Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC man robbed at machine-gunpoint
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Good to see that the current gun controls are working well !

And the gun buyback program championed by the Mayor of Jersey City, and Nanny Bloomberg is so effective! /s

Gun Buybacks Mostly a Waste of Time and Money, Experts Say

link

Posted on: 2013/3/26 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Good to see that the current gun controls are working well !

Posted on: 2013/3/26 0:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/19 14:48
From Marion
Group:
Registered Users
JJ cant even get street names 100% correct

Posted on: 2013/3/26 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
The probability that the gun in question was an AR-15 is highly unlikely. They're not small by any means, and they're very conspicuous even with a short barrel and an adjustable stock. Basically, it's impossible to conceal them. AR-15s are also VERY expensive (price tag is around $1200 for a cheap one legally bought, illegal street price more like $3000-$4000). Another option is an AK47, but again, highly unlikely due to the size, but more probable than an AR based on price alone. FWIW, I would guess the gun in question would more likely be an Ingram Mac-10 or Mac-11. They're compact enough to conceal under a coat, are relatively inexpensive, and they can also be modified to be fully automatic.

I agree an assault rifle is an unlikely mugging weapon, but when a report says "machine gun", it's one of the possibilities. I don't think "man on the street" would call a mac-11 a "machine gun", as the magazine is in the grip (below left), not forward of the trigger as on the right.

Resized Image

When googling for image I came upon a forum ad for a TEC-9 with both 36 and 50 round mags for $475. How scary is that?

Posted on: 2013/3/25 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
The probability that the gun in question was an AR-15 is highly unlikely. They're not small by any means, and they're very conspicuous even with a short barrel and an adjustable stock. Basically, it's impossible to conceal them. AR-15s are also VERY expensive (price tag is around $1200 for a cheap one legally bought, illegal street price more like $3000-$4000). Another option is an AK47, but again, highly unlikely due to the size, but more probable than an AR based on price alone. FWIW, I would guess the gun in question would more likely be an Ingram Mac-10 or Mac-11. They're compact enough to conceal under a coat, are relatively inexpensive, and they can also be modified to be fully automatic.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
When an AR-15 is pointed at you by a man in black wearing a ski mask, I don't think "Is that weapon fully automatic or just semi-automatic?" is what's on your mind.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 3:24
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Hard to tell if this is the usual crappy JJ reportage, or a witless witness. Probably neither would know a "machine gun" if it fell on them out of the sky. A real "machine gun" is not a carry around weapon, I doubt it was even a submachine gun like a Thomson or Uzi, possibly even a TEC9 might get called that. What they probably saw was some weapon with a magazine in front of the trigger, and very unlikely it was full auto. Maybe a short barrel and stock AR15 assault rifle. There's probably more AR's than bowling balls in the USA.

Of course, it's most likely it was a toy with the red cap taped over. Gangstas might, but what street mugger carries an assault weapon?

Posted on: 2013/3/25 2:05

JC man robbed at machine-gunpoint
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(crime is NOT down in JC)

Jersey City man robbed at machine-gunpoint: cops
By Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal

on March 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM

A Jersey City man told police that he was robbed by a masked gunman holding a machine gun Friday night, police reports said.

A 24-year-old Bramhall Avenue resident walked into the West District police precinct at 11:50 p.m. Friday and said he had just been robbed by a man holding a machine gun who was dressed in black and wearing a face mask, police said.

He said he was standing with friends on Clinton Street near Madison Avenue at 11:30 p.m., when the gunman approached them and ordered the group to lie on the ground, reports said.

The victim told police that as he was lying on the ground, the gunman took a cell phone and $50 cash from his front left pocket, reports said. The robber then told the group on the ground that they had three seconds to run from the scene.

Police searched the area but were unable to find the suspect.

Full JJ piece..

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _man_te.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/3/25 1:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017