Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: NYTimes article "Moving deeper into Brooklyn for lower home prices" -- getting lots of JC comments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I think if you want to be on a subway 20 minutes outside of Manhattan, Brooklyn is still cheaper than the equivalent travel distance in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 5:21

Re: NYTimes article "Moving deeper into Brooklyn for lower home prices" -- getting lots of JC comments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
The Heights doesn't have a PATH stop, but Journal Square and Harrison do. And the Holland Gardens area is close enough to Hoboken Terminal to count. These are the last frontiers in the NJ metro of Manhattan, but property is already being developed or readied for development in this next boom cycle, which means prices are already going up pretty quickly.

Generally speaking, in urban areas home values spike only within a half-mile of mass transit stations unless your apartment has a direct unobstructed view of a sizable park or city skyline.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 4:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

Time to start looking in Jersey City or Union City. Closer to Manhattan than Park Slope and so much cheaper.

This statement is not true of downtown Jersey City anymore.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 4:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Kilroy wrote:
[quote]
Where in the Heights? Looks safe to me but i was told that crime was out of control there. Not enough cops.

Take what people say with a grain of salt, everyone has agendas.... even me. If you're serious, spend time in a neighborhood. I find the Heights vibe more "striver" than ghetto. Walk around on a nice day and chat with people. Walk around at 10pm and see if you feel creeped out. There's crime, sure. But there's plenty of crime Downtown too. It's a city.

I've invested in the Palisade area as I believe it's up and coming, with new people attracted to the easy Hoboken and transit access. Natives like "Heights" say the West Slope (west of Kennedy) is the best. The Sherman Pl area with big Victorians just NW of Pershing Field is quite nice. Explore, don't take anyone's word for it.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 3:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/30 3:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Jim Fischer in Jersey City

And they still think $1 million for a townhouse in Brooklyn is a bargain! Having lived in Brooklyn for 20 years (Carroll Gardens), in 2010 my wife and I, wanting to buy, decided we could not afford Brooklyn. We found Jersey City Heights where we paid $320,000 for a 1910 Arts&Crafts townhouse (original moldings, staircase and doors in-tact, never painted over)! After refinancing and tax abatements (re-assessment and conversion to a single family) we now have a 2,200 square foot, four bedroom, townhouse with a huge backyard for 'out of pocket' (after tax deductions) o $1,100 a month. And my wife's commute to Wall Street is the same as it was from Carroll Gardens. Jersey City Heights is the best kept real estate secret in the New York area.

Where in the Heights? Looks safe to me but i was told that crime was out of control there. Not enough cops.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 2:27
Kilroy was here!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
let's keep this to ourselves. I want to buy and don't need no competition driving up prices

Posted on: 2013/3/10 11:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/11 5:14
Group:
Registered Users
Ssshhhhh! Don't tell!

Posted on: 2013/3/9 21:47

NYTimes article "Moving deeper into Brooklyn for lower home prices" -- getting lots of JC comments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Brooklyn's New Gentrification Frontiers -- click link below:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/rea ... or-lower-home-prices.html

Here are a few comments:

yucan mon

Time to start looking in Jersey City or Union City. Closer to Manhattan than Park Slope and so much cheaper.

====================

Jim Fischer in Jersey City

And they still think $1 million for a townhouse in Brooklyn is a bargain! Having lived in Brooklyn for 20 years (Carroll Gardens), in 2010 my wife and I, wanting to buy, decided we could not afford Brooklyn. We found Jersey City Heights where we paid $320,000 for a 1910 Arts&Crafts townhouse (original moldings, staircase and doors in-tact, never painted over)! After refinancing and tax abatements (re-assessment and conversion to a single family) we now have a 2,200 square foot, four bedroom, townhouse with a huge backyard for 'out of pocket' (after tax deductions) o $1,100 a month. And my wife's commute to Wall Street is the same as it was from Carroll Gardens. Jersey City Heights is the best kept real estate secret in the New York area.

Posted on: 2013/3/9 18:35

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017