot some history back in phase 3 was the old JCFD fire training building and that is where a pretty decent restaurant was the Captain?s Table.

Posted on: 2013/4/20 16:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Good read neverleft. Very informative.

As far as renting, does it really matter if I rent in phase 1 vs 2 vs 3? Are there any contamination issues with the water from the chromium in any of the phases?

Posted on: 2013/4/20 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(I posted this years ago when I was doing battle with the DT ?interlopers? on this board. (jk I?m not Healy) I was defending SH and it?s area for being called isolated. Since your original post was asking about PL and SH I will throw this in. I have a lot of friends and family who live down there. I also hung out in the area in Country Village (another nice place) during HS and College. Did some heavy weekend drinking over the years on the Roosevelt Marina wall and at the concerts. Come on arguing here doesn?t matter anymore. I think JCList has really grown into a total JC information board although I think the majority is still DT?ers. Seems people now get along better. )

(I will admit when I reread my old stuff I do write some strange dopey and long winded posts?sorry but I am a product of JC public grammar schools what can I tell you. )

To the comment about SH and PL being isolated:

From what I remember PL is isolated. (someone who lives there can answer better) I have been to The Point a few times for dinner and saw only a few small stores inside PL?s walls. I would guess you would need a car to get to anything good. Funny I could shoot myself, years ago when the PL project went bankrupt they couldn?t give away the condo?s. I think they were selling the remaining condos for around 50K. (that?s 5-0 not 5-0-0)

SH is a totally different story it is not isolated in the least bit. Everything you need is right there. You can walk to any number of these fine establishments. (although some of the establishments may not suit a younger more modern hipper crowd.)

Stadium Plaza - Pathmark, Stadium Pizza (the best pizza in JC), K-Mart , Ruby Dollar Store, National Wholesale Warehouse, Pathmark Liquors, Pet Land, Nail Place, JC Diner(old Colonette), Wendy?s, The New Kellogg Garden Chinese, Shoe repair, Dry cleaners. (a lot of SH?ers skip Pathmark and food shop in the Bayonne South Cove Mall?s Stop & and Shop a few miles away)

Danforth Plaza - Vinnie?s III Pizza, Wonder Bagel, Chinese Fun Buffet(gotta love the name), Rite Aid, Laundry/Cleaners, Subway, PNC Bank, Nail Place, Mini Mart (for newspaper, coffee, lotto), Jolliebee.

Across the highway you have Home Depot and Raymore and Flannigan.

If you are fit enough (they just put in a new side walk along rt 440 from SH to Lowes)you can walk over to the Hudson Mall, Toys R Us, Movie Theater, Pizza Hut, Pep Boy?s, Banks, Applebee?s, Lowes, Advance Auto, 440 Farms, Ashiya Japanese, Party City, BK, Big Lot?s, Retro Fitness(soon), Asian Market(coming) and lets NOT forget POPEYES!!!!.

Bayonne City Line - Mickey D?s, Dunkin Donuts, Walgreens, Banks, Car Rental, DMV, Domino?s, Meat City (don?t ask).

Bayonne ? (on rt 440 ) Bayonne South Cove Commons, (Shop & Shop, Frank?s Movies, Houlihan's, Staples, TJ Max, Booze, Subway, Phones) Bayonne Crossing Shopping Center (Lowes, Wal-mart, Pet Store,5 Guys, Wonder Bagel, Michaels, Longhorns, NYSC?) , Winners off-track betting. (PS ? Alexan City View Apartments is almost next to this shopping area across from the light rail. If you didn?t know it that old MOT land was to be a city within a city but the bad economy killed those plans.)

SH isolated I think NOT!! And if you think living in SH doesn?t give you that ?urban living experience??just go over to Pathmark on the first of the month. You will get enough ?urban living experience? to last you a life time.

More on SH?.

- 3 phases around 1500 units.

- Phase 1 seems like it is the nicest. Feels more open with landscaped area?s in front of the buildings. Has cement block construction between units. There was a fire in one of the buildings back in Jan 2010. The fire was contained to just the one section of the building. Three units were damaged. The fire was on the second floor. The first floor unit suffered water damage. The 3rd floor unit smoke and some fire damage. The ?match stick? construction held up.

- Phase 2 most of the units have garages, streets are very narrow, feels closed in. As I recall there is thick sheet rock between units.

- Phase 3 (Droyer?s Point) they are the expensive condo?s, really nice but not for $500+K.(during the market good times) I don?t need a $30K elevator I?ll take the stairs!! (Prince the Pimp lived in Phase 3, hmmm gotta look into the pimp?in life must pay well) This phase is the one that is having on going problems with fire sprinklers. (I think it was finally fixed)

Chromium - Phase 1 didn?t have any contamination , it was built directly on Roosevelt Stadium. Phase 2 had some but it was cleaned up and taken away. Phase 3 had the most contamination it was capped with a clay barrier. The big chromium dump is across the highway from Home Depot, at the old Roosevelt Drive Inn and Bowling Ally. That is where the old factories that produced it were located. They have been carting away the soil for years and are now finished. Also they just finished the soil cleanup process on the property next to Home Depot. Both areas will be included in the new Bay Front and West Side projects. (see below url)

Don?t forget the people in SH know what their units were built on it was all documented in the purchase agreement. People in other parts of JC don?t have a clue. The yellow chromium waste from the factories on Rt 440 was given away free to contractors who used it as fill on construction projects. It is ALL over the city. Funny they also gave it to residents claiming it would make their vegetable gardens bug free..no DUH! I can just hear Billy Mays pitching the yellow powder now..Great for your gardens not only does it kill pests it will make your vegetables grow 5 times in size!! Amazing!! But wait! There?s more! (we miss you Billy)

To clear up the urban legend of people glowing in SH ..they don?t. The popular show Myth Busters did a piece on it once. They asked 100 SH residents if they would like to take part in an experiment. They took the 100 residents and herded them into a large empty factory. They turned off the lights and not one of the residents glowed. Adam and Jamie were quick to declare the myth about SH people glowing..FALSE!! (although Jamie did make them turn the lights on and off 3 times to be sure, he claimed Buster?s nose glowed) Would it really be all that bad if you glowed? Just think of all the money you would save on your PSE&G bills. Night light? I don?t need no stinking night light!)

Smell from across the bay ? There was a tallow rendering plant across the bay years ago. Look it up if you don?t know what it is? quite foul. (here?s a hint did you ever see those garbage trucks with pieces of meat and fat hanging off the back? Get stuck in traffic behind one of those beauties on a hot day..PU) On hot summer nights the smell was smelly to say the least. (?oh oh that smell?) The SH Assoc. gave all the residents the number of the EPA. Every time the residents ?smelled that smell? they called the number to log it. The place kept getting fined to the point where they I think went out of business or installed some kind of anti stink equipment. So sorry Pepe Le Pew.

Population -Nice mix of people, friendly, young and old , retired workers. Wall streeter?s, and those just starting out. Cops, firemen, teachers, politicians, business owners, and city/county workers. A lot of old-time JCer?s who didn?t want to hit the burbs in the late 80?s , they wanted to stay in JC but wanted a safe refuge. That is why SH was built to try and KEEP people from leaving JC. (real sad the city didn?t save Roosevelt Stadium. There was a lot of sports and music history there) Now people are thankfully coming back to JC and starting to move into all parts of JC.

Transportation - society hill bus stop right outside the gates. 5 minutes to Westside light rail station, 20 minutes to Journal Square. Five minutes to Bayonne New Jersey Turnpike entrance by car. I think there are also private shuttles out of Phase 3. If you like you can also get rides off of the SH old timers who have nothing else to do besides their weekly AC trip. They would gladly give you a ride for free if you would just listen to one of their many ?stories?? hmm maybe the bus is a better idea. According to some of my younger friends in SH they take taxi?s to (hopefully not from if you know what I mean) Hoboken to P-A-R-T-Y on weekends. You can also make your way to DTJC to P-A-R-T-Y by taking the ?backroads? rt169 to Caven Point to Grand, etc.. (would someone please invent a time machine already!)

Phase 1 parking you get one assigned/numbered spot. But you can use any of the many visitor/unnumbered sports for additional cars. There are no driveways or garages. Phase 2 has numbered unnumbered spots plus condo?s with driveways and garages. Phase 3 is just driveways and garages. For more jogging a short drive to Bayonne Park Nature area off of rt 440 which has parking and paths leading into the main park. Hall rental?s SH Club houses, also the Moose Hall on West side Avenue. Each phase has a pool, tennis and tot lot.

Noise What noise..if your neighbor is noisy you just rat on them to the SH Association and they get ?fixed? immediately. No year long Christmas displays or garden gnomes down in SH either!! Put a garden gnome out and the SH Assoc. will be all over your a** in a NY minute! Travelocity gnome don?t even think about it!

Security: If you are hiding from bill collectors or ex- spouses no need to worry. To get into the complex they would need to stop at the guard booth and have the guard call you to let them in. There is also a nightly guard patrol car that drives around. (just in case)

Schools/Sports Our Lady of Mercy grammar school across rt 440 in Country Village.(just announced it is closing), Marist High School on the JC/Bayonne boarder. Country Village District 7 little league baseball. CYO flag football and basketball.

Garbage pickup there is none you bring your trash to the recycling center. There are shoots for paper, glass, and trash. You don?t have to deal with looking at people?s gross curd side trash while walking down the streets. No dirty diapers plastered to the street. No cat ripped open plastic bags displaying rice, coffee grinds, banana?s, tallow (did you look it up?) and God only knows what else. And no dam 2:00 am garbage truck noise!! Also no need to track down your trash can in the morning. I hear some people in JC actually have LoJack attached to their cans.

PS ? I will give you a hot tip. If you have some extra cash buy something by SH as an investment. (if you don?t want to live there then just rent it out) Check out the Master Plan for the area the project is called Bay front. It goes from SH down to the Hudson Mall. Hopefully some day it will get built. (maybe in 50 years)

http://www.bayfrontjerseycity.com/

Nice link showing life inside the gated, guarded, and moat'ed SH development?

http://www.society-hill.com/communityphotos.html

(units rent and sell fast in SH so hurry, someone must like it right?)

I may just do one for Journal Square, Westside, and other area?s of JC that I am familiar with. I always stayed away from the Heights though. (and don?t ask why)

Posted on: 2013/4/19 23:11

Edited by neverleft on 2013/4/19 23:27:05

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017