Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Extreme Right Winger On Healy Ticket
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/13 15:22
Group:
Registered Users
Pastor Gonzalez has been saying that his "personal beliefs" are off-limits in his run for public office. He says (on the Jersey Journal blog) "I am not running on a 'religious' platform."

An individual's beliefs have never been off-limits in American political discourse. People have the freedom to hold beliefs, to state them, or to refuse to state them. But American voters have always understood a candidate's beliefs to say something about how they will govern. They have always been and always will be "fair game," and Pastor Gonzalez has the right to answer or not answer, as his conscience and judgment dictates.

But he also claims he is not running a religious campaign. Some of us might easily be confused on that point.

1. His wife, who is co-pastor with him, uses her personal Facebook page to urge people to vote for Pr. Gonzalez as a matter of Christian faith. "If you live in Jersey City Heights, and you are a Christian, Mario Gonzalez is the candidate that you should be voting for Councilman for Ward D." (Posted March 2 with a link to the campaign Facebook page.) That statement is linked directly to his campaign page. That sure sounds like a religious campaign.

2. That same campaign Facebook page interchangeably promotes his campaign and his church and his religious beliefs, and praises church members and ministers of the church for doing his campaign work. Pastor Gonzalez has one of his church's pastors coordinating campaign activities: "Would you volunteer just a few hours to get petitions signed? This is our chance to make a difference in our community. Let's take advantage of it Please call Pastor Donald (917)xxx-xxxx, or Luis (973)xxx-xxxx to volunteer." (Posted March 1, ten days before candidate nominating petitions were due.) That sure sounds like a religious campaign.

All of these things are his right to do. But they also open him up to questions. How does he understand the roles of church and state? What are his beliefs? How will they influence him as an elected representative of all the people in his district and the city?

When a candidate so easily blends his church and his politics, isn't it legitimate to ask how he would act sitting in the Council Chamber?

All fair questions. Ducking them by claiming the other side wasn't polite in raising the issue, or claiming it's "personal" not public, are just not convincing.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 18:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/2 18:35
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
It's disturbing that Rev. Gonzalez still will not come out and say what he believes and how this will affect the way he would govern.

It's possible to be personally compassionate and tolerant on an individual basis, while still supporting and promoting oppressive systems and policies.

Does the Reverend support the state allowing gay people to marry?

Would the Reverend allow state funding for gay conversion therapy?

Will Reverend Gonzalez support funding for and attend gay pride events?

These get to what he would be like on the city council, not what he is like behind his pulpit, and I'd like to hear some explanations instead of denying that these are issues. He could make the whole thing go away by answering some real questions.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 15:51
Follow the yellow brick road.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
This is the United States Religion and Politics should never mix - otherwise we'll end up like the Taliban. We have to make sure that Reverend Gonzales guy does not win

Posted on: 2013/3/13 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Fletch4JC wrote:
What better way to send a message to counter this, than by ELECTING and openly Gay person to City Council.

My name is Fletcher Gensamer and I am also running for Ward E. If elected, I would be the first openly ELECTED LGBT individual to Jersey City government.

I've been out of the closet since 1992, and first moved here to Jersey City back in 1993.

g

Actually Ray Velazquez is the first openly gay council person. This was something Healy was all bragging about.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_to_swear_in_former.html

Okay, actually I'm seeing you say "elected"

Honestly, I don't think it should matter either way. Your sexual orientation, gender, or ethnicity should not be a reason people vote for you or not.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 15:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/11 5:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Fletch4JC wrote:
Go to Jersey Journal and search for me....

I actually rose my hand. Instead, he went with an INSIDER who will be a rubber stamp to whatever Steven wants.

Two points, please.

1. Don't you have your own thread to promote your candidacy? How is telling is to Google your name on topic to Healy's running mate in Ward D?

2. Sorry you're hurt that Fulop didn't choose you as his running mate. But Candice Osborne = "rubber stamp"? LOL ridiculous.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Fletch4JC wrote:
Not flinging mud at all. Read Candice's business website for yourself.

I think this is a very valid and legitimate concern regarding a POTENTIAL conflict of interest. I don't think you can have a business doing political "stuff" that you are getting paid for, and then run for political "office", and get paid for that at the same time. It also almost seems like a favor from Steve for past performance that she was chosen to be on his ticket.

Here is the website. http://campaignconnect.org/leadership.html

Thanks for your understanding. I am actually trying to focus on the positive. I will be continually updating my site so stay tuned. One thing is for sure, Healy has to go. Those tax hikes came at the worst possible time for folks. They don't care.

Fletch

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 14:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/10 23:18
From Downtown Jersey City - Ward E
Group:
Registered Users
Not flinging mud at all. Read Candice's business website for yourself.

I think this is a very valid and legitimate concern regarding a POTENTIAL conflict of interest. I don't think you can have a business doing political "stuff" that you are getting paid for, and then run for political "office", and get paid for that at the same time. It also almost seems like a favor from Steve for past performance that she was chosen to be on his ticket.

Here is the website. http://campaignconnect.org/leadership.html

Thanks for your understanding. I am actually trying to focus on the positive. I will be continually updating my site so stay tuned. One thing is for sure, Healy has to go. Those tax hikes came at the worst possible time for folks. They don't care.

Fletch

Posted on: 2013/3/13 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Fletch4JC wrote:
This goes out to user HCResident.

Go to Jersey Journal and search for me. You will see... back in 2009 I was looking out for Jersey City TAXPAYERS when Mayor Healy and the city council did a sneaky, little notice tax increase at a 5 pm meeting when they knew few would be able to show up. I was there, and I spoke up for YOU THE PEOPLE.

And in 2010... did it again. My CUT SPENDING NOW sign put me on the front cover. They hit with a whopping 25% tax increase. Again I was out there VERY CONCERNED.

In addition? Who am I? Ever heard of the Cathedral Arts Festival? Its Jersey City's and Hudson County's Largest and Longest running arts festival. We just had our 23rd year. For the past 7 years i have been very much involved, doing all their marketing and PR and ad sales.... raising buckets of money from our generous downtown businesses, going door-to-door doing fundraising, so that this event can take place. That is who I am.

Answer me this HCResident? Why do we need three departments/authorities that so similar functions? DPW, MUA, and JCIA. All of these have heavy equipment. Let's merge these departments into one... and get rid of all the PATRONAGE jobs that Healy so likes.

We have to run this government efficiently.

And I think my concern is a very valid one. She's been paid and has a business that does this "voter tracking"... and she will be involved in Corey Booker's campaign through her business.

Oh and P.S. When Steve Fulop, who I like, was fishing for "nominees", for the Ward E position back in 2011 on facebook. I actually rose my hand. Instead, he went with an INSIDER who will be a rubber stamp to whatever Steven wants. And given his school board just gave us another 2% tax increase, I am concerned about that.

Thanks for your understanding.

Fletch

Fletch. I?m not disagreeing with any of your stances. I?m disagreeing with your feeble attempt to fling mud.

So because Steve Fulop chose a campaign volunteer over you that makes her some sort of terrible insider? Really?

I have nothing against you. I just take issue with statements that are blatantly false. Seriously, good luck with your campaign. I wish you the best.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 14:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This goes out to user HCResident.

Go to Jersey Journal and search for me. You will see... back in 2009 I was looking out for Jersey City TAXPAYERS when Mayor Healy and the city council did a sneaky, little notice tax increase at a 5 pm meeting when they knew few would be able to show up. I was there, and I spoke up for YOU THE PEOPLE.

And in 2010... did it again. My CUT SPENDING NOW sign put me on the front cover. They hit with a whopping 25% tax increase. Again I was out there VERY CONCERNED.

In addition? Who am I? Ever heard of the Cathedral Arts Festival? Its Jersey City's and Hudson County's Largest and Longest running arts festival. We just had our 23rd year. For the past 7 years i have been very much involved, doing all their marketing and PR and ad sales.... raising buckets of money from our generous downtown businesses, going door-to-door doing fundraising, so that this event can take place. That is who I am.

Answer me this HCResident? Why do we need three departments/authorities that so similar functions? DPW, MUA, and JCIA. All of these have heavy equipment. Let's merge these departments into one... and get rid of all the PATRONAGE jobs that Healy so likes.

We have to run this government efficiently.

And I think my concern is a very valid one. She's been paid and has a business that does this "voter tracking"... and she will be involved in Corey Booker's campaign through her business.

Oh and P.S. When Steve Fulop, who I like, was fishing for "nominees", for the Ward E position back in 2011 on facebook. I actually rose my hand. Instead, he went with an INSIDER who will be a rubber stamp to whatever Steven wants. And given his school board just gave us another 2% tax increase, I am concerned about that.

Thanks for your understanding.

Fletch

Posted on: 2013/3/13 14:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/28 0:17
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HHend wrote:
I think it's pretty telling that no one on this board has questioned Connors' credibility...

We could go around all day questioning each other's credibility. Maybe that's the nature of anonymous or psedononymous posting. Why we just might question the fact that 8 of your 9 posts are anti-Fulop, and the 9th was a complaint about school reforms, and conclude that you don't have any credibility either.

But one of the pluses of this communication is that it allows you to focus on the issue rather than the person. Is the claim credible?

Right now the issue is that Connors made a charge about the Reverend's beliefs. The Reverend, as an ordained minister of the Assemblies of God, is rightly assumed to believe in his church's teaching. When pressed, does the Reverend say what he believes? No. He complains about being persecuted for his religion, tells how that's just like Martin Luther King, and refuses to answer the question. His claim that he will be able to serve all the people he represents neglected to mention sex (Assemblies of God is opposed to women in authority) and sexual orientation (Assemblies of God is strongly against gay relationships).

Rev Gonzalez could demonstrate his own credibility by answering the charges - or he could duck them. Just like Healy, who's made a career out of ducking responsibility.

Like Healy's other running mates, who duck direct questions, counting on Team Healy solidarity to work election day magic. They might be right if people stay home, or their fear tactics about "outsiders" works.

News flash: I'm fed up with Healy and Fulop looks a lot better. I find it incredible that anyone could think that Healy, Walker, or Malik are anywhere near prepared to govern this city.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 13:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HHend wrote:
I think it's pretty telling that no one on this board has questioned Connors' credibility in making such a statement. Sure, there are plenty of Fulop supporters on this board who are 1) blinded by their allegiance and 2) wildly inexperienced did unknowledgable when it comes to JC politics, but EVERYONE knows Connors has no core. He just wants a job. That alone should cast doubt on Fulop's embrace of him, but apparently love is blind. What DOES Connors stand for? Just a few months ago he called Fulop unAmerican, but the political expediency behind his and Fulop's reversal and warm embrace seems to be imaginary here. How about his abstention during the school board vote - is that what Fulop and his supporters want? Someone who only takes a stand when it's enough of a sure thing? Despicable and disheartening. The Fulop-bots will spin this all away, for sure. But they know these nagging questions are real and that they have no answers.

Walker is looking better and better.

Walker is looking better & better? Walker moved here from West Orange last June. You're supposed to a resident for at least a year. Also, why does his wife & kids still live in West Orange? The kids also attend school there. Yep, looks better & better.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HHend wrote:
I think it's pretty telling that no one on this board has questioned Connors' credibility in making such a statement. Sure, there are plenty of Fulop supporters on this board who are 1) blinded by their allegiance and 2) wildly inexperienced did unknowledgable when it comes to JC politics, but EVERYONE knows Connors has no core. He just wants a job. That alone should cast doubt on Fulop's embrace of him, but apparently love is blind. What DOES Connors stand for? Just a few months ago he called Fulop unAmerican, but the political expediency behind his and Fulop's reversal and warm embrace seems to be imaginary here. How about his abstention during the school board vote - is that what Fulop and his supporters want? Someone who only takes a stand when it's enough of a sure thing? Despicable and disheartening. The Fulop-bots will spin this all away, for sure. But they know these nagging questions are real and that they have no answers.

Us Fulop supporters might be "blind", "wildly inexperienced" and "unknowledgeable". But we have the experience, knowledge and eyes open enough to know there are spin-bots on both sides. And what's your spin here? If you can't vote for Healy, at least vote for Walker?

Back on point, whatever you think of Conners, his question posed about Gonzales is a fair question.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 13:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/17 17:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HHend wrote:

Everyone agrees Mr. Conners is a reformer and also the "Winds of Change" in word d! No one has even heard of this other guy.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Fletch4JC wrote:

And Candice Osborne? First, no one knows who she is. Second, she is a paid political insider who, according to her business website "has provided digital and voter targeting services across Northern New Jersey, including services for Jersey City Councilman Steven Fulop and Newark Mayor Corey Booker."

Conflict of interest? I think so. And will she be looking out for Ward E when helping get Corey Booker elected to the US Senate? Nope. Candice will be a RUBBER STAMP.

Dude, if you're going to fling mud, at least know what you?re talking about.

Your first argument against Candice is that no one knows who she is. That's kind of the pot calling the kettle black. I mean really, who are you? I?ve lived here since 2000 and actually pay attention to Jersey City politics. I?ve never once heard of you.

AND, what have you done? You talk about being in business for 20 years and being able to read a budget, but politics is not business. It?s more than about money. It?s about people.

In the business world, where the prime objective is profit, if you need to cut back on expenditures, you can pretty much do whatever you want so long as it doesn?t destroy the business. In government, everything is intertwined. So cuts that might make perfect sense in the business world, where people are not much more than mere commodities, could devastate a city. I?m sorry, call me what you want, but a business mentality doesn?t always work when we are talking people vs. profit.

And a conflict of interest? Did you do any research whatsoever into what you are accusing Candice of Mr. Business man? I would assume someone with 20 years of business experience would know better than to make a claim about something before he knew all the facts.

While volunteering for Councilman Fulop, Candice developed a computer program that a candidate can use to for voter targeting. Candice kept the proprietary rights to the program and either licensed or sold use rights to the Booker campaign. That doesn?t make her a political insider, it makes her a good business woman.

So as always when I am speaking of Candice, in the spirit of full disclosure, I was once her neighbor. This is why I know about the campaign program she developed. And I also stated in another post on this site, had Dan Levin not gone to the dark side, I would have had a tough time deciding who I was voting for in spite of the fact that I know, like and respect Candice.

I do, however, agree with your criticism of Dan Levin, but your take on Candice Osborne is totally off. If you think you are the better candidate, that?s completely reasonable and I respect that. But don?t lay out accusations that have no basis in truth and are simply a way of sliming someone?s good name.

Good luck with your campaign.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 13:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/26 0:25
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/3/13 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Connors question is fair and on point. Rev Gonzalez is effectively paid by his ministry to represent the core values and beliefs of the ministry. That's very different to a lay person holding office and holding private beliefs. A lay person isn't exposed to the same level of censure.

It really boils down to a conflict of interest. And the question is one of how Rev Gonzalez would handle such conflicts. Apparently it's by "righteous indignation", given the response so far.

I think it's also revealing that "gender" and "orientation" were missing from his JJ response:

Gonzalez, meanwhile, said in a statement from Healy?s campaign that if elected to the council, he would fight for everyone ?regardless of race, religion, creed or what neighborhood they?re from.?

Posted on: 2013/3/13 13:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
What better way to send a message to counter this, than by ELECTING and openly Gay person to City Council.

My name is Fletcher Gensamer and I am also running for Ward E. If elected, I would be the first openly ELECTED LGBT individual to Jersey City government.

I've been out of the closet since 1992, and first moved here to Jersey City back in 1993.

I don't want you to elect me though just because I am gay. I want you to elect me because I am the best candidate. With a 20 year career in business, working in direct marketing and advertising, I know how to effectively manage multi-million dollar programs. And, I can read a budget - and believe it or not, have read Jersey City's. Big room for improvement.

Ward E has a history of being very independent. We cannot elect a person who will just be a RUBBER STAMP to whomever becomes mayor.

Dan Levin ran AGAINST Mayor Healy in 2009 and LOST. Ran AGAINST Healy's choices for Council-At-Large and LOST. And now Dan, who was for good government, is running on Mayor Healy's ticket? Come on. Dan will be a RUBBER STAMP to whatever Healy wants.

And Candice Osborne? First, no one knows who she is. Second, she is a paid political insider who, according to her business website "has provided digital and voter targeting services across Northern New Jersey, including services for Jersey City Councilman Steven Fulop and Newark Mayor Corey Booker."

Conflict of interest? I think so. And will she be looking out for Ward E when helping get Corey Booker elected to the US Senate? Nope. Candice will be a RUBBER STAMP.

So on May 14th, please consider electing me to City Council for Ward E. My website is www.Fletch4JC.org and facebook page is www.facebook.com/Fletch4JCWardE

And here is my latest ad. I call it Diversity.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 988384664_972513321_n.jpg

Posted on: 2013/3/13 12:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MightyOz wrote:
On the Jersey Journal page (Jersey City election 2013: candidate under fire for alleged 'extremist' views), the Reverend has been making claims that he's being attacked for his religion, and compared himself to Martin Luther King, Jr.

The JJ has also pulled one of his comments from yesterday where he said that Connors should be held to a higher standard than the Rev because he's already elected.

But he refuses to answer questions about his beliefs or the way they might affect his vote as a Councilman. It's like his clerical collar is some kind of immunity idol. Pretty special.

"..... the reverend has been making claims that he's being attacked for his religion, and compared himself to Martin Luther King, Jr......"

Really? This Healy Hack would crumble like the cheap suit he is if he were to endure one-tenth of what Dr. King endured for all. I doubt the reverend Gonzo's legacy will last past May 14th, 2013.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
?The attack by Connors and Tedeschi comes in the aftermath of the Healy campaign's charge last month that the downtown city councilman is himself too close to Republicans??.?

Resized Image

(now that is what you call close!)

(from www.nj.com photogallery)

I wish I could unsee that.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 17:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
On the Jersey Journal page (Jersey City election 2013: candidate under fire for alleged 'extremist' views), the Reverend has been making claims that he's being attacked for his religion, and compared himself to Martin Luther King, Jr.

The JJ has also pulled one of his comments from yesterday where he said that Connors should be held to a higher standard than the Rev because he's already elected.

But he refuses to answer questions about his beliefs or the way they might affect his vote as a Councilman. It's like his clerical collar is some kind of immunity idol. Pretty special.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Pastor Mario, Jim Jones, & the Assembly of God.

http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/AboutJonest ... Sources/AssembliesOrd.pdf

Posted on: 2013/3/12 13:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/26 16:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedup07302 wrote:

Dan your silence speaks to the Heart and soul of your campaign of opportunity.

There is bad history between Connors and the HCDO. That council race will only get uglier. I don?t blame Dan for staying out of it...

Posted on: 2013/3/12 4:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
The Jersey Journal reports on the story: Jersey City election 2013: candidate under fire for alleged 'extremist' views

Rev. Gonzalez' response is to point the accusing finger back at Connors for attacking his religion. But he does NOT distance himself in any way from the claims about his denomination's beliefs. He seems to think that because he is not yet an elected official he shouldn't have to answer questions about how his beliefs affect his ability to REPRESENT a diverse population.

Whether you like the tone or not, it seems like it's fair to ask whether his denomination's official positions are his own positions. Isn't it a legitimate question to ask whether those kinds of beliefs would allow him to be responsive to constituents who hold opposite views, and who are "living in sin," as his church defines it?

That you can wall off a belief which many find obnoxious and hurtful and say that because it's "religious" it's somehow exempt from examination is contrary to the spirit of American democracy.

I'll defend Rev. Gonzalez's right to hold such a belief, and to try and convince others that he and his church have the truth. But it's just as important for others to stand up and say wait a minute - is this a responsible position for our elected leaders?

Posted on: 2013/3/12 3:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Crickets from Dan or his Campaign spokesperson
Jtaylor (April).
Can you not see why this whole "I can run with the Healy crew
but still be Mr independent" is a farce?
Healy veto's pay to play..............CRICKETS.
Healy has illegal fundraiser..........CRICKETS
Healy candidate has extreme
anti Gay and anti women views....CRICKETS

Dan your silence speaks to the Heart and soul of your campaign of opportunity.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 2:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
I tried to find something about their beliefs on the church website, but it doesn't seem to have much in the way of overtly religious content.

I also tried to visit Pr. Gonzalez' campaign website advertized on his Facebook pages, but it just gives a bright screen screen that says "This is my site description."

Still evolving I guess. Or maybe that's a poor choice of words.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 22:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/17 17:24
Group:
Registered Users
The Hope cEnter Art Academy has been brainwashing the youth into artists for years. Detective Conners and Councilman Fulop are right about this guy Mario.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The church's positions on abortion or homosexuality are not that different from, for example, the Catholic Church's. What makes Gonzalez's Hope Center troubling is that it has an explicit political objective. Its core mission is to impose it's religious views on Jersey City's schools and government.

Here is the Hope Center's own description of its mission:

Quote:

You see, the Gospel, when properly presented, will either provoke its hearers to anger or to change. The Hope Center is committed to positive change. We have dedicated our ministry and all our resources toward turning our city upside down and positively impacting it for Christ, something we have been doing for almost a decade. Through our 2006-07 Turning Our City Upside Down campaign we will train hundreds of other churches and ministry leaders in the greater New York City metroplex area to do the same. It is the job of the Church to challenge society and promote revolutionary change in our neighborhoods, our schools and our government.

(emphasis added)

This makes the Reverend's place on Healy's ticket an especially significant issue in the campaign.

http://www.usachurches.org/church/hope-center-tabernacle.htm

Posted on: 2013/3/11 21:17
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
?The attack by Connors and Tedeschi comes in the aftermath of the Healy campaign's charge last month that the downtown city councilman is himself too close to Republicans??.?

Resized Image

(now that is what you call close!)

(from www.nj.com photogallery)

Posted on: 2013/3/11 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedup07302 wrote:
This is scary Mayor Healy! I am asking the New Dan Levin to publicly distance himself from a ticket that is supporting someone with these views. Also, Healy should not support this right wing candidate. Read about this organization Assembly of God and their platform - SCARY TICKET FOR JERSEY CITY

http://www.politickernj.com/63879/jc- ... ship-controversial-church

It is not surprising that the church is anti-abortion. But, what is concerning to me is that they also very much appear to be anti-tolerance.

If elected, we should not expect to see any support from Pastor Mario for the gay community. That is, of course, unless he states otherwise. And, yes, the other candidates should pipe up and tell us what they think on the matter.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 20:34
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/11 20:22
Group:
Registered Users
These guys are pretty far out there. The Assemblies of God are famous for having gay-bashing clergy who wind in in gay sex scandals. Jimmy Swaggert for instance.

Other famous Assemblies of God folks: Gene Scott, the crazy late night cable preacher, and Sarah Palin.

In their 4 page position paper on "Homosexuality," they spend more than two pages telling why Homosexuality Is Sin. (Read it yourself on the church website.) I wonder of Pr. Mario believes all the stuff his church pushes?

More importantly, what do Healy and the other people on the ticket think? It's hard to see how this kind of radical right wing political agenda would be right for Jersey City.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 20:16

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017