Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Jersey City man robbed of cell phone in Hamilton Park.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/31 18:01
From In your dreams
Group:
Registered Users
Driverjase:
I never said I ran at 3am. What idiot does that? If I did, I sure as hell wouldnt do it alone. This park is beautiful. I'm there running every weekend, even in the rain. That's why I'm saying that I never have a problem. No one has ever bothered me.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Whats the big deal ?
Robberies in parks has been happening since parks were created. 25 years ago, there was no such thing as a cell phone!

Posted on: 2013/3/24 11:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Swtgrl81 wrote:
I went running and my son rode his bike through the park this morning. Not a problem.

What are you talking about?
You mean there wasn't a problem running around the park with the other 5 people running around the park? And the other 30 kids playing in the park?
Look, just like any urban area, you should be smart and probably not run by yourself at 3am, but all in all this park is very nice and safe. Stop acting like you somehow survived jogging through the really nice park in the morning while the rest of your lovely neighbors are out too.
You'll be fine.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 10:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

chrisjc wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

tern wrote:
Vigilante has been *owned*!

Robin.

Yes, after all these years somebody finally got me but like I said "wait till summer".

You must live in a very glamourous neighborhood to think Hamilton Park is a loud, busy neighborhood overrun with crime.

I've lived here longer than most. 25 years. The park is a lot better than in the past but you better believe there will be crime no matter how nice it gets. The area is surrounded by low income housing and there will always be crime especially now that it is considered a wealthy area. You would be amazed at the stuff you see going on while most people are sleep-walking throught their day. Maybe I am more perceptive than you people and thus the reason I have helped the cops put 9 people in jail. Just the other day I saw a guy eyeing an unattended baby carriage with a bag of "who knows what" hanging off the back. I watched him for a minute till the mommies returned and he walked away. And mark my words, the hooting and hollering at 2am will be happening this summer on that BB court. If you folks enjoy that and it adds to your "city living" experience then my off-leash dog shouldn't bother you a bit.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 0:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
I'd say the loudest thing...the thing that actually drowns out the radio or TV for a few seconds...is the bus that runs at night. It's insane that they loop that huge bus around the park even when it's empty, but I suppose it was full until they got to Hoboken.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 22:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From In your dreams
Group:
Registered Users
I went running and my son rode his bike through the park this morning. Not a problem. Except for the guy who said "I like the way you run. You look great." There's always one of them. Lol

Posted on: 2013/3/23 20:10

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/17 17:38
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

tern wrote:

Robin.

Yes, after all these years somebody finally got me but like I said "wait till summer".

You must live in a very glamourous neighborhood to think Hamilton Park is a loud, busy neighborhood overrun with crime.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 19:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Obviously some of the people posting on this string aren't familiar with the neighborhood. It's safe and it's quiet. I've been hear 8 yrs now and never had an issue. Of course there will be the occasional petty crime, but we do live in a city - and honestly, phones get stolen in the nicest of neighborhoods as well. When you choose to live in a urban area you know you need to be aware of your surroundings, but acting like Hamilton Park is some crime ridden ghetto is untrue. It's a great place to live.

Not for nothing, that phone story is bizarre to me. I was home with the flu all week, and I live right at the bball court. I didn't hear a thing nor see a cop car, and my window overlooks it. I think there's a big more to that story. But that's just my opinion.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tern wrote:

Robin.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Robin.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 16:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Yeah, it's 37 Degrees out there. Wait till the summer. And I ain't buying the "I live there" crap. Total BS.

Here's a photo from my living room window from this morning. Ironically, it's 37 degrees!:

Resized Image

I have no dog in this fight, as I rent, so property values mean shit to me.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
I read an article ages ago about residents who sued their city because a public basketball court devalued their properties. I think it was San Diego.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 5:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Yeah, it's 37 Degrees out there. Wait till the summer. And I ain't buying the "I live there" crap. Total BS.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 3:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
My family lives in one of those very buildings in the image, and we could care less about the sound of the basketball court. It's a little after 11pm as I type this, and there's some mild sounds of a few people playing out there now, and so what? Traffic is louder than people.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
264? No, sorry. We're talking about the brownstones that are actually directly across from the BB court. At least 2 of them went on the market while the park was being renovated. I feel for those people. Maybe an innocent game of 2am basketball doesn't effect you but it must make their lives hell. That court devalues their homes by at least $250,000.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/3/23 3:13

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From In your dreams
Group:
Registered Users
Dude I am so not the indoor type of chick. LOL. Maybe ill run down to Madame Claude's and grab myself a bottle of wine and chill out if there is nothing to do but I need to be out. I went running in the park last weekend with my cousin and didn't have a problem. Guess things change overnight.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't rollerblade in that area. I wouldn't even throw paper airplanes or feed the pigeons. You could try chewing bubble gum but it might get ripped out of your mouth. I can't believe that so many people with pure bred dogs even walk them around there, it's insane. There are evil doers lurking behind ever corner and the best thing to do is hide inside with your curtains drawn.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 19:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From In your dreams
Group:
Registered Users
Great! My son and I will be staying at my cousins HS condo this entire week. Now I have worry about us getting robbed while playing b-ball. Guess the iPhones will stay behind while we play. Wonder if its going to be safe to go rollerblading? In this world, who the hell knows anymore. People really do suck and have nothing better to do.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 19:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Actually I don't hear them, I'm not bs'ing. It's not like they're playing bball in my living room. They aren't that loud outside even if you walk out there at midnight. Look at property prices on the block, nothings dropped 250K. It's a great neighborhood and the park is beautiful. I have no problem with a basketball court, if I needed complete silence I would live in the suburbs.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 18:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/25 7:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
264? No, sorry. We're talking about the brownstones that are actually directly across from the BB court. At least 2 of them went on the market while the park was being renovated. I feel for those people. Maybe an innocent game of 2am basketball doesn't effect you but it must make their lives hell. That court devalues their homes by at least $250,000.

Ahem...Wrong.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

chrisjc wrote:
I live right across from the courts and I don't hear a thing at night. Never heard a complaint from my neighbors either. The material they used for the bball courts is great.

Total BS. I suppose the guys playing at midnight don't utter a sound from their mouths either? Please!

Posted on: 2013/3/21 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
You are both nuts --- out of my thousands of posts -- go find any threads that I started were I failed to add either Downtown or reference where Downtown a given crime happened.

Quote:

neverleft wrote:

GP...never DOWNTOWN...

Posted on: 2013/3/21 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
GP wrote: Quote:
Why is it that User111 and neverleft only put the location in titles for events Downtown -- please just add location for ALL crime news...

GP your information about my crime posts are as messed up as your geography of JC. As I recall you were the one who always made sure GREENVILLE:. JOURNAL SQAURE: , HEIGHTS: BERGEN-LAFAYETTE:, SAINT PETER?S: , LINCOLN PARK: was always in the title. (and half the time wrong) when I realized we are all in this together.

+10000

Posted on: 2013/3/21 20:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
GP wrote: Quote:
Why is it that User111 and neverleft only put the location in titles for events Downtown -- please just add location for ALL crime news...

GP your information about my crime posts are as messed up as your geography of JC. As I recall you were the one who always made sure GREENVILLE:. JOURNAL SQAURE: , HEIGHTS: BERGEN-LAFAYETTE:, SAINT PETER?S: , LINCOLN PARK: was always in the title. (and half the time wrong) But never DOWNTOWN:. I have no problem living and having properties outside of DT as I do.

I stopped putting in the JC hood when I realized we are all in this together. (also noticed people don?t view crimes outside of DT as much) The only reason I do post the crime pieces here is because DT has a younger stronger voice and also maybe the next mayor will see them and do something about the crime in ALL of JC. (also because I know you newcomers..err I mean ?interloper?s? are too cheap the buy the daily print edition of the JJ)

- JC man charged with robbing man of $800 at gunpoint neverleft
- JC man stabbed during altercation with 3 men neverleft
- JC man, 18(not 13), shot; rushed to JCMC neverleft
- JC man shot seven times on the mend at hospital neverleft
- JC woman loses car to armed carjackers neverleft
- JC man fighting for life after getting shot 4 times in chest neverleft
- JC resident slashed with box cutter during assault neverleft
- JC man arrested for robbery after foot chase with police neverleft
- JCPD say 25-year-old dragged woman into basement for sex neverleft
- JC man fighting for life after getting shot 4 times in chest neverleft
- JCPD encounter gunfire, suspects running with guns, and fights near catering hall neverleft
- 2 arrested in attempted theft of catalytic converter from parked car neverleft
- Two JC women robbed just hours apart near Light Rail station neverleft
- JC man tells cops he was robbed by four masked men neverleft

- Police searching for man who stole money from (DT)Jersey City deli neverleft
(only put in (DT) because the suspect was from the DT area and known)

PS ? what side of Rt. 78 did the cell phone cell phone robbery take place?
I hope they catch the punks.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 20:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
That's still a pricey block.

I only mentioned cars because that would make the tunnel/turnpike relevant for getaway purposes.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/3/21 19:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I live right across from the courts and I don't hear a thing at night. Never heard a complaint from my neighbors either. The material they used for the bball courts is great.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
By Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal

A Jersey City man lost more than just a game of basketball after he was robbed by two boys in Hamilton Park yesterday, police said.

The man, 18, of Steuben Street, said he was playing basketball in Hamilton Park around 6:30 p.m. yesterday when he was approached by two boys, who asked him to use his cell phone, reports state.

When the victim refused, the two boys held him down, grabbed his Samsung Galaxy 2 and fled the park walking east on 9th Street, reports state.

Police are still investigating the incident and anyone with information is asked to call (201)-547-JAIL.

Haha. "Investigating." right.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
The condos on that side are pricey. That's 264 9th, IIRC.

If you're going to be "shady" there you have to drive down to Erie to make your escape as Jersey is one way southbound to 10th.

That said I've been around there late night and not really seen many issues. Perhaps it's related to some of the schools that practice over there.

In this case I'm not really concerned with having basketball courts. Given the proximity to St. Anthony's and its borderline national status, people go there to really play basketball for the most part.

These condos on 9th are only assessed at $42k so I don't think a little noise will be a bother.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 17:54
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
The condos on that side are pricey. That's 264 9th, IIRC.

If you're going to be "shady" there you have to drive down to Erie to make your escape as Jersey is one way southbound to 10th.

That said I've been around there late night and not really seen many issues. Perhaps it's related to some of the schools that practice over there.

In this case I'm not really concerned with having basketball courts. Given the proximity to St. Anthony's and its borderline national status, people go there to really play basketball for the most part.

Huh? Who said these guys had cars? Bikes and legs is all it takes and normally is the situation when mugging....not a getaway car. The issues I've had never have been people driving away for escape.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/3/21 17:49

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017