Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Input about moving to JC
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/6 21:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
Quote:

jo3_13 wrote:
Quote:

I looked into Heights, but don't see much that fits our needs for rent. DJTC parking is hard on the street - there is no denying this.

I don't think Jersey City is the place for you. Try Westfield or Cranford, NJ. They are nice/safe towns. You can rent a place relatively inexpensively and they both have a walkable "downtown" area. It's roughly halfway between NYC and New Brunswick and is on the NJ Transit Raritan Valley line.

I am not sure where you are moving from... but based on your unique criteria it doesn't sound like you will be happy with Jersey City. Granted its not for everyone... but I LOVE it!!!

Thanks for your brilliant advice. I wasn't sure that I had to get your approval before moving anywhere.

Quite frankly, you asked people for input, yet you continue to provide nasty remarks based on the input received. I don't care where you move, nor does anyone else... people took time to respond to your message out of kindness and you respond with jerky comments???

Get lost!

Posted on: 2013/4/19 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Take a look at the relative number of bullseyes ...

http://spotcrime.com/#40.709052%2C%20-74.07864

I know most of that is gang violence, and not likely to impact someone outside of the gang culture, but still ... it's a lot of gunfire

Exactly my point, I live in GV and none of these places are near my home... Most of these places are in gang territories in the center of GV and BL which is quite some distance from where I am.

If I type in my old address on Wayne street dtjc the same areas seem to pop up Bright street, Wayne street, and Cole street which still have some traces of the old dtjc with lots of gang and drug activity.

Posted on: 2013/4/19 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
We're all out of neighborhoods and none fit your criteria.

Resized Image

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Montclair-New-Jersey.html

Posted on: 2013/4/19 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Take a look at the relative number of bullseyes ...

http://spotcrime.com/#40.709052%2C%20-74.07864

I know most of that is gang violence, and not likely to impact someone outside of the gang culture, but still ... it's a lot of gunfire

Posted on: 2013/4/19 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

getz011 wrote:
http://spotcrime.com/#40.740907%2C%20-73.98150 - though I'm sure you felt safe in Gramercy.

Thanks for posting this, most people don't realize you are more likely to get robbed, mugged or assaulted in NYC than BL, DTJC, GV, or the Heights.

Jersey City crimes are mostly drug/gang related, and not as random as NYC. According to spotcrime, dtjc residents are more likely to have car vandalism than BL, The Heights and GV, and we have some expensive cars up here, but car vandalism barley ever happens up here.... maybe its all those garages. :)

Posted on: 2013/4/19 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
It is indeed amazing to see how quickly the OP turned off other members. Hasn't this been his first posting? Even on JCList, this may be a record.

Posted on: 2013/4/19 13:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
We're all out of neighborhoods and none fit your criteria.

Posted on: 2013/4/19 13:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Susan_N wrote:
Hi Lenovo,

You wondered why jcmiles brought up Lafayette, but in your original thread you asked: "Are there any other neighborhoods we should be considering?" I live in Lafayette, and actually thought about responding to your original post, but I was lazy and did not. When jcmiles wrote the first post about Lafayette, I agreed, but was still lazy. But given your questioning as to why anyone would mention a neighborhood other than PL or SL, I thought I would point out that you seemed to have asked for this kind of information.

So, I will now answer your question about whether there are other neighborhoods to consider, knowing full well from your earlier responses that you are not likely to be interested in Lafayette. But maybe someone else will. It's too bad because I actually think that this neighborhood fits all of your criteria.

My husband and I have lived here for almost five years after years in Manhattan and a stint in downtown JC. We have two cars. He commutes to Manhattan (by bus and PATH) and I commute to Jersey suburbia (by car; super easy access to 78/Turnpike extension). There's tons of street parking and we were able to buy a three-story row house (three bedrooms, three full baths) with mortgage and taxes together that are well below your limit. I frequently walk or jog by myself and have never once felt unsafe or had a problem. I find this to be a tight-knit community. I know all of my neighbors, and everyone keeps an eye out for everyone else. I've become friends with a number of neighbors, more than I did in Manhattan or downtown JC. The connections among neighbors may be why we have had fairly minimal crime in my immediate part of the neighborhood. Nobody I know has been directly affected by crime in the years I've lived here.

In any case, I suspect you will now attack me as well, so please let me apologize in advance for bothering you. I hope, though, that this information will be useful to others who are reading this thread. I know that Lafayette is not for everyone, but many of us truly love it. In case you think that I'm all about Lafayette because I bought here, I want to mention that my husband and I rented for a year before buying; when we bought, we already knew we loved the neighborhood.

Best of luck in your search,
Susan

I appreciate a response, like this. This will benefit someone--maybe not the OP directly, but some other people. When we answer someone's question, I think we should keep in mind that we are not just answering to one person but to the entire community...or why we post response at all for everyone to see, right?

Posted on: 2013/4/19 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Also: When user1111 offers feedback on Bergen Lafayette near LSP/Communipaw, your response is:

Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
Solid advice. Thanks.

When jcmiles does the same - about the same neighborhood (where he lives, no less) - your response is:

Quote:

Yet, you felt the need to throw in a plug for BL because.......Can't really figure out why as it serves no purpose to my original inquiry.

I've enjoyed reading both of these members' posts here over the years; they both think before they write, and have added a lot.

Hint, hint. Bro.

Posted on: 2013/4/19 5:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
http://spotcrime.com/#40.740907%2C%20-73.98150 - though I'm sure you felt safe in Gramercy.

PS: It'd be great if you'd try to be a little nicer. We are, in theory, your new neighbors.

Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
Quote:

jcmiles wrote:
Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
"Urban Pioneer mindset" - haha you should coin the term and maybe it will make everyone on here feel like real champs.

Lenovo = pompous ignoramus

Ahh name calling! That's about all we were missing in this thread. Glad to see that JC hasn't lost its edge or its great citizens since I last lived there.

Btw, do you know the definition of ignoramus? I asked specifically about a "safe" neighborhood and/or a comparison between PL and SH. Yet, you felt the need to throw in a plug for BL because.......Can't really figure out why as it serves no purpose to my original inquiry. Perhaps you live there, or perhaps you are delusional or ignorant or a combination in believing that it is safe, but, suffice to say, you are the "ignoramus" for bringing it up.

http://spotcrime.com/#40.711252%2C%20-74.07376

Posted on: 2013/4/19 4:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/10 2:34
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Lenovo,

You wondered why jcmiles brought up Lafayette, but in your original thread you asked: "Are there any other neighborhoods we should be considering?" I live in Lafayette, and actually thought about responding to your original post, but I was lazy and did not. When jcmiles wrote the first post about Lafayette, I agreed, but was still lazy. But given your questioning as to why anyone would mention a neighborhood other than PL or SL, I thought I would point out that you seemed to have asked for this kind of information.

So, I will now answer your question about whether there are other neighborhoods to consider, knowing full well from your earlier responses that you are not likely to be interested in Lafayette. But maybe someone else will. It's too bad because I actually think that this neighborhood fits all of your criteria.

My husband and I have lived here for almost five years after years in Manhattan and a stint in downtown JC. We have two cars. He commutes to Manhattan (by bus and PATH) and I commute to Jersey suburbia (by car; super easy access to 78/Turnpike extension). There's tons of street parking and we were able to buy a three-story row house (three bedrooms, three full baths) with mortgage and taxes together that are well below your limit. I frequently walk or jog by myself and have never once felt unsafe or had a problem. I find this to be a tight-knit community. I know all of my neighbors, and everyone keeps an eye out for everyone else. I've become friends with a number of neighbors, more than I did in Manhattan or downtown JC. The connections among neighbors may be why we have had fairly minimal crime in my immediate part of the neighborhood. Nobody I know has been directly affected by crime in the years I've lived here.

In any case, I suspect you will now attack me as well, so please let me apologize in advance for bothering you. I hope, though, that this information will be useful to others who are reading this thread. I know that Lafayette is not for everyone, but many of us truly love it. In case you think that I'm all about Lafayette because I bought here, I want to mention that my husband and I rented for a year before buying; when we bought, we already knew we loved the neighborhood.

Best of luck in your search,
Susan

Posted on: 2013/4/19 4:01

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/2 1:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcmiles wrote:
Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
"Urban Pioneer mindset" - haha you should coin the term and maybe it will make everyone on here feel like real champs.

Ahh name calling! That's about all we were missing in this thread. Glad to see that JC hasn't lost its edge or its great citizens since I last lived there.

Btw, do you know the definition of ignoramus? I asked specifically about a "safe" neighborhood and/or a comparison between PL and SH. Yet, you felt the need to throw in a plug for BL because.......Can't really figure out why as it serves no purpose to my original inquiry. Perhaps you live there, or perhaps you are delusional or ignorant or a combination in believing that it is safe, but, suffice to say, you are the "ignoramus" for bringing it up.

http://spotcrime.com/#40.711252%2C%20-74.07376

Posted on: 2013/4/19 3:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/8 1:12
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lenovo wrote:

Posted on: 2013/4/19 2:12

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FKSJC wrote:
Lenovo- reading through posts it seems IMO that you are rather judgemental! Very entertaining :)

Know this is going to start a huge "thing", but BL is many things but safe is not one of them. Yes by definitiion all generalizations are false, and IMO you have to be of the urban pioneer mindset to thrive there. It sounds like you and your cars (note plural) are not that (urban pioneers that is). Not a bad thing- just a statement of perceived fact. BL is great, but at least IMO not there "yet".

Both PL and SH- beautiful yes. Isolated- yes too!

re: the judgmental comment: Well, when in Rome...

"Urban Pioneer mindset" - haha you should coin the term and maybe it will make everyone on here feel like real champs. By the way, what are the criteria for being an "urban pioneer"? I suppose everyone with more than one vehicle is out...

Posted on: 2013/4/19 1:18

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jo3_13 wrote:
Quote:

I looked into Heights, but don't see much that fits our needs for rent. DJTC parking is hard on the street - there is no denying this.

I don't think Jersey City is the place for you. Try Westfield or Cranford, NJ. They are nice/safe towns. You can rent a place relatively inexpensively and they both have a walkable "downtown" area. It's roughly halfway between NYC and New Brunswick and is on the NJ Transit Raritan Valley line.

I am not sure where you are moving from... but based on your unique criteria it doesn't sound like you will be happy with Jersey City. Granted its not for everyone... but I LOVE it!!!

Thanks for your brilliant advice. I wasn't sure that I had to get your approval before moving anywhere.

Posted on: 2013/4/19 1:14

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/5 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Lenovo- reading through posts it seems IMO that you are rather judgemental! Very entertaining :)

Know this is going to start a huge "thing", but BL is many things but safe is not one of them. Yes by definitiion all generalizations are false, and IMO you have to be of the urban pioneer mindset to thrive there. It sounds like you and your cars (note plural) are not that (urban pioneers that is). Not a bad thing- just a statement of perceived fact. BL is great, but at least IMO not there "yet".

Both PL and SH- beautiful yes. Isolated- yes too!

Posted on: 2013/4/18 23:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/4 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
Certain areas of the Heights and Journal Square are both pretty safe and affordable with parking accessibility. Welcome to JC and good luck with your find!

Posted on: 2013/4/18 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
If you look at Bayonne and even in Greenville you can find places with driveways.

Agreed, and many of those places are minutes from the rail.

Quote:
Jersey City wise the area around the border of Bayonne and JC isn't so bad. And lots of folks keep saying good things about the Heights.

+1 I also like the area near the Liberty State Park rail off Communipaw but just be careful to choose something high around there, the area is known for flooding.

I live 5 min away from PL and yes it is secluded but I am guessing folks who live there they want that secluded vibe. I prefer neighborhoods than a gated community after living in DM for many years.

So if I had to choose between SH or PL I would choose PL which has a few more amenities than SH. PL has a cafe, gym, & its own ferry service.

SH which is also a gated community, sits in the middle of RT 440 which is noisy and sometimes smelly from all the traffic. There is also no way to get out of SH without a car.

The plus side to living in SH you are across the road from wonder bagels and Vinny's Piza which are quite good. PL and SH are two popular condo complexes within Greenville but neither of them add anything to the surrounding areas they are located. Good Luck!

Thanks for the input. PL is a bit more expensive though and you only get one parking spot.

Which exact area are you talking about off Communipaw?

The neighborhood is called Bergen Lafayette the light rail stop is Liberty State Park, to rent a home would cost you about 2k a month and most have garages or parking spots and everything else on your wishlist. IMO I think its safe enough.

Also I think if you hit all the lightrail stops after Jersey ave going towards 8th street or Westside you will find homes for rent with garages.
The best advise I can give you is for you and your partner to explore each stop and get a feel for the area. If you don't like it you keep searching, but do not take most of these people seriously here, so many of them have never been outside of their neighborhoods.

Believe it or not most of Jersey City is getting better and if you are not a drug dealer or drug buyer your chances of getting involve in a crime are slim to none. .

Solid advice. Thanks.

We were considering gated places bc of safety - I grew up in JC in the mid 90s and I know first hand what JC is all about. I agree the city is turning around for the better but there are still some very sketchy hoods around.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? You posted that you live walking distance to PL. How is that area around where you live?

My area is for peeps who like quite and a place for their cars LOL, it use to be a happening area with lots of ghetto fabulous drug bars and night clubs for dirty JCPD. They all closed down in the early 2000's when downtown started getting more nightlife and the residents demanded the city shut them down, so its dead up here after 9 PM.

I live in GV "The Hill" whatever you want to call it, alot of the White newbies call it Bayside Park (because the park anchors the neighborhood),or Upper New York Bay but its still GV.

The old bars are now being replaced with a coffee shop which is under renovation and a art gallery just opened last weekend, yep on Ocean ave LOL. I am a few blocks from chapel ave which takes me directly to PL. I am between Danforth and Richard st lightrails.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
I think I'm most confused by the notion of driving to the Gramercy Park area daily (in terms of time, money, and stress), as opposed to what neighborhood to recommend. I encourage you to seriously evaluate whether you want/need to do that, as it has implications for where you choose to live.

I can?t think of a reason why anyone would do this unless they had to. So, I can only assume that you are required to have your car for work?and that your work will be picking up most of the expense? Otherwise, consider living within walking distance of the PATH and you could boost your rent budget by several hundred dollars (possibly $600/month when you account for tolls, parking, and gas), not to mention save time, and reduce stress. Go down to one car, and you would save the car insurance/payments/etc?and have even more money for that second bathroom.

Not sure if you currently live a reasonable distance to here, but you may want to consider doing a test run before committing to a neighborhood to evaluate driving in to Gramercy in the morning. But don?t forget to include a return test run during rush hour?as waiting to get into the Holland Tunnel from the NYC side is its own form of torture. You might quickly find that you would not want to do this on a daily basis and therefore decide that it makes more sense to center your search around access to transportation. That?s a bad realization to have belatedly.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 19:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/6 21:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/4/18 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
I never said PL was downtown.

But it's a lot more similar to DTJC than Greenville, demographically, pricewise, safetywise, and commute during the day.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 17:52

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
If you look at Bayonne and even in Greenville you can find places with driveways.

Quote:
Jersey City wise the area around the border of Bayonne and JC isn't so bad. And lots of folks keep saying good things about the Heights.

+1 I also like the area near the Liberty State Park rail off Communipaw but just be careful to choose something high around there, the area is known for flooding.

I live 5 min away from PL and yes it is secluded but I am guessing folks who live there they want that secluded vibe. I prefer neighborhoods than a gated community after living in DM for many years.

So if I had to choose between SH or PL I would choose PL which has a few more amenities than SH. PL has a cafe, gym, & its own ferry service.

SH which is also a gated community, sits in the middle of RT 440 which is noisy and sometimes smelly from all the traffic. There is also no way to get out of SH without a car.

The plus side to living in SH you are across the road from wonder bagels and Vinny's Piza which are quite good. PL and SH are two popular condo complexes within Greenville but neither of them add anything to the surrounding areas they are located. Good Luck!

Thanks for the input. PL is a bit more expensive though and you only get one parking spot.

The neighborhood is called Bergen Lafayette the light rail stop is Liberty State Park, to rent a home would cost you about 2k a month and most have garages or parking spots and everything else on your wishlist. IMO I think its safe enough.

Also I think if you hit all the lightrail stops after Jersey ave going towards 8th street or Westside you will find homes for rent with garages.
The best advise I can give you is for you and your partner to explore each stop and get a feel for the area. If you don't like it you keep searching, but do not take most of these people seriously here, so many of them have never been outside of their neighborhoods.

Believe it or not most of Jersey City is getting better and if you are not a drug dealer or drug buyer your chances of getting involve in a crime are slim to none. .

Solid advice. Thanks.

We were considering gated places bc of safety - I grew up in JC in the mid 90s and I know first hand what JC is all about. I agree the city is turning around for the better but there are still some very sketchy hoods around.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? You posted that you live walking distance to PL. How is that area around where you live?

Posted on: 2013/4/18 16:56

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Two people without kids living in Jersey City with two cars is a bit too much. Why even live in JC? The advantage of JC is walkability and public transportation. Why not live in the suburbs if you both prefer to zip around in cars? Especially if you are looking at gated communities like Society Hill. What is the advantage of living in an urban area?

Also, why drive to Gramercy Park in Manhattan? If you live near a Path station, the 14th Street and 23rd Street stations offer really good accesibility to that neighborhood.

Also, if you live near a Path station, the commute by rail to New Brunswick is about 45 minutes, which is the same as the commute by car, or even faster if you account for bad traffic every now and then (which you will encounter). This is, of course, assuming you work in downtown New Brunswick near the train station.

I love posts like this where people question a stranger's intentions and intelligence w/o contributing zilch.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 16:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcmiles wrote:
With two cars I would look at opportunities to rent or buy in Bergen/Lafayette. You can find quite a few properties with their own driveways, or at least easy, free street parking right in front of your dwelling.

Maybe in another 10 years haha

On a serious note, that area still has ways to go, esp. with ocean ave a stone's throw away.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:

Quote:

Posted on: 2013/4/18 16:44

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
Parking isn't necessarily a problem if you have one car. Also, in DTJC. There are parking garages in that area too. (Do a search on this site, you'll find threads about it). I recommend doing a search on this site anyways to get more opinions on areas. People have already been more specific about Greenville, Journal Square etc. PL is like a retirement community. It has no city flavor. We always tease it's for retirees with boats and people from the 'burbs too scared to come any further. You'd be isolated there, unless that's what you want.

There are possibilities in DTJC. I've had friends find amazing things for less than you imagine. Outdoor space and all. This is the time right now. If I had to move to Jersey City with what I know now about all the areas my first choice would be DTJC near Grove Street PATH. My friends who couldn't afford it there chose Journal Square, then the Heights.

Right. But we have TWO cars.

Why is PL like a retirement community? Have you actually been there? The place is beautiful once you are inside.

Again, it appears there is a negative connotation associated with gated communities - not sure why. And what's this jazz about city flavor? If I wanted true cit flavor, I would live in Manhattan. Walking in DJTC at 3am doesn't have the same feel as walking in LES if you know what I mean.

And within our price range there are no possibilities in DJTC

Posted on: 2013/4/18 16:44

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AngelSauce wrote:
Have you considered Journal Square?

Parking is a pain in JSQ.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 16:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Lenovo wrote:
We are a young couple looking for a safe neighborhood to live in JC. One of us will be commuting into NYC driving daily to east side around Gramercy, while the other will drive south towards New Brunswick.

You guys must have a reason that one of you want to commute to NYC by car, but for the life of me, I can't guess what it might be!

A smart thing to do would be to get rid of one car because driving to New Brunswick does make sense.

As a matter of fact, my wife and I have only one car. I drive to Somerset and she takes PATH and MTA.

Quote:

Currently, we are looking at places in Society Hill and Port Liberte. Budget is no more than 2500, but would really prefer something closer to 2K, for a 2bed 2bath with parking spots. No kids and one small dog.

$2000 sounds like enough budget for a nice 1 bed room apartment. Again, you must have a good reason for looking for 2 bed 2 bath, but I can't figure out what that might be.

And if you have only one car, and if you use it to commute, having a parking spot is NOT necessary in JCDT. I live in Van Vorst Park neighborhood, and when I come home around 6PM, there are plenty of spots available (the longest I ever spent looking for a spot is 3 minutes). The only minor inconvenience is when you take a day off for whatever the reason. Then you need to know where you park because of street cleaning. But you can either move your car, or better, plan ahead when you come home. When I know I'm not going to work the next day, I park where I won't have to move it next day.

Quote:

We looked at a couple of places in PL and they are all 2.5K or more with only one parking spot. Overall, the place seems safe, but secluded. We have not had a chance to venture into Society Hill yet, but have read mixed reviews about the place. It seems the commute to Holland Tunnel will be quicker with PL, but not sure about paying the premium to live there as opposed to SH.

If you are a young couple with no kids, I just don't see why you want to live in a gated community. Again, you must have your reasons...

Quote:

Can you guys provide some insight about either place or which one would be better overall choice? DTJC is out because it is too expensive and parking will be almost impossible to find there. Also, can anyone recommend a good Realtor to use? Are there any other neighborhoods we should be considering? Any other comments/insights and jokes are also welcome

Have you heard of "down-sizing?" If you change your ideas about certain things, like why do we need a 2 bedroom apartment? or why do we need 2 cars? You can enjoy your life in a different but better way.

Well, it's just my opinion.

Thanks for your input I guess.... Not sure if you contributed in the slightest way though.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 16:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
I'm going to guess someone who wanted a 'safe' neighborhood isn't going to like Greenville too much (outside of the gated communities).

Bayonne is a good choice as is the Heights. You probably can't afford DTJC with your wish list, but you could get lucky.

The one suggestion is you could give up one car and that gives might give you a wider range of places. It's relatively simply to find a place with one spot, but pretty hard to find a space with two.

I am not sure how people recommend Greenville aka The Hill as a good neighborhood to live in.

Giving up a car is not gonna happen as we own both.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 16:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:

Quote:

Posted on: 2013/4/18 16:30

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017