Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Parking lot on 9th and Erie - door always open!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
I got my answer and I no longer park there.

That is an entirely appropriate response when a service provider does not provide the contracted service or you are simply unhappy with the service.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 15:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/17 17:38
Group:
Registered Users
How unprofessional was that email? I couldn't believe they put everyone's email address in there! It did not even offer a single excuse as to why they were doing this favor for the restaurant. Silverman is who owns Hamilton Square right? Wonder how they manage their condo's if they can't even manage a parking lot without getting everyone pissed off.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 11:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
What does the parking lease agreement say about the garage door? What does the parking lease agreement say about the specific level of security to be provided for your car while it's parked there?

Regardless of what it says - and I don't know as I terminated my parking space with them and recycled the contract. But I do know the door was always locked & the front parking area locked (neither were accessible without a key fob, in fact I couldn't access the garage for 48 hrs. thanks to a key fob issue they took their time getting back to me on) and I rented there due to that reason. They are sloppy and taking advantage of their customers. When it came to changing their payment options they were down our throats about that or we were to pay an extra $10 for the trouble of them cashing a check. If they are so on top of that, why aren't they more courteous to those providing them the money? I got my answer and I no longer park there.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 2:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
What does the parking lease agreement say about the garage door? What does the parking lease agreement say about the specific level of security to be provided for your car while it's parked there?

Posted on: 2013/3/21 2:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/25 18:50
From corner of van vorst and vienna
Group:
Registered Users
We were sort of expecting this, after the email they sent the other day (don't think this could be considered private, since they cr*pped everyone's email into the wide-open "to" field):

There has been some concern over the temporary use of the garage as a parking area for the neighborhood's newest Vietnamese restaurant, New Thanh Hoai. The restaurant has rented the Lefrak lot just to the north on Erie Street and has been awaiting the final approval before they can begin parking there. We expect to get the OK in the next few days and will be returning the garage to it's normal mode of operation. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please feel free to contact me with any questions and don't forget to grab a bite at New Thanh Hoai!

That whole "expect" and "next few days" thing.

+1 about the lack of communication. Send an email (using that little trick from the mid-90s called BCC). Post a sign. Say SOMETHING, before the internet hissy fit.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, why is it open again?

Hey Paul why do you not communicate to the parking tenants via an email or a sign in the garage? Why does it take a bunch of upset people on a message board to get some sort of response?
The less you are upfront about something the more people are going to be pissed.
The construction in the garage lasted many months and there was barely any communication there as well.

Quote:

LoraJ wrote:
And it's open again! WTF?

Posted on: 2013/3/20 23:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/4 1:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
And it's open again! WTF?

Posted on: 2013/3/20 22:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wonder how many people actually drive there. Is it that much of a destination, and/or is that the restaurant's goal?

That said, this has been a fine way to alienate the neighborhood from the get-go. If that were my business, I'd fear the repercussions of cheesing off a hundred or two of my potential customers. It's a tough spot that does need the support of ppl who'd walk there.

I imagine quite a few people here rcvd an email from the Silverman people today about "the concern"... with everyone's email address out in open the "to" line. Insult to injury.

Quote:

chrisjc wrote:
I agree, I hope the restaurant doesn't lose out - but I'd think they would understand our concerns and probably worry more that they'd lose the LOCALS, not the people driving and parking their. Nothing in that spot will succeed unless it wins over the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2013/3/19 23:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I agree, I hope the restaurant doesn't lose out - but I'd think they would understand our concerns and probably worry more that they'd lose the LOCALS, not the people driving and parking their. Nothing in that spot will succeed unless it wins over the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2013/3/19 22:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
As they say in the minuscule Austrian town of my birth: Power to the pissed-off, egg-wielding people.

Quote:

chrisjc wrote:
The doors closed!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/3/19 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I hope the restaurant does well but I don't care if the parking garage affects them if it hinders the people who pay to park there.. I don't pay to have it left open 24/7 with no one to police it.

Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
I hope that doesn't hurt the new restaurant -- maybe they can keep it open for prime time...

Posted on: 2013/3/19 0:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I hope that doesn't hurt the new restaurant -- maybe they can keep it open for prime time...

Posted on: 2013/3/18 23:42

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The doors closed!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/3/18 22:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
While keying may be too extreme for most of us, a carton of eggs may come in handy.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DTNJC wrote:
Quote:

LoraJ wrote:
While we are at it, maybe Silverman should charge double a month to the people who take up two parking spots. You want two spots, then pay for them.

Resized Image

I was wondering why this car didn't get towed???
Seriously, someone will key it 1 night for sure especially with the door open & everyone so pissed about it.

Talk is cheap!

Posted on: 2013/3/18 3:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/4 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoraJ wrote:
While we are at it, maybe Silverman should charge double a month to the people who take up two parking spots. You want two spots, then pay for them.

Resized Image

I was wondering why this car didn't get towed???
Seriously, someone will key it 1 night for sure especially with the door open & everyone so pissed about it.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
"Theft of Services"? People wonder why their cars get keyed.

Posted on: 2013/3/17 23:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/3/17 22:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Since somebody brought up the importance of the "signed contract" what does the contract that customers signed when they leased a spot in the 9th street garage specifically say about the security measures to be provided for $165.00 per month?

Posted on: 2013/3/17 17:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I agree 100 percent, with this chrisjc post and also the 8:52 post by PATH8R. We pay Silverman every month for a garage that has always been, at least in my three or so years, secured by a motorised gate. It would have been simple to email all of us and let us know what was happening, although my household would still have been angry. We would at least have had information and basic courtesy.

Who is Tommy, and why do we care that he's "very nice"? I do not care. My girlfriend does not care. We care that anyone can stroll into that garage now, day or night, and harm our vehicle or, God forbid, us or a neighbor.

Very poor business conduct. We will never patronise that restaurant because this whole thing has been so infuriating.

Also: +1 about the refund. Every paying customer (not that "very nice" Tommy) should get a free month after this fiasco. We have been paying the same $165 and NOT getting the gated parking that we all pay for.

Quote:

chrisjc wrote:
I think it would have been respectful of the paying customers to alert us via email and signs that the door will not be closed for weeks.... it's too bad the restaurant does not have their parking ready yet, but this is a private lot that we pay $165/month for.... they could have been given clickers for it or had someone work the lot during restaurant hours if they desperately needed parking. There is absolutely no reason that the doors need to remain open 24/7. The management company's main priority should be the customers, not feeling bad for a restaurant that has a delayed opening to their own lot....

Posted on: 2013/3/17 7:30

Edited by hitchcock on 2013/3/17 7:51:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
I'd most definitely be concerned for the safety of your customers. I've had my wife blocked by a man at the front entrance before she opened the door with her key fob. She had her doors locked and laid on her horn for a precaution. The man wouldn't move. It was obvious he was going to attempt a useless mugging. She didn't open the garage door and drove off to meet me. But those are the thugs that are heading back to the projects across the Holland Tunnel and en route they make a pit stop there. PROTECT YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS FIRST. Ridiculously greedy. It's not patience required of customers, it's the removal of ignorance that customers should pay the SAME price for an UNSECURE LOT. I would not have my wife park there with those doors open PERIOD. REFUND PEOPLE!

Posted on: 2013/3/17 0:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I think it would have been respectful of the paying customers to alert us via email and signs that the door will not be closed for weeks.... it's too bad the restaurant does not have their parking ready yet, but this is a private lot that we pay $165/month for.... they could have been given clickers for it or had someone work the lot during restaurant hours if they desperately needed parking. There is absolutely no reason that the doors need to remain open 24/7. The management company's main priority should be the customers, not feeling bad for a restaurant that has a delayed opening to their own lot....

Posted on: 2013/3/16 23:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you are going to leave the door open you need to have someone posted there to watch the entrance. Not only do you not have that, the door is left open all night long when the restaurant is not even open. This has been going on for 3 weeks.

Quote:

PaulSilverman wrote:
The use of the garage is a temporary solution for Tommy's new restaurant, New Thanh Hoai. Tommy rented dedicated parking just to the north on Erie Street from Lefrak but is delayed getting approval to use the Lefrak lot. We expect in the next few days to get the ok. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please eat at New Thanh Hoai, if you can, the Vietnamese food is delicious and the owner, Tommy is very nice.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 21:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PaulSilverman wrote:
The use of the garage is a temporary solution for Tommy's new restaurant, New Thanh Hoai. Tommy rented dedicated parking just to the north on Erie Street from Lefrak but is delayed getting approval to use the Lefrak lot. We expect in the next few days to get the ok. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please eat at New Thanh Hoai, if you can, the Vietnamese food is delicious and the owner, Tommy is very nice.

Then why not hire someone temporarily to watch the garage during restaurant hours and close the garage door when the restaurant closes?

Posted on: 2013/3/16 21:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/16 19:29
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/3/16 19:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed, but at least the garage has some level of security, even if it is open to the public. There are camera's and people around. The garage on Erie is open (still today) 24/7 with no security and broken lights..... and it costs $165 vs $100..... more convenient on Erie but may be worth the trip to the mall to save $780/year if it both are open and unsecure.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 19:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/1 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
Well, getting a parking spot in the mall doesn't solve the problem of having your car exposed and un-secured. It shouldn't be hard to see why people who signed a contract for a locked garage might be upset now that it's not.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 14:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/18 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
I went to visit the Mall parking offices about a month ago to inquire as I'm thinking about parking there myself. The office is actually on the first (ground floor) by the car rental office (actually in back of it facing Marin Blvd) all the way in the Northwest part of the lot (between Sears and Marin Blvd). It's $100 a month and you need to bring a copy of your lease (or mortgage) and a utility bill (if I remember correctly) to evidence that you live in Hamilton Park. The first payment is $110, $10 extra for the paperwork fee.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We've emailed them multiple times over the past 3 weeks kept hearing back temporary. Last email said yesterday would be the last day they were going to do it. Hopefully that is the case.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 12:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
You can park overnight at the Mall? What are their rates?

Posted on: 2013/3/15 21:25

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017